Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Zergalicious - Pure 20 Monk LD VKF Thrower DPS (Read 55027 times)
Sergod
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Zergalicious - Pure 20 Monk LD VKF Thrower DPS
Dec 25th, 2017 at 11:24pm
Print Post  
This build is made to take advantage of the base damage of the new shuriken, combined with high melee power from prowess and VKF to use melee power instead of ranged. It uses LD for the crit range and multiplier, along with for blizt. The result is absolutely atrocious DPS, rivaling that of a shintao monk, but at range.

Pure 20 Monk
Lawful Neutral
Elf

Starting Stats

Str - 11
Dex- 20
Con- 12
Int- 16
Wis- 9
Cha- 8

Skils
Hide
UMD
Balance
Concentration
Heal
Listen
Spot
Search
1 rank Tumble
9 ranks Spellcraft

Feats

Level 1   : Point Blank Shot
Level 1(M):Shuriken Expertise
Level 2(M): Power Attack
Level 3   : Sneak of Shadows
Level 6   : Precise Shot
Level 6(M):10K Stars
Level 9   : Rapid Shot
Level 12 : Improved Critical
Level 15 : Improved Precise Shot
Level 18 : Completionist
Level 21 : Overwhelming Critical
Level 24 : Improved Martial Arts
Level 26 : Epic Skill Focus Hide
Level 27 : Blinding Speed
Level 28 : Doubleshot
Level 29 : Harbringer of Chaos
Level 30 : Combat Archery
Level 30 : Scion of the Ethereal Plane

Enhancements

Elf

Elven Accuracy 3/3
Elven Dex 2/2

Ninja Spy

Basic Ninja Training
Advanced Ninja Training
Shadow Veil
Diversion
Ninja Master
Impending Doom
Stealthy 3/3
Sneak Attack Training 4/4
Acrobatic 3/3
Poison Exploit
Agility 3/3
Poisoned Soul
Sting of the Ninja
Dexterity 2/2
Wave of Despair
No Mercy 3/3
Deadly Striker

Henshin Mystic

Riddle of Fire
Ki Bolt
Sounding Staff
Incinerating Wave
Henshin Staff Training 2/2
Negotiator 3/3
Way of the Patient Tortoise
Contemplation 3/3
Embrace the Void 3/3
Dexterity 2/2
Focus

Vistani Knife Fighter

Knife Expertise
Undead Hunter
Mist Stalker I
Acrobatic 1/3
Weapon Versatility

Harper Agent

Agent of Good
Harper Enchantment
Traveler's Toughness 2/3
Know the Angles 3/3

Epic Destiny

Legendary Dreadnought

Extra Action Boost 3/3
Con 1/1
Improved Power Attack
Power Boost 3/3
Haste Boost 3/3
Critical Damage 3/3
Advancing Blows
Devastating Critical
Pulverizer
Master's Blizt Resistance

Gear

TBH still working it out completely

Damage Screenshot (still missing a lot of gear)

https://imgur.com/a/ktLut
« Last Edit: Dec 28th, 2017 at 2:30am by Sergod »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Re: Zergalicious - Pure 20 Monk LD VKF Thrower DPS
Reply #1 - Dec 26th, 2017 at 8:19am
Print Post  
Good build. It's like the prowess monks, very boosts hungry. Same as the fusilade builds as well which are boost dependant. You could also do the same with fusilade builds as it is an action boost for prowess. mech tier 5, be tier 4, henshin core 3, knife fighter for weapon versatility and using great xbow. They should be coming in at around low 20s on red named kobold tests. In LD and that is impressive considering it's a xbow build. Use rapid shot before you 10k for the extra 20 dshot. Even easier on the fusilade builds as it doesnt require getting back into stance.

The monk builds with prowess should also be using rapid attack at the cost of 3 ap from henshin. Symb and marty are spending 14 ap in hen and should just drop it to 11 and get that 20 dstrike. I tried explaining this to marty, but something seemed lost in translation. my diplomacy skills are probably lacking.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Sergod
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Dec 26th, 2017 at 10:24am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Dec 26th, 2017 at 8:19am:
Good build. It's like the prowess monks, very boosts hungry. Same as the fusilade builds as well which are boost dependant. You could also do the same with fusilade builds as it is an action boost for prowess. mech tier 5, be tier 4, henshin core 3, knife fighter for weapon versatility and using great xbow. They should be coming in at around low 20s on red named kobold tests. In LD and that is impressive considering it's a xbow build. Use rapid shot before you 10k for the extra 20 dshot. Even easier on the fusilade builds as it doesnt require getting back into stance.

The monk builds with prowess should also be using rapid attack at the cost of 3 ap from henshin. Symb and marty are spending 14 ap in hen and should just drop it to 11 and get that 20 dstrike. I tried explaining this to marty, but something seemed lost in translation. my diplomacy skills are probably lacking. 

you need to actually respond to me on discord Wink ill pass along the message to symbiiont. you can use rapid shot/attack without a dagger? and it puts 10k on a cooldown it says?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Dec 26th, 2017 at 12:08pm
Print Post  
Sergod wrote on Dec 26th, 2017 at 10:24am:
you need to actually respond to me on discord Wink ill pass along the message to symbiiont. you can use rapid shot/attack without a dagger? and it puts 10k on a cooldown it says?

hah. havent logged in on discord since your invite. will do, my bad.

you need a dagger. it uncenters you. but macro dagger/rapid/wraps/stance. 2 seconds to complete, so is 8 seconds of 20 dstrike every 10 seconds. they could try quick strike in henshin, but im not sure that buff stays and works without having qstaff always on. i know it wont work in wolf/tree form. rapid attack does, though. for now, at least ;p

10K+rapid throw use is tricky. you have to rapid throw before 10k. only. used this way it does not put 10k on cooldown. same macro as above, but use throwing dagger. do not rapid throw while 10k is on. it will delete the 10k buff off your buff bar. rapid throw+ manyshot can be used in any which way you like. it does not delete the buff and does not put it on cooldown.

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

JK_Seren
Korthos Resident

Suck my enchilada.

Reply #4 - Dec 26th, 2017 at 6:42pm
Print Post  
I tested weapon versatility before last hotfix and it didn't work for me, wasn't changing ranged for melee power...

IP Logged

Sergod
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Dec 26th, 2017 at 11:07pm
Print Post  
JK_Seren wrote on Dec 26th, 2017 at 6:42pm:
I tested weapon versatility before last hotfix and it didn't work for me, wasn't changing ranged for melee power...

its working.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #6 - Dec 27th, 2017 at 12:02pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Dec 26th, 2017 at 12:08pm:
hah. havent logged in on discord since your invite. will do, my bad.

you need a dagger. it uncenters you. but macro dagger/rapid/wraps/stance. 2 seconds to complete, so is 8 seconds of 20 dstrike every 10 seconds. they could try quick strike in henshin, but im not sure that buff stays and works without having qstaff always on. i know it wont work in wolf/tree form. rapid attack does, though. for now, at least ;p

10K+rapid throw use is tricky. you have to rapid throw before 10k. only. used this way it does not put 10k on cooldown. same macro as above, but use throwing dagger. do not rapid throw while 10k is on. it will delete the 10k buff off your buff bar. rapid throw+ manyshot can be used in any which way you like. it does not delete the buff and does not put it on cooldown.

this is awesome news for throwers

IP Logged

Sergod
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Dec 28th, 2017 at 2:30am
Print Post  
upated for more dps

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #8 - Dec 28th, 2017 at 1:37pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Dec 26th, 2017 at 8:19am:

I think 8f/8m/6r in LD might be in play again, especially with Vistani boosts, and and the Action Boost based bonuses. Also, maybe 12 Fighter 8 Monk. Not sure I'll ever really play DDO again, but that's what I would try if I did. Obviously this pure monk is very good too.
« Last Edit: Dec 28th, 2017 at 1:38pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Dec 28th, 2017 at 2:44pm
Print Post  
the pure monk sergod has is better dps than the standard shuris. sustained through ld and attack/mp boosts so it doesnt really need to shrine to abuse prowess set. i would tr into it, but im too lazy, so...

IP Logged

Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Dare to tempt your fates?
Everything has a price.

Reply #10 - Dec 28th, 2017 at 2:58pm
Print Post  
This build is flawed by line 3.. one cannot simply be an Elven Monk.. its atrocious.. kill it with fire!!

IP Logged

Sergod
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Dec 28th, 2017 at 4:28pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Dec 28th, 2017 at 1:37pm:
I think 8f/8m/6r in LD might be in play again, especially with Vistani boosts, and and the Action Boost based bonuses. Also, maybe 12 Fighter 8 Monk. Not sure I'll ever really play DDO again, but that's what I would try if I did. Obviously this pure monk is very good too.

Pure beats the multiclasses for DPS. There's several sources of crit range and multiplier on pure, and these are king at these base damage and MP levels, and scale retardedly well. Pure monk does range, and multiplier, best. There's a lot of synergies currently that pure monk takes the most advantage of. It also gets all of the 10k double shots. The run speed and abundant step  are also beyond clutch. I looked at all the different builds and pure is king. Y'all can play your 8/6/6 builds. They're cute. I'll continue to crush them in DPS Wink
« Last Edit: Dec 28th, 2017 at 6:50pm by Sergod »  

IP Logged

Sergod
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Dec 28th, 2017 at 4:29pm
Print Post  
Vendui wrote on Dec 28th, 2017 at 2:58pm:
This build is flawed by line 3.. one cannot simply be an Elven Monk.. its atrocious.. kill it with fire!!

Increased SA and PBS range. I find elf to be better than halfling.
« Last Edit: Dec 28th, 2017 at 4:33pm by Sergod »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #13 - Dec 28th, 2017 at 5:04pm
Print Post  
Sergod wrote on Dec 28th, 2017 at 4:28pm:
Pure beats the multiclasses for DPS. There's several crit range and multiplier are king at these base damage and MP levels, and scale retardedly well. Pure monk does range, and multiplier, best. There's a lot of synergies currently that pure monk takes the most advantage of. It also gets all of the 10k double shots. The run speed and abundant step  are also beyond clutch. I looked at all the different builds and pure is king. Y'all can play your 8/6/6 builds. They're cute. I'll continue to crush them in DPS Wink

this build is based on theorycrafting and ideas from at least 5 different people with published shuri builds in this forum for the last 3 months or so that release notes have been available (Rubbins, Ulysses, 5 Foot, Digimonk, myself). If I'm not mistaken, last month you came in here looking for a pure build because you didn't know how to Shuri.

Sergod wrote on Dec 1st, 2017 at 10:56am:
have an alt on a secondary account thats pure monk...gonna lr to thrower but is human. what extra feat would you take?

Sergod wrote on Dec 2nd, 2017 at 11:10am:
its a random alt on alt acct thats alrdy pure monk. idc about optimal.

You are very welcome, enjoy the build (while it lasts, nerfage is inevitable in the Vistani clickies at least, maybe other areas as well like MP vs RP using a shuriken). If there's anything the devs have basically confirmed recently, it's that they have it out for throwers (even though they don't actually even know how to nerf things very well).

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #14 - Dec 28th, 2017 at 5:05pm
Print Post  
Sergod wrote on Dec 28th, 2017 at 4:29pm:
Increased SA and PBS range. I find elf to be better than halfling.

elf is better than halfing if pure because of the crit threat available in Ninja spy.

IP Logged

Sergod
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Dec 28th, 2017 at 6:29pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Dec 28th, 2017 at 5:04pm:
this build is based on theorycrafting and ideas from at least 5 different people with published shuri builds in this forum for the last 3 months or so that release notes have been available (Rubbins, Ulysses, 5 Foot, Digimonk, myself). If I'm not mistaken, last month you came in here looking for a pure build because you didn't know how to Shuri.

You are very welcome, enjoy the build (while it lasts, nerfage is inevitable in the Vistani clickies at least, maybe other areas as well like MP vs RP using a shuriken). If there's anything the devs have basically confirmed recently, it's that they have it out for throwers (even though they don't actually even know how to nerf things very well).

Cool story bro. Some of us are able to learn things in this game, and adapt to them quickly. Sorry that it takes you months to do what takes me weeks. Being a retard is hard, huh? I play this game, not theory craft.
« Last Edit: Dec 28th, 2017 at 6:52pm by Sergod »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #16 - Dec 28th, 2017 at 7:49pm
Print Post  
Sergod wrote on Dec 28th, 2017 at 6:29pm:
Cool story bro. Some of us are able to learn things in this game, and adapt to them quickly. Sorry that it takes you months to do what takes me weeks. Being a retard is hard, huh? I play this game, not theory craft.

Well this just speaks for itself I don't even need to reply. You seem like a really cool person.

IP Logged

Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Everything has a price.

Reply #17 - Dec 28th, 2017 at 8:31pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Dec 28th, 2017 at 5:04pm:
this build is based on theorycrafting and ideas from at least 5 different people with published shuri builds in this forum for the last 3 months or so that release notes have been available (Rubbins, Ulysses, 5 Foot, Digimonk, myself).

harharharhar wrote on Dec 28th, 2017 at 7:49pm:
Well this just speaks for itself I don't even need to reply. You seem like a really cool person.

You still going on about how you think you invented Shuricannons? An Ola was doing that shit while you were still a contemplation in your daddies mind. Ass?, Mouth?, Down the crack to become a browned stain upon the bedsheets? Alas, he chose to pull out a second too late. Stop feeding us "your" repurposed build, that you never seem to adjust to fit the times. Still running around thinking "your" Fury Stars are the best dps a Shuri can attain.
« Last Edit: Dec 28th, 2017 at 8:32pm by Vendui »  

IP Logged

Sergod
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - Dec 28th, 2017 at 8:37pm
Print Post  
Vendui wrote on Dec 28th, 2017 at 8:31pm:
You still going on about how you think you invented Shuricannons? An Ola was doing that shit while you were still a contemplation in your daddies mind. Ass?, Mouth?, Down the crack to become a browned stain upon the bedsheets? Alas, he chose to pull out a second too late. Stop feeding us "your" repurposed build, that you never seem to adjust to fit the times. Still running around thinking "your" Fury Stars are the best dps a Shuri can attain.

i think harharhar just got shrekt

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #19 - Dec 28th, 2017 at 9:16pm
Print Post  
Vendui wrote on Dec 28th, 2017 at 8:31pm:

nope, I think this build is really really strong, I already said that. One of the first comments in the thread actually.

But previous to now LD shuri builds were quite a bit lower DPS, but obviously this has changed with nerfs and also now the ability to abuse Melee Power and the new set. Except for very long quests, which aren't really even meta right now from what I can tell, the burst of a fury build + manyshot is still probably a better build for getting things done. Everything that is bringing up this pure 20 build in LD is also buffing Fury builds (more doubleshot sources, MP to missile damage, +75 MP boost from set, Henshin core MP, Vistani, etc).

Like the difference between 8/6/6 and 14/6 favoring the higher doubleshot of the 14/6 due to 10k pre-u37, the build that can get the most doubleshot is likely going to be the winner (and/or significantly higher dex up to 100). That, and the fact that pure monk can get 1 more crit threat, up to 5 SA dice, 30-60% more doubleshot during 10k. Of course, the lack of any active attacks also means no option to take Fury when appropriate versus an easy switch between LD and Fury as needed with a split build. Also, the doubleshot may now be eclipsed in the damage equation by base damage and MP, given Dex is so high and there's no consideration for regen'ing Adrenalines (which skew the damage quickly) when you run in LD.

I'm working on an updated DPS spreadsheet for 8/6/6, 14/6, 12/8, and pure 20 right now. Obviously calcs in a spreadsheet are only as good as averages, but they're a start. 5 Foot comes up with these calcs way faster than I do I should just rip his off but I"m trying something new anyway.

I don't have any real dog in the fight at this point, I'm not even playing. If pure 20 is clearly superior up against updated versions of the multiclasses, so be it. Lord knows Turbine has been trying to push pure Monks up for a while, they haven't nerfed them like they have AA for splits. If anything, they're all probably more or less equal at this point, if not a slight advantage toward being pure in LD simply due to the lack of burst damage and favoring not having active attacks in exchange for doubleshot during 10k.

IP Logged

Sergod
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Dec 28th, 2017 at 11:36pm
Print Post  
Its actually sad the amount of a laughing stock you are harharhahr. The amount of tells/messages I am getting loling at you is way too damn high.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #21 - Dec 29th, 2017 at 12:36am
Print Post  
Sergod wrote on Dec 28th, 2017 at 11:36pm:
Its actually sad the amount of a laughing stock you are harharhahr. The amount of tells/messages I am getting loling at you is way too damn high.

You're a super cool guy with lots of super cool friends I bet.

So 8m/6f/6r doesn't look like too good in a match up in LD
12/8 looks a bit more even, probably is not far behind in DPS even in LD. Based on AB usage, might pull ahead in longer quests. Also the 30% doubleshot loss from Monk levels is almost made up by the 11 Dex gained from power surge and helf Dex boost. 
14/6 like 12/8 looks decently matched, but has abundant step.

img safe free image host

Also none of these builds take sting of the ninja or count the vorpal from Ninja Spy, but those are sort of whatever. I standby my earlier assumption that pure 20 Monk as you have laid out in this build is better in LD than the multi splits if you don't think the active attacks and increased SA damage uptime is valuable, or extra AB will be make a difference.

I discount crit threat and multi a bit in LD builds because for one thing so much damage is from Damage procs and SA combined with the fact that active attacks also increase crit profile and SA damage on the other builds when used regularly. Also, all splits can use Manyshot 

I think your pure build compares extremely favorably to any other thrower build in LD.
« Last Edit: Dec 29th, 2017 at 12:37am by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Everything has a price.

Reply #22 - Dec 29th, 2017 at 12:46am
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Dec 29th, 2017 at 12:36am:
Waaaaah.... "My" Builds Are Better....
Waaaaah

ftfy

IP Logged

Sergod
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #23 - Dec 29th, 2017 at 3:42am
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Dec 29th, 2017 at 12:36am:
You're a super cool guy with lots of super cool friends I bet.

So 8m/6f/6r doesn't look like too good in a match up in LD
12/8 looks a bit more even, probably is not far behind in DPS even in LD. Based on AB usage, might pull ahead in longer quests. Also the 30% doubleshot loss from Monk levels is almost made up by the 11 Dex gained from power surge and helf Dex boost. 
14/6 like 12/8 looks decently matched, but has abundant step.

https://preview.ibb.co/kXfThG/big.jpg
img safe free image host

Also none of these builds take sting of the ninja or count the vorpal from Ninja Spy, but those are sort of whatever. I standby my earlier assumption that pure 20 Monk as you have laid out in this build is better in LD than the multi splits if you don't think the active attacks and increased SA damage uptime is valuable, or extra AB will be make a difference.

I discount crit threat and multi a bit in LD builds because for one thing so much damage is from Damage procs and SA combined with the fact that active attacks also increase crit profile and SA damage on the other builds when used regularly. Also, all splits can use Manyshot 

I think your pure build compares extremely favorably to any other thrower build in LD.

"so much damage is from procs" uh wut? majority of damage is from base damage, except in a raid boss burn environment, and there id still say 1/3-1/2 is base damage. Dude you are completely clueless to this game, as you don't actually play it. Your theory crafting is cool and all, but don't speak it as gospel when you don't play, and don't act like its some super special thing that takes months of math, and only a select few can do it. I've been building top characters, and playing this game at a level that you cant since before you were a froob kid. Go play some more Destiny now.

Also in regards to active attacks.. They are once a second. What about all the other attacks that aren't getting crit profile/multiplier now? If you discount crit profile and multiplier, then you truly have no clue as to how to play this game.
« Last Edit: Dec 29th, 2017 at 3:44am by Sergod »  

IP Logged

GrizzlyBear
Korthos Resident

duh?!

Reply #24 - Dec 29th, 2017 at 8:39am
Print Post  
I have a shuri mule that I use to play before u23.
Drow 12/6/2 wiz/monk/pal.

Last night I did ToEE EH @Lv21,not a easy run but I was able to complete.

Can you guys give some ideas to relocate AP's and be more efficient?

Wish I was not that lazy to TR into pure monk (Im already on TR train with my main).

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13
Send TopicPrint