Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Thoughts on Reaper? (Read 7799 times)
iGouger
Ex Member

Thoughts on Reaper?
Aug 5th, 2017 at 7:46pm
Print Post  
I'm pretty sure I know what the response is gonna be here but I figured I'd ask anyway--better than asking on the official forums where everyone and their dog seems to be extolling every single thing that Turbine "SSG" does

What's the general opinion here about Reaper difficulty? That's all I wanted to ask.

Came back recently after a year long (or longer, idk) break and looks like I might go on another indefinite break or just quit altogether this time. And yea yea, I know I'm probably a bit late to the party since Reaper was added in quite awhile ago, but whatever. Reaper is really the last straw for me. Personally I've always loved the heroic game and that's what I play most of the time, so there's really not much point to playing now that reaper is a thing.

For one thing, EVERYONE is running reaper now. Can't even find groups for Elite quests because nobody will join, even on Friday/Saturday nights. This has been a problem since MOTU (declining population) but it is even more obvious now.

For another, it's just more power creep. EPL was a big one back then, and now it looks like we have racial reincarnation and now reaper... so the bridge between new players and triple-triple-triple completionists (or whatever you wanna call em) is even more pronounced. Which, coupled with Turbine's "SSG's" lack of advertising or any effort to bring in new players, means DDO's population is just going to remain stagnant and gradually decrease.

And for a third, reaper is just balls. Seriously. What the fuck were they smoking when they invented this mode? Most of the quests are not HARD for most of them (just like in elite), but the only "difficulty" comes from completely ass-random spikes in difficulty from random monster champions and reapers. You have stupid shit like a reaper dealing 120 damage to me in Walk the Butcher's path--wtf mate?

Champions in general are one of the worst things turbine ever did IMO. If they wanted to make the game more challenging, why not just make EVERY monster about ~10% more powerful, and make the quest OVERALL slightly more difficult, instead of adding in stupid spikes of difficulty which happen at complete fucking random? Makes no sense to me. It's just not good game design. Why the fuck am I fighting a monster who's stronger than 99% of what you'd find in elite Gianthold, a level 4 reaper quest? That's idiotic. Why can't difficulty be more consistent?

Also, I should mention that the required grind to make any sort of progress in Reaper difficulty is just hilarious.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Re: Thoughts on Reaper?
Reply #1 - Aug 5th, 2017 at 9:26pm
Print Post  
My first thought: I wish reaper was only for at cap characters.  A level 30 extreme challenge option.  Either only only Level 28 and above content, only on epic content, or all content.  But, if you did that then you could plan for what characters have at level 30 and make the challenge unique. 

I think trying to make it be something people 1-30 can run makes it harder to develop a system that works with all the relative increases in character power from 1-30, with the spikes that happen at certain points. 

Since they did a 1-30 system, they were limited in what they could do to increase challenge.  Some things I like, some things I don't.  The reapers don't scale well.  They are OP early on and become less threatening than champions later on.  The champs are too much a part of the challenge.  I would rather the base quest mobs and traps and bosses were the overall difficulty.

My second thought:  It's not so much the difficulty as the trees and the XP system that I think is off.  The xp should earn more at cap and more in high skulls.  Less in heroics and in low skulls.  The trees should give less power creep.  The xp-AP earn system is way too grindy.  And the gap between current players and returning or new is getting too large.  These are more flaws of the xp/reward system, though, than the quest challenge configuration.  And this is where most of my disagreement lies.  I also don't like the lockout of 6 levels and the fact that the xp must be earned at base quest level instead of at effective quest level.  Both of these limit grouping heavily.  Which, given lower populations, is a negative.

IP Logged

iGouger
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Aug 6th, 2017 at 12:12am
Print Post  
I hate anything which further divides the playerbase. And reaper has done just that, it seems. On top of DDO already bleeding players, Turbine/SSG/whatever the fuck they want to call themselves implemented another feature which would fragment the playerbase. As if the epic-heroic split from 2012 MOTU were not enough already.

They really have no idea what they wanted to do with this game. DDO was never perfect, but I do think it was overall a much more enjoyable experience from 2009-2012, where they were coming up with lots of good adventure packs, and where there was a lot of cohesion regarding the TR grind and the endgame content. Everything since then has been haphazard and demonstrates a lack of forethought and foresight into what they wanted to do with the game and where they wanted to take it.

Really wish there were just a big "reset" button and we could go back five or so years. But alas, that's not the case. Gotta look for other games to play or other ways to spend my free time.

Thanks for the response.

IP Logged

hydra
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Aug 6th, 2017 at 12:31am
Print Post  
The implementation isn't actually horrible by itself - there are certainly things I would change, #1 axing the reaper trees.

The issue is the complete utter lack of any follow through, and the bait and switch of the playerbase prior to releasing reaper.

Everybody thought was a gamemode designed for endgame players - turns out it was primarily designed as another hamster wheel grind. The devs didn't bend on reaper trees, or on some of the player made suggestions with regards to rewards / and quest difficulty.

In the end we have a system which primarily divides the playerbase from endgame players. Mostly due to not giving incentives to playing at cap. Racial trs further hammered the nail in.

Contrary to all of this - the base reaper mode is actually quite a big improvement from what we had before. In endgame, if I desire I can challenge myself. We can argue whether or not the challenge is the right type of challenge - but at least there's the option. The only way we could introduce difficulty was through speedrunning and shortmanning LEs prior to this; we were 4-6 manning LE shroud before our endgame guild died. Now at least, there's the option to have difficulty in a full raid or quest group.

The problem is the lack of players to play with at cap. And I know a lot of people say heroics are fine, which to a certain degree they appear to be healthy-ish. The issue is that its perceived as healthy but it isn't. Most of the grouping in heroics is being done by well established static groups (mine included). I've enjoyed my time in heroic reaper because I'm not treating it as a grind (even though it is) but more as a rotating list of quests to challenge me. Doing high skull at level heroic raids (like chrono, abbot, von, dq, and shroud) as well as a quest on r10 every level, has genuinely been a fun experience.

The issue is that nostalgia can only last so long. We need a server merge. We need an actual endgame (of at least the same magnitude as before MOTU). And most importantly we need the devs to start embracing iterative design - where they actually evaluate player response to the changes they make and iterate upon that feedback to produce a better product.

I've never been as conflicted as to whether the game is worth playing than I am at this moment. On the one hand, this game has a lot of potential and a lot of nostalgia driving me to keep on playing - holding off for the slim chance that ravenloft finally makes an endgame. On the other hand, the devs have shown time and time again that they not only don't know anything about their own game: they straight up don't care what the players think; they are just trying to squeeze the last bit of money from the game, likely in an effort to supply cash infusions necessary to establish new projects at their indie game studio (a practice which we have factual information happened in their predecessors company turbine).

IP Logged

shadowgate
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Aug 6th, 2017 at 2:49am
Print Post  
Holy crap you choda boys are fucking depressing. Reading these posts killed my desire to come back. Which is a good thing. I always remember the game better than it actually is.

IP Logged

bengay
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Aug 6th, 2017 at 8:12am
Print Post  
OP im in the same boat you are in.  I came back from 2014 and at first I was like reaper is cool but then I saw how powerful the trees were and I was like wtf are the devs thinking?  it really just takes all the rules and flushes them down the toilet.  there is no fail state in DDO anymore you run easy reaper mode and have bags of HP and zerg to the end.  rinse repeat.  Each run is easier and easier as your HP bags increase.  Make a mistake oh no worries got a jibbers or res scroll.  No fails ever again unless you choose to "challenge" yourself by playing high reaper, but who would do something so dumb. lol  High reaper is a joke a myth.  No you play easy mode all the time and never fail. 

What was cool about the old DDO was you failed a lot and no one cried about it and begged for easy mode.  That whats reaper is, easy mode for mega HP jibber babies.   

The reason nobody plays elite anymore is because it is HARDER than reaper because you don't have a faggot tree for fags that are gay.
« Last Edit: Aug 6th, 2017 at 8:25am by bengay »  

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #6 - Aug 6th, 2017 at 8:50am
Print Post  
Bengay try doing skull 10 at cap and just ignore the trees for the most part.
Ala Rys and Wizza

Game is fun.

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

Skrilla
Puppy Farmer

Reply #7 - Aug 6th, 2017 at 9:58am
Print Post  
Sooooo..... you guys are saying you dont like reaper?

Ill tell you a little secret trick to fix that......

You ready?

Dont play reaper then....

I already know what you're gonna think now..  How the fuck did he know that I dont have to play reaper?

Ya.. lucky for you.. I have learned there are other options than reaper.. when you go to a quest.. dont pick the option to the right.. I know this sounds hard.. but... click to the left of that.. and youll not run into any reapers.. or have to worry about where to put those dirty reaper pts in at.. ftfy yw

Now for something else you didnt know.... Did you know that youre actually not fucking competing with ANY other people playing the game?

I know what youre thinking again... youre thinking... shit...he could be right... Theres no list of whos the best or has the most lives or the most reaper points anywhere in this entire game... fuck... i was sure there was.. But now that ive sat here and thought about it.. ive never seen any list like that nor anything fucking close to that..

So ya, no need to keep up with the joneses..  Or in fact worry about what anyone other than YOURSELF is doing in the game..  No need to call for nerfs of build that you dont want others to play.. nor worry about the exploits that tend to happen...

Do you wanna know why you shouldnt worry about shit like that?

The reason is very simple.... Its that You dont play against other players in this game ... well other than the 5 people that pvp. But nobody crys about builds/lives/reaper pts because of some pvp shit..

But ya.. there are many things in this game that are broken.. I dont like most of the shit done to the game..
I do agree with many of the complaints listed on here... But... I do not like hearing stupid ass crazy talk shit.

1.. You dont have to play reaper... plenty of people running other diffs.. and if you cant put up an lfm for lower than reaper... then.. idk whats wrong with ya, try switching servers. And if you dont like reaper points.. Then dont put them in the trees..

2... You are NOT in competition with ANYONE.. Its not a PVP game.. there isnt any numbered lists to try to shoot past people on... So actually there isnt any need to worry about what others are up to at all..
Well, other than worry about the lack of people on the server... that is a legit problem that will never be fixed.. they wont ever merge shit.. idk why
« Last Edit: Aug 6th, 2017 at 6:34pm by Skrilla »  

IP Logged

Jelly_Muffin
Stormreaver Piker

Just say fuckoff!

Reply #8 - Aug 6th, 2017 at 10:54am
Print Post  
Yeah fuck I don't get it anymore. Hate reaper - fucking leave it then, easy and done. But no, much whinge instead and assuming everyone is as gimp as you and only runs low skull to zerg.

I swear to fuck, I must run into any lame cunt that's always on about reaper weh weh weh and I know I'll be seeing a class A gimp

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #9 - Aug 6th, 2017 at 11:45am
Print Post  
Skrilla wrote on Aug 6th, 2017 at 9:58am:
Its that You dont play against other players in this game

You're not exactly wrong, but...you're not as right as you think you are.

In this game you have absolutely no choice but to compete if you want to keep up - and that includes even soloing.

You have no choice because the hurdles aren't set on an average - they're set for the tallest kid.
The class is graded on a curve - set by the kid getting his answer from the teacher.

Pick your analogy, but the difficulty rating of this game constantly and consistently goes up and that has nothing to do with you - it has to do with the people pushing the easy button marked CHR.

I haven't been here since they beginning, but I've been playing this game for over 7 years now and I can tell you this - every time I take a break I come back to a noticeably more difficult game.  Higher aggro, stronger monsters, more powerful traps, etc, etc, etc.  Quests I used to solo easily are now death traps because the bar has been raised, so I have no choice but to rework my toon (and hope my class hasn't been nerfed too much because it was making a flavor of the month splash OP), totally rework my gear and muddle through as best as I can while the CHR easy button crowd are flying through, complaining the game is too easy - so expect the bar to go up again in the next update.

Which brings us to the OP -

You just got to kind of suck it up man.  This is where the game is and they're not going to roll it back.  Solo where you can if you want, but mostly just rework your gear and adjust your build to the new challenges.

And don't be afraid of jumping into reaper mode.  Yeah, right now especially you're going to have a lot of kids who have been grinding reaper XP all summer who are OP as fuck - you're not going to be the superstar in the group.

But if your gear and build are solid, you should be able to hang in a low level reaper group for non-soloable quests.  Let them do the heavy lifting, collect your reaper XP and start (oh so slowly) filling in the reaper tree. 

It sucked massive ass when I came back, but I'm on my 3rd life now with really solid gear.  I can hold my own in a 3 skull reaper run now.  I don't stick out performance wise - but that also includes not sticking out as dying any more than anyone else, so that's something.

With a good enough build, you can roll with a reaper group and no one will know you don't have any points in your tree.

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Humble Pie
Korthos Resident

Never settle.

Reply #10 - Aug 6th, 2017 at 1:04pm
Print Post  
I know I might be in the minority here, but I find Reaper to be great.  I've been playing a while, and have amassed many past lives, great gear, and much skill/knowledge about the game. I was often finding Elite to be less than challenging.  With just 17 reaper points to my name, I routinely run R2 or better, and while it sometimes is not easy (and I die), it is now challenging and fun again.

I always open my LFM's to all, and will assist/tend to the newer player that is either new to reaper or new to the game.  If this means buffing them as best as I can, or healing them mid fight (wand whipping really works), or even carrying their soul stone to the end, to allow them to at least earn reaper points, and better themselves for next time.

In my opinion, reaper has actually made the game fun again.  I like the extra power the reaper trees add, as it allows me to just increase the reaper level to make the game hard enough to play, without it being a cake walk. 

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #11 - Aug 6th, 2017 at 1:06pm
Print Post  
Have you tried a lower difficulty?

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

hydra
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Aug 6th, 2017 at 1:12pm
Print Post  
Read my post - I actually like reaper in terms of the base mechanics.

I don't like the trees, the loss of players, the lack of follow through, and more importantly the further partitioning of players into heroics vs endgame. Additionally the lockout, which limits the amount of quests you can do at cap.

I'm enjoying it both at cap and in heroics but that's only because of my static group.

But yes the best advice I can give you is to ignore the trees and just focus on the challenge - IFF you have players that are like-minded to do the same with you.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Aug 6th, 2017 at 2:12pm
Print Post  
just quit the game; it's what everyone else did.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

iGouger
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Aug 6th, 2017 at 4:33pm
Print Post  
Skrilla wrote on Aug 6th, 2017 at 9:58am:
dont play reaper

Yeah, I wont. But that means having to solo everything, and while admittedly DDOs playerbase has been dwindling for a long time, it's borderline impossible to find a group for anything now. And while I CAN solo most content... I'd at least like to have the OPTION to group with others every so often. Is that so unreasonable?

Also, love some of the responses implying not liking reaper or calling out bullshit badly balanced difficulty = you're a gimp character, lol Roll Eyes

Quote:

good idea

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #15 - Aug 6th, 2017 at 10:31pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 6th, 2017 at 2:12pm:

I was gonna ask . . .  people still ply this game?

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #16 - Aug 6th, 2017 at 10:36pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I was gonna ask . . .

No. Nobody plays the game anymore.  The game closed.  We just all pretend the servers are still on.

Dumbass.
« Last Edit: Aug 6th, 2017 at 10:37pm by Asheras »  

IP Logged

Cripey
Shroud Slacker

Fuck you, thats my name.

Reply #17 - Aug 7th, 2017 at 11:06am
Print Post  
Don't we get enough of this whining about reaper on the shit main forums?

Grands Superhero IRL

Or as they say in Ireland -
Derp derp derp derp. Yellow moons. Lassie.

Hordo wrote on Nov 21st, 2012 at 8:07am:
EDIT: BTW I love your post.  It reads as if English is your 3rd language behind gibberish and dipshit.

majmalphunktion wrote on Mar 20th, 2014 at 6:11pm:
what the fuck guys...

Jeesus fucking shit. This shit gets me called to the principals office.

Assholes.

IP Logged

pape
Dragon Raider

Reply #18 - Aug 7th, 2017 at 11:17am
Print Post  
I don't run reaper. I did run it when it first came out, but really, there was no point. Maybe if I had a static group of players to work with it would be different, but mostly I am relegated to soloing.

I run EE  on my two main characters, and i'm cool with that. Most quests aren't that challenging on EE, but some are - basically anything which features the oversized mobs of hyper-inflated abaishi.

Most other toons, the ones without gobs of past lives (ie. no past lives), I usually will run EH solo, EE with a group (if I bother with a group that is).

I am running out of all the goodies left over after the cards finally went away, and I don't care to spend the resources that do drop in game on run of the mill quests on under powered / poorly geared secondary toons.

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #19 - Aug 7th, 2017 at 3:08pm
Print Post  
hydra wrote on Aug 6th, 2017 at 12:31am:
On the other hand, the devs have shown time and time again that they not only don't know anything about their own game: they straight up don't care what the players think; they are just trying to squeeze the last bit of money from the game, likely in an effort to supply cash infusions necessary to establish new projects at their indie game studio (a practice which we have factual information happened in their predecessors company turbine).

Because Infinite Crisis did so well.

Skoodge wrote on Aug 6th, 2017 at 11:45am:
You just got to kind of suck it up man.  This is where the game is and they're not going to roll it back.  Solo where you can if you want, but mostly just rework your gear and adjust your build to the new challenges.

This.

I think a lot of people mistake Reaper for something other than what it is: A supplemental system.

The REAL implementation SSG was aiming for was Racial TR.

rTR is the Hamster Wheel they wanted to bring in, and Reaper was a balm to the Whales and Whiners on the mobos who'd already p2w or ground their way through every other fucking objective in the game. The Triple-Completionist-Everything crowd.

So they roll out Reaper and accompanying trees to say "Look at teh new Shinies EVERYONE gets!" when in fact the rTR was the carrot on the end of the VERY long stick they wanted everyone chasing.

Don't believe me? Go ahead and look for a "True Heart of Reaper Reincarnation". You won't find one. rXP carries on through every life, almost exactly like Epic Destinies. Anything you're getting "free" means that they're bilking you somewhere else.

They even tossed in some vendors with pointless rewards for outrageously high rXP benchmarks. (And I'm a huge whore for cosmetics, and even I don't give a shit about them).

And you know this because rTR is a VERY back-loaded system, and doesn't hit "completionist" until triple lives in every race. Lots of opportunities to make people pay for Otto's Boxes and Heroic Hearts of (X).

Reaper is just something else to get while you're grinding out ANOTHER 30 lives on rTR.

Anyone running high skulls is stupid, a masochist or a shut-in. It's 10x the work and 20x the time sink for +10% of the gains of R1 completions. And filling in the Reaper trees is a VERY nominal increase in power early on.

And the cores functioning in non-Reaper is meaningless if YOU'RE NEVER RUNNING OUTSIDE REAPER.

Run R1 for the 120% XP boost and nominal rXP then call it a day. Your times will be maybe +10% more than normal Heroic Elite, and you'll be back there earning rXP again on the next (x)TR cycle sooner rather than later.

YMMV.

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #20 - Aug 7th, 2017 at 3:23pm
Print Post  
Cripey wrote on Aug 7th, 2017 at 11:06am:
Don't we get enough of this whining about reaper on the shit main forums?

Yes, and then some.

It's impressive how much whining something that's actually a challenge can induce from the entitled, crybaby gamers that abound these days.  The levels of whine are so extraordinary that if you didn't know better, you'd think the devs had removed all other difficulties and made Reaper mandatory.

The irony is, this forum/site has been full of supposedly "l337" players complaining about how easy DDO was and that the devs needed to increase the challenge.   The devs did and people lost their damned minds.   LOL.

Meanwhile, there are some players running high-skull reaper missions without any real trouble.   As someone else mentioned, Rys and Wizza duo some of them on 10-skull and they don't even have a lot of Reaper APs.  Think I also saw it mentioned that a couple of players were running first/second lifers in high-skull reaper groups and doing just fine.
« Last Edit: Aug 8th, 2017 at 12:10am by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

hydra
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Aug 7th, 2017 at 3:41pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Aug 7th, 2017 at 3:23pm:
Yes, and then some.

It's impressive how much whining something that's actually a challenge can induce from the entitled, crybaby gamers that abound these days.  The levels of whine are so extraordinary that if you didn't know better, you'd think the devs had removed all other difficulties and made Reaper mandatory.

The irony is, this forum/site has been full of supposedly "l337" players complaining about how easy DDO was and that the devs needed to increase the challenge.   The devs did and people lost their damned minds.   LOL.

Meanwhile, there are some players running high-skull reaper missions without any real trouble.   As someone else mentioned, Rys and Wizza duo some of them on 10-skull and they don't even have a lot of Reaper APs.  Think I also saw it mentioned that a couple of players were running first/second lifers in high-skull reaper groups and doing just fine.

I think my biggest complaint is that its too easy (r1 to r10 all should have been much more difficult than they currently are). Not that its too hard. Also the fact that the reward system encouraged leaving endgame, which has left endgame pretty desolate.

My other complaint is that you can't play dps casters in high skulls, but that's more of a hybrid issue with class balance than anything.

IP Logged

iGouger
Ex Member

Reply #22 - Aug 7th, 2017 at 5:22pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Aug 7th, 2017 at 3:23pm:

again, it looks like some of you completely miss the point. I'm not complaining that it's "too hard" or "too easy" or whatever. I'm criticizing the fact that the difficulty is just idiotically designed and haphazard. Why does 90% of the difficulty that stems from reaper have to stem from random, sporadic spikes in difficulty from monster champs, who deal 10x more damage than normal monsters? it's stupid. Why not just make the whole dungeon marginally more difficult, instead of adding in these weird, jarring spikes in difficulty? I've always hated monster champs for this reason. Stupid game design.

Well actually, I'll revise that point a bit. I DO complain a bit about difficulty, but I think anyone with half a brain should be able to see that 120 damage from a single monster in a level 2 quest on reaper 1 is at LEAST a tad bit excessive, don't you think? The way it's balanced is just ludicrous.

hydra wrote on Aug 7th, 2017 at 3:41pm:

For what it's worth, I was never one of those people. I find the whole "powergamer" mentality that seems to prevail around here kind of silly. Yes, I could run a triple-triple-triple completionist warlock and cheese through everything... but what's the point in that? I didn't play DDO to grind incessantly. I played to have fun. Endgame can be fucked for all I care; I find it more fun to go through a few heroic lives now and then since there's so much more quest and build diversity.

Though of course, this again cuts to the issue that I mentioned earlier: that it's even harder to find groups for any heroic content due to reaper. Sure, I CAN solo, but it gets boring playing single player 90% of the time in a supposed "MMO." I liked the old days back when it was easy enough to join a group and meet new friends or just team up with some other people. And as a side note, it seems that the community overall just isn't as fun to play with anymore--so many people that are transfixed with the grind and who don't want to do something fun like do some slayers in TBC or something like that. DDO just isn't the same and to me, it's gotten to an almost unplayable point now.  Undecided

That's really my main beef with reaper: another way of fragmenting the playerbase and encouraging the more elitist, grindy, powergamer mindset. Not to mention it's awfully designed with the aforementioned spikes in difficulty. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that many here on the vault actually like it though, considering that the prevailing mindset seems to, again, be that powergamer mentality.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #23 - Aug 7th, 2017 at 6:57pm
Print Post  
Quote:
but I think anyone with half a brain should be able to see that 120 damage from a single monster in a level 2 quest on reaper 1 is at LEAST a tad bit excessive, don't you think?

To be fair, that's not exactly uncommon in just elite quests for a good 5 years now.  Healing kits and don't count me out aren't exactly as useful as they used to be.  Long gone are the days of hitting -5 and hoping to recover and prevent a wipe.  Even low level quests, if you get hit hard enough to die, you're going to be -30 or below.  And there are way more things that can one shot you even on elite that will drop you from 200 hps to completely dead before you know what hit you.

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Skrilla
Puppy Farmer

Reply #24 - Aug 7th, 2017 at 9:15pm
Print Post  
As my "dawg" says....   Ban the champs.  Wink

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint