Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 26 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Purey Shuri (Read 133293 times)
Dickbutt
Titan Demolisher

Richard Butkus

Re: Purey Shuri
Reply #275 - Sep 1st, 2018 at 3:06pm
Print Post  
Last update, glass shards was changed to be the useless type of weapon DoT. It only does damage if you stop attacking for 2 seconds.
Unless there's 2 versions of the effect/weapon, a workaround, or I did something to break mine.
« Last Edit: Sep 1st, 2018 at 3:06pm by Dickbutt »  

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #276 - Sep 5th, 2018 at 3:10pm
Print Post  
Hmm. I was wondering if they made more things immune to it.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #277 - Sep 5th, 2018 at 8:26pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Sep 5th, 2018 at 3:10pm:
Hmm. I was wondering if they made more things immune to it.

Yes.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #278 - Nov 20th, 2018 at 10:46am
Print Post  
Why is Draconic Reinvigoration not recharging my LD damage boost? It works fine on my other action boosts.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

imanoob
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #279 - Nov 20th, 2018 at 1:48pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Nov 20th, 2018 at 10:46am:
Why is Draconic Reinvigoration not recharging my LD damage boost? It works fine on my other action boosts.

It didn't work properly on my fusillades either hmm.

As for the Glass Shards nerf:  Cry

Oh and the stealth Falconry assassinate "fix" too.  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: Nov 20th, 2018 at 1:50pm by imanoob »  

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #280 - Nov 21st, 2018 at 2:16am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Nov 20th, 2018 at 10:46am:

Had the same problem but it didn't seem to be recharging the racial power boost on my toon. 

A guildie tested a Reinvigoration on their thrower and said it worked for them. 

I couldn't bring myself to care enough to test it further since I was fairly pissed at wasting the phlogs for something that seems to be broken so that's all I know about it.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #281 - Nov 22nd, 2018 at 11:22am
Print Post  
Ok 5, I TRed this morning to try this build. But, I’m going aasimar. That way, if I dislike it, I can go back to melee monk after an ETR.

Speaking of, any leveling advice? You throwing stars from 2 on with shadow star?

Strake wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Gunga wrote on Oct 5th, 2022 at 2:27am:
Bitcoin. lul
--Who is luling in March 2025?
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #282 - Nov 22nd, 2018 at 11:40am
Print Post  
Skip shurikens till 20 imo

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #283 - Nov 23rd, 2018 at 12:29am
Print Post  
Head-Meat wrote on Nov 22nd, 2018 at 11:22am:
Ok 5, I TRed this morning to try this build. But, I’m going aasimar. That way, if I dislike it, I can go back to melee monk after an ETR.

Speaking of, any leveling advice? You throwing stars from 2 on with shadow star?

If you have access to consistent haste from an early level, and good twink stat gear, shuri's can be decent all the way through. But if you don't, wraps/ss is probably better

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #284 - Nov 23rd, 2018 at 12:34am
Print Post  
If I was going to come back, and I've been gone since a couple months after Ravenloft came out. is 14/6 Shuri still viable? Or has something broken to change that?

Also any decent Wisdom based shuri builds yet? I figured with Mass Frog and Wisdom Assassinate from Falcon there might be a decent one by now doing a lot of instakilling

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #285 - Nov 23rd, 2018 at 8:05am
Print Post  
I think I'll split the difference and just solve the "problem" with an ottos.. Smiley

Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #286 - Nov 23rd, 2018 at 10:58am
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Nov 23rd, 2018 at 12:34am:
If I was going to come back, and I've been gone since a couple months after Ravenloft came out. is 14/6 Shuri still viable? Or has something broken to change that?

Also any decent Wisdom based shuri builds yet? I figured with Mass Frog and Wisdom Assassinate from Falcon there might be a decent one by now doing a lot of instakilling

The t5 was killing orange names so Morkass (the guy posting r10 solos on the mobos) was using the bird tree to kill whisps in their r10 baba.

AFAIK that was the only build (in epics) that I ran into.

They fucked up the t5 a couple times now though... ....am not sure if its fixed yet. Someone else will have to chime in.

Come back dude!

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

Dickbutt
Titan Demolisher

Richard Butkus

Reply #287 - Nov 23rd, 2018 at 11:41am
Print Post  
Speaking of the Death from Above/Assassinate changes, Shadowdancer seems to be worthwhile in quests with large amounts of sneak attack immunity. The type changes carried over to Executioner's Shot, which has a DEX-based DC and hits everything in the shuiken's path. The capstone is useful if there's no rogue to strip sneak attack immunity and the extra 5% damage for the whole party is icing on the cake Unfortunately, the epic moment sucks balls.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #288 - Nov 23rd, 2018 at 1:32pm
Print Post  
So leveling these things is brutal.

The dpS is like 3rd tier. I’m pure monk lvl 18 at the moment. I was running vale 1 skulls. I do more damage with wraps and no stuns with NO twf feats. The only exception is during 10k Stars. I’m tier 5 ninja dex build throwing a GS lit2 shuri. Also have wis to hit and damage from falcon.

How and when does this change? I assume more DEx and double shot makes a big dif. But that’s incremental all the way up. What else am I missing besides that and gear and whirling wrists? Give me light at the end of the tunnel plox.
« Last Edit: Nov 23rd, 2018 at 1:37pm by Head-Meat »  

Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #289 - Nov 23rd, 2018 at 1:43pm
Print Post  
Head-Meat wrote on Nov 22nd, 2018 at 11:22am:

I'd start chucking at level 3, assuming you can twink it. Quiver of Alacrity, Nicked Kama, Frozen Tunic at 4, deception accessory asap, etc.

harharharhar wrote on Nov 23rd, 2018 at 12:34am:
Also any decent Wisdom based shuri builds yet?

Maybe someday you'll be able to get 100 dex as a secondary stat.

Head-Meat wrote on Nov 23rd, 2018 at 8:05am:
I think I'll split the difference and just solve the "problem" with an ottos..

Oh, that works too.

Dickbutt wrote on Nov 23rd, 2018 at 11:41am:
Speaking of the Death from Above/Assassinate changes, Shadowdancer seems to be worthwhile in quests with large amounts of sneak attack immunity. The type changes carried over to Executioner's Shot, which has a DEX-based DC and hits everything in the shuiken's path. The capstone is useful if there's no rogue to strip sneak attack immunity and the extra 5% damage for the whole party is icing on the cake Unfortunately, the epic moment sucks balls.

Yeah, I've gone on at length about that. That's why the old version was in SD by default. You only want to be in LD by default if you have Perfect Pinnacle active and are juicing the helpless damage. Still better to go back to SD if you would be missing out on sneak attack without it.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #290 - Nov 23rd, 2018 at 1:58pm
Print Post  
Head-Meat wrote on Nov 23rd, 2018 at 1:32pm:
The dpS is like 3rd tier. I’m pure monk lvl 18 at the moment. I was running vale 1 skulls. I do more damage with wraps and no stuns with NO twf feats. The only exception is during 10k Stars. I’m tier 5 ninja dex build throwing a GS lit2 shuri. Also have wis to hit and damage from falcon.

How and when does this change? I assume more DEx and double shot makes a big dif. But that’s incremental all the way up. What else am I missing besides that and gear and whirling wrists? Give me light at the end of the tunnel plox.

Are you in sneak attack range? Do you have Improved Deception slotted? I always favored Snowstar at that level. What elemental stance are you running? What's your dex? Other holes in your gear? Ravenloft gear is often BiS for 10-20. Is the problem not being able to do the content or just being outkilled by conelocks and newly buffed melees?

Anyway, just get to 20. EDs and filigrees will help.
« Last Edit: Nov 23rd, 2018 at 2:11pm by 5 Foot Step »  

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #291 - Nov 23rd, 2018 at 2:39pm
Print Post  
It is super important in heroics to be in water stance and have 8 AP in Henshin Contemplation so that you have 2 passive ki regen to maximize your 10k uptime.

Once you hit level 20 you can twist Enlightenment, and drop one of the others,...or if you use a lot of ki on Abundant Step and such then you may want to have all three.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #292 - Nov 26th, 2018 at 11:09am
Print Post  
I couldn’t do it.

I tried the thrower again. I did. I tried with SD destiny. I tried with LD destiny.

I LRed into melee wis dc monk. The dps I was getting was just not good enough. Period.

I’m guessing there are a few problems I have.

1. Gear. Mind you, I was only lvl 23. I was using GS thrower, or cormyrian (sp) or the ml 10 RL thrower. My dmg was lame.

2. Skill. I am probably weaker at maintaining helpless. For example, I forget to blind mobs with falcon a lot.

3. I was only 23.

BUT, I swap over to melee monk, and my dps, kills, and fun increased immediately. That’s all I can tell you. No doubt I would have gotten better with gear and levels as a thrower, but I will as a melee too!

Meanwhile, I have cc and instakills now that are better imo. AND my base dps is better.

I’m sure it’s me, but I can’t handle the thrower at this time. Maybe I’ll gear up, and etr later and try again.

Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

bob the builder
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #293 - Nov 26th, 2018 at 12:36pm
Print Post  
This build doesn't shine until about level 29.  It is going to suck at level 23.

It's an end-game build requiring end-game loot.

I levelled to 29 as melee and used an LR to change what I needed to get to thrower build.

IT is a fucking beast at level 29 and 30.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #294 - Nov 26th, 2018 at 2:37pm
Print Post  
bob the builder wrote on Nov 26th, 2018 at 12:36pm:
This build doesn't shine until about level 29.  It is going to suck at level 23.

It's an end-game build requiring end-game loot.

I levelled to 29 as melee and used an LR to change what I needed to get to thrower build.

IT is a fucking beast at level 29 and 30.

This is probably what I SHOULD have done.

Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #295 - Nov 26th, 2018 at 4:54pm
Print Post  
Thrower should own everyone else (for the last 3 years I played) from about level 15 onwards. You're doing something wrong if you aren't.

I do not believe enough has changed to make that not true again. Maximizing IPS is a big part of it, as is SA damage and Ki regen.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #296 - Nov 26th, 2018 at 5:35pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Nov 26th, 2018 at 4:54pm:
Thrower should own everyone else (for the last 3 years I played) from about level 15 onwards. You're doing something wrong if you aren't.

I do not believe enough has changed to make that not true again. Maximizing IPS is a big part of it, as is SA damage and Ki regen.

I mean.. I wasn't MAXING sneak from gear. I was using backstab gloves, deception and imp deception. Plus I had deception on my offhand kama. Not sure that helps.. All the ninja ENH, AND I ran in SD. I saw sneak damage on mobs and the ship dummy, etc.

The main problem for me was the rate of fire. Even hasted with whirling wrists twisted, it was just meh. 10k was good damage but not amazing. In LD with a full blitz, 10k, and haste boost, the damage was above average, but it still wasn't amazing.

Then I switch to melee monk and magically my base dps is probably just as good as my best 10k stars dmg.

So, if I'm missing something, please share. My dex wasn't amazing. But, I have a 4 or 5 tome, completionist, I took all the enhs, full levels, ship, I think a 7 dex item and and a 3 exceptional at that level. So, I mean, I know it would get a lot higher later, but I should have seen something decent, right?

Ki regen? I had all three (ocean stance, contemplation from HM, and the twist from GMOF). I switched to wind stance at times when I didn't need more ki. It wasn't a lot better than ocean + haste.

What else obvious might I be missing? Maybe it's something super obvious. I was spamming falcon attacks pretty regularly. But, I forgot the mass blind one at times.

I definitely utilized IPS as much as practical. I mean, I'm sure I could have been more optimal with it. But, I definitely was trying regularly to hit multiple mobs, lining them up and kiting backward to hit the whole line, etc.

It seemed like it was mainly a rate of fire issue for me or maybe a crappy thrower? I used Lit II, Ash II, Some sonic cormyrian one, and the ML 10 one from Ravenloft which is pretty good. 
« Last Edit: Nov 26th, 2018 at 5:41pm by Head-Meat »  

Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #297 - Nov 26th, 2018 at 7:32pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Nov 26th, 2018 at 4:54pm:
I do not believe enough has changed to make that not true again.

Reaper +Ravenloft gearflation and powercreep changed everything.

** edited to include the RL and powercreep qualifier
« Last Edit: Nov 27th, 2018 at 12:17am by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #298 - Nov 26th, 2018 at 8:44pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Nov 26th, 2018 at 7:32pm:
Reaper changed everything.

I played for a long time with Reaper. Shuri attack speed with level drains and Sov Vorp was a joke in reaper

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #299 - Nov 26th, 2018 at 8:46pm
Print Post  
Head-Meat wrote on Nov 26th, 2018 at 5:35pm:
I mean.. I wasn't MAXING sneak from gear. I was using backstab gloves, deception and imp deception. Plus I had deception on my offhand kama. Not sure that helps.. All the ninja ENH, AND I ran in SD. I saw sneak damage on mobs and the ship dummy, etc.

The main problem for me was the rate of fire. Even hasted with whirling wrists twisted, it was just meh. 10k was good damage but not amazing. In LD with a full blitz, 10k, and haste boost, the damage was above average, but it still wasn't amazing.

Then I switch to melee monk and magically my base dps is probably just as good as my best 10k stars dmg.

So, if I'm missing something, please share. My dex wasn't amazing. But, I have a 4 or 5 tome, completionist, I took all the enhs, full levels, ship, I think a 7 dex item and and a 3 exceptional at that level. So, I mean, I know it would get a lot higher later, but I should have seen something decent, right?

Ki regen? I had all three (ocean stance, contemplation from HM, and the twist from GMOF). I switched to wind stance at times when I didn't need more ki. It wasn't a lot better than ocean + haste.

What else obvious might I be missing? Maybe it's something super obvious. I was spamming falcon attacks pretty regularly. But, I forgot the mass blind one at times.

I definitely utilized IPS as much as practical. I mean, I'm sure I could have been more optimal with it. But, I definitely was trying regularly to hit multiple mobs, lining them up and kiting backward to hit the whole line, etc.

It seemed like it was mainly a rate of fire issue for me or maybe a crappy thrower? I used Lit II, Ash II, Some sonic cormyrian one, and the ML 10 one from Ravenloft which is pretty good. 

Then they must have massively boosted melee damage somehow

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 26
Send TopicPrint