Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Player Quality on various servers (Read 22847 times)
pinkpuff
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Player Quality on various servers
Mar 6th, 2019 at 10:35am
Print Post  
Just looking for some opinions and insight on what the various servers have going on as far as player quality goes. I'm fairly excited for the new content that's coming but not thrilled with being held back by playing on a poor server. I play on Thelanis and it's pretty shit altogether.

Some examples of Thelanis being shit
  • There are 3 quality tanks, 2 played by the same person. Rest are pure trash.
    There are maybe 4-5 top end DPS endgame builds/players. A ton more that think they are but are trash.
    2 quality mid-reaper raid healers total. 1 again played by a good DPS player/builder.
    1 good rogue.
    1 quality reaper raid instakiller. 2 decent, and a bunch more that are garbage.
    Daytime players run LN and LH raids and struggle.
    1 full-time raiding guild and they're pretty bad. Their tank might have 70 heal amp.
    Struggle to finish R1 Killing Time because it's hard to carry 6-8 people that don't listen and can't play.
    To my knowledge there are currently 5 characters on the server sporting Dust weapons. I have 3 of them.

Really, is the grass greener elsewhere? Better players, less casual, not so infected with political correctness? I'm not really looking forward to pussyfooting the new content.

Not a sock btw. Came back to the game about 18 months ago and occasionally lurked here until recently.

IP Logged

Penalty Box
Ex Member

Re: Player Quality on various servers
Reply #1 - Mar 6th, 2019 at 11:11am
Print Post  
I know for a fact that there are more quality players than from your list.  Maybe just ones you dont group with.

But......what is your metric for a quality player?  R? 

I

IP Logged

pinkpuff
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Mar 6th, 2019 at 11:34am
Print Post  
With my job I play at various times of the day and have grouped with everyone. Keep in mind that players and builds don't need to be top end to run high reaper quests, so that's not a consideration for me.

As I said, there are a lot of players that think they're top end because they grouped up and completed a R10 quest. But throw them in a mid reaper raid and they're fucking lost since most can't communicate (no mic in the current year), they panic, and don't understand the fundamentals of the game outside of mass hold+dps. As a whole, with the better players grouped together, the server struggles in mid reaper Baba/Strahd and can barely complete R1 KT. For these things to happen they pretty much all need to be on at the same time which clearly is quite rare.

If you play on Thelanis you know the top end is shit.

IP Logged

Penalty Box
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Mar 6th, 2019 at 11:46am
Print Post  
Anyone can complete an r10 Amber all they have to do is join a group where one person is already done it. 

I do think there are a lot of players that can handle mid Reaper raids.  But there is an issue with always having to pug out for 5 slots with players that just aren't ready and next thing you know you're running another LH.

There are few guilds that run high reaper content Thelanis but they pretty much keep to themselves.

IP Logged

Orange Flash
Waterworks Kobold

Can you get the citation?

Reply #4 - Mar 6th, 2019 at 11:47am
Print Post  
Main problem is.. when a build is good it gets nerfed, so good players tend to not share their builds and little secrets.

sharing is not encouraged this way, and also grouping, so there is the tendency of some people to play always with same people.

IP Logged

pinkpuff
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Mar 6th, 2019 at 11:54am
Print Post  
Quote:
Anyone can complete an r10 Amber all they have to do is join a group where one person is already done it. 

I do think there are a lot of players that can handle mid Reaper raids.  But there is an issue with always having to pug out for 5 slots with players that just aren't ready and next thing you know you're running another LH.

There are few guilds that run high reaper content Thelanis but they pretty much keep to themselves.

I agree with what you said for the most part other than guilds that run high reaper. They don't. Even with that certain guild that just gobbled up the Arise leftovers there's nothing going on. But again, as a whole, the server couldn't fill out a Killing Time past R1 with only 2 quality tanks and one won't even play with the other. Not to mention even then there's still gonna be 3-4 carry slots.

Orange Flash wrote on Mar 6th, 2019 at 11:47am:
Main problem is.. when a build is good it gets nerfed, so good players tend to not share their builds and little secrets.

sharing is not encouraged this way, and also grouping, so there is the tendency of some people to play always with same people.

There's enough good builds that aren't going to be nerfed to get mid reaper raid completions. The problem I'm having is my server isn't even interested in building/gearing/playing those that are effective and safe. We no joke have 2 quality tanks and 2 quality raid healers on the entire server.....the whole thing....at any time.

IP Logged

Penalty Box
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Mar 6th, 2019 at 12:02pm
Print Post  
So what is considered a good tank.

What's considered good DPS.

And I see you think there's only one good Rogue on Thelanis.  That is not possible.  There is no such thing as a good rogue.  Come on man.

As for guilds like arise, they only thought they were the shit.

IP Logged

pinkpuff
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Mar 6th, 2019 at 12:21pm
Print Post  
That's kinda my point though buddy. Arise had some of the better players/builders on the server and they were still pretty garbage. Granted their leader that caused the recent implosion was a piece of shit I fully understand his reasoning - he wanted them to be good and they wanted to just be. Which is fine if that's what people want to do but it's bad when they're near the top.

Good DPS is just that, good DPS. Bonus points for not sitting at 1500hp, slotting -threat, and not noobing out in +threat stances. We just don't have them. There's what, 2 quality tempests on Thelanis? 2 good DPS dog toons? The rogue I mentioned isn't even a full DPS spec. There's a couple uber monks, but only 2. And that's about it. There's a few other high quality builds but the players are bad and run in shit like Fury to pull aggro constantly or, as I said before, can't communicate like they're Helen Keller and become a burden.

Same basic shit for tanks. We have 2 tanks that can touch 6k hp in reaper and yet still hold quality defensive stats. The rest are pure garbage.

On a side note though rogues are amazing. I just Tr'd out of one and it was the most fun I've had in a long time even if it wasn't any more dominant that some of the others I've played recently.

But again, I hold 3 of the 5 Dust weapons on Thelanis. The 'other good players' don't run Shroud.

In the end I'm more interested in the other servers and what they have going on.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #8 - Mar 6th, 2019 at 12:38pm
Print Post  
Khyber is strong.   Plenty of good raid healers, DPS, Support.   I think we could use a few more tanks.   Have a bunch from the Baba/Strahd meta, but the KT meta is a little different. 

Especially if you play U.S. primetime (7pm-midnight Eastern). 

It seems like Ghallanda has been strong recently, just looking at forum posts.   But I don't run on Ghallanda.   I just roll dice there daily. 

IP Logged

Penalty Box
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Mar 6th, 2019 at 12:41pm
Print Post  
The way you put your numbers together makes me think you think there's only about a dozen good players on the server all together. 

Dust weapons aren't the end-all to be all and I know that there's more than 5 on the server. 

I know that my main currently is not a FOTM high dps build.  So when I pull aggro from players talking about how much dps they are doing, I start to wonder.  I bet Thelanis is like most servers, a lot of talk, and little action. 

Many players might have the same class makeup for what is considered the Best build out there.  But have no idea what they are doing. 

"Just because I lease a Ferrari doesn't make me Michael Andretti."  -says nobody, but should

IP Logged

Cripey
Shroud Slacker

Fuck you, thats my name.

Reply #10 - Mar 6th, 2019 at 12:41pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Mar 6th, 2019 at 12:38pm:
Khyber is strong.   Plenty of good raid healers, DPS, Support.   I think we could use a few more tanks.   Have a bunch from the Baba/Strahd meta, but the KT meta is a little different. 

Especially if you play U.S. primetime (7pm-midnight Eastern). 

It seems like Ghallanda has been strong recently, just looking at forum posts.   But I don't run on Ghallanda.   I just roll dice there daily. 

recently? like since 2006 til now? yeah pretty much still the best. But getting soft and politically correct.

also fuck off we don't want you on ghallanda.

Grands Superhero IRL

Or as they say in Ireland -
Derp derp derp derp. Yellow moons. Lassie.

Hordo wrote on Nov 21st, 2012 at 8:07am:
EDIT: BTW I love your post.  It reads as if English is your 3rd language behind gibberish and dipshit.

majmalphunktion wrote on Mar 20th, 2014 at 6:11pm:
what the fuck guys...

Jeesus fucking shit. This shit gets me called to the principals office.

Assholes.

IP Logged

pinkpuff
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Mar 6th, 2019 at 12:46pm
Print Post  
Quote:
The way you put your numbers together makes me think you think there's only about a dozen good players on the server all together. 

Dust weapons aren't the end-all to be all and I know that there's more than 5 on the server. 

I know that my main currently is not a FOTM high dps build.  So when I pull aggro from players talking about how much dps they are doing, I start to wonder.  I bet Thelanis is like most servers, a lot of talk, and little action. 

Many players might have the same class makeup for what is considered the Best build out there.  But have no idea what they are doing. 

"Just because I lease a Ferrari doesn't make me Michael Andretti."  -says nobody, but should

Not even a dozen, maybe 5-6 total. And you aren't pulling aggro from the 2 good tanks, you're pulling it from the trash players that inspired this entire thread.

As for the Dust weapons there's me with 3, a high quality lock with 1, and one of the good tanks has a alt tempest that has 1. And yes, 35% physical DPS increase for the party is end all be all right now. My server is loaded with the unwashed and unmathed, even if they're still my friends.

IP Logged

Teth
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Mar 6th, 2019 at 12:47pm
Print Post  
Cripey wrote on Mar 6th, 2019 at 12:41pm:
recently? like since 2006 til now? yeah pretty much still the best. But getting soft and politically correct.

also fuck off we don't want you on ghallanda.

Ghallanda the best? When?

IP Logged

Cripey
Shroud Slacker

Fuck you, thats my name.

Reply #13 - Mar 6th, 2019 at 12:55pm
Print Post  
Teth wrote on Mar 6th, 2019 at 12:47pm:

There is no helping some people.

Grands Superhero IRL

Or as they say in Ireland -
Derp derp derp derp. Yellow moons. Lassie.

Hordo wrote on Nov 21st, 2012 at 8:07am:
EDIT: BTW I love your post.  It reads as if English is your 3rd language behind gibberish and dipshit.

majmalphunktion wrote on Mar 20th, 2014 at 6:11pm:
what the fuck guys...

Jeesus fucking shit. This shit gets me called to the principals office.

Assholes.

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #14 - Mar 6th, 2019 at 1:02pm
Print Post  
Teth wrote on Mar 6th, 2019 at 12:47pm:

hey look, someone from Khyber

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

Trollero
Waterworks Kobold

Got IDD?

Reply #15 - Mar 6th, 2019 at 1:12pm
Print Post  
Most of the people who push the limits of things either quit playing or transferred years ago.

Thelanis seems fine with just pugging away LH on mediocre builds.  It is more why bother instead of lack of skill.

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #16 - Mar 6th, 2019 at 1:13pm
Print Post  
Ghallanda has people playing in Euro hours although the server is still mostly NA.
Talk to Omni IMO if you're a daytime NA guy.
If your hours change there are other NA guilds that are decent.
« Last Edit: Mar 6th, 2019 at 1:14pm by WonderfulFoppyBint »  

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #17 - Mar 6th, 2019 at 1:39pm
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Mar 6th, 2019 at 1:13pm:
Ghallanda has people playing in Euro hours although the server is still mostly NA.
Talk to Omni IMO if you're a daytime NA guy.
If your hours change there are other NA guilds that are decent.

Omni is probably still the best raiding guild on Ghallanda. Helter Skelter is ok and so are one or two others. Best Beaches Around are a fun group to raid with, too.

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - Mar 6th, 2019 at 2:14pm
Print Post  
I WILL FUCKING 1V1 YOU ALL ON WAYFINDER RIGHT NOW

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Penalty Box
Ex Member

Reply #19 - Mar 6th, 2019 at 2:19pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Mar 6th, 2019 at 2:14pm:
I WILL FUCKING 1V1 YOU ALL ON WAYFINDER RIGHT NOW

We have someone on Thelanis that says this all the time.  I feel for you if you are as  good as he.   Shocked

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Mar 6th, 2019 at 2:21pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I feel for you if you are as  good as he. 

YOU SHOULD TAKE HIM UP ON THE OFFER AND STOP BEING A BITCH

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Penalty Box
Ex Member

Reply #21 - Mar 6th, 2019 at 2:26pm
Print Post  
I did.  He is a bitch.  And more over a whiney one at that.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #22 - Mar 6th, 2019 at 2:32pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I did.  He is a bitch.  And more over a whiney one at that.

I WILL STILL TAKE ALL OF YOU ON AT WAYFINDER TONIGHT!

IP Logged

pinkpuff
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #23 - Mar 6th, 2019 at 2:35pm
Print Post  
I'm there waiting, right now.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #24 - Mar 6th, 2019 at 2:39pm
Print Post  
I WILL BURY YOU PHAGGOTS WITH MY SOUNDBURST BUILD

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
Send TopicPrint