Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic It's no wonder Devs don't post (Read 3578 times)
Alpha
Ex Member

It's no wonder Devs don't post
Mar 29th, 2017 at 11:28am
Print Post  
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/484970-Is-Darkfire-just-fantastically-...

Steelstar posted on the SSG forums:

"Apologies to those upset by the change to Darkfire. It never should have shipped in the massively-overpowered form that went out with U35.

Our goal with this ability is to provide a low-SP-cost, low-cooldown damage dealing SLA that is good for low but rapid and reliable damage. (We are well aware that it's relatively high in the race tree and has a fair cost of investment before reaching it.)

To that goal, we may make further adjustments upward in the future.

In addition, we are still looking into changes that would allow Drow (and Deep Gnome) Spell Resistance to stack with other sources, boosting the overall usefulness of the race."

He goes out of his way to address and explain the changes to Darkfire after there were some complaints over night by disappointed players. A real post, taking into account how people feel and laying it out, Very classy.

And what does he get in response? a growing number of whiny abusive posts by players more interested in insulting him. Is it any wonder SSG is doing the majority of their testing in house these days? how can we expect them to include us in the conversation if all we do is whine about things being OP and abusing them when they change it? This game community is only as good as we want it to be. 

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Re: It's no wonder Devs don't post
Reply #1 - Mar 29th, 2017 at 11:50am
Print Post  
your post was so cringey I laughed

complaining about someone else's attitude is what you do when you're deflecting their criticism, ideas, and presence

instead of accessing the logic of a statement you open up an issue with the other person's character---even if it is a "polite" opener, it is often a character attack

How to be a dickhead 101

~food for thought~

Most simple example: any political smear campaign that focuses on the other teams character, rather than ideas.
« Last Edit: Mar 29th, 2017 at 11:52am by WonderfulFoppyBint »  

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

Sailias
Dragon Raider

Reply #2 - Mar 29th, 2017 at 1:08pm
Print Post  
The DDO community is contentious because they are passionate. Feedback of all kinds is better than no feedback at all.

monk changes 2016 for president

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #3 - Mar 29th, 2017 at 1:11pm
Print Post  
Sailias wrote on Mar 29th, 2017 at 1:08pm:
The DDO community is contentious because they are passionate. Feedback of all kinds is better than no feedback at all.

This.

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

spathic
Stocky Greenis

Taunting the stupid since
before you were born.

Reply #4 - Mar 29th, 2017 at 2:16pm
Print Post  

Instant asshole. Just add alcohol.

IP Logged

Tspoon
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Mar 29th, 2017 at 3:23pm
Print Post  
Quote:
This game community is only as good as we want it to be. 

And the devs can be as shit as they want to be?  Who was behind the wheel when Darkfire was boosted for U35?  Someone had to come up with the stats, type it up, it got coded, text for the tool tip, and text for the release notes and no one realized that it was powerful?  Ok fine, but then to nerf it into the ground and come to the forums saying "well maybe in the future we'll boost it up a bit" that's bullshit. 

If you took drow because darkfire worked in a good rotation for a particular build, that build is now fucked.  As I posted on the forums, they could have done a more moderate nerf first and a second nerf as needed and not fuck over the people who took drow because they fucking made darkfire good.  Steelstar can eat a bag of dicks

IP Logged

raybob
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Mar 29th, 2017 at 4:10pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Is it any wonder SSG is doing the majority of their testing in house these days?

They test?

IP Logged

no.
DQ Assaulter

Just no.

Reply #7 - Mar 29th, 2017 at 5:01pm
Print Post  
Tspoon wrote on Mar 29th, 2017 at 3:23pm:
And the devs can be as shit as they want to be?  Who was behind the wheel when Darkfire was boosted for U35?  Someone had to come up with the stats, type it up, it got coded, text for the tool tip, and text for the release notes and no one realized that it was powerful?  Ok fine, but then to nerf it into the ground and come to the forums saying "well maybe in the future we'll boost it up a bit" that's bullshit. 

If you took drow because darkfire worked in a good rotation for a particular build, that build is now fucked.  As I posted on the forums, they could have done a more moderate nerf first and a second nerf as needed and not fuck over the people who took drow because they fucking made darkfire good.  Steelstar can eat a bag of dicks

This. 

They got us to RTR into Drowning, then yanked the carpet out from under our feet. 

They knew. They passed it anyway.

But other broken shit can stick around for months, if not years, on end.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #8 - Mar 29th, 2017 at 5:39pm
Print Post  
Quote:
It never should have shipped in the massively-overpowered form that went out with U35.

Yet, it did. Answers any lingering doubts, in case you were still harboring a wild rebellious hope that SSG would be the slightest bit different from Turbine.

Quote:
This game community is only as good as we want it to be.

Totes. And we want it to reflect how well the devs are doing.

Quote:
In addition, we are still looking into changes that would allow Drow (and Deep Gnome) Spell Resistance to stack with other sources, boosting the overall usefulness of the race."

They nerfed Drow/Barb stacking?

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #9 - Mar 29th, 2017 at 6:33pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Mar 29th, 2017 at 5:39pm:
They nerfed Drow/Barb stacking?

It may stack with Barb MR but it doesn't stack with MR on equipment.

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #10 - Mar 29th, 2017 at 6:53pm
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Mar 29th, 2017 at 6:33pm:
It may stack with Barb MR but it doesn't stack with MR on equipment.

Okay. Was just checking. Thought the devs might have actually looked & discovered it actually does stack with something. Then nerfed it into the ground just because.

While they're at it, it would be stellar if they made Warlock & Monk SR into something other than window dressing, too. Or at least cleaned that shit up, so there's some logic or sense behind what stacks with what.

But w/e. We know they can barely single-task. It's kinda insane to ask for multi-tasking. Especially with SR, which affects what, a few spells & Umber Gaze?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Mar 29th, 2017 at 8:59pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Mar 29th, 2017 at 6:53pm:
few spells & Umber Gaze?

anything that doesnt do damage. all cc spells. 99% of neg level spells. pw stun. death spells. stat drain spells.
« Last Edit: Mar 29th, 2017 at 8:59pm by Rubbinns »  

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #12 - Mar 30th, 2017 at 12:18am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Mar 29th, 2017 at 8:59pm:
anything that doesnt do damage. all cc spells. 99% of neg level spells. pw stun. death spells. stat drain spells.

All the spells that attack QoL. SR is turning out to be more important than I thought.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Mar 30th, 2017 at 5:02am
Print Post  
Quote:
Is it any wonder SSG is doing the majority of their testing in house these days? how can we expect them to include us in the conversation if all [they do is throw stuff up on the "preview" server for 4-8 hours and then release it, reported bugs and all, page after page of feedback ignored]?

I believe that you have summarized the situation quite succinctly, [].  Well done!

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint