Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) DDO the best game I ever played (Read 32384 times)
Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Re: DDO the best game I ever played
Reply #25 - May 25th, 2017 at 10:52am
Print Post  
karavek wrote on May 25th, 2017 at 2:22am:
First off having an opinion is not something everyone is entitled to. That is exactly where the issue of entitlement in our modern age comes from.

Children for example have no business voicing their opinion unless asked for it. The same is true for any lacking meaningful experience enough to have a valid thought in their heads.

When I've shit to get done or need some help its not asking for advice and if they offer it unasked they get told to shut the fuck up and far less politely then that.

Second you are one ungrateful cunt. Here I am fucking around trying to put out some good fun time trash talk to help shake off the rust settling on the vault and you want to throw around terms like wall o text know its completely inaccurate then try to use a by degrees type argument like your fuckwit chai  from the mobo.

If your going to fucking waste time here. Read threads and fucking post. Then come on bring it both barrels and let's get some real shit flying.

Because your fucking boring me with your wah wah QQ I call people with differing views stupid fuckwits as if they didn't deserve it.

So come on you want to step into the shit then jump in and get dirty. Don't pussy foot the fuck around like some priss bitch afraid to get a stain on your new shoes.

Seriously I'm easily fucking amused. If you fail to do that you may as well go drink bleach and shower in gasoline while juggling torches one handed. At least then you'd do something mildly amusing.

Nice wall of text explaining your opinion.  People aren't allowed to have opinions?  So now you're the thought police?  Since not everybody is entitled to have an opinion, who gave you permission to have yours? 

The profanity and insults are a nice touch, too.  Does typing those make you feel like a badass?  As the quote goes, “When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.”

While we're at it, since your opinion of DDO's greatness or lack thereof was unsolicited, please take your own advice:
karavek wrote on May 25th, 2017 at 2:22am:
...if they offer it unasked they get told to shut the fuck up...

« Last Edit: May 25th, 2017 at 11:06am by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

SpaceGoat
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #26 - May 25th, 2017 at 11:05am
Print Post  
Dragonrealms who played? And who were you if you did

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #27 - May 25th, 2017 at 11:29am
Print Post  
I enjoy playing DDO.  It is not the best game ever, imo.  But it is my favorite MMO so far.  And the best approximation of the D&D experience in a multiplayer, persistent world format to date.

IP Logged

karavek
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #28 - May 25th, 2017 at 12:05pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on May 25th, 2017 at 10:52am:
Nice wall of text explaining your opinion.  People aren't allowed to have opinions?  So now you're the thought police?  Since not everybody is entitled to have an opinion, who gave you permission to have yours? 

The profanity and insults are a nice touch, too.  Does typing those make you feel like a badass?  As the quote goes, “When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.”

While we're at it, since your opinion of DDO's greatness or lack thereof was unsolicited, please take your own advice:

Debate? Sorry there is no debate when it comes to things like torment being likely the best d&d game ever made on the PC.

But that wasn't the source of annoyance that earned you that response its the QQing. I mean really what is wrong with you that you come to this nearly mythical hive of scum and villainy that is spoken of only indirectly on the mono as if it was voldemort and then act butthurt on behalf of the fuckwits.

Then again you have more then twice my vault post count and half the reputation stars so maybe that says more then your posts itself.

Not to mention fucking yeah I'm the thought police if I was fucking professor X I'd mind rape every fuckwit on earth into a vegetable and be ten thousand times the hero he ever was.

Then again you sound like a entitled little man baby who thinks freedoms are rights rather then privileges granted by those in power.

I'm trying to stir the coals here that's of course obvious. I do thank you for the hot air you are blowing though.

How are you at cock sucking? My bet that's how you got through school and make a living.

Seriously digimonk learn some wordfu your current style be laughably weak.

IP Logged

karavek
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #29 - May 25th, 2017 at 12:16pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on May 25th, 2017 at 11:29am:
I enjoy playing DDO.  It is not the best game ever, imo.  But it is my favorite MMO so far.  And the best approximation of the D&D experience in a multiplayer, persistent world format to date.

Uhm babe baldurs gate multi player is a true persistent world that evolves as you play the campaign. Nwn one and two and persistent servers I hear some are even out there still on the web to enjoy. And those where far better reflections of 3e on the PC.

DDO is an amusement park not a persistent world. It has rides you go on but in no way is impacted by your character.

Now city of heroes towards its end had devs working on some cool features like NPC appearing different to players based on their choices in story arcs.

So if you and I were talking g to a contact it was entirely possible you might see an NPC that for my character was dead and vice versa. They had begun to expand that to parts of the game world itself so for one a building might look burned out for another it could be a company for another it might be apartments all based on your characters actions made during their first time going through content.

That's the difference when devs make a game world big enough dozens of paths to reaching cap exist and don't expect your nor try to force you through a shitty mechanic like favor to rerun every bit of content with every character hundreds of times over and encourage alts rather then use a stupid system like TRing to create a hamster wheel

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #30 - May 25th, 2017 at 2:04pm
Print Post  
karavek wrote on May 25th, 2017 at 12:05pm:
Debate? Sorry there is no debate when it comes to things like torment being likely the best d&d game ever made on the PC.

But that wasn't the source of annoyance that earned you that response its the QQing. I mean really what is wrong with you that you come to this nearly mythical hive of scum and villainy that is spoken of only indirectly on the mono as if it was voldemort and then act butthurt on behalf of the fuckwits.

Then again you have more then twice my vault post count and half the reputation stars so maybe that says more then your posts itself.

Not to mention fucking yeah I'm the thought police if I was fucking professor X I'd mind rape every fuckwit on earth into a vegetable and be ten thousand times the hero he ever was.

Then again you sound like a entitled little man baby who thinks freedoms are rights rather then privileges granted by those in power.

I'm trying to stir the coals here that's of course obvious. I do thank you for the hot air you are blowing though.

How are you at cock sucking? My bet that's how you got through school and make a living.

Seriously digimonk learn some wordfu your current style be laughably weak.

Good grief.  Another wall of text.

That's a lot of words, profanity and insults for someone who's accusing the other person of getting worked and butthurt.  "The lady doth protest too much, methinks" (Shakespeare).

You have some serious narcissistic delusions of grandeur.  Good luck getting your comic book hero super powers though.  In the meantime, if the Vault has to rely on you to "stir the coals" and save it, we're all screwed.  Strake should just shut it down now.

Did you really just try to use rep stars on the Vault to support your point?  Hahahaha.  Hell, I didn't even know nor care that there was a rep system.  Now that I do, I still don't care.  I have no need to seek any sort of personal validation in an online forum, especially one like this.  You and KNN with that l337 Vault Cred...   Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: May 25th, 2017 at 2:10pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #31 - May 25th, 2017 at 2:43pm
Print Post  
karavek wrote on May 25th, 2017 at 12:16pm:
Uhm babe baldurs gate multi player is a true persistent world that evolves as you play the campaign. Nwn one and two and persistent servers I hear some are even out there still on the web to enjoy. And those where far better reflections of 3e on the PC.

DDO is an amusement park not a persistent world. It has rides you go on but in no way is impacted by your character.

Now city of heroes towards its end had devs working on some cool features like NPC appearing different to players based on their choices in story arcs.

So if you and I were talking g to a contact it was entirely possible you might see an NPC that for my character was dead and vice versa. They had begun to expand that to parts of the game world itself so for one a building might look burned out for another it could be a company for another it might be apartments all based on your characters actions made during their first time going through content.

That's the difference when devs make a game world big enough dozens of paths to reaching cap exist and don't expect your nor try to force you through a shitty mechanic like favor to rerun every bit of content with every character hundreds of times over and encourage alts rather then use a stupid system like TRing to create a hamster wheel

I love me some Baldur's Gate.  I'm still playing the new expansions and add ons from Beamdog.  But that's not a multiplayer/persistent world game like an MMO.  That's a stand alone game that allows multiplayer. 

I loved DDO from 2008-2009 when there was no TRing and the game was level to 16.  Raid at 16 and roll a new alt.  Level to 16. Add capped character to stable of raiders and roll a new alt.  Repeat...  But... I like the TRing angle too.  I think it has gotten a bit excessive, but whatever.  Just because you can heroic TR 72 times to get all the class and racial and iconic PL's doesn't mean you have to.  Most characters are at 95% of the same power level after about 10-20 PL's.

I never liked NWN.  It was OK.  But I think DDO is more fun.   

IP Logged

karavek
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #32 - May 25th, 2017 at 6:22pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on May 25th, 2017 at 2:04pm:
Good grief.  Another wall of text.

That's a lot of words, profanity and insults for someone who's accusing the other person of getting worked and butthurt.  "The lady doth protest too much, methinks" (Shakespeare).

You have some serious narcissistic delusions of grandeur.  Good luck getting your comic book hero super powers though.  In the meantime, if the Vault has to rely on you to "stir the coals" and save it, we're all screwed.  Strake should just shut it down now.

Did you really just try to use rep stars on the Vault to support your point?  Hahahaha.  Hell, I didn't even know nor care that there was a rep system.  Now that I do, I still don't care.  I have no need to seek any sort of personal validation in an online forum, especially one like this.  You and KNN with that l337 Vault Cred...   Roll Eyes

More QQ about my use of profanity. Fucking Christ on a pogocock what site do you think this is?

And seriously find a better complaint then wall of text before I throw an actual text wall at you that will make you wish for a brick wall to break your skull on.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #33 - May 25th, 2017 at 6:26pm
Print Post  
karavek wrote on May 25th, 2017 at 12:05pm:

Reputation stars. They might be easier to earn than you think.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

karavek
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #34 - May 25th, 2017 at 6:31pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on May 25th, 2017 at 2:43pm:
I love me some Baldur's Gate.  I'm still playing the new expansions and add ons from Beamdog.  But that's not a multiplayer/persistent world game like an MMO.  That's a stand alone game that allows multiplayer. 

I loved DDO from 2008-2009 when there was no TRing and the game was level to 16.  Raid at 16 and roll a new alt.  Level to 16. Add capped character to stable of raiders and roll a new alt.  Repeat...  But... I like the TRing angle too.  I think it has gotten a bit excessive, but whatever.  Just because you can heroic TR 72 times to get all the class and racial and iconic PL's doesn't mean you have to.  Most characters are at 95% of the same power level after about 10-20 PL's.

I never liked NWN.  It was OK.  But I think DDO is more fun.   

I don't disagree entirely I've some fond enough memories of the cap 10 12 and 14 eras. Alto g and deleting capped toons that hadn't lived up to the ideas they where built for.

But mmo are not often persistent worlds. Persistent world games actually evolve and change specifically because of player actions and still can have an end of story.

A great example is the classic steam punk RPG Arcanum from around 98. You can literally play it forever and never finish the main story if so desired but every thing you do and NPC you choose to kill can impact the world and by design even break the main quest so you can't beat it anymore.

And I can't grasp someone even thinking neverwinter nights is in anyway inferior to DDO. It is a far truer version of DND rules and just as easily allows interaction online with friends if you depend on others to make games fun for you.

To me a great game is equally as good solo as co op. Saints rows are a great example of that. Solo or co op they are fucking great fun.

IP Logged

Strake
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Evading a ban

Reply #35 - May 25th, 2017 at 8:29pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on May 25th, 2017 at 6:26pm:

Grin Grin

IP Logged

Lhynn
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #36 - May 25th, 2017 at 10:56pm
Print Post  
best game ive ever played is called Dating my daughter, 10/10, would wincest again.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #37 - May 25th, 2017 at 11:09pm
Print Post  
karavek wrote on May 25th, 2017 at 6:22pm:
More QQ about my use of profanity. Fucking Christ on a pogocock what site do you think this is?

And seriously find a better complaint then wall of text before I throw an actual text wall at you that will make you wish for a brick wall to break your skull on.

Hey, you finally used succinct statements to make your useless points!  Congrats.

Maybe next you can work on some big boy language and start dialing back the narcissism?  For the record, profanity in and of itself doesn't bother me in the slightest.  The juvenile, internet tough-guy manner in which you use it though, is quite laughable and just makes you look bad.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #38 - May 26th, 2017 at 2:45am
Print Post  
"DDO the best only game I've played."

FIYFYF

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #39 - May 26th, 2017 at 3:49am
Print Post  
Lhynn wrote on May 25th, 2017 at 10:56pm:
best game ive ever played is called Dating my daughter, 10/10, would wincest again.

Aren't you in enough trouble as it is, Donald?

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Lhynn
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #40 - May 26th, 2017 at 6:21am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on May 26th, 2017 at 3:49am:

He is doing just fine. You watch too much cnn if you believe he isnt.

IP Logged

Friendship
Korthos Resident

Love me! Please?

Reply #41 - May 26th, 2017 at 12:43pm
Print Post  
karavek wrote on May 24th, 2017 at 3:48pm:
I am so sorry for you man. You see I am firmly anti marriage and anti random breeding. The fact you also admit to have an inactive mind so lazy it doesn't constantly hunger for new experience makes me weep to think you have passed on such genetic material.

Please don't mistake no one wanted to marry you as being someone who has moved on from society as a whole and have evolved into a higher being.

Blame it instead on the real reasons: Your winning (cough) personality and that you look like Jabba the Hut.

IP Logged

karavek
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #42 - May 26th, 2017 at 2:23pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on May 25th, 2017 at 6:26pm:

Maybe but apparently not for digimonk Wink

IP Logged

karavek
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #43 - May 26th, 2017 at 2:27pm
Print Post  
Friendship wrote on May 26th, 2017 at 12:43pm:
Please don't mistake no one wanted to marry you as being someone who has moved on from society as a whole and have evolved into a higher being.

Blame it instead on the real reasons: Your winning (cough) personality and that you look like Jabba the Hut.

Winning? Fuck you buddy I have worked hard here on the vault to be a fuck mothering dick thank you very much.

And I usually get compared to Yoda in appearance which personally I take as a huge compliment

IP Logged

karavek
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #44 - May 26th, 2017 at 2:29pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on May 26th, 2017 at 3:49am:

You sir are a true gentleman and scholar and I'd buy you a round at the lobster if I ever logged in anymore.

IP Logged

karavek
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #45 - May 26th, 2017 at 2:33pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on May 25th, 2017 at 11:09pm:
Hey, you finally used succinct statements to make your useless points!  Congrats.

Maybe next you can work on some big boy language and start dialing back the narcissism?  For the record, profanity in and of itself doesn't bother me in the slightest.  The juvenile, internet tough-guy manner in which you use it though, is quite laughable and just makes you look bad.

Look babydick this is the vault the moment I stepped in here I knew what I was getting into. That means take no shit without giving it out tenfold and embrace the fucktastic.

But you are seriously starting to remind me of yamcha on dbz abridged and I'm tired of fucking your ass its way too loose for my monkey cock.

IP Logged

Lhynn
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #46 - May 26th, 2017 at 3:47pm
Print Post  
karavek wrote on May 26th, 2017 at 2:29pm:
You sir are a true gentleman and scholar and I'd buy you a round at the lobster if I ever logged in anymore.

Frank is notoriously retarded, not surprised you two get along.

IP Logged

karavek
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #47 - May 26th, 2017 at 7:07pm
Print Post  
Lhynn wrote on May 26th, 2017 at 3:47pm:
Frank is notoriously retarded, not surprised you two get along.

Oh my I think I'm in love. Your seem a fiesty spitfire. How about we meet up and I give you a hot Cosby.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #48 - May 26th, 2017 at 7:35pm
Print Post  
karavek wrote on May 26th, 2017 at 2:23pm:
Maybe but apparently not for digimonk

Oh bless your heart.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

karavek
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #49 - May 27th, 2017 at 12:00am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on May 26th, 2017 at 7:35pm:
Oh bless your heart.

What the fuck is a heart? I have a black hole that devours all that it draws near.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
Send TopicPrint