Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Warlock Equipment? (Read 4766 times)
Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Warlock Equipment?
Oct 31st, 2017 at 3:53am
Print Post  
Trying to organize my gear.  I know I'll need my basics (boosts to CHR, CON, and INT, healing amp, sheltering, plus a ton of defensive blue augments) but where do I need to direct my priorities as far as spell bonuses?

From what I can tell my options are:

Spell sight
Spell power (Corrosion?)
Wizardry
Spell Critical: spell lore
Spell power: potency
Spell casting focuses
Spell casting: spell penetration

Are any not worth it that I can cross off the list (because that would help a ton if I could drop a couple)?  And which need to be my top priorities?  Thanks.

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Re: Warlock Equipment?
Reply #1 - Oct 31st, 2017 at 6:43pm
Print Post  
Still hoping someone replies.  While waiting, a few more questions.

Ok, so if I'm holding a weapon, I still get the bonuses even if I'm not using it? 

And where does ghost touch come in?  Will augmenting a weapon with ghost touch let me hit reapers?

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Oct 31st, 2017 at 8:29pm
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Oct 31st, 2017 at 3:53am:
Spell sight
Spell power (Corrosion?)
Wizardry
Spell Critical: spell lore acid for GOO and radiance for the utterdark enhancement
Spell power: potency
Spell casting focuses  necro and enchant. if you can fit in insightful conjuration for Evard's and insightful evocation for your pacts' blasts and burst dc
Spell casting: spell penetration

prr/mrr. Ghostly and dodge items. charisma items. 

Skoodge wrote on Oct 31st, 2017 at 6:43pm:
And where does ghost touch come in?  Will augmenting a weapon with ghost touch let me hit reapers?

Yes, but you will never melee as a warlock.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #3 - Nov 1st, 2017 at 12:09pm
Print Post  
If you're not doing utterdark blast to consolidate all your offense to radiance, just go with a pansophic circlet instead of trying to gear for multiple flavors.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #4 - Nov 1st, 2017 at 4:14pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Nov 1st, 2017 at 12:09pm:
If you're not doing utterdark blast to consolidate all your offense to radiance, just go with a pansophic circlet instead of trying to gear for multiple flavors.

Sigh.  I realized today I'm going to need to do some farming with my epic barb to create a warlock farmer ><

No way I'm using the collectables (and green slotted items) to create gear sets for levels 5/10/15/20/25.  So a list of high priority items to get the toon through heroics would be appreciated Wink

Edit - I forgot about Rubbins list.  Much as I despise the thought of grinding slavers again, it's probably the quickest route.
« Last Edit: Nov 1st, 2017 at 6:12pm by Skoodge »  

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #5 - Nov 5th, 2017 at 4:31pm
Print Post  
Quickest route wasn't exactly quick but should have enough ings now. 

Before I gimp the gear (which I'll be making in the next day or so) I'm going for 3 crafted slavers pieces.  If I understand it right, after putting Necro focus and insightful necro focus on the googles and insightful impulse on my gloves, I'll have 3 tier two slots and 1 tier three slots to work with.

Tier two I can have two spell lores and one spell power, or two spell powers and one spell lore.

Tier three (if I take spellcraft and spell pen - which I'll only need spell pen till level 15 when I'll have it on an item, so I could probably drop it if needed) I'll have at least one spot for spell focus.

Dumb it down for me (seriously, putting this together has given me a headache)

What are my best options for my 3 tier two slots for a Goo warlock.

And should I just go for enchant for my secondary focus, or would it be better to drop spell pen for levels 6-14 and take a third focus?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Nov 6th, 2017 at 6:26pm
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Nov 5th, 2017 at 4:31pm:
should I just go for enchant for my secondary focus, or would it be better to drop spell pen for levels 6-14 and take a third focus?

At lower levels enchantment focus does more for me due to command and charm coming in way before the first instakill spells. Fear and control/command undead are like the other early necro spells. Keep spell pen because a lot of random heroic trash just has SR... There will be content where your spell pen will not work even with the feats, class enhancements, and gear. Luckily there isn't a lot of that content or you can go get the wiz/fvs lives, and reaper ap. 

Skoodge wrote on Nov 5th, 2017 at 4:31pm:
I'll have 3 tier two slots and 1 tier three slots to work with.

Not following you here. Slavers gear is prefix/suffix/extra/extra. there are no tiers. You can save some slots by using slavers for your pact damage and pact lore(acid/acid lore on GOO) until level 15 or so when you can slot more spell power. Grab Q Charisma on any slavers crafted item. You can get the toee orb for more crit chance for your burst/blasts.

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #7 - Nov 7th, 2017 at 3:29am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Nov 6th, 2017 at 6:26pm:
Not following you here. Slavers gear is prefix/suffix/extra/extra. there are no tiers. You can save some slots by using slavers for your pact damage and pact lore(acid/acid lore on GOO) until level 15 or so when you can slot more spell power. Grab Q Charisma on any slavers crafted item. You can get the toee orb for more crit chance for your burst/blasts.

Right now what I'm looking at -

Boots
Dex
Spell lore or Spell Power
Spell craft
Q CHR

Belt
Wizardry
Spell lore or Spell Power
Spell Focus
Q Con

Bracers
Wis
Spell Lore or Spell Power
Spell Pen
Q MRR

So the questions were, if I have necro as my spell focus on my googles, which spell focus should be my secondary on my belt?  Answer - enchantment (tyvm).

If I understand it correct, I need acid/corrosion for lore and pact damage, which leaves one slot open that can be either lore or pact damage.  What should I be taking there?  Impulse?  Radiance? 

This would all be easier if there was a slavers planner that actually listed these things since I'm still learning which terms go with which categories.  From your answer to my other questions, I think the answer is radiance, right?  Fuck it, we're probably going to go for radiance.

Edit - Wait, I have insightful impulse listed...haven't pulled the rod of mythant yet.  So I really need to find an impulse item if I'm going to slot radiance...
« Last Edit: Nov 7th, 2017 at 3:41am by Skoodge »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Nov 7th, 2017 at 3:46am
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Nov 7th, 2017 at 3:29am:
So the questions were, if I have necro as my spell focus on my googles, which spell focus should be my secondary on my belt?  Answer - enchantment (tyvm).

If I understand it correct, I need acid/corrosion for lore and pact damage, which leaves one slot open that can be either lore or pact damage.  What should I be taking there?  Impulse?  Radiance? 

This would all be easier if there was a slavers planner that actually listed these things since I'm still learning which terms go with which categories.  From your answer to my other questions, I think the answer is radiance, right?  Fuck it, we're probably going to go for radiance.

Replace every instance of impulse in the gear set with radiance. Using Utterdark enhancement to convert everything into evil(radiance) dmg. You're going ES Aura+Blaster and you should consolidate everything into light damage. The impulse gear set up is to save ap for dc based builds that do not aura or burst. Get a Pansophic Circlet and you no longer need to slot pact power and the only non-light/pact thing warlocks can do damage with is Evard's using force, which Circlet will also cover. You would only need to get pact lore. Enchantment secondary can be covered with Shimmer cloak ( also your spell pen item ), and Brazenbrand ring ( covers striding, ins dodge, and ins evo 2 ).

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #9 - Nov 7th, 2017 at 2:18pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Nov 7th, 2017 at 3:46am:
Replace every instance of impulse in the gear set with radiance. Using Utterdark enhancement to convert everything into evil(radiance) dmg. You're going ES Aura+Blaster and you should consolidate everything into light damage. The impulse gear set up is to save ap for dc based builds that do not aura or burst. Get a Pansophic Circlet and you no longer need to slot pact power and the only non-light/pact thing warlocks can do damage with is Evard's using force, which Circlet will also cover. You would only need to get pact lore. Enchantment secondary can be covered with Shimmer cloak ( also your spell pen item ), and Brazenbrand ring ( covers striding, ins dodge, and ins evo 2 ).

All very good information and just in time before I started actually crafting my gear.  Thanks Cheesy

So, should I not be using the soul eater tree at all then?  I only opened it up because everyone (and everyone who isn't here tends to be an idiot) keeps rattling on about the cone damage. 

Can't say I'm impressed or really liking cone so far (though there's a good chance I'm fucking it up).  The range seems much shorter and I don't think the damage is higher than the regular blast either.

I've got the slavers orb and brazenband.  I've ran memoirs about 50 million fucking times but haven't pulled the headpiece yet (I've hit ransack once already).

No luck on the rod either and I can't get shimmer (don't have the pack).  I'm looking at putting con, insightful con and sheltering on a ring and chr, insightful chr and dodge on a cloak. 

Right now I'm planning on putting int, resistance and insightful MRR on a helm - I can easily replace two with slightly lower augments if I pull the fucking circlet (or maybe I can switch the slavers wis for int, depending which has a higher plus in the augment at level 14 - I'll have to check).

That really just leaves the weapon.  If I don't need the rod for the impulse, what's a better weapons for my build?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Nov 7th, 2017 at 2:24pm
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Nov 7th, 2017 at 2:18pm:
what's a better weapons for my build?

radiance+radiance lore item. the mines ( get the mines cos items op af ) also has a unique dagger with quality spell pen 1.  And it has 3 illusion, 2 insightful illusion dc. 3 more dc on PK for GOO versions.

before I started actually crafting my gear.

Put it off until ravenloft. will need to redo all gear sets then anyway.
« Last Edit: Nov 7th, 2017 at 2:26pm by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #11 - Nov 8th, 2017 at 6:56am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Nov 7th, 2017 at 2:24pm:
Put it off until ravenloft. will need to redo all gear sets then anyway.

Won't matter that much for me now with heroic, and this set should be more than good enough for a farming toon.

Seriously, thanks for helping me through the learning curve on this.  It's starting to make sense.

Now for the clean up.

Looks like I'll have my elemental resistances taken care of with my tree, so that's going to free up a ton of slots for me.  I know I have to get water breathing, blindness immunity and FF slotted in there somewhere with all the blue augments but -

Do warlocks have fear immunity?  I want to say I saw that in there somewhere, but can't remember if it was in a tree (or the tree I opened up when I shouldn't have), or was it blindness immunity that I saw?  Do I need a fear immunity aug?

What about poison and disease?  Are they covered with the class?  Or should I throw some augments in there if I have open slots?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Nov 8th, 2017 at 9:05am
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Nov 8th, 2017 at 6:56am:
Do warlocks have fear immunity?

ES core level 3.

What about poison and disease?

just take it like a man!

water breathing

potions.

FF

there is also the spell and the ES lv 18 core.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #13 - Nov 8th, 2017 at 2:11pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Nov 8th, 2017 at 9:05am:
potions.

Rubbinns wrote on Nov 8th, 2017 at 9:05am:
there is also the spell and the ES lv 18 core.

You seriously underestimate how lazy I can be.  Given the choice between slotting it once vs doing it every quest (or even once every 5 quests), I'm going to go for slotting it once every time Tongue

IP Logged

Demoyn
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Nov 16th, 2017 at 3:50pm
Print Post  
So, should I not be using the soul eater tree at all then?  I only opened it up because everyone (and everyone who isn't here tends to be an idiot) keeps rattling on about the cone damage. 

Can't say I'm impressed or really liking cone so far (though there's a good chance I'm fucking it up).  The range seems much shorter and I don't think the damage is higher than the regular blast either.

The range is a lot further than it looks.  The thing that makes cone good is that it can hit everything whereas chain only hits three things at once.  I used to do chain, but since switching to cone I'll never go back.  The best thing about cone isn't even a combat thing... it's that destroying barrels isn't annoying with cone like it is with chain.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint