Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Which is more viable? Thf staff build (Read 2055 times)
bighbytes
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Which is more viable? Thf staff build
Feb 24th, 2018 at 11:35am
Print Post  
Hi which is more viable staff build 2 Monk 7 Rogue 1 FvS or 13 Rogue 6 Monk 1 FvS and how many action points in henshyn and acrobat tree

IP Logged

SpaceGoat
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Re: Which is more viable? Thf staff build
Reply #1 - Feb 25th, 2018 at 1:16pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

DnD
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Feb 26th, 2018 at 9:13am
Print Post  
I think 12 monk 7 rog 1 fvs is more front loaded. Get 2 rog 1 fvs first for quarterstaff attack speed, haste boost and divine might, then 12 monk and use air stance. You will kill things fast.

IP Logged

Symbiiont
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Feb 26th, 2018 at 9:36am
Print Post  
bighbytes wrote on Feb 24th, 2018 at 11:35am:
Hi which is more viable staff build 2 Monk 7 Rogue 1 FvS or 13 Rogue 6 Monk 1 FvS and how many action points in henshyn and acrobat tree

Although both of these builds are extremely strong, I personally favor 13/6/1; having 8+ levels of rogue grants Improved Uncanny Dodge, which can boost your dodge to over 90% at even heroics (with a decent reaper point investment to meet dodge cap), which is invaluable when fighting most types of champions or a bad pull of reapers. You also receive 3 more sneak dice and a longer Shiv duration, which allows you to relay a greater amount of sneak damage over a longer period of time to red-named bosses. On top of this, you can utilize Opportunist (more fortification bypass and doublestrike, extremely effective versus undead, especially as a rogue) and Defensive Roll, which helps you avoid irritating one-shots, or allows you to (usually) take one more hit at low health before you die. You do lose movement speed and abundant step; an optional investment into Thief Acrobat T5s offsets a good amount of this, with additional dodge cap and defensive benefits - at the loss of a lot of melee power and special attacks, should you prize survivability of that caliber over a bit more dps.

The difference between the two comes mostly down to utility; since my personal preference is efficient versatility that compliments your character's aptitude in extremely dangerous situations, I'd ultimately recommend 13/6/1 - but neither of these splits are a wrong choice.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #4 - Feb 26th, 2018 at 3:17pm
Print Post  
I'm thinking a 20th level character is more viable than a 10th level character.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint