Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) New Producer - In Case Anyone Still Cares (Read 33189 times)
Grace
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Re: New Producer - In Case Anyone Still Cares
Reply #25 - Jul 1st, 2013 at 4:37pm
Print Post  
I still like playing the game.

JDollar wrote on Apr 10th, 2013 at 5:25pm:
she's Kmack's property

Quote:
You're obviously important to the community.  And not just because your skin is so supple and soft and smells like honeysuckle and friendship.

JDollar wrote on Jul 10th, 2013 at 2:15am:
To put in DnD terms Grace is a CR 60 EE Ball Busting Bitch

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #26 - Jul 1st, 2013 at 4:37pm
Print Post  
sadface wrote on Jul 1st, 2013 at 4:28pm:
so we should replace it with a system that has less to do with d&d. brilliant!

No, we should replace it with a system that gives more build options for more classes.  The current enhancement system is a piece of shit for Clerics, FvS, Sorcs, Barbarians, Bards, Druids and Artificers.  An absolute, un-mitigated piece of shit.  All of the above classes have 1 or fewer completed PrE's.  It's just the piece of shit we know and have adapted to.  Everyone is talking about how great the current system is, when really it's been a major source of frustration for years.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #27 - Jul 1st, 2013 at 4:39pm
Print Post  
Grace wrote on Jul 1st, 2013 at 4:37pm:

Me too.  And I do see some changes for the better.

IP Logged

AnalFissure
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #28 - Jul 1st, 2013 at 4:42pm
Print Post  
Mal, can you explain to Aaron/Varg/Fooz/someone-that's-not- why the Spellcraft skill system is really bad?

On live, we spend 10 AP, in diminishing returns, to get 80 Spellpower.
After the pass, we'd need to spend all 80 points into a prestige tree that we may not be able to, let alone WANT to play, to get the same effect.

Varg said in the DevChat that Spellcraft and Heal/Perform/Repair were meant to be a 'little extra to work for if you want' but since the USP values are so low, they're mandatory. Oh, and really, telling a blue-bar that "this extra damage/healing is optional" is bullshit. You think toughness is mandatory? Welcome the new mandatory.

My Warchanter doesn't want to invest 80 AP into Spellsinger (even though you can only spend 65 AP in the tree) to be able to heal because then he isn't a fucking warchanter!

P.S. USP per point in a specific tree means spending any points in racial trees is "wrong". ex: Being Human, it's not worth investing 12 AP to get the 2nd tier of healing amp instead of spending 3 points to get the first rank, and putting the other 9 points into what will give you USP.
« Last Edit: Jul 1st, 2013 at 4:49pm by AnalFissure »  

IP Logged

Persiflage
Abbot Raider

Reply #29 - Jul 1st, 2013 at 4:59pm
Print Post  
The enhancement pass is a total pile of wank.  The "new build options" for classes that don't currently have them largely consist of splitting absolutely essential abilities into two different trees and requiring you to blow half your action points on crap to get to them.

I'm happy to agree that the current system is limiting - largely because it's unfinished - and, like Mem, I had been looking forward to the enhancement pass until I actually saw it.  But unless they remove the craptastic points-spent-in-tree gating mechanic (or do what they should have done to start with and have ONE tree per class with the dross taken out and the prestiges linked to prerequisites), the new system will be just as bad or worse. 

And everything AF said is correct.  Taking away spellpower and then giving you the opportunity to get some of it back by investing in a dump stat is bullshit.

stainer wrote on May 16th, 2013 at 9:26am:
Oh you are good. I will be watching you.

QuantumFX wrote on Jun 5th, 2013 at 11:11am:
You are an evil human being. 

m4lacka wrote on Mar 29th, 2014 at 7:04am:
wow that post hurt a lot more than any of the namecalling i expected. Now I see why ppl consider you evil.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #30 - Jul 1st, 2013 at 5:00pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jul 1st, 2013 at 4:37pm:
The current enhancement system is a piece of shit for Clerics, FvS, Sorcs, Barbarians, Bards, Druids and Artificers.  An absolute, un-mitigated piece of shit.  All of the above classes have 1 or fewer completed PrE's.  It's just the piece of shit we know and have adapted to.  Everyone is talking about how great the current system is, when really it's been a major source of frustration for years.   

Bullshit.  Go compare these trees again, to what we are going to get, sorc, druid and bard trees current iterations are more flexible than what we'll end up with.

Go pay closer attention to how many of the current Level II prestiges have just simply been merged into fully finalized trees. (ninja spy, both druid trees, acrobat etc.)

The two biggest problems with the current system are the lack of finished prestiges and the UI virtually requiring knowledge of what you'd like to unlock.
The payoff though was the flexibility it has offered for the past 5 years has been better than every other game out there.

I get that you're a fanboi, but you're kidding yourself if you think the enhancement pass is going to be better than what the current enhancement setup would provided had all prestiges been finished.

Then a UI developed to make it more user friendly should have been worked on. Now we have an abortion of a system made entirely to work to the UI.

Instead, turbine invested developer time into this new UI, and are making the enhancements change to suit it. Filled with a shit tonne of easy to code +w clickies, +dodge or prr for x seconds clickies. It's so obvious why this is easier to code for.

Never mind we were told it was an early alpha, and with the possibility of significant changes. This is what we have, so far changes are primarily bug fixes, with a small cost changes and the extra 3 trees.

You're right, it's not changing, but you're fucking wrong to think it's better than the current version and what it could have been.
« Last Edit: Jul 1st, 2013 at 5:01pm by Munkenmo »  

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #31 - Jul 1st, 2013 at 5:02pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Jul 1st, 2013 at 3:45pm:
lol data shows.

what data?

Most of the people in the events were gushing about this stuff.  Most of those people didn't understand the game mechanics enough to understand what was wrong.

I think MOST of it's fine but there's a few things that really need some changes.   The system itself is fine, but the devil in some of the details is particularly evil.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #32 - Jul 1st, 2013 at 5:14pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Jul 1st, 2013 at 5:02pm:
Most of the people in the events were gushing about this stuff.  Most of those people didn't understand the game mechanics enough to understand what was wrong.

I think MOST of it's fine but there's a few things that really need some changes.   The system itself is fine, but the devil in some of the details is particularly evil.

"Our data shows" just made me thing of this clip.

IP Logged

OnePercenter
Advocatus Diaboli

Ants Eat Dead Grasshoppers

Reply #33 - Jul 1st, 2013 at 5:21pm
Print Post  
Grace wrote on Jul 1st, 2013 at 4:37pm:

This...  Which is what counts for me.

Feynman wrote on Jan 20th, 2015 at 4:57pm:
One thing for everyone who is a "skeptic" on this issue: Insurance companies are basing their underwriting on the assumption that it is real. They are refusing to write policies on homes that are likely to be in danger from rising seas 20 years from now, even though the resale rate of the homes is so high that they could keep writing policies for another 10 years and still not have to pay out on 1 policy in 5, but that would be irresponsible. Unethical, as well, but that's never stopped anyone before.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 11th, 2014 at 6:12pm:
It is fairly natural to assume that the fair price for the pot is the fair value of the resources I needed to make the pot plus the fair value of my labor.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 15th, 2014 at 4:56pm:
You were right this time, OnePercenter. 

iliveyourdream13 wrote on May 14th, 2014 at 2:02pm:
#bringbackreadingcomprehension

IP Logged

Kimberlite
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #34 - Jul 1st, 2013 at 5:24pm
Print Post  
majmalphunktion wrote on Jul 1st, 2013 at 3:43pm:
Data shows for the most part people are happy.

In April I spent a day on Lama, writing comments on the forums, and completing surveys. June? I spent an hour on Lama, saw how little changed, and did none of that.

Does your data say anything about the unhappy people having given up on submitting feedback? Anytime I want to be ignored, I can go talk to my cat. I don't need to fill in your surveys.

Memnir wrote on Jun 14th, 2013 at 10:59am:
Note to any Turbine staffers reading this, and one I genuinely hope you share around the office: DDO has become a shit game because y'all have made it a shit game. Once it was great. Now, it's a festering puddle of monkey diarrhea. No matter how you try to justify it, or pat yourselves on the back for doing great jobs... it's a shit game now because of you. Y'all keep on giving the players the middle finger, and you keep expecting us to reward you for the abuse. I've had it with you narcissistic fuckwads and your myopic policies of ineptitude.

IP Logged

Charononus
Ex Member

Reply #35 - Jul 1st, 2013 at 5:24pm
Print Post  
My first thought on the new producer was

"meet the new boss, same as the old boss."

IP Logged

AnalFissure
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #36 - Jul 1st, 2013 at 5:26pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Jul 1st, 2013 at 5:02pm:

Most people in the events were talking in nice soothing tones to the skittish little Dev, coaxing him in closer, while hiding their big clubs behind their backs.

Yes, I was nice to Varg. He's a decent enough guy, nothing against him personally, and I'm mature enough to know that verbally beating the fuck out of him wouldn't result in a positive change (which I think is what we all want).

The system creates a false dichotomy of what a class is. It's like the entire system was designed by the guy who designed monks. "Light vs Dark, shitload of clickies."

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #37 - Jul 1st, 2013 at 5:57pm
Print Post  
majmalphunktion wrote on Jul 1st, 2013 at 3:43pm:
Enhancements are 99% sure to be in the xpack. Data shows for the most part people are happy. The ones that are obviously mentioned...clerics, sorcs exc...are all being examined again. I don't think a redesign of the whole thing is needed at this point. The biggest reason to do the system is so we can add on easily later.

For Cleric, FVS : just kill the Protection tree, put in a real melee tree ( with stuff that helps hitting and killing undeads, for example ) in it's place for Clerics. ( and if you do it right you can reuse it for Paladin. Put the Healing tree for FvS ( sans Radiant Servant Aura )
And you'll get everybody happy.

For Sorcerors ( and Divine ) scrap the Spellcraft skill, that's partially why they all whine ( because sorcs and divine are shafted, Int being a dump stat they will have to waste at least 4 build points to get 1 more point to buy the skill... or 6 points for the divines ( to get 2 skill points for both spellcraft and heal ).

Well just scrap the idea of spell power enhancement through skill, or rework it considering that skill points is usually is really really scarce ressource

And don't tell me what Vargouille told us Saturday, he managed to get everybody angry with just that phrase on the subject : Tough Choices, I love tough choices...

It's a choice between being a second rank character without the skill and being a gimped character with the skill... It's a no brainer. Nobody is going to waste between 4 and 6 build points to have the skills... and everybody is going to gripe and whine because they are shafted compared to the wizards that have Int as primary stat and have skill points to waste.

You can go look at Flavilandile stats, I posted them when I dissected the Cleric Enhancement
effect on her... Where do I find 6 Build points to get her to 14 INT so that I can buy both Spellcraft and Heal ? ( and no TR IS NOT an option, I don't want to TR my characters )
In CON ? When I get one shot in raids ?
In STR ? When I can't hit the broadside of a barn at end game, but I could at low level ?
in CHA ? When it barely gives me enough oumph that I can actually turn stuff in EH FoT with all the enhancements and items I could find on the subject ?
In DEX ? When it's already dumped ?
Obviously I won't touch WIS, as it's critical for a Cleric.

Find a way to remove as many clickies as possible, there's just too many... no more than 2/3 per tree should be your rule.

Last change the Points Spent Per Tree to a Points Spent Overall, ( and you can raise back the values to what they were originally, so that the top tier is at 40 points Spent Overall )

Side Note :
It is well known that the Forum Crawlers are about 5% of the players.
It is also well known that the L-Space crowd is less than 5% of the Forum Crawlers.
Is that sample representative of the whole ?
Right now a lot of people are worried because they hear and see bits here and there. Some of them are worried enough that they have stopped playing and are exploring NWO, because between the Enhancement Crash and the Epic TR Fail they think it's going to end up in NGE big time.
« Last Edit: Jul 1st, 2013 at 5:59pm by Flav »  

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #38 - Jul 1st, 2013 at 6:01pm
Print Post  
Kimberlite wrote on Jul 1st, 2013 at 5:24pm:
Does your data say anything about the unhappy people having given up on submitting feedback? Anytime I want to be ignored, I can go talk to my cat. I don't need to fill in your surveys.

A-fucking-men!

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #39 - Jul 1st, 2013 at 6:08pm
Print Post  
I also continue to enjoy the game and like quite a few things I'm seeing in the enhancement pass. It's going to be a lot of adjustment but I think long-term we'll see more different types of builds than we see now (especially if you guys add on more things now that, as you've said, it will be easier to do so).

That said, I do agree with a few of the points Munkenmo made earlier...others I don't have enough experience with to comment on:

Munkenmo wrote on Jul 1st, 2013 at 3:51pm:
What still has me underwhelmed:
- action boosts being a tier 2 ability requiring 7ap and 2 class levels to obtain vs lvl 1, 1ap on live.
- monk capstones blow for unarmed
- Requiring a shield to be equipped in stalwart / defensive stance.

Things that are currently the equivalent to a T1 ability in general shouldn't be more difficult to access. Sprint boosts, action boosts, W&S mastery, etc.

Monks really are designed to use unarmed. Quivering palm, stunning blow, touch of death, etc...it's all unarmed or go home. Having so much that focuses on weapons and not much on unarmed in their trees seems odd.

And Stalwarts desperately need their stances for viability. Please don't force sword-and-board on them. I actually like splashing fighter for feats in the current system but I never really liked kensei's short-term boosts. Even though it's not the 'better' of the two PrE's I often went Stalwart. In the new system? No way...they need sword-and-board to be in stance and I have no interest in sword-and-board full-time.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #40 - Jul 1st, 2013 at 6:12pm
Print Post  
Kimberlite wrote on Jul 1st, 2013 at 5:24pm:

That too...
Honestly, since the changes have been about none where it mattered for me ( Cleric ),
Why should I bother filling a survey ?
That's like Bug reports, the tool  in game is broken since the website switchover,
And why should I bother filling a bug report from outside the game, when nothing visible gets fixed anyway, except when it might help the players.

I know I'll get reamed a new hole, even if I say that I don't want. It has been that way for years.
As we told earlier... to make us believe the Leopard is willing to change it's spots, said Leopard has to show us it can changes it's spots.
The Enhancement Crash is one of the best thing where to show the spots can be changed.
So instead of force feeding it to us, stop it, and make sure the final product is going to make everybody happy.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #41 - Jul 1st, 2013 at 6:20pm
Print Post  
Well, I like the new Enhancement System as it applies to Melees.

I have not tried it on my Arty or FvS yet though.

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

AnalFissure
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #42 - Jul 1st, 2013 at 6:24pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Jul 1st, 2013 at 5:57pm:
And don't tell me what Vargouille told us Saturday, he managed to get everybody angry with just that phrase on the subject : Tough Choices, I love tough choices...

It's a game, not an abortion.
Fuck tough choices.

IP Logged

GooFY
Abbot Raider

Just one of those days...

Reply #43 - Jul 1st, 2013 at 6:31pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Jul 1st, 2013 at 5:57pm:
It's a choice between being a second rank character without the skill and being a gimped character with the skill... It's a no brainer. Nobody is going to waste between 4 and 6 build points to have the skills... and everybody is going to gripe and whine because they are shafted compared to the wizards that have Int as primary stat and have skill points to waste.

No, no, no.  The 'tough choice' is; "Do I play a wizard, or something sub-optimal that I actually like?" Wink

Look on the bright side.  They are trashing DC casting too, to even things up.  It's all good...

IP Logged

umeannothing
Stormreaver Piker

Wall building professional!

Reply #44 - Jul 1st, 2013 at 7:45pm
Print Post  
majmalphunktion wrote on Jul 1st, 2013 at 2:19pm:
Kate is fine.
Aaron is awesome, I have worked with him in the past and he is the most...human exec we have. Love the move. Love working with the guy. Level head, and makes the right call for the franchise most of the time.
I'm no longer having screaming matches, and pulling my hair out.
told ya...things change.

Things haven't changed as far as i am concerned until I see or hear something I can officially quote saying fernado is no longer a part of the Turbine team.

That cherubic little turd has his fingers in too many pies over there.

By the way, I heard you were screaming while having your hair pulled myself, and not in a good way either. Grin
« Last Edit: Jul 1st, 2013 at 7:46pm by umeannothing »  

MAGA!

IP Logged

umeannothing
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #45 - Jul 1st, 2013 at 7:55pm
Print Post  
Memnir wrote on Jul 1st, 2013 at 4:34pm:
Sure things change - except the size of the Known Issues List or the noticeable fuckton of bugs in the game.

Actually no, credit where credit is due - those do change. The bugs and Known Issues list just steadily grow until players like myself just leave the game out of sheer frustration and despair. So yeah, I guess you may be technically right - things change. It's just not really in a way I'd crow about.

Oh, and the "people" who are happy with the new Enhancement Pass are either the egregious suck-ups on Mournlands or Turbine staffers. During my time on ML, the obsequiousness was at revolting levels, and the Devs did their level best to quash those who didn't lick the boot. I left because it was an even bigger joke then Llama. Or Turbine QA. And that's a mighty big joke in and of itself.

At best, the opinion that people are happy with the EH pass is selective perception of epic proportions.

So, congrats on the new guy. I have little doubt he'll be just as ineffective and inept as the last few. And if he really is as "human" as you say Maj... then I kinda pity him.

I am highly amused as I have watched over the last few years of how you have gone from fanboy (not fanboi note) to sounding exactly like me. If only I could log onto the forums on a couple accounts. If only to show the slide show of posts from Memnir the great as he transgressed to the darkside.

MAGA!

IP Logged

umeannothing
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #46 - Jul 1st, 2013 at 8:02pm
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Jul 1st, 2013 at 6:20pm:
Well, I like the new Enhancement System as it applies to Melees.

I have not tried it on my Arty or FvS yet though.

I haven't seen it a don't care myself, as long as they are creating a system that is MUCH easier to change as we go, I personally would like ANYFUCKINGTHING that would help me to identify what I need to take (such as a tree) for the prestige of the class. I love the wiki, but hate having to go there every life to see.

That said, I am against them fucking things up so fucking bad they cannot advance prestige classes either.........

I forgot, they did the latter already, it is fucking obvious at this stage of the games life that they fucked up shit from the start bad enough they can't finish PRE's and they are forced to upgrade it to finish.

Be warned MajMal, you fuck this up like the forums are fucked up and it might just be DDO's final fuck up.

MAGA!

IP Logged

Kimberlite
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #47 - Jul 1st, 2013 at 8:51pm
Print Post  
umeannothing wrote on Jul 1st, 2013 at 7:45pm:
Things haven't changed as far as i am concerned until I see or hear something I can officially quote saying fernado is no longer a part of the Turbine team.

While I love me a pile-on as much as the next guy, who was producing DDO from 2006 - 2009? Sands, Gianthold, Vale, Amrath? Who produced the original enhancement system? Fernado and Kate get a lot of grief, but in all fairness deserve a lot of credit.

Memnir wrote on Jun 14th, 2013 at 10:59am:
Note to any Turbine staffers reading this, and one I genuinely hope you share around the office: DDO has become a shit game because y'all have made it a shit game. Once it was great. Now, it's a festering puddle of monkey diarrhea. No matter how you try to justify it, or pat yourselves on the back for doing great jobs... it's a shit game now because of you. Y'all keep on giving the players the middle finger, and you keep expecting us to reward you for the abuse. I've had it with you narcissistic fuckwads and your myopic policies of ineptitude.

IP Logged

Grace
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #48 - Jul 1st, 2013 at 9:01pm
Print Post  
umeannothing wrote on Jul 1st, 2013 at 8:02pm:
I haven't seen it a don't care myself, as long as they are creating a system that is MUCH easier to change as we go, I personally would like ANYFUCKINGTHING that would help me to identify what I need to take (such as a tree) for the prestige of the class. I love the wiki, but hate having to go there every life to see.

That said, I am against them fucking things up so fucking bad they cannot advance prestige classes either.........

I forgot, they did the latter already, it is fucking obvious at this stage of the games life that they fucked up shit from the start bad enough they can't finish PRE's and they are forced to upgrade it to finish.

Be warned MajMal, you fuck this up like the forums are fucked up and it might just be DDO's final fuck up.

Could you at least make a minor attempt to write coherently? I can't even read your posts without spasms.

JDollar wrote on Apr 10th, 2013 at 5:25pm:
she's Kmack's property

Quote:
You're obviously important to the community.  And not just because your skin is so supple and soft and smells like honeysuckle and friendship.

JDollar wrote on Jul 10th, 2013 at 2:15am:
To put in DnD terms Grace is a CR 60 EE Ball Busting Bitch

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #49 - Jul 1st, 2013 at 9:05pm
Print Post  
Grace wrote on Jul 1st, 2013 at 9:01pm:
Could you at least make a minor attempt to write coherently? I can't even read your posts without spasms.

Are you an epileptic?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Send TopicPrint