Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Waaaaa... Elite is to hard for me now. (Read 46367 times)
Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Re: Waaaaa... Elite is to hard for me now.
Reply #150 - Jul 4th, 2012 at 5:20am
Print Post  
Mossy wrote on Jul 3rd, 2012 at 2:37pm:
Undead and TAINTED mobs fuck wit. Undead, Demons, Devils, Elementals, memhpits, all manner of shit. You must be a retarded Americunt, because they teach reading in non-3rd world shitholes.

Everyone knows what jade strike is.  The thing is, noone cares.  Not even your mother cares.  Well, that is not true.  She would like for you to stop screaming out JADE STRIKE, HO!  Every time you use it.  I will admit, after listening to you do it last night when I was busy bustin a nut in your moms eyes, it was pretty annoying.  I like to snuggle, play with the boobies, then go to sleep after I ejaculate.  Listening to you scream out about turning mobs into jade statues is rather annoying.  I offered your mom to come to my place tomorrow night that way I can ejaculate in her hair in peace and quiet.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #151 - Jul 4th, 2012 at 5:35am
Print Post  
Mossy wrote on Jul 3rd, 2012 at 8:45am:
you only play for 2% of the game? wow, because I play for the full game not just end game content. I actually enjoy the story lines, the journy to the end and then TRing to do it all over again. Might I say min/maxing for one thing then spamming 3 or 4 buttons doesnt count as skill. I could train a monkey to do that... or is that what you are? A trained monkey programmed to hit certian keys repeatedly on a premade build?

DDO isnt a skill testing game, not in a long shot. No MMO's are. Any game with set gear that makes a character 100x better then one without that gear isnt skill full. Now, I could see you using the word skill if we were playing an RTS game or perhaps a puzzle game, but an MMO? nah.

Dear Master of Retards,

You are the Master of Retards.  The 2% is the only part of the game that requires skill.  I know I know, you don't think it does because trained monkeys can play ddo better then you can ever hope for.  The thing is, you prove your inability to grasp what skill actually is by claiming content is way to hard.  You claim gear makes all the difference, hell I won't deny it, it does make a difference.  Now, all the difference? No.  If you took the time to actually make a toon to benefit EVERYTHING that it brings to the table, you would realize this.  No, you must make yours to be one trick ponies.  What is the one thing that matters in ALL mmos? DPS.  That is right, you read it correctly, DPS - also knows as deeps in some mmos. 

You are the Master of Retards.  Your toon doesn't bring dps, your toon is a fucking wasted party slot.  I hope you never run raids, as you are beyond useless.  I read the list of ailments and benefits your toon has - which is all fucking horseshit.  Only a fucking inept retard would waste the fucking AP points to get the monk rez.  Also,  remove curse? Seriously? Your monk is just like you, a one trick pony with no skill.  You are the worst kind of player.  When content is hard, instead of adapting and admitting that your toon needs to be worked on you blame the game for being to hard.  You lack skill and knowledge of the game. 

You are the Master of Retards.  There is no argument here.  Your posts and pathetic attempt at defending your worthless build has proven this.  You have 100 inventory slots and you can't be bothered to use pots? You can't invest some of the millions of small and medium shroud ing for a fucking rez clicky?

You are the Master of Retards.

Love,
Epoch

I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #152 - Jul 4th, 2012 at 5:41am
Print Post  
Hey Mossy Elliot,

I noticed that post got you all mad.  I see that you didn't react well to it.  Sadly, I just now had the chance to view it.  It seems everyone here touched all the bases and you pretty much admitted that you are a waste of a party slot.

I am glad that I got you to open up and tell  us all about the inefficiency of your toon.  If you would like, I can offer you build tips to improve your monk.  I am willing to do this out of the kindness of my heart.  I got tole because I was picking on a retard, I tried to explain that you were the Master of Retards, but she just said that still means you are retarded.  Which, is pretty much true and a train of logic I could not deny. 

So, I am here to offer my vast knowledge and superiority to help you become a better monk player.

Love,
Epoch

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Reply #153 - Jul 4th, 2012 at 5:59am
Print Post  
Smrti wrote on Jul 4th, 2012 at 12:44am:
Crusty is a great Monk ring. Well, was anyhow. Then Cannith appeared.

Yeah, I have only been TOD ring hunting post Cannith.

IP Logged

Siver
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #154 - Jul 4th, 2012 at 6:12am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Jul 4th, 2012 at 5:35am:
Dear Master of Retards,

You are the Master of Retards.  The 2% is the only part of the game that requires skill.  I know I know, you don't think it does because trained monkeys can play ddo better then you can ever hope for.  The thing is, you prove your inability to grasp what skill actually is by claiming content is way to hard.  You claim gear makes all the difference, hell I won't deny it, it does make a difference.  Now, all the difference? No.  If you took the time to actually make a toon to benefit EVERYTHING that it brings to the table, you would realize this.  No, you must make yours to be one trick ponies.  What is the one thing that matters in ALL mmos? DPS.  That is right, you read it correctly, DPS - also knows as deeps in some mmos. 

Love,
Epoch

I would like to contest you point here. In Everquest, Control was king, and you could have fuck all DPS if you had a good enchanter. At least until they decided everything needed to be immune to crowd control Then, you wanted a few good enchanters to charm the enemies to properly rape the boss. Control was king. Ah, that was a fun time.  Except for the whole "must group unless you are an enchanter or necro" thing. And the whole "everybody wants enchanters" thing. Couldn't manage to log in without a dozen calls for clarity if I left my anon flag off. With it on, I only got one or two before I logged in.

Then, in FF11, DPS was not the keyword either. For the small content, DPM was what counted, and for the big stuff, DPH. Yeah, who cares how much damage you put out in a second if you don't have the throughput to handle an 8 hour marathon. That was one of the less ridiculous bosses, too.  Cheesy

Most MMOs, especially since WoW, you're right. DPS is pretty much it, once you have someone to take the hits and someone to negate the hits. Shame, really.

Of course, the rest of the post is pretty well spot on. My BARBARIAN can raise an entire party. Who gives a care if the monk doesn't need an item to raise one person every 50 ki or so. Now, if you could hand out resists, MAYBE I'd consider a light monk worth keeping if you didn't bring some damage to the table. Assuming the resists stack with caster/ship resists (and were decent, like 20+).

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #155 - Jul 4th, 2012 at 6:50am
Print Post  
Siver wrote on Jul 4th, 2012 at 6:12am:
I would like to contest you point here. In Everquest, Control was king, and you could have fuck all DPS if you had a good enchanter. At least until they decided everything needed to be immune to crowd control Then, you wanted a few good enchanters to charm the enemies to properly rape the boss. Control was king. Ah, that was a fun time.  Except for the whole "must group unless you are an enchanter or necro" thing. And the whole "everybody wants enchanters" thing. Couldn't manage to log in without a dozen calls for clarity if I left my anon flag off. With it on, I only got one or two before I logged in.

Then, in FF11, DPS was not the keyword either. For the small content, DPM was what counted, and for the big stuff, DPH. Yeah, who cares how much damage you put out in a second if you don't have the throughput to handle an 8 hour marathon. That was one of the less ridiculous bosses, too.  Cheesy

Most MMOs, especially since WoW, you're right. DPS is pretty much it, once you have someone to take the hits and someone to negate the hits. Shame, really.

Of course, the rest of the post is pretty well spot on. My BARBARIAN can raise an entire party. Who gives a care if the monk doesn't need an item to raise one person every 50 ki or so. Now, if you could hand out resists, MAYBE I'd consider a light monk worth keeping if you didn't bring some damage to the table. Assuming the resists stack with caster/ship resists (and were decent, like 20+).

Key thing about Everquest, WAS.  They took the difficulty out of everquest due to the large amount of morons that started playing and proceeded to cry like worthless little bitches.  So they have taken any real sense of tactics out and EQ is now a joke - has been for several years now.  That is what happens when games get popular.  They remove the difficulty. 

FF11 was a fucking retarded game.  I say this because I couldn't really get into the game and after grinding one character to level 15 I decided that I was done for good.  I have never looked back and seeing how FF14 (?) turned out, I can say that it was a great decision.  I am assuming dpm and dph is damage per minute/hour.  Being awesome I know that my assumption is  obviously correct.  That beign said - it is the same concept as DPS.  It is just reworked for the hours long fight in ff11.  If ddo required me to spend 8 hours beating on the same mob I would never ever play it again.

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Siver
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #156 - Jul 4th, 2012 at 7:09am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Jul 4th, 2012 at 6:50am:
Key thing about Everquest, WAS.  They took the difficulty out of everquest due to the large amount of morons that started playing and proceeded to cry like worthless little bitches.  So they have taken any real sense of tactics out and EQ is now a joke - has been for several years now.  That is what happens when games get popular.  They remove the difficulty. 

FF11 was a fucking retarded game.  I say this because I couldn't really get into the game and after grinding one character to level 15 I decided that I was done for good.  I have never looked back and seeing how FF14 (?) turned out, I can say that it was a great decision.  I am assuming dpm and dph is damage per minute/hour.  Being awesome I know that my assumption is  obviously correct.  That beign said - it is the same concept as DPS.  It is just reworked for the hours long fight in ff11.  If ddo required me to spend 8 hours beating on the same mob I would never ever play it again.

Oh, how about a boss that takes at least 24 hours, or a WEEK of constant combat to take down? Final Fantasy 11 was hilarious about that. They went for the goal of the most absurdly long boss fight ever, and if there's one thing they did well, it's made things ridiculously difficult! Although, to be fair, those were the top of the top boss mobs, which, if you beat those, you won the game. Kind of like completionist in DDO. Only in one massive marathon session instead of taking months of spread out effort. DDO did it better, I think.

As for Everquest, yeah. I tried going back to it a couple years ago, and was saddened by how much easier things were. They added hirelings which were so overpowered I could just told it to go kill everything, and level up while AFK several times.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #157 - Jul 4th, 2012 at 8:03am
Print Post  
Siver wrote on Jul 4th, 2012 at 7:09am:
Oh, how about a boss that takes at least 24 hours, or a WEEK of constant combat to take down? Final Fantasy 11 was hilarious about that. They went for the goal of the most absurdly long boss fight ever, and if there's one thing they did well, it's made things ridiculously difficult! Although, to be fair, those were the top of the top boss mobs, which, if you beat those, you won the game. Kind of like completionist in DDO. Only in one massive marathon session instead of taking months of spread out effort. DDO did it better, I think.

As for Everquest, yeah. I tried going back to it a couple years ago, and was saddened by how much easier things were. They added hirelings which were so overpowered I could just told it to go kill everything, and level up while AFK several times.

Before hirelings that is what you did on the beastmaster.  Also, even the necromancer could do that withe ridiculous raid equivalent gear that had no lvl restriction.  It was at that point that I decided to finally say goodbye to EQ. 

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #158 - Jul 4th, 2012 at 8:55am
Print Post  
Calvet wrote on Jul 3rd, 2012 at 8:53pm:
I saw you posted in another thread about hoping to hit 70/30 with spell pen in EE once your done.  Do you have any reliable (Or anykind will do for now) average threshold numbers for trash DC's and Spell pen. (I know it can vary greatly, so any numbers will do if you feel like sharing).

Sure can...

Right now, I'm sitting at 23 with enough XP bank to take 25.  My relevant numbers...

Int: 48
Necro DC: 49
Necro Spell Pen: 45

...I still have some spell pen points I could get from the 2 levels, the Epic Spell Pen feat, and a twist.

The Underdark/Sschindylryn
In House of Death Undone on EE both I saw almost no spell pen failures or saves.  It was much like running anything pre-patch.  In House of Broken chains EE, Spell Pen was again not noticeable but they saved significantly more often.  I wasn't paying as much attention in House of Rusted Blades but it was somewhere between the two.  The explorer area was a joke if I wanted it dead it died.

The Demonweb
Ran all on EE.  Spell Pen was harder here especially on the Drow Planes Callers and the some of the Spiders have crazy fort saves. Most of the Demons didn't pose a significant issue for spell pen but had fairly high saves.  Some of the higher demons took an Energy Drain before fingering.  Did pull a +4 Unbound Wisdom tome from one of the optional chests in Trial by Fury which my better half quickly absconded from my inventory. 

The King's Forest
Haven't run anything out there on destiny since I maxed it out but if I'm walking through Sschindylryn then it should be cake out there.

Overall,  it's working out well.  I'm debating E Spell Pen vs E Necro Focus.   I should be able to pull 5/6 more Spell Pen between the levels, twists and Destiny tweeks.  I need to to a bit more focused testing in the Demon Web and make some gear adjustments.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #159 - Jul 4th, 2012 at 11:19am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Jul 4th, 2012 at 5:20am:
Everyone knows what jade strike is.  The thing is, noone cares.  Not even your mother cares.  Well, that is not true.  She would like for you to stop screaming out JADE STRIKE, HO!  Every time you use it.  I will admit, after listening to you do it last night when I was busy bustin a nut in your moms eyes, it was pretty annoying.  I like to snuggle, play with the boobies, then go to sleep after I ejaculate.  Listening to you scream out about turning mobs into jade statues is rather annoying.  I offered your mom to come to my place tomorrow night that way I can ejaculate in her hair in peace and quiet.

A friend of mine got married recently.  She came back from her honeymoon with an eye patch.  I told her, "I know you don't like to swallow, but if you're not going to, then you at least have to close your eyes when he's ready to come!"  She turned beet red.

I was just yanking her chain since I figured she got sand in her eye or something.  Turns out what I said to her was actually true.

fnord

IP Logged

Calvet
Puppy Farmer

I take stroke pills!

Reply #160 - Jul 4th, 2012 at 1:52pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Jul 4th, 2012 at 8:55am:
Sure can...

Right now, I'm sitting at 23 with enough XP bank to take 25.  My relevant numbers...

Int: 48
Necro DC: 49
Necro Spell Pen: 45

...I still have some spell pen points I could get from the 2 levels, the Epic Spell Pen feat, and a twist.

The Underdark/Sschindylryn
In House of Death Undone on EE both I saw almost no spell pen failures or saves.  It was much like running anything pre-patch.  In House of Broken chains EE, Spell Pen was again not noticeable but they saved significantly more often.  I wasn't paying as much attention in House of Rusted Blades but it was somewhere between the two.  The explorer area was a joke if I wanted it dead it died.

The Demonweb
Ran all on EE.  Spell Pen was harder here especially on the Drow Planes Callers and the some of the Spiders have crazy fort saves. Most of the Demons didn't pose a significant issue for spell pen but had fairly high saves.  Some of the higher demons took an Energy Drain before fingering.  Did pull a +4 Unbound Wisdom tome from one of the optional chests in Trial by Fury which my better half quickly absconded from my inventory. 

The King's Forest
Haven't run anything out there on destiny since I maxed it out but if I'm walking through Sschindylryn then it should be cake out there.

Overall,  it's working out well.  I'm debating E Spell Pen vs E Necro Focus.   I should be able to pull 5/6 more Spell Pen between the levels, twists and Destiny tweeks.  I need to to a bit more focused testing in the Demon Web and make some gear adjustments.

Thanks for that.

Have only been running hard so far myself (Will prob step up once I have my comfort blanket of completed destiny + twists etc).

Numbers seem reachable tho with my Fvs (At least for implosion). 

Base - 10
Spell level -9
Wisdom bonus - 17
3 Sorc Lives - 3
1 Wiz PL feat - 1
1 Evo focus - 1
Greater Evo Item - 2
Magister twist -3
Draconic Twist -2
Total 48 DC (Without Yugo)

Spell pen
Lvls 25 (Exhalted Angel Destiny)
3 Wiz PL - 6
1 Fvs PL -1
2 from Enhancments -2
Spell pen + Greater Spell pen - 4
Epic Spell pen -4
+3 item (Alchemical)
+3 caster lvl (3 peice Abishi)
Total -48

Might be off a smidgen with those, but it's pretty close.  Single target instakills will suck balls for me, but I'll have some AOE instakill that works at least (When I'm done doing the destiny merry go round).

ETA: Forgot the magister spell pen twist for 3.  Could get 51 spell pen, but will have to juggle it around if 48 DC isn't cutting it.
« Last Edit: Jul 4th, 2012 at 1:59pm by Calvet »  

Epoch wrote on Nov 29th, 2011 at 1:22am:
You do what i do when people say I don't have to drink pots? I dot the boss and use BBs on the trash and say, " Aww shucks, im outta sp."

Quote:
Now I am a very bad cleric. I just wait like a vulture for everyone to die. 

Light a man a fire and he will be warm for the night.  Light a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

IP Logged

Hunter
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #161 - Jul 7th, 2012 at 1:54am
Print Post  
Grace wrote on Jun 27th, 2012 at 10:24am:
I don't have an issue with the harder traps per se. I do agree with the people saying that it's out of balance for the traps to be so difficult and require an optimized toon while the rest of the dungeon doesn't. The entire dungeon should require the same level of skills from everyone.
You died on cleric in elite von3. Even before update. You suck.

IP Logged

Grace
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #162 - Jul 7th, 2012 at 2:46am
Print Post  
Hunter wrote on Jul 7th, 2012 at 1:54am:

Because my cleric does a lot of traps? I'm not seeing the logic.

JDollar wrote on Apr 10th, 2013 at 5:25pm:
she's Kmack's property

Quote:
You're obviously important to the community.  And not just because your skin is so supple and soft and smells like honeysuckle and friendship.

JDollar wrote on Jul 10th, 2013 at 2:15am:
To put in DnD terms Grace is a CR 60 EE Ball Busting Bitch

IP Logged

Maxwell Edison
Bailiff

HADOUKEN!

Reply #163 - Jul 7th, 2012 at 9:30am
Print Post  
I just caught myself up on this thread and Mossy you are a fucking insult to light monks.  Turn in your gear and gtfo.

IP Logged

Peechie
VoD Slasher

HellNo Kitty

Reply #164 - Jul 7th, 2012 at 2:39pm
Print Post  
Hunter wrote on Jul 7th, 2012 at 1:54am:

Get the fuck over it and obsess about something else already.

It hurts but I kinda like it!!! ~ Red m&m

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #165 - Jul 7th, 2012 at 9:18pm
Print Post  
I'm not sure where this thread went, because tl;dr and all, but, to be honest, those acid traps in WW are fucked.

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Grace
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #166 - Jul 7th, 2012 at 11:03pm
Print Post  
The devs eventually posted that they are not WAI, but I didn't see any fixes in the patch list for them. I haven't been in game for weeks, though.

JDollar wrote on Apr 10th, 2013 at 5:25pm:
she's Kmack's property

Quote:
You're obviously important to the community.  And not just because your skin is so supple and soft and smells like honeysuckle and friendship.

JDollar wrote on Jul 10th, 2013 at 2:15am:
To put in DnD terms Grace is a CR 60 EE Ball Busting Bitch

IP Logged

FakeStrake
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama, Derailment
and Duping!

Reply #167 - Jul 7th, 2012 at 11:39pm
Print Post  
Right, here is the dev post:

http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=4560403&postcount=205

but nothing on upcoming patch.

It's getting attention, whatever that means.
« Last Edit: Jul 7th, 2012 at 11:45pm by FakeStrake »  

IP Logged

Northwind
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #168 - Jul 8th, 2012 at 10:21pm
Print Post  
Just did WW and STK elite on the ranger life of my completionist-candidate gimp. Survived both sets of traps that got touted as too hard. Not sure what the fuss is.

IP Logged

FakeStrake
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama, Derailment
and Duping!

Reply #169 - Jul 8th, 2012 at 10:49pm
Print Post  
Did you zerg through the traps per usual, or actually moved through them carefully?

For me, I had to stop and pot at every valve in the acid tunnel in waterworks. Normally, I just run straight through.

IP Logged

Northwind
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #170 - Jul 8th, 2012 at 11:52pm
Print Post  
Timed. It wasn't as difficult as I was led to believe it would be. The traps were painful if you got winged, but then, I remember times when they were more lethal than they are now, so I wasn't too rattled by it.

IP Logged

Dracosanct
Ex Member

Reply #171 - Jul 9th, 2012 at 1:17pm
Print Post  
Con is not a dump stat.

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #172 - Jul 9th, 2012 at 1:19pm
Print Post  
FakeStrake wrote on Jul 8th, 2012 at 10:49pm:
Did you zerg through the traps per usual, or actually moved through them carefully?

For me, I had to stop and pot at every valve in the acid tunnel in waterworks. Normally, I just run straight through.

I ran through the acid traps in WW per usual and had no issues.

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #173 - Jul 9th, 2012 at 1:41pm
Print Post  
I got hit for 88 damage after 30 resists. That's a bit extreme. I didn't die, because I'm the best, but I can see where some poor tool might just choose to avoid the scrutiny of Captain Douchebag Obvious (con is not a dumpstat, as if con fucking matters at level 4) by not doing the quest at all.
« Last Edit: Jul 9th, 2012 at 1:42pm by Gunga »  

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Dracosanct
Ex Member

Reply #174 - Jul 9th, 2012 at 2:54pm
Print Post  
Gunga wrote on Jul 9th, 2012 at 1:41pm:
I got hit for 88 damage after 30 resists. That's a bit extreme. I didn't die, because I'm the best, but I can see where some poor tool might just choose to avoid the scrutiny of Captain Douchebag Obvious (con is not a dumpstat, as if con fucking matters at level 4) by not doing the quest at all.

Hey, those 12 HPs could mean the difference between life or death (in the next trap)!!

Or he could just blame his parents and guilt them to spend more money in the DDOStore so he could P2W his way to GLORY!!

Smiley

I don't get what all the fuss is about. I know I can't do at-level elites well, so what do I do? I do it hard, then hit elite later for some easy xp.

Elite is, and should be, like Spandex. Anyone can get in, but a lot of people are going to get laughed at.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
Send TopicPrint