Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Ready for Ed preview on Lam? (Read 20022 times)
Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Re: Ready for Ed preview on Lam?
Reply #150 - Jun 23rd, 2021 at 2:37pm
Print Post  
Yep, the Great Feathering of Loot all over again... This time on the Named and Raid Loot instead of the Random one.

At least they won't tinker with the Epic SoS since it's part of the spaghetti code they don't want to come near.

Edit : it was actually the Great Ghostbanning of Loot... but since it was performed by Plume de Soleil and it was years ago...
« Last Edit: Jun 25th, 2021 at 4:07pm by Flav »  

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #151 - Jun 23rd, 2021 at 2:50pm
Print Post  
Take away 9 stat points... on something as hard to get as a minor artifact. Fucking hell.

I may be uninstalling, too.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

knockcocker
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #152 - Jun 23rd, 2021 at 3:35pm
Print Post  
You can get tmost of he same stats on Cannith Crafted @L30 as you can
on Blessing of the Family for instance.  i.e. Raid loot.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #153 - Jun 23rd, 2021 at 4:33pm
Print Post  
Read the feedback. The cocksuckers think this is great.

SSG really has eliminated all dissenting voices.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Poetry!

Reply #154 - Jun 23rd, 2021 at 5:04pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Jun 23rd, 2021 at 4:33pm:

SSG didn’t eliminate shit because they’re far too stupid to come up with anything other than broken shit that doesn’t work.  All the dissenting voices left on their own.

IP Logged

Bishop
Stormreaver Piker

Nothing lasts forever
but the earth and sky.

Reply #155 - Jun 24th, 2021 at 11:14am
Print Post  
Sorry to hear folks are not big fans of the ED revamps. But I really enjoyed the new changes on Lamma. I also can't wait to TR into a Horizon Walker and see what the new random loot is like!

Keep calm and game on all!

IP Logged

Hardcore_Girl
Dragon Raider

Hardcore or Go home!

Reply #156 - Jun 24th, 2021 at 2:44pm
Print Post  
Bishop wrote on Jun 24th, 2021 at 11:14am:
Sorry to hear folks are not big fans of the ED revamps.

All they had to do was to remove Karma and off-destiny levelling up. None of us expected those cocksuckers to go fiddle in the existing ED trees, especially with epic moment in T6. They could have added trees for missing classes in respective spheres and be done with it.
They just want to bring in their own builder spender crap system. I don't know what you are happy about.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #157 - Jun 24th, 2021 at 3:13pm
Print Post  
Hardcore_Girl wrote on Jun 24th, 2021 at 2:44pm:
All they had to do was to remove Karma and off-destiny levelling up. None of us expected those cocksuckers to go fiddle in the existing ED trees, especially with epic moment in T6. They could have added trees for missing classes in respective spheres and be done with it.
They just want to bring in their own builder spender crap system. I don't know what you are happy about.

You didnt expect it? We've known for like a year they wanted to level-gate EDs.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #158 - Jun 24th, 2021 at 3:38pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Jun 23rd, 2021 at 4:33pm:

No, the Protected Forum Paladins eliminated all dissenting voices... We all know why we went the Vault way after earning warnings or infractions because we rubbed a Protected Forum Paladin the wrong way. ( and since they are all in the same circle jerk they tell each other to pile infraction on a given person to infract it into oblivion )

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Shunned
Stormreaver Piker

Hi! You have multiple
personality disorder.

Reply #159 - Jun 24th, 2021 at 6:13pm
Print Post  
someone needs to go back and find all the quotes from Cordo when the ED changes leaked.  The ones whered he said these leaks are nothing like how its gonna be, blah blah blah.

And then post those right quotes right next to the notes and see its exactly the fucking same as the leaks.

lying sacks of shit.  Whole year, they knew everyone hated it, and after all that time they churn out the same fucking thing.

IP Logged

Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Poetry!

Reply #160 - Jun 24th, 2021 at 7:09pm
Print Post  
Shunned wrote on Jun 24th, 2021 at 6:13pm:
someone needs to go back and find all the quotes from Cordo when the ED changes leaked.  The ones whered he said these leaks are nothing like how its gonna be, blah blah blah.

And then post those right quotes right next to the notes and see its exactly the fucking same as the leaks.

lying sacks of shit.  Whole year, they knew everyone hated it, and after all that time they churn out the same fucking thing.

There’s absolutely nothing good I can say about SSG anymore. 

Nothing. 

I mean, when it gets to the point that I feel that firing Severlin and Steelstar outright is their only salvation, then it’s time for me to go…because the assholes running SSG - and this game into the ground - are obviously too fucking stupid to take a hint.
« Last Edit: Jun 24th, 2021 at 7:09pm by Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz »  

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #161 - Jun 24th, 2021 at 9:40pm
Print Post  
Shunned wrote on Jun 24th, 2021 at 6:13pm:

The problem is they never categorically denied anything. I asked Cordo outright MANY times if they were level-gating EDs, he never said no.

So yes they are lying sacks of shit who baited and switched us. But they havent' been outright caught in a lie yet.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #162 - Jun 25th, 2021 at 8:08am
Print Post  
Not longer after announcing that item nerf we have stat tomes on 20% discount. Stat tomes that will be of greater relative value after the update. Amazing front. "Improve your character", ha!

Next week: 20% off Keys of Destiny!

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #163 - Jun 25th, 2021 at 11:38am
Print Post  
It's over, boys. They are going to fuck reaper so unless you maxed a character you cannot hit DCs. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apJ9yo72cRg&t=2344s

You get some low hanging tier 1 and 2 abilities as you level through epics gated from your destiny, of which only a few are even useful ( sick! ).

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #164 - Jun 25th, 2021 at 12:45pm
Print Post  
I don't wish to defend them but isn't that sort of the point of Reaper?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #165 - Jun 25th, 2021 at 1:32pm
Print Post  
kum-gulp wrote on Jun 25th, 2021 at 12:45pm:
I don't wish to defend them but isn't that sort of the point of Reaper?

If it were any other studio running the game, ideally, yes. In all actual practicality what happens is maxed can hit DC and everyone else fails. How that makes the game harder when you are already maxed doesn't work because you still hit every time in ddo.

What they should do is increase reaper 10 percentage to one shot every one except a dedicated tank then. Place a soft cap on stat progression out of reaper, and disable reaper power from increasing any further. Expand on feats, spells, and abilities instead of stats. Stats should rarely go up. The game should always grow sideways.

Make loot that is extremely difficult to farm, collect, and craft. Instead of piddling little trashy packs of loot, or when released by large swaths of trash loot for an expansion. They already have items with such bad drop rates that farming them fairly would occupy you for a long time. Now just make that a thing with loot going forward. Not all of it, but chaser items.

Everyone would be happier.

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #166 - Jun 25th, 2021 at 4:06pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jun 25th, 2021 at 1:32pm:
In all actual practicality what happens is maxed can hit DC and everyone else fails.

This is just sad.

IP Logged

Mattyo
Dragon Raider

Rum & Coke. DO IT!

Reply #167 - Jun 25th, 2021 at 5:42pm
Print Post  
Farming item grinds suck.  Play EQ if you want to spend weeks farming a piece of loot.  I’m not into time-sinks like this at all.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #168 - Jun 25th, 2021 at 6:48pm
Print Post  
Mattyo wrote on Jun 25th, 2021 at 5:42pm:
  I’m not into time-sinks like this at all.

Said while playing ddo and time sunk untold hours to grind lives. who the fuck are you lying to...

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #169 - Jun 25th, 2021 at 7:19pm
Print Post  
Meh, it's the end of the world for whiners.

Jumped on Lam, lost 600 HP and 150 pos SP, put a group up and did a couple r10s, one of the new quests.

I hope they tweak the quests a bit harder because r10 felt like r7 dailies.

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

higgildypiggildy
Stormreaver Piker

I just mock the world

Reply #170 - Jun 26th, 2021 at 6:08am
Print Post  
Make loot that is extremely difficult to farm, collect, and craft. Instead of piddling little trashy packs of loot, or when released by large swaths of trash loot for an expansion. They already have items with such bad drop rates that farming them fairly would occupy you for a long time. Now just make that a thing with loot going forward. Not all of it, but chaser items.

Suck my big fat red cock
I would not be happier

Years hunting for the SoS.  Literally years.  100+ runs of the same raid. 
That's what rare loot is. 

fuck off and die to that idea.

I ain't got no mothafukkinsignature

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #171 - Jun 26th, 2021 at 8:35am
Print Post  

Yup.

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #172 - Jun 26th, 2021 at 9:52am
Print Post  
higgildypiggildy wrote on Jun 26th, 2021 at 6:08am:
Suck my big fat red cock
I would not be happier

Years hunting for the SoS.  Literally years.  100+ runs of the same raid. 
That's what rare loot is. 

fuck off and die to that idea.

You spent years playing anyway, and now you regret it? And suddenly it's my fault?

The game was a lot better when people hunted ross, sos, and torque shards. You would still get the shitty loot every pack, just like we do now, so you wouldn't be missing anything to play any build.

What you would not be getting in 10 runs of the newest pack and raid would be the chaser items, you low impulse control having bitch.

IP Logged

Hardcore_Girl
Dragon Raider

Hardcore or Go home!

Reply #173 - Jun 26th, 2021 at 10:24am
Print Post  
Farming item grinds suck.  Play EQ if you want to spend weeks farming a piece of loot.  I’m not into time-sinks like this at all.

You are an SSG cocksucker. Get the fuck out of here  Angry

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #174 - Jun 26th, 2021 at 2:41pm
Print Post  

The difference is in EQ you can actually predictably get an item with weeks of farming. You make progress towards it with every hour of grind.

With DDO you ***MIGHT*** get the item with 6 weeks of grinding. Or it might take 10 fucking years. You might get the item in 1 run or 500. There is zero predictability to it.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 
Send TopicPrint