Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) New fvs tree (Read 5877 times)
SpaceGoat
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

New fvs tree
Jun 8th, 2018 at 1:26pm
Print Post  
Wow, is it me or is it just terrible? It’s super healing overload.

1) it may provide too much healing power to go past the self healing reaper pen.
2) when will the devs learn that we don’t need raise or ress  or a sla.
3) healing people in line of sight? That’s s pain.

Wall of healing and heal as a sla, now those are pretty badass

IP Logged

Edrein
Abbot Raider

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Re: New fvs tree
Reply #1 - Jun 8th, 2018 at 2:28pm
Print Post  
Nope, it's absolutely dogshit. Same as it was when they first dropped it on the PC nearly some 8 or more months ago when I was still on it.

The only thing that could have saved the tree was my original proposal to add a multiselector to flip the tree from Beacon of Hope to Beacon of Despair, making it a debuffing and negative energy based tree.

IP Logged

tinkerer
Dirty Sock

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Jun 8th, 2018 at 2:37pm
Print Post  
Actually absurdly strong for endgame raiding.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #3 - Jun 8th, 2018 at 3:57pm
Print Post  
Can I get a copypaste?

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #4 - Jun 8th, 2018 at 5:02pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Jun 8th, 2018 at 3:57pm:
Can I get a copypaste?

Quote:
Hey, all! SteelStar here with a look at the third Favored Soul tree coming soon: Beacon of Hope! This Healing- and Buffing-Focused tree is currently slated for U39, and ought to be up on Lamannia soon. Have a look (be sure to check out the FAQ at the bottom) and let us know what you think!

https://www.ddo.com/sites/default/files/BeaconTree.png

• Core 1: For each Core ability you gain, +1% Positive Spell Critical Chance, +10 Healing Amp, and +5 Positive Spell Power.
  • Core 2: [B]Beacon of Grace: [/B]Cost: 2 SP: You and allies ahead of you* heal for 1 point of Positive Energy per Favored Soul level. This scales with your Positive Spell Power. 6 second cooldown.
  • Core 3: Shining Light: Whenever you cast one of your Beacons or use Flight of Glory, you and affected allies gain a Sacred bonus to Healing Amplification equal to your Favored Soul level for 12 seconds. Enemies in the zone of effect are dazzled and take a -1 penalty to attack, spot, and search. These enemies are illuminated by Shining Light, dispelling stealth, invisibility, blur, and displacement, for 10 seconds, and giving a -40 penalty to hide. Sightless enemies are immune to the dazzle effect.
  • Core 4: [B]Beacon of Hope: [/B]Cost: 15 SP: You and allies ahead of you* take the effects of a Panacea and a Restoration spell, and heal for 5 points of Positive Energy per Favored Soul level. This scales with 100% Positive Spell Power. 30 second cooldown.
  • Core 5: Flight of Glory: When you use your Leap of Faith, nearby allies gain Temporary Hit Points equal to twice your character level, plus an additional 25.
  • Core 6: True Resurrection SLA: 25 SP. 10 second cooldown. Multiselector:
    • Passive:+4 WIS. You gain +3 Maximum Caster Level with all Positive spells. Your Hope and Beacon abilities that scale with Favored Soul level now add Epic Levels as well.
    • Passive: +4 CHA. You gain +3 Maximum Caster Level with all Positive spells. Your Hope and Beacon abilities that scale with Favored Soul level now add Epic Levels as well.

Tier 1:

• Good Hope SLA 10/5/2 SP. (3 second cooldown)
  • Confidence: +1/+2/+3 Concentration, Diplomacy and Heal. Rank 3: You also gain +10 Positive Energy Spell Power.
  • Divine Durability: +2/4/6 Competence Bonus to PRR.
  • Spell Critical Chance: Positive: +2%
  • Spell Points: 30/60/90 Spell Points

Tier 2:

• Close Wounds SLA: (6/4/2 Spell Points) (3/2/1 second cooldown)
  • Hope for Inspiration: Target ally gains a Sacred bonus to all Skills equal to 1/4 your Favored Soul level for 12 seconds. 6 second cooldown.
  • Divine Durability II: +2/4/6 Competence bonus to MRR.
  • Might's Reward: Multiselector (Shares a cooldown and same SP cost as Divine Might).
    • You gain an Sacred bonus to Positive Spell Power equal to your Strength modifier for 30/60/120 seconds.
    • You gain an Sacred bonus to Positive Spell Power equal to your Wisdom modifier for 30/60/120 seconds.
    • You gain an Sacred bonus to Positive Spell Power equal to your Charisma modifier for 30/60/120 seconds.

Tier 3:

• Hope for Protection: Target ally gains a Sacred bonus to PRR and MRR equal to your Favored Soul level for 12 seconds. 6 second cooldown.
  • Efficient Empower Healing
  • WIS/CHA

Tier 4:

• Death Ward SLA: 10/8/5 SP (4 second cooldown)
  • Hope for Victory: Target ally gains a Sacred Bonus to Melee Power and Ranged Power equal to half your Favored Soul level, and Universal Spell Power equal to your Favored Soul level. This lasts for 12 seconds. 6 second cooldown.
  • Optimism: Every time you cast one of your Hope abilities, you gain a stack of Rising Beacon, giving yourself +2 PRR, +2 MRR, and +1 AC. This stacks up to 10 times, and stacks fade once every 12 seconds. Hope for Success grants 3 stacks.
  • WIS/CHA

Tier 5:

• Raise Dead SLA: 15 SP, 9 second cooldown
  • Hope for Success: Target ally gains +1 to Critical Threat Range and Multiplier with weapons for 12 seconds. 60 second cooldown.
  • Heal SLA: 40 SP, 6 second cooldown
  • Undying Beacon: Allies affected by your Beacons gain Unconsciousness Range equal to 10x your Favored Soul level. This effect lasts for 12 seconds, and is refreshed if the target is affected by another Beacon spell.
  • Wall of Healing: Cost: 30 Spell Points. Create a wall that persists for 30 seconds. Allies and Undead in the wall take a Cure Moderate Wounds spell every few seconds. 60 second cooldown.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/496892-First-Look-Favored-Soul-Beacon-...
« Last Edit: Jun 8th, 2018 at 5:04pm by Technomage »  

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #5 - Jun 8th, 2018 at 5:04pm
Print Post  
Quote:
FAQ:

Why a Healing-themed tree?

• Favored Soul's two existing trees focus around Offensive Casting and Weapon Attacks. This tree gives some good defensive utility and helps round them out with Healing skills.

Why the secondary focus on Buffing?

• Short answer: We wanted to give this tree options to function in a purely-support role if people wanted to go that route, and to have a playstyle available that made it stand out from other existing trees.
  • Longer answer: The feedback loop for Renegade Mastermaker taught us that, at least for a wide variety of players, a tree entirely focused on Healing+Defense ends up feeling passive and kind of lackluster. We wanted something for people invested in this tree to do between healing. For some, that might be using weapons (because they split heavily into War Soul) or offensive casting (because they split heavily into AoV), but we wanted something for this tree to do on a secondary level that was useful in its own right. At the top end of their scaling, the buffs here are pretty dang strong.

What do you mean by "ahead of you*" on those Core abilities?

• Think of it like a cone, but fairly long and a static width a bit wider than the player character. You'd be trying to get your allies into a line, similar to how you'd line up enemies for Improved Precise Shot. We're going to work on having visual feedback that makes it pretty clear how long/wide the affected space is. (For the record, it's similar in size to Cone of Cold.)

Are you fixing War Soul with this pass? Angel of Vengeance? ...Any of the Cleric trees?

• We've got an Angel of Vengeance pass nearly done, and plans to try and get Warpriest and War Soul passes in for either U39 or shortly after. Details soon!

Do these work with Metamagics?

• Hope Buffs: Enlarge, Quicken
  • Beacons: Empower Healing, Quicken
  • Wall of Healing: Enlarge, Empower Healing, Quicken

Hope for Protection doesn't stack with Paladins???

• Correct, though a pure FvS at cap would edge out a Sacred Defender Paladin's PRR/MRR bonuses a little.

Can I cast the Hope buffs on myself?

• Nope.

If I'm friends with another Beacon of Hope, can we cast our buffs on each other?

• Yep.

What does (insert ability here) stack with?

• Assume that any Bonus we didn't add an explicit type to (Sacred, Competence, etc.) stacks with everything. Yes, that includes Hope for Success (though that might change before release, not sure yet).

This looks neat, but I wouldn't take this over Angel of Vengeance on my spell nuker / War Soul on my melee

• Nor should you! Existing builds were built with the existing trees in mind. We'd hope you find some things here worth taking on some of those builds, and that new builds would eventually be built around this tree. But it absolutely makes sense that existing characters using the archetypes of the other two trees keep using those trees as their primary. This is a different sort of role than those trees embody.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/496892-First-Look-Favored-Soul-Beacon-...
« Last Edit: Jun 8th, 2018 at 5:05pm by Technomage »  

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #6 - Jun 8th, 2018 at 5:41pm
Print Post  
It seems best suited to some kind of self-healing tank, but that's a dumb idea because of reaper.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Ulysses
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Jun 8th, 2018 at 5:54pm
Print Post  
Characters that currently splash 1 level of FvS just got 10 heal amp, 10 positive spell power, 1% heal crit chance and Good Hope for 2 ap.  That's pretty decent.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 4:26am
Print Post  
tinkerer wrote on Jun 8th, 2018 at 2:37pm:
Actually absurdly strong for endgame raiding.

Seems really good for high skulls. At the very least allows for a fvs to be a main healer and still maintain decent DCs. The heals have a longer range than turn bursting from clerics, and they are very sp efficient heals. Mostly on the back of Beacon of Hope. It won't out heal a dedicated cleric, but it isn't intended to do so. 

The MP/RP/PRR/MRR/Crit buffs make a difference with this tree. Possibly buffing the dps players in between healing and DC casting. Or just healing and buffing against boss fights. Although the group would need 2-3 of these to make a noticable difference on huge hp bags. i would like to see the buffs increased and their durations increased ( whack a mole on cooldowns is aids, fam ).
« Last Edit: Jun 9th, 2018 at 4:27am by Rubbinns »  

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #9 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 1:28pm
Print Post  
Meh. What you need for hjealing ? Quickened Hjeal, first mass cure, second mass cure, very very rarely third mass cure, maybe just maybe Renewal for particular quests. Awareness, spawns and mechanics knowledge and FAST fingers.

Second Hjeal might be nice but no ability of fluff will make some of those slow mouse clicking toons better at hjealing.

Doesn't give me much "hope" for new offense tree. Anyone can come up with shit"pass" like this in 10 mins.
« Last Edit: Jun 9th, 2018 at 1:42pm by Wipe »  

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 2:58pm
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Jun 9th, 2018 at 1:28pm:
Meh. What you need for hjealing ?

Sssshhhh.  It has Efficient Empower Healing.  Let it pass.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #11 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 3:08pm
Print Post  
Change to Bacon of Hope. Playing will still clog your arteries, but criticism will drop until only hairy vegans are crying.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #12 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 8:17pm
Print Post  
You can tell who actually runs high skulls raids and who doesn't just by the responses to this thread

IP Logged

Edrein
Abbot Raider

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #13 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 10:41pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jun 9th, 2018 at 8:17pm:
You can tell who actually runs high skulls raids and who doesn't just by the responses to this thread

You can tell who's played a FVS before their current dilemma and who's willing to roll over and play Healbot based on the responses on the mobo and this thread.

IP Logged

Fuckwit
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 11:09pm
Print Post  
Why the fuck would you bitch about a healbot tree that actually lets you play a good healbot? That kind of design success is a god damned miracle from this team, and we should celebrate it.

There'll be a new AoV tree for people who want to cast shitty damage SLAs on normal, stop complaining that this tree doesn't do that.

IP Logged

Edrein
Abbot Raider

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #15 - Jun 10th, 2018 at 12:24am
Print Post  
Fuckwit wrote on Jun 9th, 2018 at 11:09pm:
Why the fuck would you bitch about a healbot tree that actually lets you play a good healbot? That kind of design success is a god damned miracle from this team, and we should celebrate it.

There'll be a new AoV tree for people who want to cast shitty damage SLAs on normal, stop complaining that this tree doesn't do that.

You're implying they'll actually add meaningful SLAs/changes to AoV. At best you might see 1-2 light SLAs that make AoV look like a watered down Exalted Angel... Oh wait.

IP Logged

Pseudonym
Titan Demolisher

Reply #16 - Jun 10th, 2018 at 1:04am
Print Post  
Edrein wrote on Jun 9th, 2018 at 10:41pm:
You can tell who's played a FVS before their current dilemma and who's willing to roll over and play Healbot based on the responses on the mobo and this thread.

Nobody who doesn't suck plays (or will play) FvS as a healbot. FvS is a dc caster that can also heal.

If the new tree goes live exactly as is and AoV gets literally nothing apart from an updated capstone, FvS will benefit from better support (by moving points out of war soul into the new tree) and a dc bump. I fully expect AoV to get more than just an updated capstone, including (in all likelihood) at least one useful addition.

I'm not sure what you're so upset about.
« Last Edit: Jun 10th, 2018 at 1:05am by Pseudonym »  

IP Logged

tinkerer
Dirty Sock

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Jun 10th, 2018 at 2:38am
Print Post  
Here's why the tree is strong:

1) FvS with previous Hp buff and high sp is already the best raid healer in the game. This is especially true as you maintain wings in US (which is a pretty adamant requirement for the tip top endgame raiding, pushing the envelop of what's been completed difficulties).
2) The buffs have a large impact in terms of smoothness of quest completion. That 30 prr buff put that on your dc caster or squishy rogue assassin during the front part of the quest / raid (when the tank doesn't need the extra defenses). Then switch it up by pushing the tank's stats even higher allowing you to heal and keep them up when you couldn't. Additionally in a raid, you can have both healers defense stats buffed if they are in a precarious position.
3) The dps buffs are nice but aren't as critical as most people are thinking they are except in raids with dps lockouts or boss fights where a significant front load dps will make the raid extremely easy. This will mostly come into play on shroud. Regardless it does help to shore up the loss in dps you take from adding a healer to your group.
4) The slas aren't great but it frees up 1-2 spell slots. Raise dead sla is garbage.
5) Wall of Healing is a significantly better cleric aura except you dont have to be involved in next level stupid game play and bring your healer into melee range of mobs. In high skull reaper it will hurt due to duration decreases but its still worth it for when you expect massive aoe incoming dps or if you need to focus on reupping your buffs on other players for a while.

There are certainly weak parts of the tree but anyone who has played any high skull content but much more importantly high difficulty endgame reaper raids will immediately recognize the power behind this tree. This will no doubt end up being buffed instead of brought down to a healthy level because mobo and devs are retarded.

I foresee every high skull reaper raid healer being a FvS (especially in achievement threads, etc.). And this is without even taking into account what AoV has in store, which no doubt is significant power creep.

IP Logged

Pseudonym
Titan Demolisher

Reply #18 - Jun 10th, 2018 at 2:56am
Print Post  
tinkerer wrote on Jun 10th, 2018 at 2:38am:
Here's why the tree is strong:

1) FvS with previous Hp buff and high sp is already the best raid healer in the game. This is especially true as you maintain wings in US (which is a pretty adamant requirement for the tip top endgame raiding, pushing the envelop of what's been completed difficulties).

lol

IP Logged

tinkerer
Dirty Sock

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Jun 10th, 2018 at 3:11am
Print Post  
Pseudonym wrote on Jun 10th, 2018 at 2:56am:
lol

EA is goto for questing. US is unquestionably the better choice for raiding. If you die a single time as a healer, you have failed. If you let your tank die as a single time as a healer, you have failed. Your job is to ensure a smooth completion. US accomplishes this much better than EA does.

If you are focusing on the dick measuring contest of kill count, you are not doing your job. Sure throw a mass frog, implosion, destruction, etc. when its optimal to, but if someone dies or could have died (made a lucky dodge) during that time you aren't satisfying your obligation to the group for success.

There's a reason you bring arcane DC casters to the group. You've obviously never pushed the envelope in a challenge run (world firsts, attrition pug runs, etc) - if you ever have the pleasure to run something like this, you'll soon realize that in a true challenge run there are moments where you have to expect EVERYONE in your group to play near perfect. There might be a few moments where you can sacrifice doing your role to perform a secondary role, but for the most part it should end up as a wipe or at least a significant chance of wipe in a true challenge run.

If you still don't understand, nothing I will say will convince you. You are probably stuck on FvS being non-healers because thats the vision you have of them. That or you hold strongly to the flawed idea that they are dps casters. There are no dps casters in high skull reaper: they simply DO NOT exist and for good reason. Disclaimer that certain builds making use of bugged 8-10x multiproc ruin can be useful in certain niche scenarios.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Jun 10th, 2018 at 3:41am
Print Post  
tinkerer wrote on Jun 10th, 2018 at 2:38am:
This will no doubt end up being buffed instead of brought down to a healthy level because mobo and devs are retarded.

They have an endless amount of work to do if they are ever going to fix all the various class trees left behind because of creep and Reaper. Certain ones will never make it into a party slot unless they were made remarkably more powerful than now, obviously. But ssg won't bother trying. Class enhancement tree examples being EK melee wizard/sorcerer, War Soul melee fvs/cleric, BE melee arty, Acrobat/Henshin stick melee, OS barbarian, DPS casting.

Clerics don't get turns in epic because they made Ravenloft. That alone would have made them a meta choice for undead epic raids and quests. Now with this new fvs tree, the clerics are better off as Fvs for healing, because design restrictions of resource management has long been gone since they sold pots in the store. Where that would have been a factor in some decisions to choose cleric, it is now obsolete entirely. Do they adjust radiant servant tree now?

What should they do with all of these highly limited, handicapped, disadvantageous, underperforming, useless outside of flavor enhancement trees?

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #21 - Jun 10th, 2018 at 4:33am
Print Post  
oh EK melee

I remember the days when everyone splashed that shit for free tensers and the knockdown...

...lol

rip laggy deathwyrms and firepeaks---you are not missed.

All they need to do is give a crit multi and some melee power to EK and fix the dogshit capstone and cores.
« Last Edit: Jun 10th, 2018 at 4:34am by WonderfulFoppyBint »  

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

tinkerer
Dirty Sock

I Love Drama!

Reply #22 - Jun 10th, 2018 at 4:45am
Print Post  
Honestly it makes me want to go work for them and fix shit. Now I realize that the code base is FUBAR. However, I've worked with antiquated systems, etc. where the level of FUBAR might be just under comparable.

A talented dev could propose balance changes on a grand scale, implement in a way that multiple levers are provided (in some cases SSG managed to fluke themselves into doing this) for scaling back or up after testing, then test with best of the best players (offer them in game rewards or points in exchange for good and unbiased feedback, carefully curate this team), and then make adjustments, finally pushing out their balanced classes, epic destinies, enhancements, spells, etc.

The above could take anywhere from a couple months to well forever depending on a lot of variables, but a talented dev given free reign could get it done in roughly 2 months maybe 3 months - no matter how fucked to hell the database is.

IP Logged

goldgolem
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #23 - Jun 10th, 2018 at 8:02am
Print Post  
mmm, exactly what no one wanted ><

Its literally the least they can do

IP Logged

Fuckwit
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #24 - Jun 10th, 2018 at 9:18am
Print Post  
goldgolem wrote on Jun 10th, 2018 at 8:02am:
mmm, exactly what no one wanted ><

Its literally the least they can do

Aren't you the idiot who keeps posting light damage builds on the main forums?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint