Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Melee reaper tree (Read 2522 times)
Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Melee reaper tree
Aug 23rd, 2017 at 6:59pm
Print Post  
tl;dr - where should I be putting my reaper points for a melee build and in which tree?

Decided I'm really happy with my new toon and gear.  Been jumping in on reaper where I can and am pretty much holding my own this life (with my two crappy reaper points).  I'm not dying anymore than anyone else (and sometimes not at all) and my kill count is usually in the mid to low high end range.  I'm contributing to the group, which is something considering how many fucking "100th life triple completionist, gazillion points in my reaper tree" people I've been grouping with.

So, after a long reaper run tonight I decided to check and see if I was up to three crappy reaper points yet - and realized I never bothered setting my points after I hit level 4 this life.

I'd put my points in the bulwark of the defensive tree (giving me 18 crappy extra HPs and +1 to PRR), but I suspect that's a complete waste.

Which is better?  Defensive in Con or dodge?  Or should I be going for the offensive tree?

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Now back to the GOOD part!

Re: Melee reaper tree
Reply #1 - Aug 23rd, 2017 at 10:15pm
Print Post  
I tend to divide up my Survival Points into multiple trees.  But, with only 3 points, it won't matter much.  HP / Stat / DC bonuses should be your first enhancements outside of the cores.

IP Logged

iGouger
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Aug 24th, 2017 at 12:23am
Print Post  
I don't ever play reaper, but I'd imagine that the doublestrike action boost would be a good use of AP. That assumes, however, that it doesn't share a cooldown with normie action boosts. Which I don't know if it does, since I haven't tested it and can't be bothered to.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #3 - Aug 24th, 2017 at 1:24am
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Aug 23rd, 2017 at 6:59pm:
I'd put my points in the bulwark of the defensive tree (giving me 18 crappy extra HPs and +1 to PRR), but I suspect that's a complete waste.

Not exactly, Grim is the go to tree for lowbie levels.
All the extra HP, PRR, Dodge helps.

IP Logged

Skrilla
Puppy Farmer

Reply #4 - Aug 24th, 2017 at 8:37am
Print Post  
Idc whats what.. just take any pts on the right tree... get that hp son...

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #5 - Aug 24th, 2017 at 8:47am
Print Post  
Max out the Grim Barricade tree.  8 HP per point spent, plus the cores give more HP boost, is better than +1 MP or +1 stat and 4 HP.  Especially in the first 10-12 levels.  Once you have 40-50 reaper points, it becomes less of an issue, and at cap the HP might not matter as much when you have other sources for HP, but in heroics, it is all Grim Barricade all the time until you max it out.  Your first 14 points go there from level 4-9.  At level 10, you reistribute and spend the first 25 in Grim Barricade.

If you have more than 14 reaper points, then take core 1, Level 1 stat, level 1 DC, and the reapers strike first.  Get MP last.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 4:03am
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Aug 23rd, 2017 at 6:59pm:
tl;dr - where should I be putting my reaper points for a melee build and in which tree?

12 points in each up to the max of level 4.  12 in grim barricade for survivability, then 12 elsewhere for shits and giggles.  If you have 24+ you're not asking here anyway.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #7 - Sep 2nd, 2017 at 5:23pm
Print Post  
The offense tree is very poorly designed. You can't even progress the tiers without wasting points unless you are a tactics build.

MP and RP should not be separate lines, they should be on a selector in the same line. They could replace one with a DS/DS selector line. That just leaves the 2 empty spots in the middle which could be a generic +2/4/6 to hit and +2/4/6 to damage.

Just add something! It simply needs more things.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Skrilla
Puppy Farmer

Reply #8 - Sep 3rd, 2017 at 12:54am
Print Post  
All i care about is hps/con.. thx

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint