Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Unicorns, Megaserver, and Level 40 (Read 11357 times)
WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Re: Unicorns, Megaserver, and Level 40
Reply #25 - Mar 3rd, 2020 at 10:51am
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on Mar 3rd, 2020 at 10:35am:
Get ready for some phat lewts with +30 enhancement, +15 insightful and + 8 quality stats and beyond!!!
Power creep up to eleven!!!

Look at all the design space they've opened up. Kowabunga there Alejandro.

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

Toke
Stormreaver Piker

... or maybe I was just
smoking something.

Reply #26 - Mar 3rd, 2020 at 11:08am
Print Post  
If housing comes with a trophy cabinet for useless raid lewt etc that I can't bring myself to trash, I'm all for it.

If you can roll it you can smoke it.  If you can carve it you can smoke with it.

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #27 - Mar 3rd, 2020 at 11:30am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Mar 3rd, 2020 at 9:59am:
That is sick! So we get stuck with 12 quests and 2 raids at level 32 then.

It will be with Feywild, so I'm expecting 24 quests and 3 raids total.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #28 - Mar 3rd, 2020 at 12:04pm
Print Post  
NOTpopejubal wrote on Mar 3rd, 2020 at 11:30am:

All at once? No way. They're simply not capable of churning that much content out in a single expansion.
« Last Edit: Mar 3rd, 2020 at 12:04pm by Technomage »  

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #29 - Mar 3rd, 2020 at 12:55pm
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Mar 3rd, 2020 at 12:04pm:
All at once? No way. They're simply not capable of churning that much content out in a single expansion.

They'll give us 3 of the Baba or Deathwyrm style raid. Just gotta copy paste puzzles with enough shadows to lag the server into a dream coil.

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #30 - Mar 3rd, 2020 at 1:14pm
Print Post  
NOTpopejubal wrote on Mar 3rd, 2020 at 11:30am:

Can we get that broken down into 3 instalments, where the first has 12-18 quests and one raid on release, with the other raid to follow after. Then another 6 shitty quests that should just have been part of the expansion, and a trash standalone raid like RSO or KT?

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #31 - Mar 3rd, 2020 at 2:54pm
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Mar 3rd, 2020 at 12:04pm:

I’m counting the existing stuff.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #32 - Mar 3rd, 2020 at 3:49pm
Print Post  
NOTpopejubal wrote on Mar 3rd, 2020 at 2:54pm:
I’m counting the existing stuff.

There's existing Feywild stuff?

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #33 - Mar 3rd, 2020 at 4:22pm
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Mar 3rd, 2020 at 3:49pm:
There's existing Feywild stuff?

Nah, I just meant that many total level 32 quests/raids total. Because I was being a smartass.

There's actually 30 level 31 quest and 36 level 32 quests. If that isn't plenty to get to level 33 with whatever Feywild adds, then SSG has set the XP requirements for legendary levels at an incredibly stupid amount. Which is possible, but I won't place bets in either direction.

IP Logged

Edrein
Abbot Raider

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #34 - Mar 3rd, 2020 at 4:57pm
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on Mar 3rd, 2020 at 10:35am:
Get ready for some phat lewts with +30 enhancement, +15 insightful and + 8 quality stats and beyond!!!
Power creep up to eleven!!!

I'd give my left nut if the progression is locked solely to the levels/feats/legendary destinies or whatever the hell it is.

Just give us different sets and varying items for gear tetris rather than straight up stat inflation.

Hell could you imagine level 30+ content being a place where gear only gets you so far compared to skill and know how?

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #35 - Mar 3rd, 2020 at 5:10pm
Print Post  
Edrein wrote on Mar 3rd, 2020 at 4:57pm:
I'd give my left nut if the progression is locked solely to the levels/feats/legendary destinies or whatever the hell it is.

Just give us different sets and varying items for gear tetris rather than straight up stat inflation.

Hell could you imagine level 30+ content being a place where gear only gets you so far compared to skill and know how?

I'd be fine if level 32/33/ whatever gear didn't have better stats, it just had more effects per item.   CC crafted gear over ML 31-35 can have 4 effects.   and from ML 36-40 it can have 5.   Raid Loot can have 5 from ML 31-33.   Then 6 from ML 34-39 and 7 effects at ML 40.   Give us a break from needing to slot 80+ effects into 40 slots.   It would be a little power creep, but mainly in a way that made the game less annoying and more fun.

IP Logged

Edrein
Abbot Raider

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #36 - Mar 3rd, 2020 at 5:58pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Mar 3rd, 2020 at 5:10pm:
I'd be fine if level 32/33/ whatever gear didn't have better stats, it just had more effects per item.   CC crafted gear over ML 31-35 can have 4 effects.   and from ML 36-40 it can have 5.   Raid Loot can have 5 from ML 31-33.   Then 6 from ML 34-39 and 7 effects at ML 40.   Give us a break from needing to slot 80+ effects into 40 slots.   It would be a little power creep, but mainly in a way that made the game less annoying and more fun.

While that could work and would be nice. I can't see how they wouldn't manage to fuck over the gear in that system.

Atleast with how they do gear now. Back in the day I could see that being neat with level 40 raid weapons boasting extra effects. Mostly because back in the day you know you'd either get something unique and nice, or you'd get some bonus procs that weren't super situational.

THTH and the U43 Depths weapons are proof as to why I can't trust Lyn with that situation. On paper the effects are unique. But in reality they are useless fluff damage.
« Last Edit: Mar 3rd, 2020 at 5:59pm by Edrein »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #37 - Mar 4th, 2020 at 12:31pm
Print Post  
NOTpopejubal wrote on Mar 3rd, 2020 at 4:22pm:
There's actually 30 level 31 quest and 36 level 32 quests.

I looked over the list on wiki and there are 64 quests that are done at cap now for reaper xp. 64. Over the span of 5 years. 2015 was when we got archons. It took the devs 5 years to carve out a a sizable end game where we can run everything in around less than 10 hours of quest time.

5 years at a pace of around 10 quests a year... This is their busy rate.

Now imagine how they are going to increase our levels. When they went to 30 it was 20 to 25, 25 to 28, 28 to 30. Since SSG isn't nearly clever enough to trick anyone who is paying attention ( sadly this cuts off most of ddo's playerbase ), they're going to try reverse it! So instead of getting 5 levels on feywild, we will get the reverse order for 30 to 40. It's going to be 30 to 32, 32 to 35, 35 to 40. With me so far?

Now take their "busy" rate of around 10 quests a year. At around level 35, if they manage to keep up with their lofty expectations, we will have 20~ quests, and we will be too high level to do the 64 reaper quests we enjoy at cap now. Obviously there will be a TR system here because raising the cap means they cannot, and never have been able to build anything that resembles an extensive end game.

Enjoy!

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

raybob
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #38 - Mar 4th, 2020 at 4:29pm
Print Post  
They wouldn't need an "end game" if they shitcanned the TR system.  Make 40?  Fine.  Stay there or start a new character.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #39 - Mar 4th, 2020 at 5:01pm
Print Post  
raybob wrote on Mar 4th, 2020 at 4:29pm:
They wouldn't need an "end game" if they shitcanned the TR system.  Make 40?  Fine.  Stay there or start a new character.

Well, they would still have an end game.  It would be at 40.   But the point would be that level cap raises would work like they do in other games.   The TR mechanic makes level cap raises much less appealing because of the repeated need to re-level "capped" characters.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #40 - Mar 4th, 2020 at 11:34pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Mar 4th, 2020 at 5:01pm:
   The TR mechanic makes level cap raises much less appealing because of the repeated need to re-level "capped" characters.   

Which is why I keep most of my toons at cap. I absolutely HATE TRing.

IP Logged

Edrein
Abbot Raider

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #41 - Mar 5th, 2020 at 2:59am
Print Post  
raybob wrote on Mar 4th, 2020 at 4:29pm:

I'd 100% quit the game if the only way to change my character's class was to buy lesser hearts or reroll/make a new toon.

Seriously, if you want to be an alt-o-holic good on you. But don't force me to play like that.

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #42 - Mar 6th, 2020 at 9:32am
Print Post  
Artorias wrote on Mar 3rd, 2020 at 5:30am:
Quote from Coco

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/512873-DDO-is-Getting-Unicorns/page6#p...

"Hey, all! I would just like to highlight a very important part of the quote from Severlin that I see being overlooked in a lot of comments in this thread. While our plan is to raise the level cap to 40 that is not a plan that will be completed all in one go with the release of the Feywild Expansion in 2020. The path to 40 is one that is planned out over the course of years in several smaller level cap installments with time to fill out each level bracket more substantially than was done in the 20-30 level bracket originally. The release of the Feywild Expansion will contain the first modest level cap increase on the path to level 40. It will not, however, be the last.

In addition, I would like to reiterate, that in this years long plan our goal is to not increase the amount of xp required to complete any of the current reincarnation types (Heroic True, Racial, Epic, Iconic).

Again, we understand that raising the level cap is a sensitive topic as it has many potential pitfalls. We are approaching it in a manner that we believe will avoid many of those pitfalls and mitigate others."

And to quote a passage from the OP's link

"Standing Stone does tease unicorns (seriously), a path to level 40 eventually, Feywild geography, and (maybe) megaservers and housing."

MAYBE we will get a megaserver (we won't) and housing (meh)

Or goal is to not increase...hah, funny at first I read it as: our goal is to increase... my mind playing tricks on me, eh?

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #43 - Mar 6th, 2020 at 12:04pm
Print Post  
m4lacka wrote on Mar 6th, 2020 at 9:32am:
Or goal is to not increase...hah, funny at first I read it as: our goal is to increase... my mind playing tricks on me, eh?

Every time they commented on that, they've been very careful with their wording.

They aren't going to increase the amount of XP required for any of the current Reincarnations. I'm betting they're just going to add an additional grind on top of that.  So we can Epic Reincarnate at 30 or we can keep going and do a Legendary Reincarnation and then an Epic Reincarnation and then a TR after the other two.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #44 - Mar 6th, 2020 at 12:16pm
Print Post  
NOTpopejubal wrote on Mar 6th, 2020 at 12:04pm:
Every time they commented on that, they've been very careful with their wording.

They aren't going to increase the amount of XP required for any of the current Reincarnations. I'm betting they're just going to add an additional grind on top of that.  So we can Epic Reincarnate at 30 or we can keep going and do a Legendary Reincarnation and then an Epic Reincarnation and then a TR after the other two.

I believe so, too. The distinction is in the Epic and Legendary tags, where Epic ends at 30.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #45 - Mar 6th, 2020 at 12:30pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Mar 6th, 2020 at 12:16pm:
I believe so, too. The distinction is in the Epic and Legendary tags, where Epic ends at 30.

It's like poetry...it rhymes.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #46 - Mar 6th, 2020 at 12:54pm
Print Post  
NOTpopejubal wrote on Mar 6th, 2020 at 12:04pm:

The preference I would have is that Legendary Experience does NOT reset/get lost on ER/TR.   

The same as Reaper XP does not reset and Epic Destiny Sphere XP does not reset.   

But the more likely scenario s that it gets wiped out and you get a legendary PL in exchange for it.

IP Logged

C Troll
Korthos Resident

Fuck Off

Reply #47 - Mar 6th, 2020 at 5:19pm
Print Post  
Here

Heroic 1-19
Epic 20-29
Legendary 30-39
Mythic 40-49
Cosmic 50

There, that’ll give em 10 years
Only 7 players will make it to 50
At 50, you pull a Leary
And transfer into the internet

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #48 - Mar 7th, 2020 at 1:47pm
Print Post  
C Troll wrote on Mar 6th, 2020 at 5:19pm:
Here

Heroic 1-19
Epic 20-29
Legendary 30-39
Mythic 40-49
Cosmic 50

There, that’ll give em 10 years
Only 7 players will make it to 50
At 50, you pull a Leary
And transfer into the internet

Personally I prefered the Original scale :

1-36 Heroic
1-XX Immortal

and the hamster wheel involved in moving from 36 Heroic to 1 Immortal.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Rose-tinted Goggles
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Nostalgia!

Reply #49 - Mar 8th, 2020 at 5:00pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Mar 4th, 2020 at 12:31pm:
It took the devs 5 years to carve out a a sizable end game where we can run everything in around less than 10 hours of quest time.

5 years at a pace of around 10 quests a year... This is their busy rate.

Obviously there will be a TR system here because raising the cap means they cannot, and never have been able to build anything that resembles an extensive end game.

The level 20 endgame (Pre-MotU) was the closest DDO has ever gotten to a traditional mmo endgame (emphasize on items rather than XP).

Turbine managed to stagger the loot back then to make multiple raids worth running without really invalidating past loot.

Raids:
  • eChrono: Best in slots, +4 tomes  
  • eDQ: Best in slots, +4 tomes
  • EVoN: Best in slots, +4 tomes
  • ToD: Best in slots, +4 tomes (most reliable, 4% chance for every item slot in the 20th list)
  • LoB: Best in slots, +4 tomes
  • Abbot: Best in slots, +3 tomes
  • Shroud: Best in slots, +3 tomes
  • Reaver: Madstone boots, +3 tomes 
  • VoD: Tharnes goggles, +3 tomes
  • HoX: Shields, +3 tomes
  • MA: Alchemical blanks

All these raids were worth running. Titan was even ran since Chattering Ring was best in slot for AC builds up until Cannith Crafting came out around Update 10/11.

Even If you had all the items you wanted from a certain raid you still ran it to get +3/+4 tomes. That is until the choice was made to sell +3 tomes in the store around late 2011 which killed off about half of the endgame raids overnight.

Epic quest and Raid lockouts (with no bypasses) incentivized running alts, increased content life, and limited the gap between hardcore and casual players. 

Heroic pastlives were a secondary focus, reincarnation was mostly used as a way to re-roll. Those who preferred farming XP rather than items got a small bonus for their efforts.

SSG really needs to follow this path with future updates. Removing bypasses/tomes from the store and staggering the loot (have one raid give rings, another weapons, etc) would be a great start. Although im not sure if they can do this given their current road map.
« Last Edit: Mar 9th, 2020 at 8:11pm by Rose-tinted Goggles »  

Update 1-13: The golden age of DDO

rest wrote on Oct 26th, 2012 at 12:53pm:
DDO is still the old fat wife I have at home who I can't fucking stand, but we've been together so long I can't see myself leaving.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint