Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Waaaaa... Elite is to hard for me now. (Read 46307 times)
Dark_Helmet
Wielder of the Schwartz

I hate you!

Re: Waaaaa... Elite is to hard for me now.
Reply #75 - Jun 29th, 2012 at 1:01am
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Jun 28th, 2012 at 2:35pm:
I was seeing this before the update.  Trap area of effect seem to have grossly expanded with the new physics engine and synchronization of effect an animation was delayed.

A perfect example are the door traps in Coal Chamber...the cone of the force trap extended way outside the door frame it was originally bound to.

This is my real objection to the increased damage. The AOE is larger and timing has been off with things such as force traps. What you see on the screen isn't what is happening with your character. I played on several computers with different providers and pretty much saw the same thing.

People would die past where the AOE should be. Example was Grey Moon on the first force bridge - except the stone was past the bridge a good distance.  They said they were past the bridge and running around the corner when they just died and rubber-banded back to their soulstones.

IP Logged

Mossy
Korthos Resident

Reply #76 - Jul 2nd, 2012 at 7:09am
Print Post  
Im thinking Epic Elite is WAY to bloody hard.

I have a pretty darn good monk with better then average all named gear wis build (sitting at 56 wis unbuffed)

Went in Epic Elite tides with 3 ESoS wielding barbs, a WF AM, a FvS and myself. Couldnt make it past the first room. Note everyone was level 23 or 24 but the WF AM who was 21.

It took us 10 mins to kill one archer and we agreed to just end it there and reform for Epic Hard.

Epic hard took us 7 mins to run.

I think theres something wrong with this picture.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #77 - Jul 2nd, 2012 at 9:32am
Print Post  
Mossy wrote on Jul 2nd, 2012 at 7:09am:

I have a pretty darn good monk with better then average all named gear wis build (sitting at 56 wis unbuffed)

Went in Epic Elite tides with 3 ESoS wielding barbs, a WF AM, a FvS and myself. Couldnt make it past the first room. Note everyone was level 23 or 24 but the WF AM who was 21.

It took us 10 mins to kill one archer and we agreed to just end it there and reform for Epic Hard.

Yes, apparently you are not very good at this game.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

bob the builder
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #78 - Jul 2nd, 2012 at 9:33am
Print Post  
Madfloyd confirms that traps are not WAI in these elite low level quests.

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?&postid=4560403#post4560403

IP Logged

Allo
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #79 - Jul 2nd, 2012 at 11:43am
Print Post  
Mossy wrote on Jul 2nd, 2012 at 7:09am:

you dont even kill the monsters in the first room. have someone run up, watch the shield, talk to gregor, and head down the first hall. the archer stuff is just stationary

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #80 - Jul 2nd, 2012 at 12:09pm
Print Post  
I ran elite quests on a first character on Sarlona and didn't have any issues.  Granted, she's a monk with evasion, but I didn't find anything to be ridiculous.

IP Logged

Belwaar
Shroud Slacker

Reply #81 - Jul 2nd, 2012 at 12:20pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Jul 2nd, 2012 at 9:32am:
Yes, apparently you are not very good at this game.

He doesn't know how to CRUSH ITTTTTTTT!!!!1!!!!1!!1

IP Logged

Mossy
Korthos Resident

Reply #82 - Jul 3rd, 2012 at 2:18am
Print Post  
Belwaar wrote on Jul 2nd, 2012 at 12:20pm:
He doesn't know how to CRUSH ITTTTTTTT!!!!1!!!!1!!1

Well, being that my monk is a wis based instant killer who has meh actual DPS yeah, he doesnt crush anything he usually walks in, instant kils and moves on.

Anyone know the fort saves for epic elite mobs?

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #83 - Jul 3rd, 2012 at 5:01am
Print Post  
How about you build a monk that can dish out DPS? I hate shitty players, therefore, I hate you.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Siver
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #84 - Jul 3rd, 2012 at 5:39am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Jul 3rd, 2012 at 5:01am:
How about you build a monk that can dish out DPS? I hate shitty players, therefore, I hate you.

But instant kill builds are AWESOME! You know, with all the really dangerous enemies (except casters in elite) being immune to instant kill attacks.

IP Logged

Mossy
Korthos Resident

Reply #85 - Jul 3rd, 2012 at 6:54am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Jul 3rd, 2012 at 5:01am:

Because "HUR DUR I COPY SHADES BUILDS" are boring as fuck. I solo'd though most content on him till epic elites came out, so 98% of the game I can walk through and 2% I cant. That doesnt sound much like a bad build to me. If I wanted to play a high DPS i'll go on my barb who cant solo shit and who I dont play anymore.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #86 - Jul 3rd, 2012 at 7:10am
Print Post  
Mossy wrote on Jul 3rd, 2012 at 6:54am:
Because "HUR DUR I COPY SHADES BUILDS" are boring as fuck. I solo'd though most content on him till epic elites came out, so 98% of the game I can walk through and 2% I cant. That doesnt sound much like a bad build to me. If I wanted to play a high DPS i'll go on my barb who cant solo shit and who I dont play anymore.

If you don't build characters for epic elite, then stop bitching you can't complete epic elite.  Nobody gives a fuck if you can CRUSH IT in EN or EH.

IP Logged

Mossy
Korthos Resident

Reply #87 - Jul 3rd, 2012 at 7:21am
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Jul 3rd, 2012 at 7:10am:
If you don't build characters for epic elite, then stop bitching you can't complete epic elite.  Nobody gives a fuck if you can CRUSH IT in EN or EH.

I built my build for epics, before the xpac which I could solo a hand full of them without problem and duo the rest (excluding raids). I find it retarded that Epic Elites are for one trick pony builds. You want to play an MMO were everyone is the exact same or trying to be the same as everyone else because thats the only thing that works?

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #88 - Jul 3rd, 2012 at 8:26am
Print Post  
Let me break down this down for you Master of Retards:

1.  Your build sucks, as obviously so does your skill in the game.
2.  The 2% of the game is actually the 2% that matters.  The rest is just fluffer content for retards.
3.  You are the retarded Master of Retards.  Hence why you missed the obvious. 

Ignorance and/or retardation is no longer an excuse for being a piece of shit.  I even had some random retard read it and they guaranteed me it was perfectly understandable.  Their IQ is only 54 though, maybe yours is lower? If it is, I will write up another way to explain it and have a 2 year old tell me if they understand it or not.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Mossy
Korthos Resident

Reply #89 - Jul 3rd, 2012 at 8:45am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Jul 3rd, 2012 at 8:26am:
Let me break down this down for you Master of Retards:

1.  Your build sucks, as obviously so does your skill in the game.
2.  The 2% of the game is actually the 2% that matters.  The rest is just fluffer content for retards.
3.  You are the retarded Master of Retards.  Hence why you missed the obvious. 

Ignorance and/or retardation is no longer an excuse for being a piece of shit.  I even had some random retard read it and they guaranteed me it was perfectly understandable.  Their IQ is only 54 though, maybe yours is lower? If it is, I will write up another way to explain it and have a 2 year old tell me if they understand it or not.

you only play for 2% of the game? wow, because I play for the full game not just end game content. I actually enjoy the story lines, the journy to the end and then TRing to do it all over again. Might I say min/maxing for one thing then spamming 3 or 4 buttons doesnt count as skill. I could train a monkey to do that... or is that what you are? A trained monkey programmed to hit certian keys repeatedly on a premade build?

DDO isnt a skill testing game, not in a long shot. No MMO's are. Any game with set gear that makes a character 100x better then one without that gear isnt skill full. Now, I could see you using the word skill if we were playing an RTS game or perhaps a puzzle game, but an MMO? nah.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #90 - Jul 3rd, 2012 at 9:04am
Print Post  
Mossy wrote on Jul 3rd, 2012 at 8:45am:
you only play for 2% of the game? wow, because I play for the full game not just end game content. I actually enjoy the story lines, the journy to the end and then TRing to do it all over again. Might I say min/maxing for one thing then spamming 3 or 4 buttons doesnt count as skill. I could train a monkey to do that... or is that what you are? A trained monkey programmed to hit certian keys repeatedly on a premade build?

DDO isnt a skill testing game, not in a long shot. No MMO's are. Any game with set gear that makes a character 100x better then one without that gear isnt skill full. Now, I could see you using the word skill if we were playing an RTS game or perhaps a puzzle game, but an MMO? nah.

The as we said, shut the fuck up and run your Epic Casuals like a good little gimp.  If anything EE's require more build diversity now than they ever did.  My Tactics fighter can stun or trip pretty much anything in an EE so if your shitty no DPS Wisdom build is at a loss for what to do stun something.

BTW, fighters have higher fort saves than casters and Improved Sunder applies a Fort save debuff try sucking less.
« Last Edit: Jul 3rd, 2012 at 9:07am by Eladiun »  

Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:

IP Logged

Mossy
Korthos Resident

Reply #91 - Jul 3rd, 2012 at 9:08am
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Jul 3rd, 2012 at 9:04am:
The as we said, shut the fuck up and run your Epic Casuals like a good little gimp.  If anything EE's require more build diversity now than they ever did.

They do? What game are you playing?

Min/Max retarded dps
Tank / Secondary dps
Healing spect'd divine
copy/paste CC'r
copy/paste Nuker
Extra Spot

Or

Only Divines and Arcanes, no one else allowed.

Improved Sunder no longer gives a fort debuff.
« Last Edit: Jul 3rd, 2012 at 9:09am by Mossy »  

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #92 - Jul 3rd, 2012 at 9:11am
Print Post  
Mossy wrote on Jul 3rd, 2012 at 9:08am:
They do? What game are you playing?

Min/Max retarded dps
Tank / Secondary dps
Healing spect'd divine
copy/paste CC'r
copy/paste Nuker
Extra Spot

Or

Only Divines and Arcanes, no one else allowed.

Improved Sunder no longer gives a fort debuff.

I'm not going to teach you the game sunshine.  You are already a lost cause.  Go run with Fruitcake and Nastyass in the fuctard group.

Quote:

IP Logged

Belwaar
Shroud Slacker

Reply #93 - Jul 3rd, 2012 at 9:15am
Print Post  
Mossy wrote on Jul 3rd, 2012 at 2:18am:
Well, being that my monk is a wis based instant killer who has meh actual DPS yeah, he doesnt crush anything he usually walks in, instant kils and moves on

My Monk is just an overall bad ass dps machine.  You suck at monks.  Try harder...and then maybe you'll be able to CRUSH ITTTTT!

IP Logged

Mossy
Korthos Resident

Reply #94 - Jul 3rd, 2012 at 9:29am
Print Post  
Belwaar wrote on Jul 3rd, 2012 at 9:15am:
My Monk is just an overall bad ass dps machine.  You suck at monks.  Try harder...and then maybe you'll be able to CRUSH ITTTTT!

Let me take a guess at what your monk is.

Dark
Horc
Earth Stance
?

Or possibly

Dark
Helf / rogue dilly
Earth Stance
?

IP Logged

kavinsky
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #95 - Jul 3rd, 2012 at 9:38am
Print Post  
Mossy wrote on Jul 3rd, 2012 at 9:29am:

Dark
Horc
Earth Stance
?

Or possibly

Dark
Helf / rogue dilly
Earth Stance
?

Option 3 - Working?

IP Logged

Calvet
Puppy Farmer

I take stroke pills!

Reply #96 - Jul 3rd, 2012 at 10:04am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Jul 3rd, 2012 at 8:26am:
2.  The 2% of the game is actually the 2% that matters.

Don't usually disagree with your logic, but atm this isn't really true.  People will probably try and get one completion in to get the favour unlocks etc (And most gimps can mange one completion either by upping their game for that content or piking with people who run it often) , but most will run Epic/h/n regular to grind loot.

Probably will see an upsurge in builds which are godlike in killing power and survivability in Epic h/n, but get their asses handed to them in EE.

Epoch wrote on Nov 29th, 2011 at 1:22am:
You do what i do when people say I don't have to drink pots? I dot the boss and use BBs on the trash and say, " Aww shucks, im outta sp."

Quote:
Now I am a very bad cleric. I just wait like a vulture for everyone to die. 

Light a man a fire and he will be warm for the night.  Light a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #97 - Jul 3rd, 2012 at 10:35am
Print Post  
Calvet wrote on Jul 3rd, 2012 at 10:04am:
Don't usually disagree with your logic, but atm this isn't really true.  People will probably try and get one completion in to get the favour unlocks etc (And most gimps can mange one completion either by upping their game for that content or piking with people who run it often) , but most will run Epic/h/n regular to grind loot.

Probably will see an upsurge in builds which are godlike in killing power and survivability in Epic h/n, but get their asses handed to them in EE.

I used to call these builds Vale Superstar builds because they were godlike until they left the Vale.  I guess they need to be renamed to Epic Normal Superstars.

Also, I foresee a new resurgence in the Sorc tank with Draconic ED.

Quote:

IP Logged

Belwaar
Shroud Slacker

Reply #98 - Jul 3rd, 2012 at 1:13pm
Print Post  
Mossy wrote on Jul 3rd, 2012 at 9:29am:

Dark
Horc
Earth Stance
?

Or possibly

Dark
Helf / rogue dilly
Earth Stance
?

Dark, WF, Earth/Fire.

You don't play one of those fruity light monks do you?  That would explain a lot...

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #99 - Jul 3rd, 2012 at 1:38pm
Print Post  
Belwaar wrote on Jul 3rd, 2012 at 1:13pm:
Dark, WF, Earth/Fire.

You don't play one of those fruity light monks do you?  That would explain a lot...

But...but...but my light monk was necessary for ToD!  My Dex/Wis build is the shizzle!  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10
Send TopicPrint