Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Alchemist build worthwhile? (Read 8509 times)
NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Alchemist build worthwhile?
Aug 20th, 2020 at 10:46am
Print Post  
So even during my one shit-tacular Alchemist life where I tried to do Inquisitive and then Vistani throwing and got mediocre performance out of each of them, I could tell that Alchemist was strong. It just wasn’t especially fun for me.

Is anyone playing Alchemist here and finding that the strength of the class is enough to make up
For the bugs in vials disappearing when their target dies or just vanishing when something interrupts their path?

Alchemist seems like it should be the hot caster meta if someone can learn it well enough to get used to and work around the many bugs.

Does anyone have a high DC build that does excellent damage and has good defenses that they’re really enjoying?  The “really enjoying” part is the most important for my question.

IP Logged

Distributed
Abbot Raider

Re: Alchemist build worthwhile?
Reply #1 - Aug 20th, 2020 at 12:50pm
Print Post  
Yes

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Aug 20th, 2020 at 12:51pm
Print Post  
Indeed

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Aug 20th, 2020 at 1:07pm
Print Post  

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #4 - Aug 20th, 2020 at 2:20pm
Print Post  
Consensus seems to be that they are superior to sorcs. I don't know if you've heard, but sorcs are kinda hot atm.

Strake wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Gunga wrote on Oct 5th, 2022 at 2:27am:
Bitcoin. lul
--Who is luling in March 2025?
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #5 - Aug 20th, 2020 at 2:25pm
Print Post  
Good news for me, sorcs less likely to get the nerf-bat.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

the_biggest_dog
Waterworks Kobold

fuck

Reply #6 - Aug 24th, 2020 at 10:20am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 20th, 2020 at 1:07pm:

poor guy asked if alchemist is worth it, don't show him a shitty alchemist as a response

Rubbinns wrote on Oct 31st, 2020 at 7:26pm:
pretty dope shit. congratz. i take it back.

al ca mist

IP Logged

Justanotherlurker
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Aug 24th, 2020 at 10:52am
Print Post  
They are strong for sure but I cant stand the playstyle - to get the most out of them you should be spiking reactions constantly which just feels awful to play to me.

IP Logged

Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Reply #8 - Aug 24th, 2020 at 10:54am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 20th, 2020 at 2:25pm:
Good news for me, sorcs less likely to get the nerf-bat.

Sorcs are F2P, alchemists are not, have you learned nothing from the inquisitve shit fest, padawan?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Aug 25th, 2020 at 2:34am
Print Post  
the_biggest_dog wrote on Aug 24th, 2020 at 10:20am:
poor guy asked if alchemist is worth it, don't show him a shitty alchemist as a response

you right. link him your's, G.

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Aug 25th, 2020 at 3:16am
Print Post  
Something I found interesting about my Alcoholic lives..

I was doing Vistani and Poison with throwing dagger, & consistently stealing agro well after the 180k striking Horc Barb had engaged... with the 5-8k heal pops every 10 seconds... its really a nice 'vacation' build for cleaning your pallet.

If geared and speced properly can be the source of fucking massive damage.

IP Logged

the_biggest_dog
Waterworks Kobold

fuck

Reply #11 - Aug 25th, 2020 at 8:20am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 25th, 2020 at 2:34am:
you right. link him your's, G.

DING DING DING!!! He figured it out  Grin

al ca mist

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Aug 25th, 2020 at 11:05am
Print Post  
the_biggest_dog wrote on Aug 25th, 2020 at 8:20am:
DING DING DING!!! He figured it out  Grin

that explains why you're a dogshit melee

IP Logged

the_biggest_dog
Waterworks Kobold

fuck

Reply #13 - Aug 25th, 2020 at 11:37am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 25th, 2020 at 11:05am:
that explains why you're a dogshit melee

It’s aiight bruv, my melee is too hot to trot. Come talk when you get them 4 digits in r10. FWIW I think ranged is dog shit, it’s just fun to watch you guys squeal when someone’s better than you  Grin ;

al ca mist

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Aug 25th, 2020 at 11:58am
Print Post  
the_biggest_dog wrote on Aug 25th, 2020 at 11:37am:
Come talk when you get them 4 digits in r10

I can hit 5 lil nigga.

the_biggest_dog wrote on Aug 25th, 2020 at 11:37am:
FWIW I think ranged is dog shit

well your opinion is worthless, but good to know you agree with someone better than you in every single category

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #15 - Aug 25th, 2020 at 12:32pm
Print Post  
@the_biggest_dog - have you not figured out that you can't actually troll Rubbins, yet? His kind is immune to that. Continuing to try will only make you look bad and encourage others to join in. In general? Walking around the Vault like you're all big and bad is a fantastic way to get the shit trolled out of you. For reference, see kistilan, and his repeated weak-ass threats of lawsuits.

What's especially funny is if you actually engage Rubbins on a serious build discussion, he's condescending but helpful. He does know things. I think where he and I really clash(and I clash here with a lot of people) is on the debate between "fun" vs. "the biggest numbers".

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Aug 25th, 2020 at 12:38pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 25th, 2020 at 12:32pm:
he's condescending

i am sorry if i come across that way. it's just that i seem aloof because it is very hard for most people to relate to someone as witty, charming, handsome and sexy as I. I mean, just look at that profile pic....

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #17 - Aug 25th, 2020 at 12:51pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 25th, 2020 at 12:38pm:
i am sorry if i come across that way. it's just that i seem aloof because it is very hard for most people to relate to someone as witty, charming, handsome and sexy as I. I mean, just look at that profile pic....

I know, right?

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #18 - Aug 25th, 2020 at 1:22pm
Print Post  
What's especially funny is if you actually engage Rubbins on a serious build discussion, he's condescending but helpful. He does know things. I think where he and I really clash(and I clash here with a lot of people) is on the debate between "fun" vs. "the biggest numbers".

"No, no, don't call my 3 incher small, it's "fun" size" - Noamineo

IP Logged

the_biggest_dog
Waterworks Kobold

fuck

Reply #19 - Aug 25th, 2020 at 1:35pm
Print Post  
@the_biggest_dog - have you not figured out that you can't actually troll Rubbins, yet? His kind is immune to that. Continuing to try will only make you look bad and encourage others to join in. In general? Walking around the Vault like you're all big and bad is a fantastic way to get the shit trolled out of you. For reference, see kistilan, and his repeated weak-ass threats of lawsuits.

i'm just havin a good time, no stress here. Been here for a lot longer than you seem to think  Cool

al ca mist

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #20 - Aug 25th, 2020 at 1:37pm
Print Post  
the_biggest_dog wrote on Aug 25th, 2020 at 1:35pm:
i'm just havin a good time, no stress here. Been here for a lot longer than you seem to think  Cool

lol all good. I'm just the "friendly advice guy". Yep, friendly advice and occasional stupid questions. That and trolling are pretty much all I got going for me - and I'm not great at any of them.

IP Logged

the_biggest_dog
Waterworks Kobold

fuck

Reply #21 - Aug 25th, 2020 at 1:58pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 25th, 2020 at 1:37pm:
lol all good. I'm just the "friendly advice guy". Yep, friendly advice and occasional stupid questions. That and trolling are pretty much all I got going for me - and I'm not great at any of them.

hey man thats 3 more things than Rubbins can do. Not saying much but its something  Cheesy

al ca mist

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #22 - Aug 25th, 2020 at 2:05pm
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on Aug 25th, 2020 at 1:22pm:
"No, no, don't call my 3 incher small, it's "fun" size" - Noamineo

Its not the size of the hump, its the motion of the camel!

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #23 - Aug 25th, 2020 at 2:30pm
Print Post  
the_biggest_dog wrote on Aug 25th, 2020 at 1:58pm:
hey man thats 3 more things than Rubbins can do. Not saying much but its something  Cheesy

jesus. this is about as low effort as your melee

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #24 - Aug 25th, 2020 at 2:33pm
Print Post  
if biggest dog is gitsy on Khyber he kills trash mobs infuriatingly quickly as an alch

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint