Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Alchemist build worthwhile? (Read 8511 times)
Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Re: Alchemist build worthwhile?
Reply #50 - Aug 26th, 2020 at 6:54pm
Print Post  
the_biggest_dog wrote on Aug 26th, 2020 at 4:00pm:
ok i was gonna be done spamming this thread but thats funny as fuck. You have over 10000 posts on a shitty forum about a game from 2006, whatchu talking about fist fights for? Ole pasty ass havent seen the sun since Y2k ass SPF-150 usin ass bitch  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

bruh, i seen you on stream. your fluffy tits aint doing shit

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

SpaceGoat
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #51 - Aug 27th, 2020 at 9:48am
Print Post  
Gunga wrote on Aug 26th, 2020 at 11:47am:
The best alch I’ve seen in action is Gisty, and I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s just the best there is.  For some reason, he slammed his dick in the door, over and over, for weeks, before perfecting a build that he’s published with a guide.

After reading the guide, you can certainly make the build, but playing effectively and to the point where it’s actually enjoyable requires a couple of weeks of dick slamming.

Have fun.

Where is this guide you speak of? Kindly link for the slow ( or not in the know)

IP Logged

Justanotherlurker
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #52 - Aug 27th, 2020 at 9:51am
Print Post  
In the build repo on discord I could link but im lazy

IP Logged

SpaceGoat
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #53 - Aug 27th, 2020 at 10:01am
Print Post  
Justanotherlurker wrote on Aug 27th, 2020 at 9:51am:
In the build repo on discord I could link but im lazy

Ugh, not aware of that. Could someone kindly link? Much appreciated.

IP Logged

the_biggest_dog
Waterworks Kobold

fuck

Reply #54 - Aug 27th, 2020 at 10:18am
Print Post  
despite all the shit talking here i think its a pretty handy guide to someone confused on where to go with alch. Other than some things i keep to myself its just about maxed damage.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QRA1jI9vYQ2g9plZ-goCK1ZJORA4VXsxMLnDf01qYxQ/
edit

Rubbinns wrote on Oct 31st, 2020 at 7:26pm:
pretty dope shit. congratz. i take it back.

al ca mist

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #55 - Aug 27th, 2020 at 1:09pm
Print Post  
the_biggest_dog wrote on Aug 27th, 2020 at 10:18am:
despite all the shit talking here i think its a pretty handy guide to someone confused on where to go with alch. Other than some things i keep to myself its just about maxed damage.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QRA1jI9vYQ2g9plZ-goCK1ZJORA4VXsxMLnDf01qYxQ/
edit

G is a good alchemist. I enjoy his streaming, too. He's also kinda cute.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #56 - Aug 28th, 2020 at 9:23am
Print Post  
the_biggest_dog wrote on Aug 27th, 2020 at 10:18am:

edit

I noticed that there's no Int to Fort saves or Int to Will saves in the build. Taking one of those would mean giving up 1 caster level on the Multivial and Multivial SLA, but picking up +42 Will save in exchange.

Are the Will saves and other mental defenses like Protection from Evil and FoM already good enough that +lots Will doesn't matter? Or something else going on?

Not criticizing - just wondering what the reasoning was especially since the guide mentions Will save as a weak side on Alchemist.

IP Logged

Nubicus
Dragon Raider

Dick 2020

Reply #57 - Aug 29th, 2020 at 8:10pm
Print Post  
My build is not the greatest. Still working through it, trying to put some tweaks on it. I went the Ice route. It feels pretty strong. I need to find a way to put more hit points on it, but Smoke Bomb is actually pretty amazing as a defensive tactic.

I found a pretty reasonable route to keep triggering.

Before entering a room:
Quicksilver Potion->Displacement Draught-> Throw the SLA Vial of Frost at the wall -> Smoke Bomb.

This will set you up as having yellow only, so your first Multivial/Elemental Combination throw you'll have the Surge for only 53 SP. Cheaper if you cut the quicksilver.

Here's the link to my current set up:
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/517339-Ice-Bomber-Alchemist

I switch the green reaction when I'm doing things like Baba where I'm throwing DC Non-Damage spells like Frog and Flash Freeze for CC.

IP Logged

Ferd
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #58 - Aug 30th, 2020 at 10:34am
Print Post  
NOTpopejubal wrote on Aug 28th, 2020 at 9:23am:
I noticed that there's no Int to Fort saves or Int to Will saves in the build. Taking one of those would mean giving up 1 caster level on the Multivial and Multivial SLA, but picking up +42 Will save in exchange.

Are the Will saves and other mental defenses like Protection from Evil and FoM already good enough that +lots Will doesn't matter? Or something else going on?

Not criticizing - just wondering what the reasoning was especially since the guide mentions Will save as a weak side on Alchemist.

I ran the max DPS version of this build and will saves was an issue. Swapped out one of the advanced reactions feats for Int to will and this works better for me.
FWIW

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #59 - Oct 1st, 2020 at 7:19am
Print Post  
Okay, I almost don't want to post this because every "Alchemist is actually good" post is that much more weight on the "let's nerf Alchemists" scale for when the next class is released. But I really appreciate the advice and insights in this thread, so I want to share my experience after my first run through Alchemist with some understanding of what makes the class work compared to the Alchemist life I ran when Alchemist first came out.

Holy shit. Alchemist is really good. It's more work, but it's also more fun than Sorcerer now that I understand it better. More than once I've gone into a quest on R2 to farm gear and thought, "Aw shit. I'm going to have to recall because I want in on Normal by accident."

I'm not l33t enough to run the build as linked because I need some more defensive choices to save my ass in quests (like the Int to Will saves, etc) and I'm not as geared up with all the LGS (just a little LGS), but hot damn is Alchemist strong.  Sharn force damage that doesn't get stopped by Shield/Nightshield still sucks, but when you can completely ignore most spell damage with Evasion, that force damage is a lot more manageable. 

Reactions are managed with the order you cast spells, so set up the spells on your hotbar in a way that automatically gives you the reactions you want when you need them.  Having Greater blah-mind imbue to cast a cheap red spell whenever you want is great and you have a ton of Blue buffs and cheap yellow spells to get you in whatever state you need before the fight starts. Learn to start a fight in the state that will get you your desired reaction and then don't stress about the reaction during the fight,

Self healing is fantastic. MRR isn't as bad as you'd think with the Orb bonus (still not great).

Every level has outstanding spells. I want more spell slots at every level except 6. Even 6 has great spells - just not as many of them.

The only downside is the cooldown on your nuking spells.

IP Logged

bob the builder
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #60 - Oct 1st, 2020 at 6:39pm
Print Post  
I need alternate gear guide for Gisty... going to be a long time before I get that much LGS Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint