Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic What is the current ranged meta (Read 5332 times)
Ire
Korthos Resident

What is the current ranged meta
Mar 29th, 2023 at 1:25pm
Print Post  
I am looking to revamp a secondary toon (ranged DPS) and was wondering what the current meta is. I see both the Bow builds and the imbue builds (great write ups rubbin) and most look a year old or more.

Any help is appreciated, I don't normally play DPS and would hate to spend a ton of time researching them just to make a mediocre build.

The toon is a triple completionest (119 past lives) with 50RP and access to anything in the game. I just need a build to do it justice Wink

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Re: What is the current ranged meta
Reply #1 - Mar 29th, 2023 at 2:31pm
Print Post  
Ranged is shittier now after they fixed shiradi stay stance giving you a 1d77 per each and every imbue dice you had. It's now WAI and giving only 1d77 per every 7th imbue die.

Shuri is always good. Doesn't even need imbues and can just scale off rp, sneak, and doubleshot with physical damage. The imbue version with 2 rogue levels is good, though shuri cannot strip an immune target. However, against a vulnerable target the imbue is very good extra damage tacked on to its immense physical dps.

I hear a lot of good things about the pure 20 ranger thrower from the Lava Divers guys. Favored Enemy stacking, high doubleshot, base damage, and rp are its forte. No imbues on this badboy.

For imbue throwers I like the EK 15wiz/3rog/2rgr. Highest spellpower out of the other imbue builds. Which is what you want out of imbue based dps. It's stable, constant, high damage output. The rp builds have to diddle around and set up rp bursts. Magic based imbue builds never fall below their floor of spellpower ( 1k base sp on the EK builds. 850~ on alchemist ).

Stripping is not really a problem for the EK as the gear makes it so that you can swap between electric or cold on the fly in quests and it doesn't lose much spellpower at all doing it. If it really needed to focus a specific element like fire or acid then just equipping the appropriate dread named necklace, and swapping out some rubies in your offhand, and few filigrees in your weapon is all it really needs.

The alchemist imbue builds can strip any target and have some utility in aoe heals, and aoe status removal. Clutch against things like pillars in lob, red named golems in lob/ma. Shroud portals. Topping up your party members, etc.

I am not a fan of inquisitive because it cannot sustain NHB charges. But it's great in quests and shorter raids/lower skulls where its 18 seconds x however many charges it has, is sufficient to get things done.

Bow builds are still good though i do not have a build for them, at least not for imbues. I have not played a pure bow build yet so I can't really comment on how it plays.
« Last Edit: Mar 29th, 2023 at 2:31pm by Rubbinns »  

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Ire
Korthos Resident

Reply #2 - Mar 29th, 2023 at 3:56pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Mar 29th, 2023 at 2:31pm:
Ranged is shittier now after they fixed shiradi stay stance giving you a 1d77 per each and every imbue dice you had. It's now WAI and giving only 1d77 per every 7th imbue die. 

Thanks much for the input and past work you have done here.

A quick question, do you have a list of the completed changestone/dino items and the augments you used for http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1669394230

This seems to fit my playstyle well and looks like a great build. If you don't already have the list, don't sweat it, I can figure it out but it will take me time Wink

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Mar 29th, 2023 at 4:58pm
Print Post  
Ire wrote on Mar 29th, 2023 at 3:56pm:
dino items and the augments

Did not realize how outdated that set was. updated for you :

Googles: Legendary Lenses of the Dark Depths (Ins Dodge, UMD, Blindness Immunity) Profane Experiment 1
Helm: Watcher helm (Ins DS, Accuracy, Q Deadly, Seeker) Perfect Silence 1
Neck: Legendary Pendant of the Sky (Insight Negative/Devotion, Deception) Curse 1
Trinket: Legendary Gem of Many Facets (Healing Lore, Armor Peircing , Insightful Accuracy) Silver Concord set Concord 1
Cloak: Cloak of the Hunter (Relentless Fury, Exc Healing Amp, Q Deception, Q Seeker 3) Perfect Silence 2
Belt: Lindal's Mighty Belt (Insightful Sheltering +19) Curse 2
Gloves: Dinosaur Bone (Int 15, Deadly, MRR, Fossilized Amber) curse 3
Boots: Legendary Spectre Boots (Doubleshot, Ghostly) Profane Experiment 2
Bracers: Legendary Sunken Chains (Insight Seeker, Q Int +3) Perfect Silence 3
Ring: Ring of Sky (null/devotion) Curse 4
Ring: Legendary Ring of the Silver Concord Concord 2
Armor: Legendary Researcher's Leathers (Healing Amp, Fort, PRR, False Life) Profane Experiment 3
Weapon: Attuned Bone Heavy Xbow (Icescale, Meltfang, +2 Exc Int, Ash) Curse 5
Quiver: Epic Quiver of Alacrity (Insight Deception)

augment ins con, ins int, con 14, festive int, festive con, globe, ranged power topaz, imbue emerald.

Filigree.

artifact ; spines raid 10rp/long shadow 5rp/snowpeaks/spine 5rp

weapon

spines raid 10rp
spine 5rp
set : 2 dmg
total : 40 rp/2dmg

long atk/dmg
long 5rp
set : 5rp/2 dice
total : 15rp/1 dmg/2 dice

snake 1 con
snake 1 atk/dmg
snake raid 2 con
set : 2 imbue

reverberation 10 universal sp
reverb 4 usp
set : 2 dice
total : 14usp/9 sonic power/2 dice

Snowpeaks
set ; 2 imbue, 10 hamp

total dice :
5 alch 15 levels
4 aa ap
2 drow ap
3 assassin ap
7 inquisitive ap
2 chaos feat
3 scion feat
1 elemental dice feat
8 filigree
1 augment
3 gear set bonus
2 greater elemental weapons
3 draconic

44 dice

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Ire
Korthos Resident

Reply #4 - Mar 29th, 2023 at 5:06pm
Print Post  
Grin

IP Logged

Smeegle
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Apr 2nd, 2023 at 11:00am
Print Post  
Working towards finishing this build off but even with the shiradi nerf it's still pretty damn strong.

IP Logged

Smeegle
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Apr 2nd, 2023 at 11:11am
Print Post  
You know rubbins.... if you made youtube videos of your builds I'm certain people would subscribe and eventually with enough subscribers youtube would be sending you checks in the mail...
Right now it's pretty much only strimtom who's cornered the content market. Just saying dude...
Also question. If you think ranged is in the shitter then what's the new meta build to use before they nerf it?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Apr 2nd, 2023 at 6:35pm
Print Post  
Smeegle wrote on Apr 2nd, 2023 at 11:11am:
ranged is in the shitter then what's the new meta build

For quests it's casters with aoe, heals, and even get some DCs for other schools.

For long push raids it's melees unless a very specific role is needed for ranged. Things like Irk in PN, tops of pillar in LOB, etc.

IP Logged

Smeegle
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Apr 9th, 2023 at 11:34pm
Print Post  
Why the change in belt and glove?

IP Logged

Smeegle
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Apr 12th, 2023 at 4:48pm
Print Post  
maybe the dino 5pc set bonus is broken and or bugged because when I take a piece off and put it back on no set bonus shows up at the top of my screen

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint