Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) SSG has one positive review on the BBB (Read 11435 times)
platfarmchink
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

SSG has one positive review on the BBB
Sep 17th, 2017 at 7:54pm
Print Post  
And it is by your favorite Wiki-King.  I won't post his full last name here, but it's been everywhere already.

Maybe he thinks shilling for SSG will help him finally get his dream job with them. I mean nightmare job.

"5/16/2017
Donald F.

Excellent customer service. Very friendly and helpful service associates with reasonably quick turnaround time."

https://www.bbb.org/boston/business-reviews/video-games-dealers/standing-stone-g...

But wait, there's more! Turbine also has one and only one positive review. Guess by who?

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Re: SSG has one positive review on the BBB
Reply #1 - Sep 17th, 2017 at 8:03pm
Print Post  
News: Paid Shill company only has one free shill for (probably) non-paying company.

Two sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm shitfaced

IP Logged

Darth Anonymous
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Sep 17th, 2017 at 8:42pm
Print Post  
The BBB is a scam. If you are not a member they rule against you and give you an F rating pretty quickly. A useless ruling as they have no means of actually doing anything for you. If SSG ever joined the BBB then they would have an A grade regardless. BBB is in the business of selling memberships. I am actually surprised that anyone took the time to respond to any of the complaints from Turbine or SSG. It's really useless to respond to any of them and a huge timesink for no return unless you pay the BBB the extortion err membership fee. I guess it demonstrates some level of customer service that they at least responded to the BBB complaint. But it also shows how shoddy the BBB is in that Turbines & SSG's complaints are lumped together.

IP Logged

Sailias
Dragon Raider

Reply #3 - Sep 17th, 2017 at 8:55pm
Print Post  
The BBB is basically a less-well-run Yelp, and that's saying something. It's not official by any means. It's not a government bureau, nor is it anything but a self-perpetuating scam.

monk changes 2016 for president

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #4 - Sep 17th, 2017 at 9:04pm
Print Post  
I only half-agree with you guys, having spent some recent time dealing with the BBB.  You only get an F rating if you don't respond to complaints *at all*, which you'll see is quite a few of the cases there.  That's just shitty business, regardless of the legitimacy of the BBB itself.

On the flipside, having to deal with the cocksmoking teabaggers at Verizon, one complaint to the BBB resulted in a phone call from Verizon two hours later, with somebody who could actually make decisions.

So maybe they're a scam, but they can actually work.  Comparing them to Yelp is just dumb.  Sounds like more "the market will sort it out" nonsense, which means you buy MOTU, don't get a working key and then... what?  You're free to spend your remaining money elsewhere?

Daggertooth wrote on Apr 14th, 2017 at 6:52pm:
I'm pretty fucking sure I am a special snowflake.

Frank wrote on Apr 2nd, 2017 at 8:32am:
Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Sep 17th, 2017 at 9:35pm
Print Post  
Sailias wrote on Sep 17th, 2017 at 8:55pm:
nor is it anything but a self-perpetuating scam.

so, basically DDO

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #6 - Sep 18th, 2017 at 5:35pm
Print Post  
BBB is not a scam, its actually a pretty well-respected organization.

Complaints DO garner action from most companies, and a lot of people do actually look at BBB ratings.

Yelp is a free-for-all, anyone can post anything. BBB actually collects specific details and requires to you to provide legitimate contact information. Filling a complaint isn't just posting a bad review, it actually means the BBB will contact the company on your behalf and make sure your complaint is at least heard. They will then act as an arbitrator.

As far as consumer advocates go, they're a lot better than nothing.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

NoGoodDoc
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Sep 18th, 2017 at 5:48pm
Print Post  
It should be no surprise that SSG hasn't replied to a complaint since spring.  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #8 - Sep 18th, 2017 at 5:51pm
Print Post  
I wonder how long this approach of "Ignore all complaints, provide rotten service" is going to keep the company going?

I plan to un-sub in a few days over the piss-poor customer service. I encourage everyone else to do the same.

Remember: the worst thing you can do to SSG is keep playing the game but stop giving them money.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Sep 19th, 2017 at 9:36am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Sep 18th, 2017 at 5:51pm:
I wonder how long this approach of "Ignore all complaints, provide rotten service" is going to keep the company going?

I plan to un-sub in a few days over the piss-poor customer service. I encourage everyone else to do the same.

Remember: the worst thing you can do to SSG is keep playing the game but stop giving them money.

Not for long. But I'm not sure that keeping things going is their intent. Just a hunch but it almost seems like a VC firm just wringing out whatever $$ they can from their investment before they sell. Cut costs (less customer service) and raise revenue (expansion) and then when the numbers look nice and shiney sell it off.

I unsubbed months ago because I got tired of being treated like a fucking criminal on the MOBOs by fat fuck. I had plenty of points saved up from VIP 500 and favor. Bought everything I wanted when it went on sale. And honestly the only thing I miss about vip is the slight xp boost, and not having to run to the fucking little guy to switch destinies. Other than that, you can't divide by the number of fucks I give.

They will never get another penny of my money, and I still get to play the game with almost everything I had when I was paying for it.

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #10 - Sep 19th, 2017 at 11:07am
Print Post  
The 5% XP boost was the only reason I bought VIP in the first place, be sad to see it go!

In other news, I am about 90% sure SSG outsources its support through a company called Zendesk. I was muching about on the SSG not-helping site and during the login the URL briefly redirected to one that included Zendesk. I checked their site out, and they are a third-party, customer service outsourcing group. They don't really handle games, which explains part of the shitty service.

I can't find any mention of SSG on their site so far, but then again people tend to only post relationships they are proud of.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #11 - Sep 19th, 2017 at 11:15am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Sep 19th, 2017 at 11:07am:
The 5% XP boost was the only reason I bought VIP in the first place, be sad to see it go!

It is a 10% boost, just FYI.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #12 - Sep 19th, 2017 at 11:18am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Sep 19th, 2017 at 11:07am:
In other news, I am about 90% sure SSG outsources its support through a company called Zendesk. I was muching about on the SSG not-helping site and during the login the URL briefly redirected to one that included Zendesk. I checked their site out, and they are a third-party, customer service outsourcing group. They don't really handle games, which explains part of the shitty service.

I can't find any mention of SSG on their site so far, but then again people tend to only post relationships they are proud of.

Zendesk is a software program that your support team can use internally to track support tickets and manage queues, resolutions, etc.  I didn't know they actually provided employees to do the support.  That wasn't of interest to my company, so I might have just overlooked it.  Or it is a newer offering.   I've seen the software suite.  It is nice.  We chose a different product at my company, but they were one of the options we were considering. 

Regardless, my guess would be they are using the software with their own staff vs. outsourcing customer service.
« Last Edit: Sep 19th, 2017 at 11:19am by Asheras »  

IP Logged

NoGoodDoc
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Sep 19th, 2017 at 11:38am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Sep 19th, 2017 at 11:18am:
Regardless, my guess would be they are using the software with their own staff vs. outsourcing customer service.

While this is hearsay, I tend to believe it as the poster isn't the type to make things up. SSG appears to use outsourced CS (and that might explain them not responding to BBB complaints):

Quote:
Per my talk with Jerry at the Gen Con Gathering: They do use a contracted company. There is a plan in the works to bring CS back to the home office.

That said: I agree that current CS is horribly lacking, and also the process of getting CS back under SSG control is taking a terribly long time.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/489743-Why-is-customer-service-STILL-s...
« Last Edit: Sep 19th, 2017 at 11:46am by NoGoodDoc »  

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #14 - Sep 19th, 2017 at 11:41am
Print Post  
NoGoodDoc wrote on Sep 19th, 2017 at 11:38am:
While this is hearsay, but I tend to believe it as the poster isn't the type to make things up. SSG appears to use outsourced CS (and that might explain them not responding to BBB complaints):

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/489743-Why-is-customer-service-STILL-s...

Ah.  Didn't see that post.  Interesting.  I'm generally not a fan of outsourced CS.  Too hard to control the customer experience, imo.  I hope they do bring it back in house.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #15 - Sep 19th, 2017 at 12:08pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Sep 19th, 2017 at 11:18am:
I didn't know they actually provided employees to do the support. 

https://www.zendesk.com/customer-experience/

Maybe its a new offering, maybe its over-priced, but they do offer their own support reps. They don't seem to handle games, though, which may explain why DDO's support is so bad.

NoGoodDoc wrote on Sep 19th, 2017 at 11:38am:
SSG appears to use outsourced CS (and that might explain them not responding to BBB complaints):

SSG definitely uses an outsourced CS department, you can find proof all over. However, they won't admit WHICH company they outsource to. I'm trying to find further proof that its Zendesk, but its looking like they may just be the software provider(or are deeply ashamed of the quality of service they provide to DDO).

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #16 - Sep 19th, 2017 at 12:09pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Sep 19th, 2017 at 11:41am:
Ah.  Didn't see that post.  Interesting.  I'm generally not a fan of outsourced CS.  Too hard to control the customer experience, imo.  I hope they do bring it back in house. 

Was Turbine trying very hard to control customer experience back when CS was inhouse?

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #17 - Sep 19th, 2017 at 12:13pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Sep 19th, 2017 at 12:09pm:
Was Turbine trying very hard to control customer experience back when CS was inhouse?

I don't know how hard they were trying.  I only know the results I see as a customer.

IP Logged

Skrilla
Puppy Farmer

Reply #18 - Sep 19th, 2017 at 6:10pm
Print Post  
Look.. in not giving up vip for a few reasons..

I like the 10% especially when reusing stones.. that 200k from the stone extra is dope.

I also dont want to bust out like $300 or more at once to buy all the packs/classes/races/mm/shared bank/character slots and whatever else there is that im missing.

I own almost 0 content.. only the expansions and whatever was part of the black fri sales.. If i could buy stuff as it goes on sale while im vip, id have much more. But they trapped me. Plus I need dat 10%

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #19 - Sep 19th, 2017 at 7:07pm
Print Post  
Ouch, i feel for you bro.

I used to buy VIP in one-month instalments just for stones. I don't got a re-use method, do it was as i was buying them. I shudder to think how much I've spent for how shittily I've been treated.

IP Logged

iGouger
Ex Member

Reply #20 - Sep 20th, 2017 at 1:37am
Print Post  
10% exp boost IMO is kind of "meh." It's nice, but I can easily do without it. I've never been VIP and I've gotten along fine. There's so much exp around these days anyway.

I remember back when I first started DDO, I came to the realization that VIP is better in the short run, whereas buying a certain amount of TP is better in the long run. In the short run, VIP is fantastic since it gives you access to ALMOST all the content, all but a few of the classes, and so on and so forth. It's a good deal if you want to play the game and don't intend to continue for that long. On the other hand, if you want to shell out maybe $100 for TP, and then use those TP wisely to only buy sale stuff when it's on sale, then you'll probably get a better bang for your buck than you would with VIP.

I think I've spent around $200-$250 on DDO in my entire 7-year career of playing the game, and all of that was spent towards TP, not VIP. If I had gone VIP, that would've been ~$700 by comparison, and I wouldn't even be taking advantage of it most of the time, since I tend to take long breaks. That's another thing with VIP: I'd feel the need to play compulsively, so as to get my money's worth. When buying adventure packs, I know that I can return to them whenever I want (before DDO closes down, at least) and try to enjoy the content at my own pace. So personally, I don't see the appeal to VIP, though of course your mileage may vary.

IP Logged

somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Sep 20th, 2017 at 9:39am
Print Post  
Quote:
That's another thing with VIP: I'd feel the need to play compulsively, so as to get my money's worth. When buying adventure packs, I know that I can return to them whenever I want (before DDO closes down, at least) and try to enjoy the content at my own pace..

This is very true. When my sub dropped I took a nice 6 month or so break. Came back a few weeks ago, feeling refreshed, feeling like I WANTED to play, not feeling like I HAD TO play because I was paying for something. And I've found I enjoy the game much more that way.

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #22 - Sep 20th, 2017 at 9:54am
Print Post  
Quote:
I think I've spent around $200-$250 on DDO in my entire 7-year career of playing the game, and all of that was spent towards TP, not VIP. If I had gone VIP, that would've been ~$700 by comparison, and I wouldn't even be taking advantage of it most of the time, since I tend to take long breaks.

If you had gone VIP for 7 years, then you would have paid less than $9 for 20-40 hours of entertainment each month.  That's a Netflix level of a good deal.

If a $15/month sub requires financial analysis about whether you can afford it or not, stop playing the fucking game and go improve your job marketability instead.  FFS, $15 is the cost of a decent lunch or cheap dinner.

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #23 - Sep 20th, 2017 at 10:29am
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Sep 20th, 2017 at 9:54am:
If you had gone VIP for 7 years, then you would have paid less than $9 for 20-40 hours of entertainment each month.  That's a Netflix level of a good deal.

If a $15/month sub requires financial analysis about whether you can afford it or not, stop playing the fucking game and go improve your job marketability instead.  FFS, $15 is the cost of a decent lunch or cheap dinner.

This is sort of the place I am at now...

I was absolutely in Noamimeo's camp for most of my 7 years or so of DDO, and still am, but I will likely go VIP in future, if only short term.

I am a raging alto-holic and the +10% XP and Elite/Reaper open are golden for all my 1st life alts, some of whom haven't taken an ED, they've been gathering dust so long.

But like Carpone says, it's like, $9 USD a month for 20-40 (or more) hours of entertainment. In my heyday, I'd log 20 hours in a weekend.

That's VERY good return on value for entertainment, since a fucking Happy Meal is like, $7 these days.

I still think it's bullshit VIP can't buy the packs though...  Sad 

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #24 - Sep 20th, 2017 at 10:39am
Print Post  
Metal-Beast wrote on Sep 20th, 2017 at 10:29am:
I still think it's bullshit VIP can't buy the packs though...  Sad 

That might change. Check out DDOCast 488.

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint