Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Player Quality on various servers (Read 22846 times)
Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Re: Player Quality on various servers
Reply #150 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 7:28pm
Print Post  
Pseudonym wrote on Mar 8th, 2019 at 7:01pm:
c) attempt to join groups where they cannot contribute and either get rejected and whine or get accepted and pike (whether or not they understand that's what they're doing)

Side note: if that happens, take it up with Fal.  Fal is an incredibly stand-up guy who takes his role as our de facto guild leader seriously.  He doesn't tolerate piking or just flat out bad behavior in pugs.  He doesn't expect (and is fully aware that they're not) our guildies to be pros: but he seriously expects them not to be douches.  If one of our newbs are way over the line, tell Fal.  He'll sort them out.

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

pinkpuff
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #151 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 7:32pm
Print Post  
Helping new players is extremely important. I try to take a moment and join quick farming groups when I can.

IP Logged

Shinyshoes
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #152 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 7:36pm
Print Post  
Tycoons, Handjobs, Legion - it is like a line of portaloos at a shitty festival.

IP Logged

Pseudonym
Titan Demolisher

Reply #153 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 7:51pm
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Mar 8th, 2019 at 7:22pm:
For what it's worth, we're not the Tycoons.  The core members of HoD bend over backwards trying to train the new players we recruit.  We give advice, we organize raids and try to teach them, we suggest good named items and help them farm them, anything and everything it takes to try and get them up to speed.

TBH, I cringe when some of our new players join my groups: but I promise you as much effort as possible has been put into try to help these guys over that incredibly steep learning curve that is DDO.

We have absolutely nothing against The Hand of Death. You guys fill an important role in helping new players learn a little about the game, and it's one that many of your members do well. There's a lot of value in that.

Most of the relatively long standing members of the guild who I've ran with seem like genuinely nice dudes. I can totally appreciate you guys without sharing your style of play, and I do.

IP Logged

pinkpuff
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #154 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 7:52pm
Print Post  
Haha, every so often I think I see a Legion guy at cap wanting to run with us but not the others. Handjobs are super casual (but fun to run with) and Tycoons quite literally invite every last person they see login that isn't guilded. Not sure I'll ever see one of them at cap.

IP Logged

ManyCookies
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #155 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 7:53pm
Print Post  
Quote:
You have that 1/2 correct. You have to go into raids with the understanding that you complete R1.  And if it goes bad, everyone has to call out what went wrong, and fix or replace the weak links.  DO NOT lower it accordingly, but instead only raise it accordingly.

There is nothing wrong with wanting less, but if you join with the intent on becoming better, and get picked if you get called out for shitting the bed, then you can't get mad, upset or otherwise discouraged.  Instead, the criticism, no matter how harsh, should only be laughed as a group as everyone learns.

You guys say that like the problem is the players are bad. Most of the time its just that there aren't enough geared players on to do r1, and even if there are, a critical role like a tank or healer is missing.

The way timers work, you are encouraged to get the timers started ASAP. Thats why a lot of people settle for LH or even LN raids when they cant get a party geared enough for r1.

A lot of geared players dont post or join LFMs. That kinda makes it hard to get r1 LFMs raids going in the first place. If half your party is at 1k hp or below, you are probably not going to pull off r1. Sure, you can get rid of the undergeared players. How many hours do you want to spend sitting around hoping that some geared players join your LFM? Especially when they are telling you "our guild did it the other day" or "i dont join pugs"? Assuming they even bother to reply to you at all that is.

Now if you are in a party where everyone is in full legendary gear, have all roles covered and somehow still failing...I don't know, r1 FOTP or whatever is considered easy....then yes, you absolutely should stop and figure out what the hell is going wrong...and fix it.

But with the shortage of players, you cant just "fix" a shortage of geared players, unless you just happen to have a full raid party's worth of geared players on that are always on at the same time, at cap, that never TRs...but that's basically a raid static anyway.

IP Logged

ManyCookies
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #156 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 7:54pm
Print Post  
pinkpuff wrote on Mar 8th, 2019 at 7:52pm:
Haha, every so often I think I see a Legion guy at cap wanting to run with us but not the others. Handjobs are super casual (but fun to run with) and Tycoons quite literally invite every last person they see login that isn't guilded. Not sure I'll ever see one of them at cap.

Is Tycoons the one with the weird guild master that invites every random person but just ignores his entire guild when they try to talk to him?

IP Logged

pinkpuff
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #157 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 7:58pm
Print Post  
ManyCookies wrote on Mar 8th, 2019 at 7:53pm:
You guys say that like the problem is the players are bad. Most of the time its just that there aren't enough geared players on to do r1, and even if there are, a critical role like a tank or healer is missing.

The way timers work, you are encouraged to get the timers started ASAP. Thats why a lot of people settle for LH or even LN raids when they cant get a party geared enough for r1.

A lot of geared players dont post or join LFMs. That kinda makes it hard to get r1 LFMs raids going in the first place. If half your party is at 1k hp or below, you are probably not going to pull off r1. Sure, you can get rid of the undergeared players. How many hours do you want to spend sitting around hoping that some geared players join your LFM? Especially when they are telling you "our guild did it the other day" or "i dont join pugs"? Assuming they even bother to reply to you at all that is.

Now if you are in a party where everyone is in full legendary gear, have all roles covered and somehow still failing...I don't know, r1 FOTP or whatever is considered easy....then yes, you absolutely should stop and figure out what the hell is going wrong...and fix it.

But with the shortage of players, you cant just "fix" a shortage of geared players, unless you just happen to have a full raid party's worth of geared players on that are always on at the same time, at cap, that never TRs...but that's basically a raid static anyway.

Both Baba and Strahd can be run on R1 as long as you have a 2k hp melee that can intim for Strahd and a strong FvS healer with Wall/Consecration. If most people in the party have around 1500hp you can easily beat down the mounds in Baba with no tank as long as everyone stays within the healing and doesn't run when they get whacked. Can be a lil dicey with a weak group but it's also thrilling.

And if you lead groups don't be afraid to tell people no. Even if you want to run the raids on LH a few times to get your feet wet. If people are joining and they have 700hp then they don't even have the basic Ravenloft gear and have no business being there. Don't feel bad for telling them they aren't ready if they aren't ready. And the same thing for when you bump up the difficulty from there - don't take those people unless you absolutely know the rest of the group can carry them without a problem.
« Last Edit: Mar 8th, 2019 at 8:02pm by pinkpuff »  

IP Logged

DDOprofessional
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #158 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 8:01pm
Print Post  
Shinyshoes wrote on Mar 8th, 2019 at 7:36pm:
Tycoons, Handjobs, Legion - it is like a line of portaloos at a shitty festival.

I make big bucks off the whales in those kind of guilds.  There is always one per guild that is identifiable as a true whale and I befriend him and sign him up for my services via a weekly recurring Paypal sub.

IP Logged

Pseudonym
Titan Demolisher

Reply #159 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 8:02pm
Print Post  
ManyCookies wrote on Mar 8th, 2019 at 7:54pm:
Is Tycoons the one with the weird guild master that invites every random person but just ignores his entire guild when they try to talk to him?

Don't knock my man Jeph!!

IP Logged

Shinyshoes
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #160 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 8:02pm
Print Post  
The Tycoons guild leader is pretty cool. First person I ask for a ship invite when prepping a new mule.
« Last Edit: Mar 8th, 2019 at 8:02pm by Shinyshoes »  

IP Logged

pinkpuff
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #161 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 8:03pm
Print Post  
Wait wait, those Tycoon noobs are on other servers besides Thelanis?!

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #162 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 8:05pm
Print Post  
Pseudonym wrote on Mar 8th, 2019 at 7:51pm:
You guys fill an important role in helping new players learn a little about the game, and it's one that many of your members do well. There's a lot of value in that.

I'll gladly admit we're random as hell.  We've got a core group that's been playing for 10+ years that can run almost anything.  Then we've got the new recruit of the hour Wink 

As much as SSG pisses me off, I do love this game.  I remember how hard it was to start (especially on Orien like I did) and how many people were such assholes if you weren't "good enough."

That's what we do: we try and help new people find the love we once felt in what would otherwise be a dying game.  And they are.  For all it's faults, they're loving the game.  We have some real up and coming members who have joined since RL that are way into it and slowly becoming solid members of the Cannith scene.

Pseudonym wrote on Mar 8th, 2019 at 7:51pm:
seem like genuinely nice dudes.

And mostly they are.  The guild is all about "if you want to do your best, we'll get you there.  If you want to suck ass: that's ok too." Wink

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Shinyshoes
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #163 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 8:10pm
Print Post  
I thought Tycoons had a presence on all of the servers except Wayfinder.
Been a while since I checked their website.

IP Logged

pinkpuff
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #164 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 8:13pm
Print Post  
Shinyshoes wrote on Mar 8th, 2019 at 8:10pm:
I thought Tycoons had a presence on all of the servers except Wayfinder.
Been a while since I checked their website.

So they're basically Agent Smith, with down syndrome..

IP Logged

ManyCookies
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #165 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 8:17pm
Print Post  
pinkpuff wrote on Mar 8th, 2019 at 7:58pm:
Both Baba and Strahd can be run on R1 as long as you have a 2k hp melee that can intim for Strahd and a strong FvS healer with Wall/Consecration. If most people in the party have around 1500hp you can easily beat down the mounds in Baba with no tank as long as everyone stays within the healing and doesn't run when they get whacked. Can be a lil dicey with a weak group but it's also thrilling.

And if you lead groups don't be afraid to tell people no. Even if you want to run the raids on LH a few times to get your feet wet. If people are joining and they have 700hp then they don't even have the basic Ravenloft gear and have no business being there. Don't feel bad for telling them they aren't ready if they aren't ready. And the same thing for when you bump up the difficulty from there - don't take those people unless you absolutely know the rest of the group can carry them without a problem.

Most of the time, i see maybe 75% of the group at 1.5k hp or more. Usually missing a tank (most people do not have intim high enough). Average of 1-2 healers usually. Would love to try r1 baba/strahd at some point though, assuming we can get all roles filled and everyone in full legendary gear, which is the hard part.

For lower level raids...FOTP, Tempest, LHOX, etc....I usually see half the party or more with less than 1.5k hp.

IP Logged

ManyCookies
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #166 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 8:20pm
Print Post  
Pseudonym wrote on Mar 8th, 2019 at 8:02pm:
Don't knock my man Jeph!!

I'm not sure if tycoons is the one im thinking of. I just remember there being a weird guild master on cannith that randomly invites everyone without a guild then refuses to talk to anyone. I always did get the impression that Tycoons just left their newbies alone though.

IP Logged

pinkpuff
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #167 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 8:49pm
Print Post  
ManyCookies wrote on Mar 8th, 2019 at 8:17pm:
Most of the time, i see maybe 75% of the group at 1.5k hp or more. Usually missing a tank (most people do not have intim high enough). Average of 1-2 healers usually. Would love to try r1 baba/strahd at some point though, assuming we can get all roles filled and everyone in full legendary gear, which is the hard part.

For lower level raids...FOTP, Tempest, LHOX, etc....I usually see half the party or more with less than 1.5k hp.

As you're running Ravenloft quests make sure you keep loot pieces that you don't already have stocked and save every last rare filigree. It's a good idea to have a couple trash alts just so you personally can fill in holes if needed. Like make a shit tank, go the 15arti/4whatever/1wiz route and respec to tank enhancements at 30. Easy enough to level and use your spare Ravenloft gear to get it moving. Make a FvS too. Sucks not running your main but at least you'll get completions and raid runes for your effort plus start decking out the couple alts. Eventually you'll get to the point where you know the raids from multiple positions and can lead them accordingly. Also helps to keep a couple shitters at 30 if you're doing lives on your main.

IP Logged

Teth
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #168 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 9:30pm
Print Post  
Shinyshoes wrote on Mar 8th, 2019 at 7:36pm:

Legion died when I left 😆

But for real, still hopin some of the vets rocking it over there.

IP Logged

Endlessorrow
Korthos Resident

All is loss, the taste
of joy has become ashes.

Reply #169 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 11:28pm
Print Post  
Teth wrote on Mar 8th, 2019 at 9:30pm:
Legion died when I left 😆

But for real, still hopin some of the vets rocking it over there.

They have a very good player Twoaxe And some decent ones TurnandBurn, Perci, Dian.  Legion is more casual/social than powergame though.

IP Logged

Endlessorrow
Korthos Resident

All is loss, the taste
of joy has become ashes.

Reply #170 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 11:33pm
Print Post  
ManyCookies wrote on Mar 8th, 2019 at 8:20pm:
I'm not sure if tycoons is the one im thinking of. I just remember there being a weird guild master on cannith that randomly invites everyone without a guild then refuses to talk to anyone. I always did get the impression that Tycoons just left their newbies alone though.

You are absolutely thinking of Tycoons.

IP Logged

Orange Flash
Waterworks Kobold

Can you get the citation?

Reply #171 - Mar 9th, 2019 at 3:09am
Print Post  
LOL sometimes "good players" talking is relative, and also the ability to judge.

Get Capricorpus for example, he says Damonzz is not good but believes Arcaneforge is a very good player.

It is a personal opinion without objectivity.

Both warlock, both achieve results in high reaper.
He trashes one and want to guild the other xD

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #172 - Mar 9th, 2019 at 3:17am
Print Post  
ManyCookies wrote on Mar 8th, 2019 at 8:20pm:
I always did get the impression that Tycoons just left their newbies alone though.

Pretty much been confirmed by members that have come to us from ToT.

IP Logged

Pseudonym
Titan Demolisher

Reply #173 - Mar 9th, 2019 at 4:15am
Print Post  
Orange Flash wrote on Mar 9th, 2019 at 3:09am:
LOL sometimes "good players" talking is relative, and also the ability to judge.

Get Capricorpus for example, he says Damonzz is not good but believes Arcaneforge is a very good player.

It is a personal opinion without objectivity.

Both warlock, both achieve results in high reaper.
He trashes one and want to guild the other xD

Fake news, Darcat is currently at the top of our recruit wish list followed by Tilo and that adorable guy in the Conclave of Penguin Bane.
« Last Edit: Mar 9th, 2019 at 4:48am by Pseudonym »  

IP Logged

ManyCookies
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #174 - Mar 9th, 2019 at 6:03am
Print Post  
Endlessorrow wrote on Mar 8th, 2019 at 11:33pm:
You are absolutely thinking of Tycoons.

OK, whats his story then? Like, why does he do that? And apparently he does this on every server?
« Last Edit: Mar 9th, 2019 at 6:15am by ManyCookies »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 
Send TopicPrint