Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) DDO the best game I ever played (Read 32399 times)
karavek
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Re: DDO the best game I ever played
Reply #75 - Jun 2nd, 2017 at 4:52pm
Print Post  
Lhynn wrote on Jun 1st, 2017 at 9:16pm:
The pve is meh at best, the game is completely pvp focused and completely martial arts centric.
Its not a grindy game mind you, you level up by just time passing, and you unlock new skills and abilities by either running instances (7 times a week at most) or doing activities like minigames or fetch quests.
Days can go by without you actually fighting anything.
The combat system itself is very indepth too, its based on rock paper scissors, with defense, attack and guard skills  but in real time, it had a ton of depth, like you could play it for decades and keep getting better.

The community was toxic and full of drama, which was great. Everyone hated eachother, even allied people, or people within the same guild, and their hatred for someone else kept them together.
The game itself was fueling that drama, you had events with no pk restrictions or penalties and with actual rewards for surviving or killing your target, in a very limited amount of time, people went really insane there, killing even best friends in moments of weakness.

Miss the game a lot, but sadly it simply became p2w shit, and you had people spending anywhere from 2k to 50k a month to keep their characters in top shape. Paying others to play for them, etc. And the game actually encouraged this by allowing people to trade everything but making the currency only available at the cash shop.

Became! You do know even before the game went live it went into the records as having a single unique item bought for like 9 grand in a virtual pre- order auction right? Think it was some op sword or some shit but actually made international head lines due to that almost a full year before we it hit the live market.

IP Logged

Friendship
Korthos Resident

Love me! Please?

Re: DDO the best game I ever played
Reply #76 - Jun 6th, 2017 at 11:46am
Print Post  
karavek wrote on May 26th, 2017 at 2:27pm:
Winning? Fuck you buddy I have worked hard here on the vault to be a fuck mothering dick thank you very much.

And my oh my, how you have succeeded at your life's goal. It's all downhill from here honey.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 
Send TopicPrint