Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) DDO Player Council members (Read 111611 times)
Darth Anonymous
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Re: DDO Player Council members
Reply #200 - Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm
Print Post  
Starkjade wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 12:36pm:
There *could* be certain as-yet-unpublished WoTC properties and tie-ins and such.  If there aren't, I'm sure the NDA is there just to allow for the possibility. 

Do you really think they are going to tell PC members anything with out the expectation that it can or will get out? This is going to be blowing smoke. A few free T-shirts, key chains and TP's and not much more. While some of these PC morons seem to think they have ascended to godhood or Turbine employee status they are as mistaken as anyone who believes this will probably end up as anything other than another DDO PR failure. Comparing PC to ML does not hold weight. ML got a server and actual content. PC gets words and a forum. In actuality VIP's are a closer comparison to ML if they continue to give them 1st shot at Lam. The PC thing will be smoke being blown back and forth and little more. I mean look at the recent ED feedback where they basically said that the feedback/ideas on the new ED was to much work so uh no you will get less and be happy. Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things. DDO is a F2P shovelware MMO. We can get nice things if they are quick and easy. Long term projects are bad. Anyone who thinks PC members are going to get Dev's to create content other than what they have already decided to create is sadly mistaken. ML did such a great job of stopping bad idea's do you think people posting /read by a PC member will do any better?
« Last Edit: Feb 1st, 2014 at 3:38pm by Darth Anonymous »  

IP Logged

a Kitteh
DQ Assaulter

lolwut?

Reply #201 - Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:41pm
Print Post  
Cyr wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 11:55am:
That is not a good reason for an NDA.  It is a stupid reason for an NDA.  It's not there to protect you guys from blowback from the player base. You already sound like a Turbine employee...all worried about people being mad at you.

lulz... you really honestly believe people on the forums won't flip the f*** out if the PC mentions "oh yeah, we were discussing the possibilities of adding kalashtar, shifters, and gnomes sometime this year" and it never happens?  you obviously havn't been paying attention long enough.  Roll Eyes

Grace wrote on Feb 16th, 2012 at 5:14pm:
When a quest thinks you are so bad you need to reroll, that's srsbznz.

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #202 - Feb 1st, 2014 at 3:33pm
Print Post  
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.

+3 insightful

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #203 - Feb 1st, 2014 at 4:55pm
Print Post  
a Kitteh wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:41pm:
lulz... you really honestly believe people on the forums won't flip the f*** out if the PC mentions "oh yeah, we were discussing the possibilities of adding kalashtar, shifters, and gnomes sometime this year" and it never happens?  you obviously havn't been paying attention long enough.  Roll Eyes

so fucking what.  someones going to freakout no matter what happens.  treating this shit like nuclear state secrets is beyond rethruded.

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #204 - Feb 1st, 2014 at 5:00pm
Print Post  
Comparing PC to ML does not hold weight. ML got a server and actual content. PC gets words and a forum. In actuality VIP's are a closer comparison to ML if they continue to give them 1st shot at Lam. T?

Jerry's Player Circlejerk is window dressing the blue pill.  I have to laugh at some of the shit these people have posted about what the JPC will do.  it's egotistical enough that they pop up over here after hiding for so long (MELICAT), but the response posts over there reassuring other posters their voices will be hear (MELICAT, FAWN) is nothing short of gagworthy.
« Last Edit: Feb 1st, 2014 at 5:21pm by Yobai »  

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #205 - Feb 1st, 2014 at 5:02pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 3:03am:
I resent that.

And I don't think the current crop of PC members are going to let bad ideas pass without raising a hell.
I know I won't.
As I already wrote : the discussions on several topics are lively.

I like you flav.  because you drink good wine.  and that's enough for me.  but think about all the bad ideas that passed from lamm to live no matter the holy hell players raised.  not saying you'll be Don Quixote, but good luck with the windmills.

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #206 - Feb 1st, 2014 at 5:10pm
Print Post  
Cyr wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 11:55am:
That is not a good reason for an NDA.  It is a stupid reason for an NDA.  It's not there to protect you guys from blowback from the player base. You already sound like a Turbine employee...all worried about people being mad at you.

It is really there to protect trade secrets...ie stuff that competitors actually might give a damn about like new xpacks NOT the details of some new quest which no competitor really cares about.

It has a useful and important secondary purpose also...to make sure the player council does not raise hell when Turbine ignores them or when individual members get pissed off and want to post about the stupid things Turbine does.

When you're right you're right.  on all counts.  there only reason there is an NDA for JPC is to keep a hammer over the heads of members.

omg you might tell players DDO might change trap DCs!!!!  you might let players know we're going with another sorcerer pre instead of artificer!!!  wgas?

shit used to get leaked here and it didn't affect anything.  forums are going to bitch and bitch regardless of what does and doesn't happen.  they'll be bitching about Rowan's interview on DDOCast when there are ZERO changes to guild ships this year.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #207 - Feb 1st, 2014 at 6:08pm
Print Post  
Yobai wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 5:02pm:
I like you flav.  because you drink good wine.  and that's enough for me.  but think about all the bad ideas that passed from lamm to live no matter the holy hell players raised.  not saying you'll be Don Quixote, but good luck with the windmills.

I have my Dreamspitter for the windmills.  Wink

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #208 - Feb 1st, 2014 at 6:18pm
Print Post  
Ironclan wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 9:18am:
Read by a Player Counsel member

I wish it were the real Ironyclan.  just shows again how chuffed these wanker get that they need to post in TWO FORUMS their new status.  beauty.

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #209 - Feb 1st, 2014 at 6:19pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 6:08pm:
I have my Dreamspitter for the windmills.  Wink

There's a game in the US called 'duck, duck, goose!'  with you on the JPC, you guys could now play 'tard, tard, frog!'

IP Logged

Shuy
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #210 - Feb 1st, 2014 at 6:23pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 7:26am:
the specific dicsussion about Transparency doesn't seem to be. ( otherwise several of us would have already been warned ).

We have been asked what we see in the term transparency.

Most of the answers were obviously that there was a need to communicate between us and the rest of the players so that it doesn't look like a ML Redux.
Yes there's a NDA and there's good reasons for it, but we are all advocating for being able to actually say general things.
But it's not easy since, contrary to what was ML, we are going to be show things that are still at the idea stage ( so that are not coded yet ), and an idea can be scrapped for many reasons between the time we see it and the time it should go live.

So if we say that we have been shown ideas for new character races and Turbine does not deliver any races in the 3/4 following updates people are going to be unhappy and start looking for us with torches and pitchforks.

Thanks for the answer.

But don't worry, we will look for Councils' members for every bad decision they will take from now on, doesn't matter if you were actually involved in them or not.

Posting the list of the councils' member is just a bad move for me. I'm already afraid because of Fawn and Fram.

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #211 - Feb 1st, 2014 at 6:32pm
Print Post  
Shuy wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 6:23pm:
Posting the list of the councils' member is just a bad move for me. I'm already afraid because of Fawn and Fram.

It's like a who's who of dipshittery.  and the ones I've never heard of who are coming out of the woodwork like this stupid cow:

Quote:
First, last, and only posting in these open forums, so don't wait for a reply to your pithy, hilarious comment.

I accepted a seat on the Council.
If you want to talk to me, come find me in game.
I don't read the forums, watch podcasts, search out websites for in-game aids, know the turbine people's names, or do any of the other million and one tasks that seem like not-fun work.

I am giving a list for each server of the toon that is at a level that I can handle chit-chatting with you. I'm sure you've got some tech-y way to find out who all my alts are... which is fine. If you bug me on those alts, ESPECIALLY IF I'M LEADING A RAID, I will squelch you and send in a complaint of harassment.

I'm saying that first up because in RL I am a girl and I want more girls to play this game because it is a) fun, b) not bloody, and c) not sexually explicit (although some of those hireling bikinis.... laughable).
To that end, if I'm ever in a group where someone starts the "hey baby, want to see my tent pole" kind of stuff... I dump them from group and squelch them. Because that's attractive to no one in the group except the loser himself.
Here's what I think is sexy: dry wit and a helping attitude. Thank god so many of our servers have those 2 qualities in spades. Otherwise, I would no longer be playing.

If you want to talk to me in game, we are going to do it while doing a quest. I am not going to sit on your airship while you ***** and moan. If we are not moving, you . are . boring . me.

Finally, my levels won't change this year because I park different toons at different levels to help the most needy. Lvl 1's for first time snowy-side Korthos. Level 19's who can taste 20. Stuff like that.
My guilds do change often. I seek out guilds that are low level and need help reaching 20 so they can get that Airship. Then I move on to another low level. Most of these guilds don't know me from beans. If you bug them, they'll just be confused. Except on Wayfinder, of course. Poor, poor Wayfinder.

Argon: Pnyx 15 rogue
Cann: Torquel 17 fight
Ghall: Cursive 13/3 sorc
Khyb: Amscray 16 bard
Orien: Taurag 15 pally
Sarl: Buckles 17 wiz
Wayfinder: Trouble 26 fighter
Wayfinder: Tantin 4 rogue (if you don't have a toon on that server and have to roll one up quick)

See you in game.

No, no you won't be seeing me in game because you sound like a straight up bitch.

« Last Edit: Feb 1st, 2014 at 6:34pm by Yobai »  

IP Logged

Darth Anonymous
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #212 - Feb 1st, 2014 at 7:07pm
Print Post  
Yobai wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 6:32pm:
It's like a who's who of dipshittery.  and the ones I've never heard of who are coming out of the woodwork like this stupid cow:

No, no you won't be seeing me in game because you sound like a straight up bitch.

Bet she has a Taser and a rape whistle.

IP Logged

Shuy
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #213 - Feb 1st, 2014 at 7:26pm
Print Post  

...What the actual fuck: part 2

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #214 - Feb 1st, 2014 at 7:31pm
Print Post  
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 7:07pm:
Bet she has a Taser and a rape whistle.

Do they sell those in the DDO store?

I'm so glad someone like her is on the council.  we really need more players who have a bunch of 15th level alts and only one toon that ever made it past 17th.

IP Logged

HairyO
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #215 - Feb 1st, 2014 at 7:59pm
Print Post  
In the quest for diversity they seem to have included "bat-shit crazy" as a segment which should be represented.

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #216 - Feb 1st, 2014 at 8:03pm
Print Post  
So far people who have selfidentified or used the words 'we' or 'us' when referring to JPC:

Flav
Fawn (silverleafeon)
Ironclan
Halfeal
Coldin
Franohmsford
TrinityTurtle
MadCookieQueen (goes back and forth with the 'us')
DanDonk
Andoris
Marten
Melicat
Micki
Fhtagn
Grecan
MugginsMai

possible:
Deadlock

Dicklock doesn't specifically say it, but he's crusading hard for the JPC and the NDA.  it's possible he's just a moron.

self-id as not on council:

Teth
Thrudh
Mattmatt70
Postumus
Ungood
Myrddinman
Muleaxe
« Last Edit: Feb 2nd, 2014 at 11:32am by Yobai »  

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #217 - Feb 1st, 2014 at 8:03pm
Print Post  
HairyO wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 7:59pm:
In the quest for diversity they seem to have included "bat-shit crazy" as a segment which should be represented.

got that locked up with Fawn, cookie, and muggins for sure.

IP Logged

Darth Anonymous
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #218 - Feb 1st, 2014 at 8:18pm
Print Post  
HairyO wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 7:59pm:

I am glad the players council is represented by hardcore bat-shit crazy and not casual bat-shit crazy. Imagine the forum outrage if they were only bat shit crazy for a few hours a month.
« Last Edit: Feb 1st, 2014 at 8:22pm by Darth Anonymous »  

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #219 - Feb 1st, 2014 at 8:40pm
Print Post  
Fran's on the Council?  Grin Grin Grin Grin

Arkat is NOT on the Council!   Grin Grin Grin Grin

Honestly, I'm glad Marten's on the Council.  Smiley
« Last Edit: Feb 1st, 2014 at 8:41pm by Arkat »  

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Dullknife
Merkinspotter

Reply #220 - Feb 1st, 2014 at 9:05pm
Print Post  
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 8:18pm:
I am glad the players council is represented by hardcore bat-shit crazy and not casual bat-shit crazy. Imagine the forum outrage if they were only bat shit crazy for a few hours a month.

Last thing they need is amateurs right now Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Darth Anonymous
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #221 - Feb 1st, 2014 at 10:11pm
Print Post  
Some great postings on LOTRO's Players Council that pretty much say what we already figured out. A shit idea in LOTRO is a shit idea in DDO.

http://lotrocommunity.com/forum/topic/2344-who-wants-to-be-on-the-2014-player-co...

and

http://lotrocommunity.com/forum/topic/2491-thread-player-council-2014-lessons-to...

LOTRO thread on PC and "transparency"
https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?535849-Player-Council-2014-lessons-t...
« Last Edit: Feb 1st, 2014 at 10:40pm by Darth Anonymous »  

IP Logged

exploytoften
Waterworks Kobold

Can i haz yer stuffz?

Reply #222 - Feb 1st, 2014 at 10:55pm
Print Post  
silverleafone=fawngate- complete idiot, liar, asskisser to turdbin. i have grouped with him, and i'm not impressed. litterally wonder if his mommy will let him join the council

My motto is: exploit early, exploit often
YIM  
IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #223 - Feb 1st, 2014 at 10:58pm
Print Post  
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 10:11pm:
Some great postings on LOTRO's Players Council that pretty much say what we already figured out. A shit idea in LOTRO is a shit idea in DDO.

http://lotrocommunity.com/forum/topic/2344-who-wants-to-be-on-the-2014-player-co...

ha ha ha ha.  I like this post from one of the forum MODERATORS:

Quote:
The council thing worked out the worst way I feared it would.

No communication allowed with the playerbase.

It's just a focus group. Previously some said it is a glorified focus group. No, it's just a focus group, but under direct control of Turbine.

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #224 - Feb 1st, 2014 at 10:59pm
Print Post  
First, last, and only posting in these open forums, so don't wait for a reply to your pithy, hilarious comment.

I accepted a seat on the Council.
If you want to talk to me, come find me in game.
I don't read the forums, watch podcasts, search out websites for in-game aids, know the turbine people's names, or do any of the other million and one tasks that seem like not-fun work.

I am giving a list for each server of the toon that is at a level that I can handle chit-chatting with you. I'm sure you've got some tech-y way to find out who all my alts are... which is fine. If you bug me on those alts, ESPECIALLY IF I'M LEADING A RAID, I will squelch you and send in a complaint of harassment.

I'm saying that first up because in RL I am a girl and I want more girls to play this game because it is a) fun, b) not bloody, and c) not sexually explicit (although some of those hireling bikinis.... laughable).
To that end, if I'm ever in a group where someone starts the "hey baby, want to see my tent pole" kind of stuff... I dump them from group and squelch them. Because that's attractive to no one in the group except the loser himself.
Here's what I think is sexy: dry wit and a helping attitude. Thank god so many of our servers have those 2 qualities in spades. Otherwise, I would no longer be playing.

If you want to talk to me in game, we are going to do it while doing a quest. I am not going to sit on your airship while you ***** and moan. If we are not moving, you . are . boring . me.

Finally, my levels won't change this year because I park different toons at different levels to help the most needy. Lvl 1's for first time snowy-side Korthos. Level 19's who can taste 20. Stuff like that.
My guilds do change often. I seek out guilds that are low level and need help reaching 20 so they can get that Airship. Then I move on to another low level. Most of these guilds don't know me from beans. If you bug them, they'll just be confused. Except on Wayfinder, of course. Poor, poor Wayfinder.

Argon: Pnyx 15 rogue
Cann: Torquel 17 fight
Ghall: Cursive 13/3 sorc
Khyb: Amscray 16 bard
Orien: Taurag 15 pally
Sarl: Buckles 17 wiz
Wayfinder: Trouble 26 fighter
Wayfinder: Tantin 4 rogue (if you don't have a toon on that server and have to roll one up quick)

See you in game.

I can't say that I disagree with her sentiments, but her delivery sure needs some work.  Comes across all wrong.

I have to say that a lot of guys get a bit creepy when they realise they're playing with a female in group.
And not wanting to be hassled all the time is fair enough.
She's a staight shooter at least.   Wink

I can imagine her IRL saying:
"Stand the fuck back dude or when I finish capsicum spraying you, I'm gunna tazer your genitals!"
Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15
Send TopicPrint