Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic rogue, arti, xbow build, advice request (Read 1697 times)
Nova
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

rogue, arti, xbow build, advice request
Sep 4th, 2018 at 7:34pm
Print Post  
so going to play a rogue 16 / artificer 4 (for Endless Fusilade and a few other goodies)

was curious on race / weapon choice

pretty much between gnome and light repeater, or another adequate race and great x bow.

im assuming gnome is the way to go because a lot of damage is going to come from SA damage and thus fire rate trumps the better base stats, but I rolled a test shiradi at 15 to mess with the idea and did like the high base damage.

so is one overwhelmingly better then the other?

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Re: rogue, arti, xbow build, advice request
Reply #1 - Sep 4th, 2018 at 8:02pm
Print Post  
Would definitely go gnome or halfing for the IPS angle.   It makes a big difference in how many things you'll hit with IPS.

Gnome obviously has the synergy with light repeaters, but would still work just fine with gxbows instead if you wanted to go that route.

I'll point out that if you're going to spend any time at cap, Volley is one of the best combination of weapon effects and damage available right now and, in my opinion, what puts gxbow ahead of repeaters in the end.  Your options for good weapons is much more limited with light repeaters.

IP Logged

Synchrono
Waterworks Kobold

I am not a noun, I am
a VERB.

Reply #2 - Sep 6th, 2018 at 7:52am
Print Post  
10 Rogue 6 Fighter 4 Arty is a popular split for this type of thing. Halfling for the size with IPS is fantastic and the Dragonmark can be very useful especially if you have Racial AP.

The bonus fighter feats lets you build the ranged/thrown weapon focus stuff for the range power or armor bonuses if you choose to run this heavy armor. Alternatively you could do the Shot on the Run Line too. Fighter also gets you bonuses to Action Boosts so you end up with like 14 or 15 Fusilade's per rest which is quite substantial.

If you're doing the mechanic thing definitely go GxB the damage is ridiculous. I tend to run mine in LD.
« Last Edit: Sep 6th, 2018 at 12:54pm by Synchrono »  

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #3 - Sep 6th, 2018 at 2:40pm
Print Post  

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Sep 6th, 2018 at 6:03pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Sep 4th, 2018 at 8:02pm:
Would definitely go gnome or halfing for the IPS angle.   It makes a big difference in how many things you'll hit with IPS.

Not only the angle, but access to color spray.  This is a serious racial that is much overlooked.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Rzyman
Waterworks Kobold

lovers gonna love

Reply #5 - Sep 8th, 2018 at 6:54pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Sep 6th, 2018 at 6:03pm:
Not only the angle, but access to color spray.  This is a serious racial that is much overlooked.

Honestly never found any use of it. Maybe some melee artificer gnome? On higher skulls you are staying out of range of it anyway, you are shooting from farest possible position, keeping room for maneurs and lining mobs for your ips. On lower skulls you just dont wanna loose any dps especally with EF on and interrupt your attacks. I do like passive blur and UMD though, W&S mastery in racials may be great choice too. You wont lack it anyway but there never too much UMD Smiley

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Sep 12th, 2018 at 12:33am
Print Post  
Rzyman wrote on Sep 8th, 2018 at 6:54pm:
Honestly never found any use of it. Maybe some melee artificer gnome? On higher skulls you are staying out of range of it anyway, you are shooting from farest possible position, keeping room for maneurs and lining mobs for your ips. On lower skulls you just dont wanna loose any dps especally with EF on and interrupt your attacks. I do like passive blur and UMD though, W&S mastery in racials may be great choice too. You wont lack it anyway but there never too much UMD Smiley

A few points:

1) "On higher skulls you are staying out of range of it" At some point shit will get in your face,  it is inevitable.  If you can avoid this entirely you are a god and please teach me.

2) "On lower skulls you just dont wanna loose any dps" Color spray causes helpless.  Do I need to draw the connecting dots between helpless and dps?

3) It's almost free if you're already spending in the tree.

4) SLA

5) Can blind in an aoe, so good for cc as well as murdering age of rage eyeballs.

Give it another try, I think you'll like it.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #7 - Sep 12th, 2018 at 11:40am
Print Post  
Agreed on using Color Spray. It has great CC potential. IIRC, it could also stun mobs.

If you're playing a Gnome arcane of some sort and aren't using it (along with the effectively free spellpoint-wise metamagic feats along with it), you're making a big mistake.

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint