Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Lvl 20 Epic TR Warlock gear? (Read 5494 times)
OSeanessy
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Lvl 20 Epic TR Warlock gear?
Nov 24th, 2021 at 12:39pm
Print Post  
I was hoping I could have some gearing advice for my ES Epic TR Warlock... most of my equipment is poor for level 20 then doesn't change until lvl 29.

Helm_ lvl 5 crown of snow
Neck- epic golden guile (for ghostly only)
Trinket- epic voice of the master... no augments yet
Belt- of crystaline vanity-insight and quality cha and PRR
Ring 1- celestial topaz... just offers parrying and cha
Ring 2- skulled ring- necro. focus
Gloves- Silver sigil gloves-ghostly, lesser displacement, parrying +4
Boots- Sunken slippers- stacking potency and +1 quality cha
Goggles- the only crafted-evocation focus and spell pen.
Armor, cloak, bracers- Flamecleansed Fury set
Main Hand- Epic sceptre of combustion- no filagree- i don't understand it yet
Orb- Epic Coalesced Coinage

I'm looking for max lvl 20/21 gear to use for Epic TRs

I know the gear is little thought-out and some really shit/unnecessary. Hope someone can offer a couple of pointers.

Thanks

IP Logged

OSeanessy
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Re: Lvl 20 Epic TR Warlock gear?
Reply #1 - Nov 24th, 2021 at 1:53pm
Print Post  
Just slotted Epic Elder's Knowledge- head and neck- btw

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #2 - Nov 24th, 2021 at 2:38pm
Print Post  
This has been a major gripe in the game for a couple of years now. With 4 xpacs in a row full of ml29 shit. The ONLY decent ML26 gear comes from raids. We all pretty much end up wearing our ml15 sharn gear all the way to 29 and it SUCKS.

At least now that the old epic gear has been revamped and made much easier to obtain, there might be some options there. You definitely shouldn't still be wearing an ML5 piece at 20. What are you getting from that crown of snow thats so important?

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Nov 24th, 2021 at 2:45pm
Print Post  
look at the lists of updated ML20 gear from that various legacy quests... there are some excellent options there, and you can make things even better by farming the Gem Trinket for a good pair sets on it.  Free re-rolls on legacy (ship cargo hold etc) epic altar of change

IP Logged

OSeanessy
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Nov 24th, 2021 at 3:36pm
Print Post  
There really isn't much I'm getting from that ml 5 crown of snow, cerulain wave frequently freezes epic trash but trash that i could kill in half a second anyway.. and the cold fire shield looks kind of nice

... replaced with epic elder's cap now anyway for +10% spell crit

What are the legacy quests? Do you mean things like epic sands/ red fens gear?

... not sure what you mean by the free re-rolls on legacy/ships cargo hold either

Thanks

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #5 - Nov 24th, 2021 at 4:36pm
Print Post  
OSeanessy wrote on Nov 24th, 2021 at 3:36pm:
There really isn't much I'm getting from that ml 5 crown of snow, cerulain wave frequently freezes epic trash but trash that i could kill in half a second anyway.. and the cold fire shield looks kind of nice

... replaced with epic elder's cap now anyway for +10% spell crit

What are the legacy quests? Do you mean things like epic sands/ red fens gear?

... not sure what you mean by the free re-rolls on legacy/ships cargo hold either

Thanks

A lot of the old Shard/Seal Scroll gear was updated to be on par with the current power curve(which was nice).

The "re-rolls" Zooper is referring to is updating the old stuff to the new, which is free at the legacy altar in the 12.

I personally just went through getting the Elder's set but punched all the way up to 30. Its fitting nicely on my sorc.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #6 - Nov 25th, 2021 at 6:05am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Nov 24th, 2021 at 2:38pm:
We all pretty much end up wearing our ml15 sharn gear all the way to 29 and it SUCKS.

Lies. This is a feature. It is lovely.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Nov 25th, 2021 at 9:47am
Print Post  
OSeanessy wrote on Nov 24th, 2021 at 3:36pm:

Thanks

The Gem of Many Facets...

When you make it epic.. it becomes a part of 2 different effect/bonus sets,

1 Chrono and 1 Sands/Fens/VoN

The Chrono Set is 3 or 5 piece, while the S/F/V is 2 piece (I believe)

That combo of sets can be CRUCIAL in the difference between a good gear set and a really GREAT gear set.

Make your GoMF epic... then take to you cargo hold Altar of Epic Change... if you use it on the altar, it will reset and get a different random set.... and you can reset it as many times as you want.

Read the release docs... figure out what sets you want for your Gem, and spend a few minutes re-rolling... it really doesn't take all THAT long to get the set combo you want.

Remember, you can only get 1 Chrono Set effect and 1 other

The 5 piece Chrono really isn't worth it... 3 piece is the way to go along with 2 piece other.

Use this along with some nice favorite bits and bobbles from various gear available and you should be quite happy with the results.

Mind you, it's a bit of gear-tetris to figure out what piece of equipment is 'best in slot' because of the effects it brings to the party... don't get too attached to having something somewhere JUST because it's what you've always had... a little research might bring an even better item into play that has better results over-all.

And don't forget, almost ALL coveted effects can be supplied via augment now, not to mention crafting opened up a bit as well. So craft an item on a 2 slot blank and you can really stack your boosts
« Last Edit: Nov 25th, 2021 at 1:25pm by ZooperDooper »  

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #8 - Nov 25th, 2021 at 12:40pm
Print Post  
Can't you just set the gem of many facets to the version you want when you initially epic/legend it?

Very useful feature, though.

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Nov 25th, 2021 at 1:06pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Nov 25th, 2021 at 12:40pm:
Can't you just set the gem of many facets to the version you want when you initially epic/legend it?

Very useful feature, though.

No.. the set combo you get is random

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Nov 25th, 2021 at 1:26pm
Print Post  
Also.. forgot that a bunch of weapons have the set bonuses now too
« Last Edit: Nov 25th, 2021 at 1:27pm by ZooperDooper »  

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #11 - Nov 25th, 2021 at 1:34pm
Print Post  
ZooperDooper wrote on Nov 25th, 2021 at 1:06pm:
No.. the set combo you get is random

Fucking SSG and their nerd-boner for RNG! That is so fucked up.

Do you know if it at least keeps the same when you Legendary it?

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Nov 25th, 2021 at 4:21pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Nov 25th, 2021 at 1:34pm:
Fucking SSG and their nerd-boner for RNG! That is so fucked up.

Do you know if it at least keeps the same when you Legendary it?

THAT I have no idea... I haven't made any legendary as I haven't run any of the Swamp content to gather the mats... been doing heroic past lives the last year...

IP Logged

OSeanessy
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Nov 25th, 2021 at 5:14pm
Print Post  
Cheers for the advice.

So with the GoMF, say, with Abashai do I still need two other Abishai items equipped?

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Nov 25th, 2021 at 5:27pm
Print Post  
OSeanessy wrote on Nov 25th, 2021 at 5:14pm:
Cheers for the advice.

So with the GoMF, say, with Abashai do I still need two other Abishai items equipped?

Yes, but only 1 to complete the 2nd set. You can actually manage MORE then 2 sets effects, as some gear sets belong to gear that doesn't fall into the spots you need for the 1st two sets Smiley

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #15 - Nov 25th, 2021 at 5:35pm
Print Post  
ZooperDooper wrote on Nov 25th, 2021 at 4:21pm:
THAT I have no idea... I haven't made any legendary as I haven't run any of the Swamp content to gather the mats... been doing heroic past lives the last year...

Fortunately enough frags can be farmed in about an hour or two to legendary an epic. My problem is at present I'm not sure its worth it. At present I've managed to get a sharn set, a feywild 4 piece set, and the Elder's Knowledge set and that might be about as well as I can do without raid loot.

That said I'm always up for collecting more. At this point I just like finding items, even if they aren't best in slot.

IP Logged

Linker
Dragon Raider

It's all the same

Reply #16 - Nov 25th, 2021 at 9:53pm
Print Post  
ZooperDooper wrote on Nov 25th, 2021 at 9:47am:
The Gem of Many Facets...

When you make it epic.. it becomes a part of 2 different effect/bonus sets,

1 Chrono and 1 Sands/Fens/VoN

The Chrono Set is 3 or 5 piece, while the S/F/V is 2 piece (I believe)

That combo of sets can be CRUCIAL in the difference between a good gear set and a really GREAT gear set.

Make your GoMF epic... then take to you cargo hold Altar of Epic Change... if you use it on the altar, it will reset and get a different random set.... and you can reset it as many times as you want.

Read the release docs... figure out what sets you want for your Gem, and spend a few minutes re-rolling... it really doesn't take all THAT long to get the set combo you want.

Remember, you can only get 1 Chrono Set effect and 1 other

The 5 piece Chrono really isn't worth it... 3 piece is the way to go along with 2 piece other.

Use this along with some nice favorite bits and bobbles from various gear available and you should be quite happy with the results.

Mind you, it's a bit of gear-tetris to figure out what piece of equipment is 'best in slot' because of the effects it brings to the party... don't get too attached to having something somewhere JUST because it's what you've always had... a little research might bring an even better item into play that has better results over-all.

And don't forget, almost ALL coveted effects can be supplied via augment now, not to mention crafting opened up a bit as well. So craft an item on a 2 slot blank and you can really stack your boosts

Any way to do this on the legendary set? Doesn't work for me out of the bat ( neither does it work on altar of change - I got me some attuned facets ).

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Nov 25th, 2021 at 10:38pm
Print Post  
Linker wrote on Nov 25th, 2021 at 9:53pm:
Any way to do this on the legendary set? Doesn't work for me out of the bat ( neither does it work on altar of change - I got me some attuned facets ).

Gonna hazard a guess that if you didn't set it up in Epic you're stuck with it when you make it Legendary.. but that's just a guess... based on there not being a legacy Legendary Altar of change... the legacy altar is what lets you do it
« Last Edit: Nov 26th, 2021 at 6:42am by ZooperDooper »  

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #18 - Nov 26th, 2021 at 12:34am
Print Post  
Well now I have to figure out what 2 sets I wat my gem of many facets to go on...

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Nov 26th, 2021 at 12:25pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Nov 26th, 2021 at 12:34am:
Well now I have to figure out what 2 sets I wat my gem of many facets to go on...

Oh... btw....

did I forget to mention you can CRAFT on the gem as well?

Put some ML20 crafting on it and when you're ready you've got something truly tasty waiting
« Last Edit: Nov 26th, 2021 at 12:26pm by ZooperDooper »  

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #20 - Nov 26th, 2021 at 12:55pm
Print Post  
ZooperDooper wrote on Nov 26th, 2021 at 12:25pm:
Oh... btw....

did I forget to mention you can CRAFT on the gem as well?

Put some ML20 crafting on it and when you're ready you've got something truly tasty waiting

I DID see that on the DDO wiki but wasn't sure if it was a typo. On the legendary version that would be even tastier given how many difficult-to-slot things you can fit on a trinket. Its really irritating that they have the RNG on it, if you had the ability to just configure it as you pleased it would easily be a best-in-slot.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #21 - Nov 27th, 2021 at 2:14pm
Print Post  
So good news - you do not need the legacy guild ship altar to re-roll your gem of many facets. The legacy altar in the 12 will do the job just fine.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #22 - Nov 27th, 2021 at 2:29pm
Print Post  
FUCK.

So I spent an hour re-rolling the gem until I got the set combo I wanted. I then took it over to the Legendary altar and made it legendary.

That process applied a new random set. Fuck.

Ok, spent some time screwing around with it. You can re-roll the legendary version for 100 fucking threads of fate. But fortunately it tells you in advance what you are getting(before you hit the button).

What you have to do is open the window, drop the gem in, mouse over it to see what you're getting. Close the window and start over until you see the combo you want(expect this to take an hour or two as there are many, many possible combos).

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #23 - Nov 27th, 2021 at 2:48pm
Print Post  
FUCK. FUCK.

So after spending a bunch more time getting the correct set combo at the legendary level, I took it in to craft on it.

Guess what happened?

That's right. Disjuncting the gem sets YET ANOTHER random set combo on it. Seriously.

What the fuck is wrong with SSG?

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #24 - Nov 27th, 2021 at 3:14pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Nov 27th, 2021 at 2:48pm:
FUCK. FUCK.

So after spending a bunch more time getting the correct set combo at the legendary level, I took it in to craft on it.

Guess what happened?

That's right. Disjuncting the gem sets YET ANOTHER random set combo on it. Seriously.

What the fuck is wrong with SSG?

Ouch... always disjunct first

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint