Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Purey Shuri (Read 132203 times)
5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Re: Purey Shuri
Reply #625 - Feb 15th, 2022 at 1:27pm
Print Post  
Standing Stone Games wrote on Feb 14th, 2022 at 5:47pm:
How about the Perfected version?

BTW...the Legendary (and Perfected) version says it's an Insight bonus to sneak attack dice. Are you sure you're not getting an Insight bonus to the number of Sneak Attack dice from somewhere else?

If it were a stacking issue, it would have showed up in the effects log.

Rubbinns wrote on Feb 14th, 2022 at 6:42pm:
Yes, sir.

Do you know if anyone has tried using multiple SA dice set bonuses?
« Last Edit: Feb 15th, 2022 at 1:31pm by 5 Foot Step »  

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Linker
Dragon Raider

It's all the same

Reply #626 - Feb 15th, 2022 at 5:21pm
Print Post  
Bonus is irrelevant

Build is dead

Page 26 is dedicated to love letters to me and other people who are trying to exploit and minmax to keep nukers alive in DMS, mostly just me

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #627 - Feb 24th, 2022 at 12:55pm
Print Post  
Dark Imbuement dodged the nerf bat, boyz. 60k bane proc is still on the menu. Cut the Strings now has an ICD of one second. Which is worse for melee like twf and swf than it is for throwers that sit at 76 animations per minute on auto attack. Still a nerf just not as bad for thrower.

Highest bane proc I managed to record was at 50k. The math says highest possible on the set up in carpone's guide is 35 x 6 = 210. 420 rp, and 1k force power. 5.2 x 11 57.2 multiplier. 210 x 57.2 = 12012. 12012 x 5 stars = 60060.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Linker
Dragon Raider

It's all the same

Reply #628 - Feb 24th, 2022 at 5:21pm
Print Post  
DPS lower than a wolf
Sustainability lower than a nuker
Less CC than a barb
This isn't in the "master of none" issue ballpark, this is barely jack of a trade
Fun to play, sure
Meta, no way. Dark Imbue bumps it up to t3 on a good day, and past says they'll nerf it

Build is dead, blame SSG, I'm just the mortician here

This page is now dedicated to sucking my dick for the t2 nuker build that can out-DPS this ( it exists, and it also beats this build in any other factor, except saves and AC because nobody cares ).

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #629 - Feb 24th, 2022 at 5:57pm
Print Post  
Linker wrote on Feb 24th, 2022 at 5:21pm:
This page is now dedicated to sucking my dick for the t2 nuker build that can out-DPS this ( it exists, and it also beats this build in any other factor, except saves and AC because nobody cares ).

So were you thinking deep-throat or just around the head?

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #630 - Feb 24th, 2022 at 9:10pm
Print Post  
out-DPS this

A race to 500k? Thrower beats casters. It beats most melees, too. Boasts one of if not the best kobold times.

Over time dps? Out does most melee because it does not depend on haste boosts. It can 10k forever. And every minute of forever. let's give you 21 haste boosts. 7 minutes of burst. Then they have to dig out draconic reinvig and pray to proc one every 90 seconds. Out does casters. Casters need an infinite supply of sp potions just to compete.

For quests casters are top right now. For long raids shuri is hard to beat over time. Easily in the top tier of dps builds.

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Linker
Dragon Raider

It's all the same

Reply #631 - Feb 25th, 2022 at 6:52am
Print Post  
You wanna race to 500k with a wolf or a caster? If it's a wolf, then I'm tag teaming with Noam. He has 2,500 ping on a good day, to make it fair. I have no idea how you think melee can't beat 10k without haste[1][2]. Maybe if you have ping spikes like our boy.

If it's a caster then sure, it's close; Certain builds are better at burst than others, and some abilities dont work that well on the kobold, but I think I have you beat at these numbers, even with dark imbue.

SP isn't an issue in raids. Call me goldman sachs, I'm getting the most out of every point squeeze baby, never had issues, and I have too many pots for the day I'll have one.

That's not what you want to talk about though. The issue is even if I am being a cocky dipshit and you have me beat by 10%, I have CC and DC casting, my PRR/MRR is probably higher in heavy, and I can selfheal in reapers. The best your guy has to offer is the aesthetic of a nice number next to where it says AC, and maybe evasion.

And that's prenerf

Noam send me a PM with what you have going, I'll help you figure out the rest.

[1]: Melee tank hybrid (unoptimized for DPS) soloing a raid with wayyy over 10k sustained DPS wayyyy back https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1j7wNvqfK8

[2]: Melee DPS paladin ( much less than a wolf ) with over 20k sustained DPS; but wait, it's in med-high reaper.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGSLfhZ_ZzI&t=125s

« Last Edit: Feb 25th, 2022 at 7:11am by Linker »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #632 - Feb 25th, 2022 at 8:30am
Print Post  
Linker wrote on Feb 25th, 2022 at 6:52am:
I have no idea how you think melee can't beat 10k without haste

Shuri tops out at about 13 seconds on the kobold using just 10k + dark imbue only. Around 38k+ dps, or around 80k+ in a 30 second span of 10k + di twice and no other boosts. Most melees are not doing that without haste. Some do not do that with haste. 

Melee eventually reaches a state where they would have to use a weapon without a filigree or raid dice and hope that it procs in as few seconds as possible to regenerate a haste boost. Basically putting itself on a 90+ second cooldown per haste charge. That 90 second cooldown on reinvigoration doesn't include the downtime of using a shit weapon for how ever many seconds.

Shuri uptime VS haste uptime :

1 min 2 hastes used
2min 2h used
3min 2h
4m 2h
5m 2h
6m 2h
7m 2h 4 minutes and 40 seconds of haste boost uptime
shuri has 3.5 minutes up
8m 2h
9m 2h
10 2h
10:30 1h = 7 minutes of haste boosts used for melee
11m end of 1st regenerated haste boost from reinvig

1 proc 90 seconds icd for haste regen. Plus add in the average time of using a weapon without filigree or raid dice which is not included.

12 :30 2nd haste regen
14 3rd haste regen 8 mins uptime
14m shuri 7 mins burst uptime

the next 14 minutes... shuri 14 mins of uptime. Haste boost 11 minutes uptime.
the next next 14 minutes? 21 mins vs 14. 28 vs 17 at the one hour mark. And that is if, and only IF you can force the reinvigoration proc to trigger every second that it gets swapped to. Which is impossible.

Shuri never reaches a point without main weapon + 10k and DI. Melee wins out when neither are using their main burst engine. The longer a raid goes without a shrine the more shuri catches up. Overall combined with its top tier innate burst, it does top tier damage. It will never replace a melee in a raid, but it will do better than most melees.

Top end time for fully bursting should see shuri at under 4 seconds. Or 128k+ dps for 3.9 seconds or less. Melee isn't doing that at all. Post nerf it will still remain as one of the best ranged builds and ranged is needed in some raids.

[1]: Melee tank hybrid (unoptimized for DPS) soloing a raid with wayyy over 10k sustained DPS wayyyy back https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1j7wNvqfK8

Sym using chopping isn't a good comparison.

[2]: Melee DPS paladin ( much less than a wolf ) with over 20k sustained DPS; but wait, it's in med-high reaper.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGSLfhZ_ZzI&t=125s

That same guy has a bunch of r10 solos using an aasimar shuri for self heals that are very recent.

That's not what you want to talk about though. The issue is even if I am being a cocky dipshit and you have me beat by 10%, I have CC and DC casting, my PRR/MRR is probably higher in heavy, and I can selfheal in reapers. The best your guy has to offer is the aesthetic of a nice number next to where it says AC, and maybe evasion.

This is all true. nerf casters

IP Logged

Linker
Dragon Raider

It's all the same

Reply #633 - Feb 25th, 2022 at 9:28am
Print Post  
These are old videos RubRub.

Wolfs leave dust passing 50k DPS sustained, the only way 30k is competitive with barbs is if the "S" in DPS stands for swing.

Other part of it is how there's very little content in the game where you need to do 1 hour of straight DPS. There's usually shrines, breaks, puzzles or w/e. THTH, Dryad, KT, etc.

I'm not too happy to pull the plug on this one, but this just a'int it chief. I've played it optimized, I've seen others do the same, you aren't having any kind of impact. Maybe if they gave you 1 hour to DPS down a 1B HP kobold who doesn't do anything with no break, this guy a'int terrible - but until then, you're putting in a lot of effort into a half trick pony at best.

Also if they push casters down I'm going to snitch about their pay software tax issues

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #634 - Feb 25th, 2022 at 9:45am
Print Post  
Linker wrote on Feb 25th, 2022 at 9:28am:
Wolfs leave dust passing 50k DPS sustained

You aren't doing 10 seconds on a wolf without haste boost. With a haste boost and unbridled you can crack 5 seconds. Maybe.
« Last Edit: Feb 25th, 2022 at 9:46am by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #635 - Feb 25th, 2022 at 1:25pm
Print Post  
DPS lower than a wolf
Sustainability lower than a nuker
Less CC than a barb
This isn't in the "master of none" issue ballpark, this is barely jack of a trade
Fun to play, sure
Meta, no way. Dark Imbue bumps it up to t3 on a good day, and past says they'll nerf it

Build is dead, blame SSG, I'm just the mortician here

Please continue telling everyone and their mother to nerf your builds and not mine. Thanks.   Wink
« Last Edit: Feb 25th, 2022 at 1:26pm by 5 Foot Step »  

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #636 - Feb 25th, 2022 at 7:10pm
Print Post  
Devs stealth fixed Dark Imbue today.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #637 - Feb 25th, 2022 at 8:59pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Feb 25th, 2022 at 7:10pm:

Oh snap.

Guess I'm glad I just went caster and didn't try it, then.

Strake wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Gunga wrote on Oct 5th, 2022 at 2:27am:
Bitcoin. lul
--Who is luling in March 2025?
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Standing Stone Games
Abbot Raider

I Love DDO & LotRO!

Reply #638 - Feb 25th, 2022 at 11:10pm
Print Post  

Someone said there's also saving throw for it now. Is that right?
« Last Edit: Feb 25th, 2022 at 11:11pm by Standing Stone Games »  

We invite you to explore our games, which hold the promise of depth, scope, and unlimited imagination!

Our phone # is (858) 239-0663. We enjoy hearing from our fans!
IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #639 - Feb 26th, 2022 at 10:01am
Print Post  

I noticed the numbers were off last night. Did they change it to match the description?

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Linker
Dragon Raider

It's all the same

Reply #640 - Feb 26th, 2022 at 12:02pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Feb 25th, 2022 at 1:25pm:
Please continue telling everyone and their mother to nerf your builds and not mine. Thanks.   Wink

I love you 5FS, that's just your karma.
No worries bro, my casters were quad dipped on the nerfs in U50 or so.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #641 - Feb 26th, 2022 at 12:37pm
Print Post  
Standing Stone Games wrote on Feb 25th, 2022 at 11:10pm:
Someone said there's also saving throw for it now. Is that right?

No save. The save is the built in assassinate DC to proc a -5 prr/mrr debuff on the target for 5 minutes.

The devs did add another stealth feature onto dark imbue a few updates ago. It needs to hit something. Before it was just a toggle that flagged your character for 10 seconds of bane procs, but did not need to make a to-hit roll. Now it has a to-hit roll and only scales with one source of multiplier.

5 Foot Step wrote on Feb 26th, 2022 at 10:01am:
I noticed the numbers were off last night. Did they change it to match the description?

yep. now only scales off force power or rp/mp.

IP Logged

Shunned
DQ Assaulter

Hi! You have multiple
personality disorder.

Reply #642 - Feb 26th, 2022 at 1:22pm
Print Post  
Did we talk too much?  Is/was that the problem?  If you find something working so well, you gotta not tell anyone, not even your best mate?

Sharing is caring.  But everyone has big cocksucking lips.  Everything gets around/ 

Its just a fucking game, and I and I'm sure you want to show off.  What fun is not telling anyone something cool we've found.

IDK.  I swear they SSG break these type of thngs intentionally and just watch from above as we rats scurry and whisper.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #643 - Feb 27th, 2022 at 10:58am
Print Post  
Shunned wrote on Feb 26th, 2022 at 1:22pm:
Did we talk too much?  Is/was that the problem?

They used to have some competent builders on Mournlands and then Player Council that warned them of this stuff, usually in advance, but that's old knowledge. These days they may farm here for info. If I find something nice when tinkering I just use it quietly until the day it runs out. Sharing is nerfing.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #644 - Feb 27th, 2022 at 12:40pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Feb 26th, 2022 at 12:37pm:
yep. now only scales off force power or rp/mp.

The numbers aren't coming out right for either force or RP.

Noticed some talk on discord. Lich saying they changed it to ranged DI just using RP now, melee DI just using MP, spell DI just using spellpower. After some discussion Lich then says they are going to change it in the future so you get to pick what DI scales with and decouple the tier 4 selections so ranged isn't hosed.
« Last Edit: Feb 27th, 2022 at 12:41pm by 5 Foot Step »  

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #645 - Apr 18th, 2022 at 12:01pm
Print Post  
Speculative post nerf thrower gear rework.

Perfected Vulkoorim Pendant
L Crocodile Tooth
L Marshreed Cloak
L Snakeskin Belt
L Ethereal Ring
L Spectral Gloves
L Crocodile Skin Boots
Bound Elemental Acid Ring
L Tharnes Bracers
L Red Dragonscale Robe
L Tharnes Goggles
Mythic Minos Legens
Complete Thunderforged Offhand (35% Armor Piercing/Draconic Reinvigorate)
E Dynamistic Quiver

Saltmarsh set + Tharnes set + Vulkoor's chosen set. Lots of augments.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 
Send TopicPrint