Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic 12monk7rogue1??? (Read 5387 times)
Breaken
Horoluth Raider

Go^Yourself

12monk7rogue1???
Dec 22nd, 2010 at 12:48am
Print Post  
Ok so  Onimaru is 12monk7rogue i am debating what to take as my last class, currently fighter seems to be the best choice.

this is by far my favbuild i have rolled up its tons of fun and tons of dps.

dark monk/ninjaspy halfling
past life ranger
past life monk
at lvl 19 i have 434 hp(no gs item) unbuffed
30 strgth(pre rage and madstone)
ac....well who needs ac when u can be incorpreal Cheesy
7d6+12+8 from backstabbing(will need to rework to get the last tier of halfling guile and another rank in the rogue enh.)
full buffed with bard songs hitting for 50~ base blunt(past life monk feat and then the vestments of equillebrium give me a 2d10)
rogue haste boost 3 + windstance2=sexy
Tod yeah shit saves alot not being full monk but still gett 3-4 250's isnt bad.
Deff need to get tharnes bracers and the 2nd tier of rogue subtle backstabbing  it is very hard to not get agro with just the 10% from first tier)

Quote:
Breaken's just a weird asshole, divorcced and pathetically marvelling at talk of sex.  That guy is fucked IMHO. People I really don't like here list is small.  Not that you or anyone should care, but for me it is Calvet, because he's stupid in a bitchy drama way, and Breaken, but he is a liar and a blunt, inelegant angry guy

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Re: 12monk7rogue1???
Reply #1 - Dec 22nd, 2010 at 9:22am
Print Post  
13th level of Monk gets you Diamond Soul (23 Spell Resist), Void Strike III, D8 HP, and 4+Int Skill points.

1st Level Fighter gets you a Fighter Feat, +1 BAB, D10 HP, +2 to Fort Saves, and 2+Int Skill Points.

I'd be tempted to go 1 level of Fighter if I really needed the feat.
« Last Edit: Dec 22nd, 2010 at 9:23am by Arkat »  

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Hordo
High Rabbi

Le Douchebag

Reply #2 - Dec 22nd, 2010 at 9:36am
Print Post  
Fighter is the smart choice for those who want the feat, yadda yadda yadda...

I say break the mould, Breaken, and go for sheer HordAwesomeSauce Gimp Power and take a level of Sorc and tell folks it is because you can buff yourself...and then sit back while they try to 'educate' you.

Remain adamant that the 1 minute of Shield/Nightshield is T3H UB3RZ and that you don't need more than a level 1 Jump because you aren't gimp.

When they remind you that scrolls/spells are out when madstoned...stay silent for a full 30 seconds...a watch comes in handy and then say with all seriousness "You are full of shit and don't know what you are talking about, noob!"

Yes...one level of Sorc for the EPIC WTF? Win moment.  Wink

I am the Rabbi, goo goo g'Jew!
Who doesn't <3 Gornn?
GORNN II 4:3:17 - For Gornn sent not Hordo into the world to save the party; but that the party through him might be wiped.
[QUOTE=404error;4155294]Hordo I don't want to steal you from these forums because your almost an icon here. ;p [/quote]
IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Dec 22nd, 2010 at 2:46pm
Print Post  
I like the 13 monk idea better personally. 23 SR is kinda nice.

but on the fighter side, you get more HP, more BAB (when not using fists) and another Feat....

Fighter seems to have more bells and whistles going for it, but more Monk is NEVER a bad idea.  Grin

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #4 - Dec 22nd, 2010 at 3:29pm
Print Post  
Bard

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Philam
Waterworks Kobold

Hi welcome!

Reply #5 - Dec 22nd, 2010 at 5:35pm
Print Post  
13 Monk/6 Rogue/ 1 Paly or Fighter

Ph

AoK
Phortune/Phelin/Phaith/Phish/Phix

IP Logged

Zippo
Hooters

Ooooh what's this button
do?

Reply #6 - Dec 22nd, 2010 at 6:55pm
Print Post  
Due to his wonderfully idiotic contribution to this thread I would like to award the idiot award to our most esteemed idiot

As for Onimaru, 1 option is you could take the 13th level of monk which would give you diamond soul and effectively a 23 SR. Otherwise I would say go fighter which would give you that extra feat for what ever you care to blow it on.

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Dec 22nd, 2010 at 7:31pm
Print Post  
Zippo wrote on Dec 22nd, 2010 at 6:55pm:
Otherwise I would say go fighter which would give you that extra feat for what ever you care to blow it on.

MOAR TOUGHNESS

IP Logged

Breaken
Horoluth Raider

Go^Yourself

Reply #8 - Dec 22nd, 2010 at 7:51pm
Print Post  
Quote:
MOAR TOUGHNESS

that is not a fighter feat
Gunga wrote on Dec 22nd, 2010 at 3:29pm:
Bard

If bards could be lawfull dont u think u would see a shit ton of 16bard2pally2rogue running around

And yes i knew that the xtra level of monk would get me the sr feat, but i also though what is the use of it in end game most non damaging spells either have no save(ottos) or u can get buffs to negate. Also if the sr doesnt stack with the spell then its shit lol. As for taking sorc hordo yes i could do it and the build would still be awesome. But i am pretty sure i can swap out one of my twf feats for another toughness and then grab the twf feat back when i take the last level and make it fighter.

Arkat as for void strike there is no way i can see to have it and have the ap to get all the backstabbing shit lol.

Quote:
Breaken's just a weird asshole, divorcced and pathetically marvelling at talk of sex.  That guy is fucked IMHO. People I really don't like here list is small.  Not that you or anyone should care, but for me it is Calvet, because he's stupid in a bitchy drama way, and Breaken, but he is a liar and a blunt, inelegant angry guy

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Dec 22nd, 2010 at 8:57pm
Print Post  
Breaken wrote on Dec 22nd, 2010 at 7:51pm:

I know. I was just being retarded for a bit >.>

What would an 8th lvl of rogue give you? Anything worth mention?

IP Logged

Zippo
Hooters

Ooooh what's this button
do?

Reply #10 - Dec 22nd, 2010 at 9:01pm
Print Post  
Quote:

improved uncanny dodge is about it

IP Logged

Breaken
Horoluth Raider

Go^Yourself

Reply #11 - Dec 22nd, 2010 at 10:22pm
Print Post  
Quote:

Yeah nothing worth it.

Quote:

IP Logged

Nevynn
Horoluth Raider

Badgertastic!!

Reply #12 - Dec 22nd, 2010 at 11:07pm
Print Post  
Breaken wrote on Dec 22nd, 2010 at 7:51pm:
If bards could be lawfull dont u think u would see a shit ton of 16bard2pally2rogue running around

And yes i knew that the xtra level of monk would get me the sr feat, but i also though what is the use of it in end game most non damaging spells either have no save(ottos) or u can get buffs to negate. Also if the sr doesnt stack with the spell then its shit lol. As for taking sorc hordo yes i could do it and the build would still be awesome. But i am pretty sure i can swap out one of my twf feats for another toughness and then grab the twf feat back when i take the last level and make it fighter.

Arkat as for void strike there is no way i can see to have it and have the ap to get all the backstabbing shit lol.

Oh jeebus, the things I could do with a PalaBard...

WWWGTalk  
IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Dec 23rd, 2010 at 4:14am
Print Post  
Breaken wrote on Dec 22nd, 2010 at 10:22pm:
Yeah nothing worth it.

indeed. go fighter Breaken. just for shits and giggles. at least it'd only be one level...can always fix that with a heart if needed.

IP Logged

Soul
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Jan 15th, 2011 at 2:34pm
Print Post  
you also get haste boost with fighter

IP Logged

Breaken
Horoluth Raider

Go^Yourself

Reply #15 - Jan 15th, 2011 at 4:20pm
Print Post  
Soul wrote on Jan 15th, 2011 at 2:34pm:

Cannot take rogue hast and fighter haste, so obviously i took rogue haste 3,

I ended up as 12 monk 7 rogue 1 fighter at 19 i swapped out gtwf for toughness then took fighter at 20 and retook gtwf.

Quote:

IP Logged

Dythan
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Jan 15th, 2011 at 5:47pm
Print Post  
monk lv's are 1, 3 or 20.  anything else is gimp and needs to be rerolled.

http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1288238241/0

Dythan
Khyber
Epik Poo

IP Logged

Soul
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Jan 15th, 2011 at 5:56pm
Print Post  
Breaken wrote on Jan 15th, 2011 at 4:20pm:
Cannot take rogue hast and fighter haste, so obviously i took rogue haste 3,

I ended up as 12 monk 7 rogue 1 fighter at 19 i swapped out gtwf for toughness then took fighter at 20 and retook gtwf.

oh duh don't know  what I was thinking

IP Logged

Breaken
Horoluth Raider

Go^Yourself

Reply #18 - Jan 15th, 2011 at 6:50pm
Print Post  
Dythan wrote on Jan 15th, 2011 at 5:47pm:
monk lv's are 1, 3 or 20.  anything else is gimp and needs to be rerolled.

http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1288238241/0

Think again dipshit, 12 monk gets you enough for Ninja spy2 windstance 2 and death touch and with monk past life feat and garments of equillibrum a 2d10 unarmed. 7 rogue levels get you enough for 4d6 sneakattack plus the enhancments *cant remeber exact number something like 5 or 4 xtra*subtle backstabbing 2 and rogue haste 3.
What it boils down too is you get good base dps 45-55 base dmg raidbuffed 7d6+17+8 sneakattack 498 hp*no shroud hp item and in windstance* being able to use death touch every time it comes up and able to keep 25% incorpreal up as well.
Ask anyone who has ran with this toon of mine and they will tell you that he is a beast, can even take agro from tanks even with the -20% threat generation,

So the lesson learned here is if you dont know what your talking about stfu and gfy

Quote:

IP Logged

CrosisBlackwing
Korthos Resident

Cookies! Nom nom nom

Reply #19 - Jan 15th, 2011 at 7:05pm
Print Post  
I have actually been tossing around the Idea of a 12 Monk 8 Fighter. H-Elf. It sounds terrible, but you get ToD, Haste Boost 3, 38 Raged (Rage Only as Buffs) Str, The Same Unarmed Damage as a Monk, over 600 Base HPs (In Wind Stance) 6d6 Sneak attack per hand.
OR WF/H-Orc to create a Hate-Tank
Funny thing is, I think 12 Monk is probably better than Pure DPS wise  Shocked yes, you can't stun with the same effectiveness, but you are a DPS toon. Not a stun-bot.

IP Logged

Breaken
Horoluth Raider

Go^Yourself

Reply #20 - Jan 15th, 2011 at 8:11pm
Print Post  
CrosisBlackwing wrote on Jan 15th, 2011 at 7:05pm:
I have actually been tossing around the Idea of a 12 Monk 8 Fighter. H-Elf. It sounds terrible, but you get ToD, Haste Boost 3, 38 Raged (Rage Only as Buffs) Str, The Same Unarmed Damage as a Monk, over 600 Base HPs (In Wind Stance) 6d6 Sneak attack per hand.
Funny thing is, I think 12 Monk is probably better than Pure DPS wise  Shocked yes, you can't stun with the same effectiveness, but you are a DPS toon. Not a stun-bot.

I have a pure 20 monk Horc hate tank on the way up
can wait to see how good healing amp works with fist of light and the vamperic stone dust wraps, plus being earth stance with those wraps and jidz tekta or whatever will be sweet

Quote:

IP Logged

- Jay
Korthos Resident

RAWR~!

Reply #21 - Jan 16th, 2011 at 12:47am
Print Post  
Soul wrote on Jan 15th, 2011 at 2:34pm:

haste boost is covered by Rogue

AIM  
IP Logged

Dythan
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #22 - Jan 16th, 2011 at 4:05pm
Print Post  
Breaken wrote on Jan 15th, 2011 at 6:50pm:
Think again dipshit, 12 monk gets you enough for Ninja spy2 windstance 2 and death touch and with monk past life feat and garments of equillibrum a 2d10 unarmed. 7 rogue levels get you enough for 4d6 sneakattack plus the enhancments *cant remeber exact number something like 5 or 4 xtra*subtle backstabbing 2 and rogue haste 3.
What it boils down too is you get good base dps 45-55 base dmg raidbuffed 7d6+17+8 sneakattack 498 hp*no shroud hp item and in windstance* being able to use death touch every time it comes up and able to keep 25% incorpreal up as well.
Ask anyone who has ran with this toon of mine and they will tell you that he is a beast, can even take agro from tanks even with the -20% threat generation,

So the lesson learned here is if you dont know what your talking about stfu and gfy

Ha, I was just being sarcastic.  I have no doubt that your toon kicks ass.

Dythan
Khyber
Epik Poo

IP Logged

lifespawn
Korthos Resident

GFY

Reply #23 - Mar 12th, 2011 at 8:02am
Print Post  
CrosisBlackwing wrote on Jan 15th, 2011 at 7:05pm:

i have a 12/6/2  monk pally ftr build with 690 standing hp and 460.6% healing amp that is an awesome hate tank.

Shintao for the smite ability  so i have 2 of them i used to be dark with tod but went to light to check the self healing and it's amazing with fol finisher giving up to 331 hp back and fol itself giving 4-9 a hit along with 3-6 from vampiric wraps he's almost unkillable.

IP Logged

Saaluta
Vault Mistress

I Love Drama!

Reply #24 - Mar 12th, 2011 at 2:45pm
Print Post  
Bah, going to be tr'ing one of my clerics into a 13 monk/7 rogue soon...and people will now expect me to do it well, thanks guys Cheesy

Saal Smiley

(Was trying out this build on another server and with a 28 point build, was doing pretty well...only got to 4th level so far, but getting a 34 point build for this...hehe)

only reason she's only 4 is been favor farming all servers so I can get the vale pack

Hello Darkness, my old friend!  It's nice to talk with you again!
Kimberlite wrote on Oct 11th, 2013 at 12:30pm:
They don't just settle for shooting themselves in the foot. Turbine uses a repeating crossbow.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint