Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Claw set nerfed? (Read 6709 times)
Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Claw set nerfed?
Feb 1st, 2013 at 8:45am
Print Post  
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?p=4874004&posted=1#post4874004

Could just be Axer foaming at the mouth or this could really suck.   The bonuses appear to now be typed the same (Claw and Planar focus).

/d000m!

IP Logged

spathic
Stocky Greenis

Taunting the stupid since
before you were born.

Re: Claw set nerfed?
Reply #1 - Feb 1st, 2013 at 9:02am
Print Post  
Torches and pitchforks now on sale for 495 turbine points!

Instant asshole. Just add alcohol.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #2 - Feb 1st, 2013 at 9:10am
Print Post  
LOL if I still played I'd be pissed after spending months getting the set.  This is part of the problem no foresight and no vision.  They release these with an untyped buff which was likely unintentional then just fix it by typing it damn the consequences to players.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #3 - Feb 1st, 2013 at 9:21am
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Feb 1st, 2013 at 9:10am:
LOL if I still played I'd be pissed after spending months getting the set.  This is part of the problem no foresight and no vision.  They release these with an untyped buff which was likely unintentional then just fix it by typing it damn the consequences to players.

The problem is Feather the Cunt nerfing stuff he didn't make because he's a petty little bitch.

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #4 - Feb 1st, 2013 at 10:44am
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Feb 1st, 2013 at 9:21am:
The problem is Feather the Cunt nerfing stuff he didn't make because he's a petty little bitch.

Do you really think he's doing it out of spite?

I think it's much more likely that the consequences of his changes are part of his "I think I got it right, and that should be good enough" methodology. 

Something about "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #5 - Feb 1st, 2013 at 10:44am
Print Post  
Maybe Majmal can tell us how it is really good for the game and stuff. Bill Bellicheck does stuff like this.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #6 - Feb 1st, 2013 at 10:54am
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on Feb 1st, 2013 at 10:44am:

I think it's much more likely that the consequences of his changes are part of his "I think I got it right, and that should be good enough" methodology. 

Something about "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

not spite, but vanity.  The whole of U14 made tons of previously good gear meh and invalidated a bunch of people's grind to get it.

Heck it may not even be his call.  I don't think Turbine likes us "lingering" on old content because it still has a few best-in-slot items.

Regarding stupidity versus malice you are right, Feather is dumber than shit.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #7 - Feb 1st, 2013 at 10:57am
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on Feb 1st, 2013 at 10:44am:

I concur with the narrow vision that comes with stupidity. No point in being spiteful, when you can reach the same result by sheer idiocy.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #8 - Feb 1st, 2013 at 11:10am
Print Post  
People have a choice between new and old. The new is so jacked up, people prefer the old. The only way to move them to the new is to make the old just as jacked up. Which apparently is easier than making the new worthwhile.
« Last Edit: Feb 1st, 2013 at 11:11am by stainer »  

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

karatekid
Self-Proclaimed Puppy Farmer

Reply #9 - Feb 1st, 2013 at 11:20am
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Feb 1st, 2013 at 10:44am:
Maybe Majmal can tell us how it is really good for the game and stuff. Bill Bellicheck does stuff like this.

I'd rather he tell us some insider info on what FoS is really like - because his external image is one of arrogance, ignorance, and player disdain - whether intended or not.

Someone create him another stealth account Cheesy

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #10 - Feb 1st, 2013 at 11:38am
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Feb 1st, 2013 at 11:10am:
People have a choice between new and old. The new is so jacked up, people prefer the old. The only way to move them to the new is to make the old just as jacked up. Which apparently is easier than making the new worthwhile.

You might be on to something because it's always the popular items that get nerfed.  This set isn't for every build but for some it's great.  So, of course it should be screwed with...

Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:

IP Logged

karatekid

Reply #11 - Feb 1st, 2013 at 11:45am
Print Post  
with all the broke-ass shit in this game, why even mess with legacy item balance?

It's kinda like fucking with the email icon and the little notch cutout in the UI - who the HELL triages what to "fix" in that office?

IP Logged

scraap
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Feb 1st, 2013 at 11:55am
Print Post  
Why are folks surprised?

Genuine question. They've done it several times lately, and this new guy has had the "Old loot is old, move on" attitude since day 1.

Only difference is now he's moved on to stuff other folks care about, I guess.

IP Logged

Glenalth
Puppy Farmer

Not banned, just bored

Reply #13 - Feb 1st, 2013 at 11:57am
Print Post  
Just guessing on this, but it could be a precursor to the next loot pass of post Amrath & epic items.

Standardizing bonus types before changing old epic scroll/seal/shard mechanics to EN/EH/EE drops?

IP Logged

karatekid

Reply #14 - Feb 1st, 2013 at 12:09pm
Print Post  
Glenalth wrote on Feb 1st, 2013 at 11:57am:
Just guessing on this, but it could be a precursor to the next loot pass of post Amrath & epic items.

Standardizing bonus types before changing old epic scroll/seal/shard mechanics to EN/EH/EE drops?

That makes a lot of sense.  I just ran Sins for the first time ever - the unique loot is so outdated now.  I can see why there's so much forum rage over amrath loot pass being needed.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #15 - Feb 1st, 2013 at 12:32pm
Print Post  
karatekid wrote on Feb 1st, 2013 at 12:09pm:
That makes a lot of sense.  I just ran Sins for the first time ever - the unique loot is so outdated now.  I can see why there's so much forum rage over amrath loot pass being needed.

Amrath loot...  you realize there are set bonuses for PREs that don't exist PREs not in the game 3 years after Amrath was released.  Sets from a raid that is deprecated that are obsoleted before their PREs were released .

Quote:

IP Logged

Glenalth
Puppy Farmer

Not banned, just bored

Reply #16 - Feb 1st, 2013 at 12:39pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Feb 1st, 2013 at 12:32pm:
Amrath loot...  you realize there are set bonuses for PREs that don't exist PREs not in the game 3 years after Amrath was released.  Sets from a raid that is deprecated that are obsoleted before their PREs were released .

Maybe they can time an update to coincide with the new enhancement system.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #17 - Feb 1st, 2013 at 12:41pm
Print Post  
I'm not sure how much Amrath loot is even worth pursing at all anymore.  We have better options in those slots.

But that's okay, it's fine when new shinies come out that are better.

But - what Stainer said.  The new toys aren't that hot so the old ones have to be nerfed.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #18 - Feb 1st, 2013 at 12:41pm
Print Post  
Glenalth wrote on Feb 1st, 2013 at 12:39pm:

They seem to have impeccable timing.

Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #19 - Feb 1st, 2013 at 12:49pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Feb 1st, 2013 at 12:41pm:
I'm not sure how much Amrath loot is even worth pursing at all anymore.  We have better options in those slots.

There are definitely better and easier to acquire  options.

Quote:

IP Logged

karatekid

Reply #20 - Feb 1st, 2013 at 1:02pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Feb 1st, 2013 at 12:32pm:

Actually, no i didn't - I always hated the explorer area of shavrath - it is depressing (it actually depresses me), and I wasn't a big fan of Devils; so all I've ever run was New Invasion a handful of times.

I've recently gotten Amrath-curious and started to go see what all the previous fuss was about.  I dug the design of Sins once I ran it, tho.  Wish they'd hire a homeschooler to fix the DM text.  Not to mention the voiceover (TYEF - ling?)

IP Logged

scraap
Ex Member

Reply #21 - Feb 1st, 2013 at 1:09pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Feb 1st, 2013 at 12:49pm:
There are definitely better and easier to acquire  options.

And that has been the fundamental flaw in the cat in the hat's thinking since he started. "set the bonus to the ML" is only a valid design principle if you're still that level by the time you've actually got the damned item.

For the love of fuck, I lost IQ points just feeling the need to point out something that goddamned fundamental.
« Last Edit: Feb 1st, 2013 at 1:11pm by »  

IP Logged

Tobril
Honourary Australian

Hi Welcome

Reply #22 - Feb 1st, 2013 at 1:15pm
Print Post  
karatekid wrote on Feb 1st, 2013 at 1:02pm:
Actually, no i didn't - I always hated the explorer area of shavrath - it is depressing (it actually depresses me), and I wasn't a big fan of Devils; so all I've ever run was New Invasion a handful of times.

I've recently gotten Amrath-curious and started to go see what all the previous fuss was about.  I dug the design of Sins once I ran it, tho.  Wish they'd hire a homeschooler to fix the DM text.  Not to mention the voiceover (TYEF - ling?)

It was the first new content at the time in like forever.

It was also challenging for the day not to mention really fun.

IP Logged

karatekid

Reply #23 - Feb 1st, 2013 at 1:30pm
Print Post  
Quote:
the cat in the hat's thinking

OMG LOL - it was the momentary delay figuring out wtf you were talking about that made it all the funnier!

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Now back to the GOOD part!

Reply #24 - Feb 1st, 2013 at 1:31pm
Print Post  
Glenalth wrote on Feb 1st, 2013 at 12:39pm:

I think they will probably add +7 stat upgrade tokens to Hard/Elite as well.  +7 Stat/+1 Exceptional Stat/+2 Insightful Stat + Set Bonus would fit in with the power level of the augments.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint