Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Waaaaa... Elite is to hard for me now. (Read 46083 times)
Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Re: Waaaaa... Elite is to hard for me now.
Reply #25 - Jun 27th, 2012 at 11:34am
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Jun 27th, 2012 at 11:28am:
I wish people wouldn't call their character's that until they have 1 or 2 lives left. I see it a lot on people that are like 5 or 6 lives in to the trip and more than likely will never finish it. So in reality they are a multi TR, not a completionist.

...but, but, but I'll be complete in 2015.

Get your ass back in game, gimp.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

qwerty1234
Ex Member

Reply #26 - Jun 27th, 2012 at 12:26pm
Print Post  
Grace wrote on Jun 27th, 2012 at 10:49am:
I'm also curious about the reports that monster casters are so much stronger. I find this interesting given that the new spellpower system seems to have nerfed player's caster power somewhat.

Damage is up across the board. It's just easier to notice with traps and spells.

IP Logged

Grace
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #27 - Jun 27th, 2012 at 1:57pm
Print Post  
Maxwell Edison wrote on Jun 27th, 2012 at 11:04am:
I just put more points into listen.  I usually couldn't spot the traps anyway, but at least I could hear them going off behind me.  For the larger, more persistent traps I find getting drunk and jumping up and down in front of the trap boxes to be the best way to handle them.

Cry

JDollar wrote on Apr 10th, 2013 at 5:25pm:
she's Kmack's property

Quote:
You're obviously important to the community.  And not just because your skin is so supple and soft and smells like honeysuckle and friendship.

JDollar wrote on Jul 10th, 2013 at 2:15am:
To put in DnD terms Grace is a CR 60 EE Ball Busting Bitch

IP Logged

GooFY
Abbot Raider

Just one of those days...

Reply #28 - Jun 27th, 2012 at 4:28pm
Print Post  
Grace wrote on Jun 27th, 2012 at 10:49am:
I'm also curious about the reports that monster casters are so much stronger. I find this interesting given that the new spellpower system seems to have nerfed player's caster power somewhat.

Did Running with the Devils Elite after the update.  Light spells were regularly hitting in the 150-160 range.  I saw at least one over 190, but I think that was from one of the red-names.  Naturally the PM in the group kept taking wraith form and wondering what was killing him, even after being told several times.

Magic missles were also hitting for a ton of damage (double-digits per missle, and lots of missles per cast).

I may be mis-remembering, but I beleive those same light spells used to hit for 50-60 before the update.

IP Logged

Aeolwind
HERALD OF HATE

DDO: More broken than
peanut brittle

Reply #29 - Jun 27th, 2012 at 5:32pm
Print Post  
GooFY wrote on Jun 27th, 2012 at 4:28pm:
I may be mis-remembering, but I beleive those same light spells used to hit for 50-60 before the update.

70 at the outside, but yeah that range is about correct.

Looks like they are ramping things up to move more potions off the store lol.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #30 - Jun 27th, 2012 at 5:48pm
Print Post  
Aeolwind wrote on Jun 27th, 2012 at 5:32pm:

I'll be the first one in line to bitch about pumping the store but this is bullshit learn to play.

We have been asking for more challenge and they delivered to those requests.

Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:

IP Logged

spathic
Stocky Greenis

Taunting the stupid since
before you were born.

Reply #31 - Jun 27th, 2012 at 5:56pm
Print Post  
Aeolwind wrote on Jun 27th, 2012 at 5:32pm:
70 at the outside, but yeah that range is about correct.

Or ramping things up to make elite, you know, actually elite and not just a bravery bonus notch. If people buy shit from the store because they aren't good enough to beat elite on their own and not smart enough to run hard instead, that's their problem.

Having to reconsider a flawed or sloppy strategy on your part is some of the better game design I've seen in a little while.

I do think they turned up some stuff too much, but hell, most stuff is still easy that I've seen.

Instant asshole. Just add alcohol.

IP Logged

Rastelin
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #32 - Jun 27th, 2012 at 7:25pm
Print Post  
I have to say that if that's true, I really dislike the change. For dodgeable attacks (like DBF, lightning) I like the new higher damage because it rewards a higher level of play.

For non-dogeable spells like searing light, where multiple mobs can spam it, it seems  a bit excessive, although IDK if that is with dungeon scaling or without. And before you say L2P, I will run circles around any of you.

Also I always do the puzzle with ffall on, and take it off right before the very last chute. The traps hurt on elite, but the good news is that they are fairly easy to dodge. Practice it a few times on normal and you should be good Smiley

IP Logged

Zhalian
Dragon Raider

Drama is best served fresh.

Reply #33 - Jun 27th, 2012 at 7:30pm
Print Post  
Is this "out of control damage" (quote from the DDO boards) on elite only or is it applied across all casters/traps?  It sounded like elite only but then extra whining made it sound a bit more general.

If its just elite that seems fine.
« Last Edit: Jun 27th, 2012 at 7:31pm by Zhalian »  

Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die.
- Mel Brooks

IP Logged

qwerty1234
Ex Member

Reply #34 - Jun 27th, 2012 at 8:49pm
Print Post  
Elite only, both heroic elite and epic elite are intense now.

Casual, Normal, Hard are all basically a joke for heroic and epic.

IP Logged

Aeolwind
HERALD OF HATE

DDO: More broken than
peanut brittle

Reply #35 - Jun 27th, 2012 at 9:06pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Jun 27th, 2012 at 5:48pm:
I'll be the first one in line to bitch about pumping the store but this is bullshit learn to play.

We have been asking for more challenge and they delivered to those requests.

No arguments here, I didn't say I was making a run on the store, I was eluding to the fact that is where people will go to compensate.  And Turbine knows this.

spathic wrote on Jun 27th, 2012 at 5:56pm:
I do think they turned up some stuff too much, but hell, most stuff is still easy that I've seen.

Searing light & Magic Missles being the biggest offenders, particularly in RWTD.  Traps I'm not too concerned with, several traps were already hitting for 100ish on failed saves in certain places even at low level.  I'm just glad shield clickies last 5 minutes now, makes MM moot.
« Last Edit: Jun 27th, 2012 at 9:06pm by Aeolwind »  

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Reply #36 - Jun 27th, 2012 at 10:26pm
Print Post  
spathic wrote on Jun 27th, 2012 at 5:56pm:
Or ramping things up to make elite, you know, actually elite and not just a bravery bonus notch. If people buy shit from the store because they aren't good enough to beat elite on their own and not smart enough to run hard instead, that's their problem.

Having to reconsider a flawed or sloppy strategy on your part is some of the better game design I've seen in a little while.

The one that really made me shake my head is the quote I saw of 26 ? (I think) DD needed for a trap on elite  Stopping the Sahaguin. That's not right.

IP Logged

Shadehater
Dropbear Awareness Society

Smite Stupid!

Reply #37 - Jun 27th, 2012 at 11:39pm
Print Post  
It appears they altered the flag for 'elite' modifiers to quest difficulty.  Probably in an attempt to make epic elite the most challenging it could be.

However it appears that for some quests 'epic' and 'difficulty setting' are templates applying to quests.  Thus when they decided up up the challenge on epic elites...Someone altered only the values in the 'elite' template and they are not cross referenced to look for both.

IP Logged

Smrti
VoD Slasher

I Am Fooling No One

Reply #38 - Jun 27th, 2012 at 11:45pm
Print Post  
Ran my first run of Beyond The Rift.

Stopwound and Runforr dragged me through on EE.

Most fun 2 hours of DDO I've had in a long while Grin

Munkenmo wrote on Jun 20th, 2012 at 9:41pm:
All hail Smrti.

Felgor wrote on Sep 11th, 2012 at 11:18pm:
Fuck Australia.

rev Jim wrote on Sep 12th, 2012 at 8:40am:
I wish I was a rich black woman sometimes........

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #39 - Jun 28th, 2012 at 4:20am
Print Post  
Rastelin wrote on Jun 27th, 2012 at 7:25pm:
I have to say that if that's true, I really dislike the change. For dodgeable attacks (like DBF, lightning) I like the new higher damage because it rewards a higher level of play.

For non-dogeable spells like searing light, where multiple mobs can spam it, it seems  a bit excessive, although IDK if that is with dungeon scaling or without. And before you say L2P, I will run circles around any of you.

Also I always do the puzzle with ffall on, and take it off right before the very last chute. The traps hurt on elite, but the good news is that they are fairly easy to dodge. Practice it a few times on normal and you should be good Smiley

You will run circles around any of us?  I am sure even your grandmother runs circles around you - with crutches.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Calvet
Puppy Farmer

I take stroke pills!

Reply #40 - Jun 28th, 2012 at 8:31am
Print Post  
Rastelin wrote on Jun 27th, 2012 at 7:25pm:
I will run circles around any of you.

Is that while being a soulstone stroking out for a rez?
« Last Edit: Jun 28th, 2012 at 8:31am by Calvet »  

Epoch wrote on Nov 29th, 2011 at 1:22am:
You do what i do when people say I don't have to drink pots? I dot the boss and use BBs on the trash and say, " Aww shucks, im outta sp."

Quote:
Now I am a very bad cleric. I just wait like a vulture for everyone to die. 

Light a man a fire and he will be warm for the night.  Light a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

IP Logged

kavinsky
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #41 - Jun 28th, 2012 at 9:02am
Print Post  
Quote:
Is that while being a soulstone sucking off a healer for a rez?

ftfy

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #42 - Jun 28th, 2012 at 9:12am
Print Post  
Quote:
Elite only, both heroic elite and epic elite are intense now.

Casual, Normal, Hard are all basically a joke for heroic and epic.

Loving epic elite and it's making me rethink end-game builds.  Kept my streak alive through EE VON1, VON2, VON3, Wiz King, Red Fens and Beyond the Rift.  Normal and hard is absolutely a cakewalk.  Couldn't touch the Drow in EE VON3 with Slay Living/Destruction, but was plowing through them on hard.  13 min hard completion (needlessly cautious), 8 min normal completion.  It's like our heroic XP farming runs and very worth running the first time (~62k XP each).

At-level challenges are a snoozefest.  5 starred each of the 5 challenges at level 22/23 the first or second time we ran them.  Totally worth doing for the first time completion.  Not sold on running them for XP after the first time completion.

Unquiet Graves is a great XP farm BTW. 2 min completion times and tasty tradable hand wraps.
« Last Edit: Jun 28th, 2012 at 9:16am by Carpone »  

IP Logged

Maxwell Edison
Bailiff

HADOUKEN!

Reply #43 - Jun 28th, 2012 at 10:18am
Print Post  
I zerged the fuck out of eHard Tide Turns before I logged off last night.  Epic Hard has been missing from the game and I didn't even realize it.  It makes epics fun, quick, and I can still watch people fail in hilarious ways.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #44 - Jun 28th, 2012 at 10:56am
Print Post  
Terebinthia wrote on Jun 27th, 2012 at 11:20am:
Elite Forgotten Caverns did seem a bit excessive.

I'm supposed to be farming Litany in the next few days on my completionist. I suspect the trapfall of doom will hurt. A lot.

if you're a completionist, you should be able to do the Litany trapfall in your sleep.  Just sayin'. Smiley

IP Logged

Rastelin
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #45 - Jun 28th, 2012 at 11:03am
Print Post  
Calvet wrote on Jun 28th, 2012 at 8:31am:
Is that while being a soulstone stroking out for a rez?

Grin

Epoch wrote on Jun 28th, 2012 at 4:20am:
You will run circles around any of us?  I am sure even your grandmother runs circles around you - with crutches.

My grandmother is a sweet old lady!  On the other hand, I do remember running with you when you first got to khyber. Gimp  Cheesy
« Last Edit: Jun 28th, 2012 at 11:03am by Rastelin »  

IP Logged

mattig
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #46 - Jun 28th, 2012 at 11:06am
Print Post  
@Carpone, agreed re: epic elite.  It's a good challenge, and tougher than U13 to solo/duo.  Ran out of mana after the two Dire Bears in elite Don't Drink The Water and didn't exactly want to try torc'ing up on em.  Dragon probably would have pwn'd me anyway let alone the creepy snake fuckers at the force field door.  Went back in on Hard, stood and shield blocked dragon with DP clickie, and the standard-issue PM DR set-up.  Relative snooze-fest, but a few neg bursts required.  moral of the story = gigantic difference between hard/elite.  Currently TOO different IMO, but maybe scaling played into it since there were only 2 of us.

Did Ying take the epic spell pen feat at 21?  +3 in magister?  iirc, 3 fvs, 3 wiz PL's, assuming another +2 from augmentation, etc...  so if SR on EE drow is still a "can't touch" situation after that, they're pretty much off limits barring debuffs. 

Speaking of xp, how about the cranky hostage-killer lady?  First time I ever consciously decided to stop farming something when it was still over 5k xp/min.  Then again, I don't know how many seconds we were actually in.  7th or 8th completion was still around 10k for "0 minutes."

« Last Edit: Jun 28th, 2012 at 11:11am by mattig »  

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Reply #47 - Jun 28th, 2012 at 11:19am
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Jun 28th, 2012 at 10:56am:
if you're a completionist, you should be able to do the Litany trapfall in your sleep.  Just sayin'. Smiley

I neglected to mention I am DDO's slowest completionist. Cheesy It's months between my Litany runs, and I skip Orchard if I can because I'm not a fan of the area. Shhhh Wink

IP Logged

Merrick
DQ Assaulter

Reply #48 - Jun 28th, 2012 at 11:21am
Print Post  
Aeolwind wrote on Jun 27th, 2012 at 9:06pm:
I was eluding to the fact

Alluding.

(Sorry, pet peeve with that particular word.)

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #49 - Jun 28th, 2012 at 11:28am
Print Post  
mattig wrote on Jun 28th, 2012 at 11:06am:
Did Ying take the epic spell pen feat at 21?  +3 in magister?  iirc, 3 fvs, 3 wiz PL's, assuming another +2 from augmentation, etc...  so if SR on EE drow is still a "can't touch" situation after that, they're pretty much off limits barring debuffs. 

With 3 Wiz PL plus the Destiny points I've pumped my SP over 40 so I'm in the 50/50 range on the EE drow.

Speaking of xp, how about the cranky hostage-killer lady?  First time I ever consciously decided to stop farming something when it was still over 5k xp/min.  Then again, I don't know how many seconds we were actually in.  7th or 8th completion was still around 10k for "0 minutes."

This quest was fun on EE.  It's a nice change from Kill All the Things

Quote:

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Send TopicPrint