Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Highest Ranged DPS In The Game 14/6 Shuri Thrower Bow Hybrid (Read 43842 times)
Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Highest Ranged DPS In The Game 14/6 Shuri Thrower Bow Hybrid
Mar 3rd, 2022 at 12:02am
Print Post  
This build came forth from Carpone and I tossing ideas around. It started with him going to HW on the ranger splashed throwers. And I asked why not hybrid? This is the answer.

I know this is the highest possible ranged dps in the game unless you got a mega cheat for another ranged. Otherwise this is it. No cheats, nerf proof, shit on your ranged, ranged build.

Why nerf proof? Because no one is going to go around and keep misty stepping 5 times and weapon swapping 4 times every minute to just do some reaper xp and raid loot farming.

This is something only highly skilled motherfuckers will do when raid pushing. Which means only I will be using this and not in the immediate future since we aren't raid pushing atm. Though if you are and you need a ranged, you bring this.

Why 14/6? Because Sniper + Hunt edges out pure 20 monk shuri over time, and this gives the build a "fuck you" combo for random trash deletion. And that I cannot bow hybrid on the pure 20 without taking a lot of feats that I don't think it can realistically spare. Even if it could it is behind the 14/6.

Don't do the 8/6/6 shitter builds. Whichever bad convinced you other bads to be bad together should just anoint me the ranged lord god emperor, and shower me with praise for posting this. YW btw.

Now the build :

Same feats you always take on a shuri. There. That was easy. If you can't figure this out ask me or give up on the build. Choice is yours. Hint : Zen Archery because it is better to spare a feat than it is to burn ED ap for it.

AP : Tier 5 + capstone in HW. Halfling race tree for +1 critical threat range.

ED AP : 33 Shiradi, 16 SD, 14 GmoF.

You run in fire stance and have 100 dex in reaper while drinking both dex potions and using the following filigree set in your (shuriken only) :

3 shattered set 3 dmg 3 dshot
rp rare 5
rp rare 5 ( artifact )
+1 attack/damage

2 wildhunt set 5 rp
sneak damage 2 rp 2
rp 5

4 Spines set; 2 damage 3 deflect 10 rp
raid 10 rp
raid 10 rp ( artifact )
rp
+1 hit/dmg
2 wreath 5% fire absorb

3 treachery set; 5rp 1 sneak dice
raid treachery 2 dex
raid 2 dex ( artifact )
treachery dex
2 cloak +2 reflex

dance/next fall raid 2 dex
dance/next fall raid 2 dex ( artifact )
5% deflect +2 dmg

62 rp
9 dmg
9 dex =4dmg or 6 damage after trance for a total of +15 dmg
1 sneak dice
2 sneak damage
3 dshot

gear :

Goggles ~ Tinkers (set 1; rp/Fort) all sneak attack. 2 slots = hamp/dodge

Helm ~ Final Watcher ins ds/seeker/accuracy/q deadly. 2 slots = festive dex 2/doubleshot augment set 1

Neck ~ Golden Guile 4 fili /imp deception/+14 dex. 3 slots = deathblock/swiftness/doubleshot augment set 1

trinket ~ Gem of Many Facets. resistance/true sight/ins accuracy. Dual set vulkoor chosen and might. 1 slot draconic.

Cloak ~ Silver Scale ins dex/ins shelter/dodge. 2 slots =  dark diversion/festive wisdom

Belt ~ Slaver belt wis/bypass/spot/q wis slot = doubleshot augment set 1

ring ~ MA acid. 2 slots ; litany/prr 30 augment set 1

Gloves ~ Tinkers (set1: RP/Fort) all seeker/q dex/reflex. 2 slots ins wisdom 5/cracked core

Boots  ~ Slavers shelter/Deception/tendon/q con. prr 30 augment set 2

ring ~ Lionheart action boost/ins bypass/ins con. 1 slot accuracy

bracers ~ Claw con/parry/fort/false life. 2 slots ; festive con/ins dex

Armour ~ RDA 2 slots = prr 30 augment set/rp 10

Quiver ~ Dynamistic doubleshot 8

Offhand Legendary Sting (set 3: sneak/dex/con). 1 slot globe

Bow Filigree : TBD.

Notes : if you have reaper helm +2 stats you can change the dex node in VKF and pick up FE damage in DWS. Also you can drop a monk level and grab 1 rogue for trapping + nimble finger feat. AKA the Carpone ranger splash shuri. I refuse to trap and aint giving up 5% dshot. But if you're a team player then do this.

How to play it : Use 10k stars. Swap to bow when 10k stars is on cooldown and spam bow attacks for 30 seconds until 10k is off cooldown. You now utilize the best aspects of both ranged builds.

Eat your heart out, Tilo. You will never be better builder than I. Never

« Last Edit: Mar 3rd, 2022 at 12:14am by Rubbinns »  

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Re: Highest Ranged DPS In The Game 14/6 Shuri Thrower Bow Hybrid
Reply #1 - Mar 3rd, 2022 at 12:11am
Print Post  
Your next question should be : "but, rubb... what do we do if we want to just farm reaper xp and raid loot because no raid pushes atm"? In which case you go tier 5 dws.

AP for 14/6 DWS tier 5 set up.

Filigree are same. If you do not have a reaper dex hat then you use +1 dex spine instead of +1 attack and damage spine. If you do not have all the lives for dexterity increases then you use another filigree set up that pushes dex and you have to stay in wind stance.

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #2 - Mar 3rd, 2022 at 2:42pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Mar 3rd, 2022 at 12:02am:
And that I cannot bow hybrid on the pure 20 without taking a lot of feats that I don't think it can realistically spare.

Assuming at least one you bow or shuriken is keen...then it's just Zen Archery and Manyshot, isn't it? And you can pick up ZA in GMoF. You say burn the feat instead, but whether that is worth it will depend on how many destiny points you have and what feat you are giving up.

Rubbinns wrote on Mar 3rd, 2022 at 12:02am:
Offhand Legendary Sting (set 3: sneak/dex/con). 1 slot globe

Sting just for the set bonus? When you're going to be swapping to a 2handed bow for 30 seconds of every 60?  Huh

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Mar 3rd, 2022 at 3:08pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Mar 3rd, 2022 at 2:42pm:
Assuming at least one you bow or shuriken is keen...then it's just Zen Archery and Manyshot, isn't it? And you can pick up ZA in GMoF. You say burn the feat instead, but whether that is worth it will depend on how many destiny points you have and what feat you are giving up.

Monk already gets less feats than 14/6. So giving up anything is going to hurt one build more than the other here. Taking the feat allows for the +6 damage in fire stance from gmof which needs 63 ed ap.

Also the ap split. Assuming t5 + cap HW. Pure doesn't get sniper to combo with hunt when 10k'ing, less base damage from less FE damage. It doesn't get a second ranged power boost. It cannot grab the spy capstone for the shuri multiplier so it loses all the benefits of going pure in the first place since the crit profile is now the same as 14/6 but without all of the above. It also ends up with less sneak dice because it cannot grab cores 18 and 20, while 14/6 gets the extra sneak dice from DWS putting it 1d6 ahead.

5 Foot Step wrote on Mar 3rd, 2022 at 2:42pm:
Sting just for the set bonus? When you're going to be swapping to a 2handed bow for 30 seconds of every 60?

I designed it that way so it gets 100 dex in fire without having to tenser every minute and it's only really needed during the 10k window anyway.
« Last Edit: Mar 3rd, 2022 at 3:08pm by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #4 - Mar 3rd, 2022 at 4:12pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Mar 3rd, 2022 at 3:08pm:
Monk already gets less feats than 14/6. So giving up anything is going to hurt one build more than the other here. Taking the feat allows for the +6 damage in fire stance from gmof which needs 63 ed ap.

Pure monk has enough feats.

Level 1: Point Blank Shot
Level 1(M): Shuriken Expertise
Level 2(M): Precision
Level 3: Precise Shot
Level 6: Rapid Shot
Level 6(M):10K Stars
Level 9: Completionist
Level 12 : Improved Critical

By level 15 your best option is what? Weapon Focus? So right there you can use 15 & 18 to get Zen Archery and Manyshot without even dipping into epic feats.

I guess the problem is a pure halfling monk isn't proficient with longbows. So barring a trick to gain proficiency (which there are, but might not be worth it), you're looking at spending a feat on proficiency too. So you're giving up your least favorite epic feat or taking it at 15 and relegating ZA to GMoF points.

Also the ap split. Assuming t5 + cap HW. Pure doesn't get sniper to combo with hunt when 10k'ing,

For pure I think you'd still want nerfed DI instead of Hunt's End. (Guessing on how the next incarnation of DI turns out from discord chatter.)

It doesn't get a second ranged power boost.

You're saying taking RP boost from DWS and NS gives you 2 different pools of boost? That's fascinating, but if you need more than 1 pool, you're not using Draconic Reinvigoration, and if you're not reinvigging at this level of play, then you're not doing it right.

It cannot grab the spy capstone for the shuri multiplier so it loses all the benefits of going pure in the first place since the crit profile is now the same as 14/6 but without all of the above. It also ends up with less sneak dice because it cannot grab cores 18 and 20, while 14/6 gets the extra sneak dice from DWS putting it 1d6 ahead.

Umm, why not go t5 HW + NS capstone? What do you lose? 2 manyshot charges?

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Mar 3rd, 2022 at 7:08pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Mar 3rd, 2022 at 4:12pm:
Pure monk has enough feats.

Ranger gets 3 more. Either way it's an advantage.

but if you need more than 1 pool, you're not using Draconic Reinvigoration, and if you're not reinvigging at this level of play, then you're not doing it right.

That is some paper tiger theory. Reinvig is ass. I'll start worrying about swapping my offhand, and trying to land an invig proc in my 30 second 10k window, while tanking my dshot and sneak dice, as i sit there on some 100 second timer per boost, after i start running low on 21 boosts. Playing yourself here. Really displays your skill level when playing a build you have mained since 2014. I'll just run through quests boosting until every thing is dead. I thought i laid this reinvig joke to rest in your purey shuri thread.

But you do you. The audacity of you to try and pop shit while im feeding you superior versions of your own build in your own thread.

Umm, why not go t5 HW + NS capstone? What do you lose? 2 manyshot charges? 

Post an ap split. No matter what you do it is lower than what 14/6 can access. 41 ns + 35 HW with 5 left over. you net the 4 sneak dice ( 9 when bursting ), but you give up making every thing a favored enemy from marked target, which can triple up on certain mobs that have 2 types. Giving 7 base damage more from 3 more FE and +1 in DWS. Nine damage if the pure only has one type of the mob's FE. NS on pure recovers 1 damage from the NS tiers since 14/6 only takes 3 of them and not 4.

Dark Imbue not having a 50+ x multiplier makes it a very meh option. It can whiff on a 1 or a dodge or a blur and the dps plummets. Where that would have been an acceptable loss when it was doing up to 60k it is infinitely worse at under 2k.

All in all pure ends up at 1 crit multi and 4 sneak dice ( 9 bursting ) ahead, while having a worse bow swap due to not having hunt's end. Or do you mean di while 10k then hunt while bow? In which case it still ends up at a lower 10k burst since it cannot sniper and has a lower bow doubleshot and base. The only reason pure monk is competitive is because it can hit 5 stars when 10k + reaper boosting. Outside of that it is worse overall.

The things I do love about pure are the diversion dummy from core 18 in NS. It spawns a dummy with your current threat. Some mobs sometimes, rarely, may ignore it but you can just kite around the dummy and it will aggro the dummy. Love using it. It can take a few hits from some r10 bosses. Others just one shot it but even then it's enough to gain space or have someone take back aggro for you. The other thing I loved about pure is the 10% extra speed which comes up against fast moving mobs when running backwards.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #6 - Mar 3rd, 2022 at 7:17pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Mar 3rd, 2022 at 7:08pm:
Ranger gets 3 more. Either way it's an advantage.

That is some paper tiger theory. Reinvig is ass. I'll start worrying about swapping my offhand, and trying to land an invig proc in my 30 second 10k window, while tanking my dshot and sneak dice, as i sit there on some 100 second timer per boost, after i start running low on 21 boosts. Playing yourself here. Really displays your skill level when playing a build you have mained since 2014. I'll just run through quests boosting until every thing is dead. I thought i laid this reinvig joke to rest in your purey shuri thread.

But you do you. The audacity of you to try and pop shit while im feeding you superior versions of your own build in your own thread.

Post an ap split. No matter what you do it is lower than what 14/6 can access. 41 ns + 35 HW with 5 left over. you net the 4 sneak dice ( 9 when bursting ), but you give up making every thing a favored enemy from marked target, which can triple up on certain mobs that have 2 types. Giving 7 base damage more from 3 more FE and +1 in DWS. Nine damage if the pure only has one type of the mob's FE. NS on pure recovers 1 damage from the NS tiers since 14/6 only takes 3 of them and not 4.

Dark Imbue not having a 50+ x multiplier makes it a very meh option. It can whiff on a 1 or a dodge or a blur and the dps plummets. Where that would have been an acceptable loss when it was doing up to 60k it is infinitely worse at under 2k.

All in all pure ends up at 1 crit multi and 4 sneak dice ( 9 bursting ) ahead, while having a worse bow swap due to not having hunt's end. Or do you mean di while 10k then hunt while bow? In which case it still ends up at a lower 10k burst since it cannot sniper and has a lower bow doubleshot and base. The only reason pure monk is competitive is because it can hit 5 stars when 10k + reaper boosting. Outside of that it is worse overall.

The things I do love about pure are the diversion dummy from core 18 in NS. It spawns a dummy with your current threat. Some mobs sometimes, rarely, may ignore it but you can just kite around the dummy and it will aggro the dummy. Love using it. It can take a few hits from some r10 bosses. Others just one shot it but even then it's enough to gain space or have someone take back aggro for you. The other thing I loved about pure is the 10% extra speed which comes up against fast moving mobs when running backwards.

Rub doesn't lack confidence.

Strake wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Gunga wrote on Oct 5th, 2022 at 2:27am:
Bitcoin. lul
--Who is luling in March 2025?
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Mar 4th, 2022 at 5:29am
Print Post  
Here is how the rotations turn out for both the pure 20 and the ranger splashed hybrids. Eventually what happens is that DI + Hunt end up cutting into each other and pure will prioritize DI over Hunt in its rotations. 6 ranger can use hunt and stagger it to combo it off without losing as much uptime as pure 20 will. That +2 manyshot charges advantage ends up carrying throughout the entire rotation loop.

pure 20

1sec 1ms + hunt
3sec 2ms
6sec 3ms 0 charges left
18sec 1ms regen. use it hunt + 4th ms fired
24sec hunt ready but then DI delayed until 32nd second
30sec 1ms regen. 10k swap
30sec 10k + DI
42sec 2ms regen
45sec DI
54sec 3ms regen
60sec swap to bow.5ms fired + hunt 2 charges left
63sec 6ms 1 charge left
66sec 7ms 0 charge
68sec hunt
78sec 1ms regen. use it. 8th ms fired + hunt
86 cant use hunt here or di get delayed until 94th second
90 1 ms total regen.
90 10k swap. di
102 2ms charges regen
105 DI
117 3ms charges regen
120 BOW SWAP
120 9th ms fired + hunt
123 10th ms
126 11ms
128 hunt
138 1ms regen. use it hunt + 12th ms fired
150 10k swap DI
150 1ms regen
162 2ms regen
165 DI
174 3ms regen
180 bow swap with 3 charges
180 13th ms fired + hunt

13ms + 7 Hunt's during bow swap uptime

14/6

1sec 1ms + hunt
3sec 2ms
6sec 3ms + hunt
9sec 4ms
15sec 5ms + hunt
23sec hunt ready hold for 5sec for 10k
27sec ms charge, use it for 6th ms fired, 0 left total charges
30sec 10k swap, hunt + sniper
38sec hunt + sniper
39sec regen 1 ms
46sec hunt + sniper
51sec 2nd ms regen
56sec hunt ready hold for 60th second
60sec bow swap 7ms + hunt, 1 ms left
63sec 8ms 0 charges left
68sec hunt +sniper
75sec 1ms recharges
76sec 9th ms fired + hunt
84sec hunt ready hold until 88th sec
88sec 1 ms regen use it, 10ms fired + hunt.
90sec 10k swap
96sec hunt + sniper
100sec 1 charge regen of ms
104sec hunt + sniper
112sec 2nd ms charge regen, use hunt + sniper
119sec hunt ready, hold until 120th sec
120sec 3rd ms regen
120sec bow swap. hunt + 11th ms fired
123sec 12ms 1 charges left
126sec 13ms fired 0 charge left
128sec hunt + sniper
136sec hunt + sniper
141sec 1 ms charge regen. use it 14th ms fired
144sec hunt + sniper
150sec 10k SWAP
152sec hunt + sniper
153sec 1ms regenerated,
160sec hunt + sniper
165sec 2ms charges regen
169sec hunt + sniper
177sec 3ms regen, sniper + hunt
180sec bow swap with 3 charges
180sec 15th ms fired

15 Ms + 12 Hunt's during bow swap uptime

IP Logged

Linker
Dragon Raider

It's all the same

Reply #8 - Mar 4th, 2022 at 10:53am
Print Post  
I like the cycle. This is more than decent for ranged.

IP Logged

Standing Stone Games
Abbot Raider

I Love DDO & LotRO!

Reply #9 - Mar 4th, 2022 at 11:56am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Mar 4th, 2022 at 5:29am:
Here is how the rotations turn out for both the pure 20 and the ranger splashed hybrids. Eventually what happens is that DI + Hunt end up cutting into each other and pure will prioritize DI over Hunt in its rotations. 6 ranger can use hunt and stagger it to combo it off without losing as much uptime as pure 20 will. That +2 manyshot charges advantage ends up carrying throughout the entire rotation loop.

pure 20

1sec 1ms + hunt
3sec 2ms
6sec 3ms 0 charges left
30sec 10k + DI
42sec 2ms regen
45sec DI
54sec 3ms regen
63sec 6ms 1 charge left
66sec 7ms 0 charge
68sec hunt
90 1 ms total regen.
90 10k swap. di
102 2ms charges regen
105 DI
117 3ms charges regen
120 BOW SWAP
120 9th ms fired + hunt
123 10th ms
126 11ms
128 hunt
150 10k swap DI
150 1ms regen
162 2ms regen
165 DI
174 3ms regen
180 13th ms fired + hunt

13ms + 7 Hunt's during bow swap uptime

14/6

1sec 1ms + hunt
3sec 2ms
6sec 3ms + hunt
9sec 4ms
15sec 5ms + hunt
23sec hunt ready hold for 5sec for 10k
27sec ms charge, use it for 6th ms fired, 0 left total charges
30sec 10k swap, hunt + sniper
38sec hunt + sniper
39sec regen 1 ms
46sec hunt + sniper
51sec 2nd ms regen
56sec hunt ready hold for 60th second
60sec bow swap 7ms + hunt, 1 ms left
63sec 8ms 0 charges left
68sec hunt +sniper
75sec 1ms recharges
76sec 9th ms fired + hunt
84sec hunt ready hold until 88th sec
88sec 1 ms regen use it, 10ms fired + hunt.
90sec 10k swap
96sec hunt + sniper
100sec 1 charge regen of ms
104sec hunt + sniper
112sec 2nd ms charge regen, use hunt + sniper
119sec hunt ready, hold until 120th sec
120sec 3rd ms regen
120sec bow swap. hunt + 11th ms fired
123sec 12ms 1 charges left
126sec 13ms fired 0 charge left
128sec hunt + sniper
136sec hunt + sniper
141sec 1 ms charge regen. use it 14th ms fired
144sec hunt + sniper
150sec 10k SWAP
152sec hunt + sniper
153sec 1ms regenerated,
160sec hunt + sniper
165sec 2ms charges regen
169sec hunt + sniper
177sec 3ms regen, sniper + hunt
180sec bow swap with 3 charges
180sec 15th ms fired

15 Ms + 12 Hunt's during bow swap uptime

Keyboard macros, huh?   Roll Eyes

« Last Edit: Mar 4th, 2022 at 11:57am by Standing Stone Games »  

We invite you to explore our games, which hold the promise of depth, scope, and unlimited imagination!

Our phone # is (858) 239-0663. We enjoy hearing from our fans!
IP Logged

SpaceGoat
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Mar 7th, 2022 at 6:03pm
Print Post  
Head-Meat wrote on Mar 3rd, 2022 at 7:17pm:
Rub doesn't lack confidence.

The Master Pimp must keep his hand strong vs the baby pimps.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #11 - Mar 7th, 2022 at 11:44pm
Print Post  
everything old is new again

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #12 - Mar 7th, 2022 at 11:53pm
Print Post  
I think I was bow swapping bow for manyshot and shuri for 10k back in like, 2016?17? (pre-MS nerf). The idea was to use Shuri in between manyshots to regen adrens (high procs) while still doing good dps, with a bubba burst bow that was worth swapping to for unbridled or just to burn a few adren on a meat bag

back then it was AA or DWS T5, pre HW, and pre VKF. good times

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Mar 8th, 2022 at 1:07am
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Mar 7th, 2022 at 11:53pm:
I think I was bow swapping bow for manyshot and shuri for 10k back in like, 2016?17? (pre-MS nerf). The idea was to use Shuri in between manyshots to regen adrens (high procs) while still doing good dps, with a bubba burst bow that was worth swapping to for unbridled or just to burn a few adren on a meat bag

back then it was AA or DWS T5, pre HW, and pre VKF. good times

Ayy, Har! Good to see you here again. Figure you're just passing by and not playing anymore? How's things, the family? Hope you're good, bro.

Yeah, hybrid isn't new. Lot of people have laid down the ground work for shuris, or bows. But it is a bit different than before due to all the changes. And no one was doing this post U51 ED changes, so I brought light to the masses.

Some of the changes : 10K only works with stars. Manyshot is on charges and fires 3 arrows per charge. Which makes it more rotation dependent that ever since it is now the attack instead of the burst engine. Adrenaline is now melee only.

It's more sustained this way but not as big boom bursty on demand as 16 adrenaline charges in 30 seconds at +400% damage as an epic moment. But that is also a double edged sword because if you're not going to be that active with APM, tumbling every 12 seconds, and swapping a bunch of times per minute, every minute, then the build is better off being dedicated to either Shuri or Bow exclusively to eliminate the APM requirements of piloting such a build optimally.

The juice isn't worth the squeeze for just every day farming. It's only something more skilled player can leverage ( which excludes doofs like Brac from the mobos and his shit dagger thrower statements ), as this would only be done for raid pushing. And shuri or bow were always higher skill builds than inquisitive.

One of the best changes is Inner Focus in GmoF eliminates that pesky ki regen shit, so the ap is freed up to take even more power and no longer reliant on getting into Water stance to recoup the ki.

Don't be a stranger!
« Last Edit: Mar 8th, 2022 at 1:09am by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #14 - Mar 8th, 2022 at 2:28am
Print Post  
that's a lot of changes in a year or so

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #15 - Mar 8th, 2022 at 2:29am
Print Post  
also thanks, yeah we are good same to you

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #16 - Mar 10th, 2022 at 8:48am
Print Post  
A work of art.

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Anothersock
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Mar 28th, 2022 at 6:24am
Print Post  
Rubbins, could you xplain why people ( I think they are just idiots but I haven't played in ages so it could be? ) say that range and caster are lower dps compared to melee right now?
How the fuck is a sword slash going to do more than a 45k crit from a max glacial focused crit?
And how is it ever going to compare to something like the 5 or six shiradi hits you get on a single multi hit spell?
They just on drugs or what?

You seem to have kept up with this shit. I pretty much lost interest but kind of buying back into it now that they took away my racial past lives. Those basterds....
« Last Edit: Mar 28th, 2022 at 6:24am by Anothersock »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - Mar 28th, 2022 at 11:20am
Print Post  
For quests there is no need for melee. It's all casters now. It's always been this way for leveling and low reaper. But since u51 caster can just lolCrit doom reapers down.

Melee is only pretty much needed in high skull raiding. Caster dps is insanely high right now, but they would need to drink a lot of potions to sustain that dps in a high skull raid. If you can wallet warrior the pots or have an infinite stash then go ahead and blast through whatever content you're running. If not then melee dps shines. EK, Assassin, Wolf are all top notch dps for that setting. Melee can still quest but why would you when you can critical everything at like 75%-100% rate on your spells and heal yourself, and cc various things.

As for ranged the benefit is dying less and not needing action boosts. So for raids where you can't shrine much and are stuck in small area with a red name that has huge bag of hit points, or raids that deal stupid damage like Wild Hunt, and having to babysit souls is where ranged has its edge.

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #19 - Mar 28th, 2022 at 11:44am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Mar 28th, 2022 at 11:20am:
EK, Assassin, Wolf are all top notch dps for that setting.

I'll wipe up any of those on a THF Fury fighter.

Can you walk me through your rotations?

At 1sec you trigger hunts end?
At 3sec you trigger 2ms?

Asking for the especially stupid.

1sec 1ms + hunt
3sec 2ms
6sec 3ms 0 charges left
30sec 10k + DI
42sec 2ms regen
45sec DI
54sec 3ms regen
63sec 6ms 1 charge left
66sec 7ms 0 charge
68sec hunt
90 1 ms total regen.
90 10k swap. di
102 2ms charges regen
105 DI
117 3ms charges regen
120 BOW SWAP
120 9th ms fired + hunt
123 10th ms
126 11ms
128 hunt
150 10k swap DI
150 1ms regen
162 2ms regen
165 DI
174 3ms regen
180 13th ms fired + hunt

Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Mar 28th, 2022 at 1:05pm
Print Post  
Gunga wrote on Mar 28th, 2022 at 11:44am:
Can you walk me through your rotations?

At 1sec you trigger hunts end?
At 3sec you trigger 2ms?

Not too sure what you mean.

MS = manyshot. 3 second cooldown. 12 second recharge rate when not in use.
Hunt = Hunt's End 8 second cooldown 12 second duration.
DI = dark imbue ( that was to illustrate differences between a pure 20 monk hybrid using DI versus a 6 ranger splash without DI ).

So the first 2 minute cycle is for pure 20 monk hence the DI in there. And the second 2 minute rotation is for the 6 ranger splashed hybrid without DI.

1ms = the 1st charge of 3 for manyshot. 2ms = 2nd charge. 3ms = 3rd charge. 4th ms = ms charge regenerated and fired.

For the ranger splash the rotation is different due to having 5 ms charges instead of 3, and not having Dark Imbue cut into the cooldown and use of Hunt's End.
« Last Edit: Mar 28th, 2022 at 1:09pm by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #21 - Mar 28th, 2022 at 6:31pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Mar 28th, 2022 at 1:05pm:
Not too sure what you mean.

MS = manyshot. 3 second cooldown. 12 second recharge rate when not in use.
Hunt = Hunt's End 8 second cooldown 12 second duration.
DI = dark imbue ( that was to illustrate differences between a pure 20 monk hybrid using DI versus a 6 ranger splash without DI ).

So the first 2 minute cycle is for pure 20 monk hence the DI in there. And the second 2 minute rotation is for the 6 ranger splashed hybrid without DI.

1ms = the 1st charge of 3 for manyshot. 2ms = 2nd charge. 3ms = 3rd charge. 4th ms = ms charge regenerated and fired.

For the ranger splash the rotation is different due to having 5 ms charges instead of 3, and not having Dark Imbue cut into the cooldown and use of Hunt's End.

Thank you. I'm currently on Ying's bow build 13/6/1 monk. I hate how glitchy the bow is, when I was on the throwing dagger pre squish, it seemed a lot more connected.

Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #22 - Mar 28th, 2022 at 9:35pm
Print Post  
Gunga wrote on Mar 28th, 2022 at 6:31pm:
I hate how glitchy the bow is, when I was on the throwing dagger pre squish, it seemed a lot more connected.

I have not even tried bow since the revamp. Shuri also has some issues, sometimes it dry fires, sometimes a small bump on the floor in the terrain blocks the shuri, sometimes if a mob moves to the sides of your character it will miss. I don't recall having any issues on dagger throwers before they got nerfed.

Don't use my shuri ap posted above, it's made for macro to cycle through sniper and aimed shot while attacking, so I don't have to press hundreds of keys per minute. I would suggest taking Merciful Shot and Leg Shot. Mercy shot's 500 damage scales with everything on ranged builds. All 5 stars, 400 ranged power, and 175% Hunt's End. It ends up doing like 30k+ just from the 500 damage alone when combining all those, excluding front number or sneak attack.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #23 - Mar 29th, 2022 at 9:26am
Print Post  
Once in while I’d get a “dry fire” on the dagger thrower. But it didn’t happen enough for me to notice what caused it. I just assumed lag.

Strake wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Gunga wrote on Oct 5th, 2022 at 2:27am:
Bitcoin. lul
--Who is luling in March 2025?
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #24 - Mar 30th, 2022 at 11:26am
Print Post  
Anothersock wrote on Mar 28th, 2022 at 6:24am:
Rubbins, could you xplain why people ( I think they are just idiots but I haven't played in ages so it could be? ) say that range and caster are lower dps compared to melee right now?
How the fuck is a sword slash going to do more than a 45k crit from a max glacial focused crit?
And how is it ever going to compare to something like the 5 or six shiradi hits you get on a single multi hit spell?
They just on drugs or what?

You seem to have kept up with this shit. I pretty much lost interest but kind of buying back into it now that they took away my racial past lives. Those basterds....

Has anyone posted a caster build with new EDs?

Head-Meat wrote on Mar 29th, 2022 at 9:26am:
Once in while I’d get a “dry fire” on the dagger thrower. But it didn’t happen enough for me to notice what caused it. I just assumed lag

The "dry fire" usually happens when switching targets. The first shot often doesn't register. Not a new issue.

Gunga wrote on Mar 28th, 2022 at 6:31pm:
I hate how glitchy the bow is, when I was on the throwing dagger pre squish, it seemed a lot more connected.

The glitchy part of the bow since they did the animation work on it (or whatever that was) is that autoattacking interferes with active attacks.

Most fighting style, when you use an active that doesn't have a specific animation, it just gets added to the current/next auto attack. Very slick.

With the new bow autoattack animation, when you hit an active, it is delayed. It never adds to the current attack, it adds to the next attack or not at all. You have to hammer the Manyshot button 3+ times to make sure that it actually goes off. This of course means that Nubbinns's theoretical DPS rotation that is micromanaged down to the split second is impossible to actually do.

Rubbinns wrote on Mar 28th, 2022 at 9:35pm:
I have not even tried bow since the revamp.

LOL @ "Here's how to do the highest ranged DPS in the game, seriously guys." & "No, I have not even tried it."

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
Send TopicPrint