Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Quote of the week (Read 7299 times)
Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Quote of the week
Jul 11th, 2017 at 11:59am
Print Post  
Quote:
I hope they do nerf warlocks.  I'm sick of these guys running around thinking they're uber because they can wear armor and click two buttons.

A frustrated guildie in chat.

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Jelly_Muffin
Stormreaver Piker

Just say fuckoff!

Re: Quote of the week
Reply #1 - Jul 11th, 2017 at 12:41pm
Print Post  
much as I'm neither here nor there over warlocks, I do think anyone that has a problem with them in a --> PVE <-- game, are fucking stupid people ......

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #2 - Jul 11th, 2017 at 1:20pm
Print Post  
Jelly_Muffin wrote on Jul 11th, 2017 at 12:41pm:
much as I'm neither here nor there over warlocks, I do think anyone that has a problem with them in a --> PVE <-- game, are fucking stupid people ......

word!

IP Logged

knockcocker
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Jul 11th, 2017 at 4:42pm
Print Post  

It's easier to think the reason someone else is much better than you is because of
their OP build.  Half the comments in the forums show that people haven't got a
fucking clue and are just repeating what they've heard someone else say.

Either that or, more irritatingly IMO as it's subversive to the hard of thinking, you get
posters like BigErkyTwat "just askin' questions"...

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #4 - Jul 11th, 2017 at 4:56pm
Print Post  
I dont even play ddo anymore but i like to post in every wlock related thread Nerf wlock xD

Idk why, but people take that to personal and i love the rage and useless talk that continues after that

IP Logged

raybob
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Jul 11th, 2017 at 5:04pm
Print Post  
I kinda like warlocks.  My gimp ass usually just follows in their wake for easy xp.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #6 - Jul 11th, 2017 at 5:20pm
Print Post  
What makes him think they push buttons?

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Jul 11th, 2017 at 5:22pm
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Jul 11th, 2017 at 4:56pm:
I dont even play ddo anymore but i like to post in every wlock related thread Nerf wlock xD

Idk why, but people take that to personal and i love the rage and useless talk that continues after that

sad state the game is in currently. 500 hit points at lv 5. 4k hp wizards at cap. reapers in every dungeon, on every plane, in every setting. they DESTROYED any immersion they had by doing that. that kind of dipshit planning shows people how little they planned. who the fuck thought that putting wraiths in every single quest in the game makes sense? "Oh, it's a reaper invasion, bro. they're ignoring every mob in the quest, even teaming up with them, for reasons yet unknown..."  how fucking corny are you?????  same thing with champions. "they drop remnants, bro, because reasons".....

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #8 - Jul 11th, 2017 at 5:30pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jul 11th, 2017 at 5:22pm:
reapers in every dungeon, on every plane, in every setting. they DESTROYED any immersion they had by doing that. that kind of dipshit planning shows people how little they planned. who the fuck thought that putting wraiths in every single quest in the game makes sense?

And no reaperbane in sight. Can't wait for more reapers in Reaperloft. Racial reapers. Reaper resistance. Reapercrafting. Reaper reapers.

IP Logged

Jeff_Stryker
Waterworks Kobold

Zero

Reply #9 - Jul 12th, 2017 at 6:03am
Print Post  
sad state the game is in currently. 500 hit points at lv 5. 4k hp wizards at cap. reapers in every dungeon, on every plane, in every setting. they DESTROYED any immersion they had by doing that. that kind of dipshit planning shows people how little they planned. who the fuck thought that putting wraiths in every single quest in the game makes sense? "Oh, it's a reaper invasion, bro. they're ignoring every mob in the quest, even teaming up with them, for reasons yet unknown..."  how fucking corny are you?????  same thing with champions. "they drop remnants, bro, because reasons".....

It kind reminds me of how I taught myself C about 20 years ago - by downloading ROM Mud
code and modifying it.  I didn't understand the mechanics of it too well but was able to
hack in new skills, spells, areas and mobs etc.  This is DDO development today.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #10 - Jul 12th, 2017 at 8:27am
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Jul 11th, 2017 at 11:59am:
Quote:
I hope they do nerf warlocks.  I'm sick of these guys running around thinking they're uber because they can wear armor and click two buttons.

A frustrated guildie in chat.

You should tell your guildie to go play Neverwinter... : 4 button smashing in cycle. ( it's harder than 2 )

But otherwise, initially the learning curve was huge ( and deadly ) in DDO...

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #11 - Jul 12th, 2017 at 8:52am
Print Post  
Jeff_Stryker wrote on Jul 12th, 2017 at 6:03am:
It kind reminds me of how I taught myself C about 20 years ago - by downloading ROM Mud
code and modifying it.  I didn't understand the mechanics of it too well but was able to
hack in new skills, spells, areas and mobs etc.  This is DDO development today.

I think the flaw in your logic is assuming these people want to learn anything. I mean for fuck monkeys sake, when you are a rock star and already know it all, what left is there to learn?

Fuck Off, That is all
Strakeln wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 9:17pm:
WC can do whatever he wants.

[] wrote on Feb 6th, 2017 at 11:26pm:
Public Service Announcement: your servers are not dead; if you can't find groups, it means you suck and/or nobody likes you.

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #12 - Jul 12th, 2017 at 11:57am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Jul 12th, 2017 at 8:27am:
You should tell your guildie to go play Neverwinter... : 4 button smashing in cycle. ( it's harder than 2 )

But otherwise, initially the learning curve was huge ( and deadly ) in DDO...

Neverwinter lost my attention after 2 weeks. The endless cycle of fixed options and waiting for cooldowns was just fucking agony.

When you can't jump, swim or manipulate objects, an "RPG" game gets old really fast.

And the "traps" such as they were made Tomb of the Unhallowed look like a fucking meat-grinder by comparison.

DDO... I had to abandon my first rolled toon (now my main-alt) for almost a year until I figured out how to salvage his build.

Because *I* was the new player who used the pre-set paths and was completely screwed by the devs cluelessness on how their own game worked live.

So if Warlock gets a few newbs into quests contributing and having a good time...

That's one more person paying to keep the lights on.

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Jul 12th, 2017 at 12:05pm
Print Post  
I think what makes me roll my eyes on this more than anything else is not that most people give a flaming shit about Warlock, OP or otherwise, but that whatever particular build/ mini-max, or optimax bullshit build they've championed takes WAY more effort to get half as much success...

tuff titties you whiny weenies  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #14 - Jul 12th, 2017 at 5:56pm
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Jul 11th, 2017 at 4:56pm:

Tilomere is doing just that right now..

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/488001-Cut-warlocks-in-half

Quote:
Cut every single ability a warlock has in half.

Oh, and you might want to revisit that reaper self healing penalty on fvs, bards, clerics, and druids. The 1 fvs left on the server would appreciate it.

Need I say more?

And yes, I say this playing a warlock.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #15 - Jul 12th, 2017 at 7:33pm
Print Post  

You have to remember: the one thing hardcore gamers hate more than having fun is watching someone else have MORE fun than them.

I had the exact same problem in pen and paper DnD, I decided to play a sorcerer while everyone else was running melee builds. It was hilarious watching everyone else in the group slowly become a total rules nazi as soon as I leveled enough to actually start doing things.

When you play the numbers game, nobody likes to see someone with bigger numbers.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Jul 12th, 2017 at 8:54pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jul 12th, 2017 at 5:56pm:

from release notes

Quote:
The party scaling curve for Warlocks has been adjusted to better reflect their contribution strength.

Cheesy

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #17 - Jul 13th, 2017 at 12:24am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jul 12th, 2017 at 8:54pm:
from release notes

Quote:
The party scaling curve for Warlocks has been adjusted to better reflect their contribution strength.

It's OK. I'll let the warlocks in the party deal with it while I pike like a pro )))

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - Jul 16th, 2017 at 7:07am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Jul 11th, 2017 at 5:30pm:
And no reaperbane in sight. Can't wait for more reapers in Reaperloft. Racial reapers. Reaper resistance. Reapercrafting. Reaper reapers.

Hey now!  Lawful outsider Bane or Evil Outsider Bane is reaper bane!

Who Cares wrote on Jul 12th, 2017 at 8:52am:
I think the flaw in your logic is assuming these people want to learn anything. I mean for fuck monkeys sake, when you are a rock star and already know it all, what left is there to learn?

Rock stars don't bother with the numbers, they can balance a game on intuition and tarot cards!

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 10:01am
Print Post  

Yep, all this... but at the end of the day I'd still play this game if it was not the grind and lack on endgame, this is what got me out.

IP Logged

onions
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Jul 20th, 2017 at 1:17pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Jul 11th, 2017 at 5:30pm:

Jeeper's Creeper Reapers? Reaper's Peepers? The posssibilities are infite...
« Last Edit: Jul 20th, 2017 at 1:18pm by onions »  

IP Logged

Gramh_the_Bard
Ex Member

Reply #21 - Jul 20th, 2017 at 2:30pm
Print Post  
onions wrote on Jul 20th, 2017 at 1:17pm:
Jeeper's Creeper Reapers? Reaper's Peepers? The posssibilities are infite...

you posted on a dying thread just to say that? that's retarded

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #22 - Jul 20th, 2017 at 4:00pm
Print Post  
Quote:
you posted on a dying thread just to say that? that's reaptarded

IP Logged

knockcocker
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #23 - Jul 21st, 2017 at 3:22am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Jul 20th, 2017 at 4:00pm:
you posted on a dying thread just to say that? that's reaptarded

You know the super secret, super serial codename for U37?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint