Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Ready for Ed preview on Lam? (Read 20023 times)
noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Re: Ready for Ed preview on Lam?
Reply #125 - Jun 21st, 2021 at 11:58am
Print Post  
AAH wrote on Jun 21st, 2021 at 1:54am:
Did you notice the 5th one had a little post credits scene?  It was actually kind of funny.

I watched it originally on Amazon Prime which had no post-credits scene. I just ordered the DvDs a couple weeks ago, they are shipping from the other side of the world so taking forever and a day to get here. I plan to watch the series again once they arrive/have been ripped.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Hardcore_Girl
Dragon Raider

Hardcore or Go home!

Reply #126 - Jun 22nd, 2021 at 12:30am
Print Post  
And just like that, the crappy builder/spender system is gone. Morons thought it would be fun to play and they are surprised we didn't like it.
Also egostar confirmed that Epic past lives will be tied to the spheres, even though there won't be any spheres - cocksuckers cant even do a proper system design.

IP Logged

Shinyshoes
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #127 - Jun 22nd, 2021 at 12:52am
Print Post  
Yeah but now his little pet project has been ridiculed for the dross that it is, the next version will fuck things harder.

IP Logged

Rickyretardo
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #128 - Jun 22nd, 2021 at 1:22am
Print Post  
Hardcore_Girl wrote on Jun 22nd, 2021 at 12:30am:
And just like that, the crappy builder/spender system is gone. Morons thought it would be fun to play and they are surprised we didn't like it.
Also egostar confirmed that Epic past lives will be tied to the spheres, even though there won't be any spheres - cocksuckers cant even do a proper system design.

Have they/them/zer said anything about a replacement? more mp/rp and such, since removing that system will surely put the players at their heels in terms of raw power?

IP Logged

Edrein
Abbot Raider

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #129 - Jun 22nd, 2021 at 4:35am
Print Post  
Hardcore_Girl wrote on Jun 22nd, 2021 at 12:30am:

Reread the wording. They aren't removing it just yet. They clearly want to try and force it in before they have to fully admit defeat and remove it.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #130 - Jun 22nd, 2021 at 5:59am
Print Post  
Lyn actually tried saying ddo players aren't used to it. That it is a more game-y system than we are used to. Then my PTSD of all the game-y nerfs they put me through in the past triggered an episode.

And then I had terrible flashbacks off them installing a 1 second cooldown on item swaps so that I cannot swap instantaneously ( guess that wasn't game-y enough ). This was right before Ravenloft.

Then I remembered how they installed an attack pause anytime anyone swapped a weapon, or simply pressed a boost. Guess that also wasn't game-y enough. This was recent.

I guess it's only game-y and complex when they designed it and no one likes it or respects it. But instant swaps and boosting isn't complex enough, because, obviously, a slower, clunkier, builder/finisher system is wayyy more complex than on the fly seamless item swapping and boost management...

I hope pigeons shit on them everyday

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #131 - Jun 22nd, 2021 at 7:15am
Print Post  
For anyone without motherfuck access:

Quote:
Howdy folks! We've been hard at work reading and absorbing all of the feedback you have given us over the last week, and we wanted to share more about what we have been discussing. The following was put together by the folks working on these systems as a group, and I'm just posting their work, really:

We have more previews coming up shortly, but as a reminder, these previews are for Update 50, which is a different update than Update 51, which is the update with the Epic Destiny rework. What this means is that although we are still going to be iterating and building the ED framework behind the scenes, you won't get a chance to see it in action until likely after Update 50 launches.

So, without further ado, here's what we've got to share today:

1: Epic and Destiny feats

We started out this revamp assuming that we'd be able to proxy buff a ton of the old Epic and Destiny feats by adding in bonuses tied to the new ED abilities. It looks like we need to do more to make those feats more enticing. We can dedicate some time to revamp the lesser used options beyond making them tie in to the trees, and the tree tie-ins themselves can stand to be far punchier as well.

2: Returning Abilities

One of our bigger goals with this system was to complete a reorganization of some of the assorted Epic abilities into more appropriate places. This could be as complicated as moving all of the Smite Evil attacks from one tree to another, or as simple as ensuring that some cut abilities can end up somewhere appropriate. For example, the Tsunami spell is going to end up joining the Druid spell book rather than simply being removed forever. What we can do in the future is do a much better job of communicating when certain abilities will make a return, either as a feat, a class spell, or even in a new Epic Destiny down the line.

3: What belongs in Tier 5

A large amount of feedback thus far has been centered around the question of what belongs in tier 5. Our initial judgement was that things that were roughly tier 5 or 6 in the old destinies belonged in tier 5 of the new destinies. After this first preview, we've changed our minds considerably for quite a few abilities. Given that players will only get access to their tier 5 at level 30, we need each Tier 5 to contain either almost entirely new things or things that are too powerful to not remain exclusive, and let some tier 5/6 abilities pull downwards so that players can access them far sooner.

On that note, one of the most unexpected pieces of feedback for us was just how much love there was for the concept of an Epic Moment. With that in mind, we can do a better job ensuring that each tree has a T5 ability that matches those expectations, although we want to spend more time discussing internally before committing to that kind of redesign.

4: Monster and content difficulty

This debut on Lamannia didn't make it explicit enough that we are making big changes to the difficulty of monsters built for older Epic content quests. We're going to make sure monster stats take these changes into account. For comparison, switching a monster in older Epics to our new formulas often results in a loss of Maximum HP anywhere from 25 - 50%, depending on the individual monster's quirks. We will have more information about our monster adjustments in the next Epic Destiny Preview.

5: Ranged Power

We initially ballparked the amount of Ranged Power per core at 6. It's clear that this is not enough, so we'll be raising the Ranged Power per core to 8.

6: Builders, Spenders, and the Charge System

The overwhelming majority of the feedback has been centered on this, which is why we wanted to take some extra time and discuss our options with this system internally before committing to something. We're looking at several paths to follow, some which make the system less time sensitive, and some that cut it completely. The "charge" system as a whole is not formally necessary for this Epic Destiny overhaul, so if we need to we can move in a different direction.

7: Initial Destiny Points

A change we will be making internally that we wanted to tell you all right now about is that we will be raising the amount of Fate Points gained for each tree unlock to 3 from 2. This means that each Epic Destiny tree you unlock by speaking to the appropriate NPC will grant you 1 Permanent Destiny Points (because 3 fate points = 1 destiny point). This also means that the default starting point pool is 12 (from the 12 trees). We're going to experiment with this and see how it feels, and you'll likely get a chance to try out this higher starting point in the next Epic Destiny preview.

So, that's about it for this feedback response post right now, although we did want to end with answering a few Frequently Asked Questions just to be sure we're not making things overly confusing.

Question: Do the cores in each tree stack?

Answer: Yes! Everything but the Spell DCs specifically in each tree stacks with every other tree.

Question: What's happening to Epic Past Lives?

Answer: Every past life currently available will remain available after this overhaul. The only thing changing with Epic Past Lives is that you will get more Fate Points for your past lives. Also, going forward, you will no longer need to level up an Epic Destiny and gain Karma XP to Epic Reincarnate.

Question: Can you tell us about the other Destiny Trees you have planned?

Answer: They are thematically connected to Artificer, Alchemist, and Warlock (three classes whose mechanics and archetypes didn't get much specific love from the original ED system), and are not slated to be released in Update 51 with the initial set of 12 Epic Destinies.

Question: Are you doing this so you can build Legendary Destinies?

Answer: No, we are not. Funnily enough, the first paper draft of the epic overhaul from over a year ago involved something similar, but we opted to overhaul the current EDs instead due to internal feedback and feedback from the Player's Council. These new Destinies are built to scale with a huge number of points, and we're confident that allowing players to become more powerful within this system is a more compelling system of progression than pushing them to an entirely new one for Legendary content.

Question: Are you going to do anything about Reset Costs for the new EDs?

Answer: Yes, we are. Ideally any system doesn't completely bankrupt your character if you would like to spend your point differently. We will have more details once we finalize how the new cost to reset is structured.

Well, that's all we have for right now, although we still want to hear from you about how you feel about this overhaul. Please feel welcome to share your feedback with us!

They also mention elsewhere in response to DC on Epic mobs that not only HP will adjust.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #132 - Jun 22nd, 2021 at 7:40am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jun 22nd, 2021 at 5:59am:
Lyn actually tried saying ddo players aren't used to it. That it is a more game-y system than we are used to.

Charge-y mechanic's the key to all this, if we get the Charge-y mechanic working.
Cause it's a game-yer and complex-yer mechanic than we've ever had in the games...Hopefully it will work.

IP Logged

Rickyretardo
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #133 - Jun 22nd, 2021 at 8:56am
Print Post  
kum-gulp wrote on Jun 22nd, 2021 at 7:15am:

They also mention elsewhere in response to DC on Epic mobs that not only HP will adjust.

Thanks for posting this.

It is not that I do not have access, but they post so much shit all over the mobos and discord it is very easy to miss stuff ... and it´s also Euro 2020 football on day time and NHL at nights so not much time between shoving oval shaped fruits up my ass while chasing that 50% extra orgasm thanks to autoerotic asphyxiation and watching sports while trying to simulate some sort of work progress in the lockdown...

IP Logged

SpaceGoat
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #134 - Jun 22nd, 2021 at 1:46pm
Print Post  
kum-gulp wrote on Jun 22nd, 2021 at 7:15am:

Where was this posted btw?

IP Logged

SpaceGoat
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #135 - Jun 22nd, 2021 at 2:30pm
Print Post  
SpaceGoat wrote on Jun 22nd, 2021 at 1:46pm:
Where was this posted btw?

found it, not sure why it wasn't on the dev tracker.

IP Logged

Nuic
DQ Assaulter

OMEGALUL

Reply #136 - Jun 22nd, 2021 at 2:47pm
Print Post  
So you fuckers thought you could escape the nerfs. Huh?

IP Logged

Latetotheparty
Dragon Raider

Reply #137 - Jun 22nd, 2021 at 3:47pm
Print Post  
Was that sigil on Lam?
If that is for real the forums will explode.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

Reply #138 - Jun 22nd, 2021 at 3:54pm
Print Post  
Haha no fucking way. I wonder if they know how fucking incompetent they look constantly handing out and walking back power.

IP Logged

cheap beer for days
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #139 - Jun 22nd, 2021 at 4:08pm
Print Post  
They are nerfing all legendary items, and keen no longer adds weapon dice.  It bypass all fort on a roll of 20.  RL, Sharn, and Feywild will all have the same item stats.  All in the name of balance.  Wtf are these douchebags doing?

IP Logged

Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Poetry!

Reply #140 - Jun 22nd, 2021 at 4:58pm
Print Post  
cheap beer for days wrote on Jun 22nd, 2021 at 4:08pm:
They are nerfing all legendary items, and keen no longer adds weapon dice.  It bypass all fort on a roll of 20.  RL, Sharn, and Feywild will all have the same item stats.  All in the name of balance.  Wtf are these douchebags doing?

Wait. 

This is the first I’ve heard of that.  Have you got a link?

IP Logged

Cripey
Shroud Slacker

Fuck you, thats my name.

Reply #141 - Jun 22nd, 2021 at 5:03pm
Print Post  
Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz wrote on Jun 22nd, 2021 at 4:58pm:
Wait. 

This is the first I’ve heard of that.  Have you got a link?

https://www.ddo.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/266-Lamannia-News-amp-Official-Discu...

Grands Superhero IRL

Or as they say in Ireland -
Derp derp derp derp. Yellow moons. Lassie.

Hordo wrote on Nov 21st, 2012 at 8:07am:
EDIT: BTW I love your post.  It reads as if English is your 3rd language behind gibberish and dipshit.

majmalphunktion wrote on Mar 20th, 2014 at 6:11pm:
what the fuck guys...

Jeesus fucking shit. This shit gets me called to the principals office.

Assholes.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

Reply #142 - Jun 22nd, 2021 at 5:06pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

Reply #143 - Jun 22nd, 2021 at 5:10pm
Print Post  
They have a lot of interesting ways to not outright say, "We want to raise the cap and need to take some character power back to feed that new level span".

I'm not opposed to it, even if the scaling back of mobs isn't quite aligned - easy game is boring game - but there's lots of dancing round trying to avoid saying they spunked their wad too soon.

IP Logged

Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Poetry!

Reply #144 - Jun 22nd, 2021 at 5:15pm
Print Post  
Thanks guys.  I read that, then immediately uninstalled the game.

I won’t be back either.  What’s more is that I hope that every single one of the drooling morons at SSG is unemployed by the end of the week.

IP Logged

Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Poetry!

Reply #145 - Jun 22nd, 2021 at 5:17pm
Print Post  
Hope those drooling shit stains like the 180 day credit card chargeback I’m about to pull on them too.

IP Logged

Cripey
Shroud Slacker

Fuck you, thats my name.

Reply #146 - Jun 22nd, 2021 at 5:40pm
Print Post  
These last 2 lamania previews definatley make me feel like an altar boy in the catholic church. Just all kinds of fucked

Grands Superhero IRL

Or as they say in Ireland -
Derp derp derp derp. Yellow moons. Lassie.

Hordo wrote on Nov 21st, 2012 at 8:07am:
EDIT: BTW I love your post.  It reads as if English is your 3rd language behind gibberish and dipshit.

majmalphunktion wrote on Mar 20th, 2014 at 6:11pm:
what the fuck guys...

Jeesus fucking shit. This shit gets me called to the principals office.

Assholes.

IP Logged

somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #147 - Jun 22nd, 2021 at 6:02pm
Print Post  
Well, I had like some small glimmer of hope, that it might all be ok.

But it's not.

I haven't logged in since they announced the 51 changes, and this is the uninstall event.

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

Edrein
Abbot Raider

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #148 - Jun 22nd, 2021 at 11:17pm
Print Post  
I'm not even mad about the descaling. I'm mad about the reasoning.

The game could have used a number crunch a while ago but they refused to listen. RL sets needed to be brought more in line with Sharn and Feywild, they didn't listen.

So their decision was to nerf everything down to their 'pass' on the tiered raids from a few years ago and call it the new loot cap.

Again, I can deal with that and even live with it. Atleast all of the 29 gear is the same power level.

What I can't stand or deal with is the fact this is happening solely to justify the gear creep of them fucking with the level cap to 34. I could have swallowed the power decrease pill, could have even swallowed some of the ED changes, but I think it's safe to say I'm done wanting to play devil's advocate for them.

As someone who's worked in the game industry, it's genuinely unfathomable how Turdbin/SSG have operated over the years, but especially since the creation of SSG. I don't think there's any other studio including EA with a team of devs that are so hostile to player feedback, so refusing to budge from their disillusioned myopic view of their game, and completely out of touch with both the code and system as SSG.

IP Logged

Hardcore_Girl
Dragon Raider

Hardcore or Go home!

Reply #149 - Jun 23rd, 2021 at 9:59am
Print Post  
Fucking disgusting. What's even more - SSG cocksuckers sucking Lynns cock even more in discord...well at this rate only they will be left post U50 and open up their mouths whenever SSG wants.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 
Send TopicPrint