Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) level 16 'Lock (Read 5071 times)
ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

level 16 'Lock
May 28th, 2018 at 8:11am
Print Post  
Ok.. finally finished with my damn Racials... I'm full Archie Bunker now... Just turned 10, and going to pull primarily enlightened with support from other trees as a 'Lock.

Drow, started maxed (20) in Int and Cha, all level-ups to Con. My plan is to stick with what equipment I've currently got and do a full craft for level 16. I'm probably just going to wield the Barovian Scepter for the boosts. Fey, directed blasts. Here's what I have planned

... any suggestions or improvements appreciated

Prefix                      Suffix                  Extra
Goggles                  Intelligence            Ins Evocation      Ins Intelligence

Helm                         Wisdom            Spell Focus Mastery      Ins Wisdom

Necklace                    Heal                  Radiance            Ins Phys Sheltering

Trinket                  Strength            True Seeing            Ins Strength

Cloak                  Charisma            Spell Sight            Ins Charisma

Ring 1                  Constitution            Resonance            Ins Constitution

Gloves                  Spell Resistance            Spell Lore            Ins Spell Resistance

Boots                  Dodge                  Sheltering            Ins Fortification

Ring 2                  Perform            Dexterity            Ins Dexterity

Bracers                  Spell Saves            Ins Mag Sheltering      Ins Spell Sight

Armor                  Fortification            Heal Amp            Parry      
(Mithril Full Plate)
Shield                  Devotion            Wizardry            Ins Deadly
(Mithril Large)

Augments:(need) Vitality(w), False Life(b), Blindness Immunity(y), Fear Immunity(y), Deathblock(y), Featherfall(y), Water Breathing(y), Spell Agility(b), Armored Agility(b)

(want) Resistance(b), Protection(b), Natural Armor(b)

The limitations for augment placement makes the (want) list irrelevant, but oh well. Also, crafting a Trinket means it joins the Shield and Armor as a 'no-go' for Augments. 9 pieces to work with, and can easily swing a few skill enhancers in the mix as I have a few double augment items.

Discuss!

IP Logged

crunch
Stormreaver Piker

Re: level 16 'Lock
Reply #1 - May 29th, 2018 at 1:23am
Print Post  
why would you start with 20 int on a warlock?
why would you level up in con?
why this over-obsession with crafted gear?
why no belt?
why no slaver's set?
why no ravenloft set?
why no master's gift?

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - May 29th, 2018 at 6:56am
Print Post  
-skill points

HP to help avoid getting one-shoted in higher level Reapers. Also, isn't PRR linked to Con?

why this over-obsession with crafted gear?
Because I don't have any of the Slaver or Ravenloft gear (yet)

why no belt?
Half asleep when I wrote this up and forgot.. thank you for the reminder

why no slaver's set?
I don't have em

why no ravenloft set?
I don't have em

why no master's gift?
Half asleep when I wrote this up and forgot.. thank you for the reminder

IP Logged

Dickbutt
Titan Demolisher

Richard Butkus

Reply #3 - May 29th, 2018 at 9:40am
Print Post  
ZooperDooper wrote on May 29th, 2018 at 6:56am:
-skill points

HP to help avoid getting one-shoted in higher level Reapers. Also, isn't PRR linked to Con?

The more you put into a stat at character creation, the more each point costs. With your distribution, you get 10 Int, 10 Cha, and 7 Con.

Now, consider if you remove 2 Cha at character creation, use those points for 6 Con, and use 2 level-ups for Cha: you would get 10 Int, 10 Cha, and 11 Con.
This is still an inefficient way to spend the points, but it demonstrates how you can get more out of spending your points differently.

As a rule of thumb, you should only put level-up stats into the stat(s) that you put the most into at character creation.
In my opinion, you should probably go 20 Cha, 16 Con, 16 Int at creation with level-ups into Cha. Unless you really want more skill points.

Also, PRR is in no way linked to Con.
« Last Edit: May 29th, 2018 at 9:56am by Dickbutt »  

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - May 29th, 2018 at 3:41pm
Print Post  
Dickbutt wrote on May 29th, 2018 at 9:40am:
Also, PRR is in no way linked to Con.

RIGHT! Forgot.. it's BAB x (armor type).. REALLY wish Mithral Full Plate didn't have Medium PRR Sad

IP Logged

SpaceGoat
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - May 29th, 2018 at 6:48pm
Print Post  
Then it wouldn’t have the dex  bonus and be Mithral

IP Logged

SpaceGoat
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - May 29th, 2018 at 6:51pm
Print Post  
Some feedback... don’t take it the wrong way...

You picked the one damage type which can be negated by a save, yet you’re taking con at each level up.

You finished all of your racials , so why do you care about level 16 gear now?

Why are you crafting str and insg str?

Why do you need so many skill points? Assuming since you did all the racists you have some decent tomes, do you really need 10+ skill points per level? You don’t even need much umd, so what are you getting?
Spellcraft
Heal
Perform
Intim
Bluff
Diplo?
Balance?
« Last Edit: May 29th, 2018 at 6:57pm by SpaceGoat »  

IP Logged

crunch
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #7 - May 30th, 2018 at 4:54am
Print Post  
I would also recommend not to use Mithral Full Plate as your level 16 armor. Instead, craft on a Spiritcraft Hide, it'll have higher AC, max dex bonus (and dodge cap), can be used by druids and should have a blue slot.

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - May 30th, 2018 at 7:21am
Print Post  
SpaceGoat wrote on May 29th, 2018 at 6:51pm:
You don’t even need much umd, so what are you getting?
Spellcraft
Heal
Perform
Intim
Bluff
Diplo?
Balance?

Yes...  Wink I really enjoy having steady train in skill sets that are helpful to my build.

As for Level 16.. seemed a good point to do some serious farming.. everybody raves about Slavers sets. I don't have a single thing or item for it, have NO idea what it entails, nor how to go about doing it. Last I don't even know what I should be working for.

My post wasn't so much about my build, as to find out potential improvements and ideas for a fleshed out gear set, as well as info on what might be 'optimal' for my tank-'lock'...

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #9 - May 30th, 2018 at 10:39am
Print Post  
The Ravenloft items are super easy to farm and are good from 10-20. I would definitely run a 5-piece adherent set + 3 piece Beacon set. Optimal would be to do a 5-piece slaver on top of that, but you could fill it in with CC instead. (Or I guess you could just do all Ravenloft gear then...)

Goggles: Summoner's Specs
Helmet: CC/Slaver
Necklace: Kindred Pendant
Trinket: CC/Slaver
Cloak: Silverthread/Phasecloak/Scarletscale
Belt: Burnscar
Gloves: Blurfingered
Boots: CC/Slaver
Ring1: CC/Slaver
Ring2: Skulled (or one of 5 others)
Bracers: CC/Slaver
Armor: Noble's Regalia
Quiver: Alacrity
Shield: Mistfallen/Cane/Warsword
Weapon: Barovian Scepter (or whatever)

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - May 30th, 2018 at 12:03pm
Print Post  
Thanks 5... Ill start poking around in Ravenloft when I get home...

Just out of curiosity.. what would you suggest for slaver specs on those slots you suggested? I glanced over some of the 'crafting' for it.. looks like ima need a metric crapton of mats..

IP Logged

SpaceGoat
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - May 30th, 2018 at 12:16pm
Print Post  
Can you clarify what you plan to do with the warlock? Are you going to keep running heroic trs? Are you staying in epics?

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #12 - May 30th, 2018 at 12:25pm
Print Post  
ZooperDooper wrote on May 30th, 2018 at 12:03pm:
Just out of curiosity.. what would you suggest for slaver specs on those slots you suggested?

Sounds like work...just nail down which RL pieces you want to use, then fill in the blanks.

Oh, and there is a strong position for only doing a 3-piece slaver, so that you can get Heal amp (and some other goodies) from CC.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

ramichi
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - May 31st, 2018 at 4:05am
Print Post  
what i am using:
Goggles: GS conc-opp 45hp
Helmet: CC sheltering 14 / spell focus 2 / ins prr 6
Necklace: Kindred Pendant
Cloak: mantle of fury
Belt: Burnscar
Gloves: Blurfingered
Boots: softsole slippers
Ring1: spinneret
Ring2: Skulled (or one of 5 others)
Bracers: mysterious bracers
Armor: Noble's Regalia
Quiver: Alacrity
Shield: Mistfallen/Warsword
Weapon: Barovian Scepter
Trinket CC, swap depending on class:
wiz- INT 6, heal amp 22, ins INT 2
lock/sorc- light/force lore 11, heal amp 22, ins WIS 2
cler/fvs- WIS 6, heal amp 22, ins WIS 2

might not be the best there is but works pretty solid with what i have
PS: thats lvl 10/12 gear not 16 but since you were interrested in RL gear you can just combine it with CC of any lvl above

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Jun 4th, 2018 at 8:58am
Print Post  
ZooperDooper wrote on May 28th, 2018 at 8:11am:
Ok.. finally finished with my damn Racials...
Congratulations.

Just turned 10, and going to pull primarily enlightened with support from other trees as a 'Lock.
Fuck a bunch of aura lock BS. 

Drow, started maxed (20) in Int and Cha, all level-ups to Con.
This is the kind of brain damage that aura lock BS inflicts on people.  Level ups to con...

My plan is to stick with what equipment I've currently got and do a full craft for level 16. I'm probably just going to wield the Barovian Scepter for the boosts.
So you did 30+ lives from 16-20 and never managed to pick up any decent level 16 gear?  How?

Fey, directed blasts.
GOO/Infernal or go home.

Cloak - Shimmer or challenge flamer.  Or both and swap when you're not charming/necro DCing
Helm - Pansophic
Ring - Skullfucker 1000 from ravenloft with a level 16 necro augment in it
other ring - craft your con/ins con here
armor - Outrunner
Belt - Ravenloft burnscar
Boots - GOO challenge boots

The rest you can figure out.  But don't waste your mats crafting wiz/ins wis on your warlock for fucks sake.  Think about your goal, and I hope that it isn't to have the perfect set of level 16 gear, because for what?

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Jun 4th, 2018 at 2:16pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Jun 4th, 2018 at 8:58am:
Cloak - Shimmer or challenge flamer.  Or both and swap when you're not charming/necro DCing *Fey*
Helm - Pansophic *Don't Have*
Ring - Skullfucker 1000 from ravenloft with a level 16 necro augment in it *Fey*
other ring - craft your con/ins con here
armor - Outrunner *Don't Have*
Belt - Ravenloft burnscar *Fey*
Boots - GOO challenge boots *Fey*

The rest you can figure out.  But don't waste your mats crafting wiz/ins wis on your warlock for fucks sake.  Think about your goal, and I hope that it isn't to have the perfect set of level 16 gear, because for what?

Here's what I've more or less settled on, but still open to suggestions:

Goggles - Summoner's Spectacles - Conjuration Focus +3, Insightful Conjuration Focus +2, Spell Penetration III, Quality Mystic Diversion +2, Green Augment Slot (Topaz of Blindlenss Immunity), Adherent of the Mists Set (Heroic)

Helm - (CC) Sheltering+20, Resistance+6, Insightful Fortification+48, Green Augment Slot (Sapphire of Heavy Fortification)

Necklace - Kindred Pendant - Charisma +6, Enchantment Focus +3, Augment Summoning, Insightful Enchantment Focus +2, Yellow Augment Slot (Topaz of Feather Falling), Adherent of the Mists Set (Heroic)

Trinket - Treasure Hunters Spyglass ML16 T3 – Spot+15, Search+15, True Seeing, UMD+3, Exceptional Int+1

Cloak - Phasecloak - Evocation Focus +3, Quality Intelligence +1, Wizardry +112, Intelligence +6, Yellow Augment Slot (Topaz Proof Against Disease+8), Adherent of the Mists Set (Heroic)

**OR**

Cloak - (CC) Spell Resistance+18, Dodge+8%, Insightful Spell Resistance+9, Yellow Augument Slot (Topas of Evocation Focus), Colorless Augment Slot (Diamond of Intelligence+5)

Belt - Silverthread Belt - Enhanced Devotion +77, Enhanced Nullification +77, Healing Lore +11, Void Lore +11, Blue Augment Slot (Sappire of False Life+35), Beacon of Magic Set (Heroic)

Ring1 - Deathwarden - Deathblock, Exceptional Devotion +10, Healing Lore +11, Efficient Metamagic - Empower Healing I, Blue Augment Slot (Sapphire of Protection+5), Adherent of the Mists Set (Heroic)

Gloves - Blurfingered Gloves - Feat: Quick Draw, Lesser Displacement, Efficient Metamagic - Maximize I, Mystic Diversion +9, Blue Augment Slot (Diamond of Dexterity+5), Beacon of Magic Set (Heroic)

Boots - Flightfoot Greaves - Freedom of Movement, Speed +15, Natural Armor +6, Reflex Save +5, Yellow Augment Slot (Topaz Proof Against Poison+8), Adherent of the Mists Set (Heroic)

Ring2 - (CC) Perform+16, Devotion+97, Insightful Physical Sheltering+9, Yellow Augment Slot (Topas of Water Breathing), Colorless Augment Slot (Masters Gift)

Bracers - Mysterious Bracers ML14 - Exceptional Healing Amplification +30, Magical Resistance: +18 Insight, Green Augment Slot (Topas of Fear Immunity), Colorless Augment Slot (Diamond of Vitality+20)

Armor - (CC) Spiritcraft Hide - Constitution+8, Heal Amplification+32, Parrying+3, Blue Augment Slot (Diamond of Strength+5)

Weapon - Barovian's Sceptre - 1.5[1d6], +5 Enhancement Bonus, Potency 46, Insightful Potency 23, Spellsight 12, Insightful Spellsight 6, Red Augment Slot (Radiance+78)

Off Hand - The Mistfallen Orb - +5 Orb Bonus, Insightful Mystic Diversion +4, Insightful Spell Focus Mastery +1, Illusory Death 1, Efficient Metamagic - Empower II, Purple Augment Slot (Resonance+78), Adherent of the Mists Set (Heroic)

Look good? Improvements?

PS: Still need to farm the damn specs.. Mad Tea Party is so godamn long, and no way to cut corners Tongue
« Last Edit: Jun 4th, 2018 at 3:28pm by ZooperDooper »  

IP Logged

SpaceGoat
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Jun 4th, 2018 at 10:00pm
Print Post  
I’m going to say this very slowly... Fey does not exist as an option for heroic warlocks anymore. Ravenloft has two fully stacking fire and acid belts. They don’t have a sonic belt.

Not to mention Fey and level up in to con is a combo...

Also, why do you have devotion slotted in heroics? Are you casting healing spells?

IP Logged

crunch
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #17 - Jun 5th, 2018 at 2:39am
Print Post  
Pansophic Circlet *Don't Have*
Whaaa?

You probably also want Dashing Gloves ML17.

IP Logged

Pseudonym
Titan Demolisher

Reply #18 - Jun 5th, 2018 at 3:41am
Print Post  
I'm truly impressed that so many people are trying to help this guy when he's obviously beyond terrible at DDO.

Personally I'd consider anyone who managed to finish racials without acquiring basic knowledge a lost cause. Fey, max int with level ups in con, no slavers/cannith challenge/garbage ravenloft gear and skip the actually useful stuff? Not to mention that "prr has something to do with con" nonsense that he pulled out of his ass. Seriously, what the fuck.

« Last Edit: Jun 5th, 2018 at 3:43am by Pseudonym »  

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Jun 5th, 2018 at 7:09am
Print Post  
crunch wrote on Jun 5th, 2018 at 2:39am:
Pansophic Circlet *Don't Have*
Whaaa?

You probably also want Dashing Gloves ML17.

Yeahhhhh.. they look pretty tasty.. probably going to have to farm that one too.. probably hit 20 before I can actually acquire it.. but will be good to have for the next contestant on the 'Run for Racials' game..

Thanks!

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Jun 5th, 2018 at 7:12am
Print Post  
Pseudonym wrote on Jun 5th, 2018 at 3:41am:
I'm truly impressed that so many people are trying to help this guy when he's obviously beyond terrible at DDO.

Personally I'd consider anyone who managed to finish racials without acquiring basic knowledge a lost cause. Fey, max int with level ups in con, no slavers/cannith challenge/garbage ravenloft gear and skip the actually useful stuff? Not to mention that "prr has something to do with con" nonsense that he pulled out of his ass. Seriously, what the fuck.

What can I say... I play a couple hours a week, usually after a 12-14 hour day.. I try to squeeze in a bit with some running pals.. brain not always firing on all cylinders. Sorry I'm not as awesome as you, but hey...at least you can say you know SO much more then someone @ an internet game..

IP Logged

Pseudonym
Titan Demolisher

Reply #21 - Jun 5th, 2018 at 1:01pm
Print Post  
ZooperDooper wrote on Jun 5th, 2018 at 7:12am:
What can I say... I play a couple hours a week, usually after a 12-14 hour day.. I try to squeeze in a bit with some running pals.. brain not always firing on all cylinders. Sorry I'm not as awesome as you, but hey...at least you can say you know SO much more then someone @ an internet game..

Regardless of how many hours you play per week, you say you're on what is at least your 34th life. There's no excuse for being on your 34th life and lacking the amount of basic game knowledge that you seem to be lacking. Your vault account was created in 2014. I can only assume that you made a conscious effort to learn as little as possible over the course of what must have been at least 800 hours over multiple years playing this game.

But hey, feel free to pretend that I'm the problem here.
« Last Edit: Jun 5th, 2018 at 1:04pm by Pseudonym »  

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #22 - Jun 5th, 2018 at 1:10pm
Print Post  
Of course, if you can get to 34 lives without that knowledge, maybe it isn't as important as you think it is.

Two sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm shitfaced

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #23 - Jun 5th, 2018 at 1:36pm
Print Post  

Huh

*sigh* apparently not....

IP Logged

Pseudonym
Titan Demolisher

Reply #24 - Jun 5th, 2018 at 1:49pm
Print Post  
Starkjade wrote on Jun 5th, 2018 at 1:10pm:
Of course, if you can get to 34 lives without that knowledge, maybe it isn't as important as you think it is.

Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

Zooper - As multiple people have already stated,
1) Fey is the worst pact, but you can't change it this life anyways so make the best of it I guess
2) Your ability point allotment was terrible, but I hope you understand why now
3) If you want your gear for heroics to be optimal, you should be using a 5 piece slavers set and blasting chime along with some ravenloft gear and a cannith crafted char item. Thing is, I suspect that you aren't running enough skulls for optimal gear to matter. If that's the case, don't bother wasting your time farming it.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint