Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) ranged and warlock nerfs (Read 20797 times)
Hostyle
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Re: ranged and warlock nerfs
Reply #100 - Dec 7th, 2017 at 10:17pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns you play on Cannith?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #101 - Dec 7th, 2017 at 10:30pm
Print Post  
Hostyle wrote on Dec 7th, 2017 at 10:17pm:
Rubbinns you play on Cannith?

orien

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Skrilla
Puppy Farmer

Reply #102 - Dec 7th, 2017 at 10:55pm
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Dec 7th, 2017 at 6:14am:
Correct me if I am wrong but you are one of those r1 heroic whateverpletionist types, right ?
We all have fun our way but the above statement is just wrong. Superb ( and I mean really top notch party member or two ) damage is mandatory.

Actually. Im doing much higher than r1. Sorry you have low dcs and have never charmed a reaper or champs. Or intakilled anything... I know it doesnt sound possible but they do lots of damage.. i dont make vids but watch this... Cheesy

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LStw2FzrhIk Shocked Shocked Roll Eyes Tongue

IP Logged

Jelly_Muffin
Stormreaver Piker

Just say fuckoff!

Reply #103 - Dec 8th, 2017 at 7:46am
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Dec 7th, 2017 at 6:14am:
Correct me if I am wrong but you are one of those r1 heroic whateverpletionist types, right ?
We all have fun our way but the above statement is just wrong. Superb ( and I mean really top notch party member or two ) damage is mandatory.

Statement isn't wrong at all ...... my tr group is mostly casters with a xbow rogue here and there and we run R6-R10 just fine without the ftr/pal/barb. Like Skrilla says, charm and insta mah nigga  Cool
« Last Edit: Dec 8th, 2017 at 7:47am by Jelly_Muffin »  

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #104 - Dec 8th, 2017 at 8:21am
Print Post  
Wipe's R5 dailies for RXP is solid.  Thanks for posting this vid:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQxamCRXdhU
« Last Edit: Dec 8th, 2017 at 8:27am by Carpone »  

IP Logged

Jelly_Muffin
Stormreaver Piker

Just say fuckoff!

Reply #105 - Dec 8th, 2017 at 11:52am
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Dec 8th, 2017 at 8:21am:
Wipe's R5 dailies for RXP is solid.  Thanks for posting this vid:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQxamCRXdhU

don't give a fuck if it's solid, that works for him and them but don't make one way to be the only way and call bullshit or R1 on others saying something different is all I was getting at

IP Logged

Skrilla
Puppy Farmer

Reply #106 - Dec 8th, 2017 at 6:21pm
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Dec 8th, 2017 at 8:27am:
POS forum software won't update/display this thread properly.  Ignore this.

You can delete posts... Its where the quote button is on the post you've made...

IP Logged

Skrilla
Puppy Farmer

Reply #107 - Dec 8th, 2017 at 6:27pm
Print Post  
R5? Pfft... Grin

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #108 - Dec 8th, 2017 at 7:40pm
Print Post  
Damage scales differently for each type.

melee scales higher than magic or ranged. sneak scales higher than melee. so every build will be wanting to max sneak anyway. sure, dps isn't needed to complete, but if faster times are what you're going for than melee dps is the way to go. for trash insta kills, negs, and vorpals are higher than anything. but for bosses those are either just meh or useless. for heroics the reason why warlocks are so good is because hp thresholds are not what they are in epics but that doesn't mean you shouldn't want melee dps in high skulls just because it's heroic.

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #109 - Dec 8th, 2017 at 10:44pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Dec 1st, 2017 at 12:02pm:
I noticed that something seemed off DPSwise in a Deathwyrm run on live a few days ago.  Until you mentioned this, I had assumed I was just rusty or not remembering the DPS levels properly. 

I haven't been running the shuri as much lately though so I coulbe mistaken but it seemed off enough that I went through all my equipped gear, PL stances, etc. to make sure everything was equipped, turned on and the dex, doubleshot and ranged power numbers were correct.  Didn't find anything out of sorts so who knows.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/492207-A-bug-in-damage-calculation

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/492131-Dps-reduced-for-rangers-bug-or-...

knew something was off on my dojo times.

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #110 - Dec 9th, 2017 at 7:09am
Print Post  
Skrilla wrote on Dec 7th, 2017 at 10:55pm:
Sorry you have low dcs and have never charmed a reaper or champs. Or intakilled anything... I know it doesnt sound possible but they do lots of damage.. i dont make vids but watch this...

I am big fan of those two.
But funny how linking "charm completions" that took 2 or 4 longer than proper party comp has became the universal idiotic answer. Not every encounter can be beaten by charm only.
And I have 102 enchant / 93 necro sorc at cap, having done plenty of r8 -10.
Skrilla wrote on Dec 8th, 2017 at 6:27pm:
R5? Pfft..

Feel free to tell us better "daily rxp".
Can't wait especially for "charm and no damage" parties.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #111 - Dec 9th, 2017 at 10:57am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Dec 8th, 2017 at 10:44pm:

So I'm not paranoid and wasn't just imagining that.  Thanks for posting the links!

What he posted lines up with what I was noticing.   Doubleshot chance seemed way off and not triggering nearly as much as it should have been and the damage did seem to be about half of what I thought I had remembered.  Even with 14 monk levels and 10ks running with 80+ dex, I was only getting 1-3 hits w/ adrenalined sniper shot instead of the usual 3-5.

Now the real question is, how many months/years will it take to get the devs to acknowledge it and fix it?

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #112 - Dec 9th, 2017 at 11:26am
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Dec 9th, 2017 at 7:09am:
I am big fan of those two.
But funny how linking "charm completions" that took 2 or 4 longer than proper party comp has became the universal idiotic answer. Not every encounter can be beaten by charm only.
And I have 102 enchant / 93 necro sorc at cap, having done plenty of r8 -10.
Feel free to tell us better "daily rxp".
Can't wait especially for "charm and no damage" parties.

LOL, yeah.  What everyone neglects to mention when they refer to Rys' and Wizza's solo/duo R10 charm / cc+ranged completions is that they have quite a few deaths and it takes noticeably longer.

Personally, I'll take 20-45 minute R5-R10 completions and minimal deaths with a balanced group over that sort of fuckery all day long.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #113 - Dec 9th, 2017 at 2:44pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Dec 9th, 2017 at 10:57am:
Now the real question is, how many months/years will it take to get the devs to acknowledge it and fix it?

never. i imagine the repeater doubleshot penalty and reaper ranged scaling "leaked" into throwers.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #114 - Dec 9th, 2017 at 6:07pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Dec 9th, 2017 at 10:57am:

If they're looking to step up and back their claim that they're actually different from Turbine, this seems like an excellent opportunity.

It is a lot easier to sit back and just say shit, though. Not criticizing; just jealous. 'Be nice if somebody'd pay us to shitpost, too.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #115 - Dec 9th, 2017 at 6:44pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Dec 9th, 2017 at 6:07pm:
Not criticizing; just jealous. 'Be nice if somebody'd pay us to shitpost, too.

I'd be on the forbes list

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #116 - Dec 10th, 2017 at 3:18am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Dec 9th, 2017 at 2:44pm:
never. i imagine the repeater doubleshot penalty and reaper ranged scaling "leaked" into throwers.

The thing is, it is apparently affected bows, too.   That post on the mobos referenced a bow.  As if archers didn't already suck enough, lol.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 
Send TopicPrint