Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Bigby's handy box (Read 42250 times)
NOTdarth
Puppy Farmer

Save the Planet, Kill
Yourself

Re: Bigby's handy box
Reply #50 - Jul 4th, 2013 at 5:25am
Print Post  
Only thing I would consider using any kind of box would be a solo barb life.

Now since I have a long time TR buddy and the game is easy to get trough I couldn't care less about the boxes and impact of % boosters on them.

IP Logged

Timethief
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #51 - Jul 4th, 2013 at 6:12am
Print Post  
Boxes are nice to evade some unliked classes, (bard for me) but what turbine totally missed is the point that the lvls ABOVE 15 are the bad ones. Thats where the xp flow starts going down

Too many idiots, too few bullets

IP Logged

Persiflage
Abbot Raider

Reply #52 - Jul 4th, 2013 at 6:36am
Print Post  
Timethief wrote on Jul 4th, 2013 at 6:12am:
Boxes are nice to evade some unliked classes, (bard for me)

That's definitely one of my most-disliked classes... but I was actually planning on not skipping my next Bard life with a box, and instead try out Munk's Druid template: mainly because I want to see a wolf playing a lute.   Grin

stainer wrote on May 16th, 2013 at 9:26am:
Oh you are good. I will be watching you.

QuantumFX wrote on Jun 5th, 2013 at 11:11am:
You are an evil human being. 

m4lacka wrote on Mar 29th, 2014 at 7:04am:
wow that post hurt a lot more than any of the namecalling i expected. Now I see why ppl consider you evil.

IP Logged

notajedi
Stormreaver Piker

What idiot puts personal
information here? Gunga

Reply #53 - Jul 4th, 2013 at 9:29am
Print Post  
Players wanted just the XP stone.  So, Turbine cheapened it by 1000 TP.

I am sure they are still selling a bunch of them.  Even to the players that are claiming that they are not buying them.  Usually, the most vocal ones about it are the ones that are doing it because in their head they are already thinking about it, and going from level 7 to level 15 is still a pretty good perk.

As for me, no, I won't be buying them.  I am waiting for Turbine to bring back the stones of EXP that were free and everyone just giving them away, I know I did.

I have been leveling my characters on all servers to level 8 to level 11 in hopes they bring them back.   Why?  if they are brought back I am in position to use them and I am also earning TP by doing it.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #54 - Jul 4th, 2013 at 1:44pm
Print Post  
I had the intention to buy one, as I'm reaching the end of my stable of LVL 20 to level to 25 - I have 1 Fighter and 1 Barbarian left (  and a despised monk mule, and a gimp wizard, but frankly I don't care much about the last two ).
So a Stone would have been nice to get another character near Epic Level...( I have that nice LVL 9 FvS that I haven't played in month )

But with the 7-15 Range and no XP bonus... no point of wasting money into that.
I'll just wait for the 25 to 28 raise and go back to levelling the stable to 28.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Azog
Ex Member

Reply #55 - Jul 4th, 2013 at 3:53pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Jul 4th, 2013 at 1:44pm:
I had the intention to buy one, as I'm reaching the end of my stable of LVL 20 to level to 25 - I have 1 Fighter and 1 Barbarian left (  and a despised monk mule, and a gimp wizard, but frankly I don't care much about the last two ).
So a Stone would have been nice to get another character near Epic Level...( I have that nice LVL 9 FvS that I haven't played in month )

But with the 7-15 Range and no XP bonus... no point of wasting money into that.
I'll just wait for the 25 to 28 raise and go back to levelling the stable to 28.

You didnīt buy a stone because Evo Morales bought one and you hate him. Donīt invent absurd excuses that nobody believes.

IP Logged

HairyO
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #56 - Jul 4th, 2013 at 7:23pm
Print Post  
My guild were going to do a box for our least favored life. But not now.

The only reason they would have done this is because next up will be a 15 to 20 box.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #57 - Jul 5th, 2013 at 2:39am
Print Post  
Quote:
You didnīt buy a stone because Evo Morales bought one and you hate him.

Nah, the US asked our President to forbid flight over Froggy Land, and in Good Frogs we surrendered and did it.

You also forgot to mention that at the same time our President was firing his Ministre de l'Ecologie
( Ecology Minister ) because she whined a bit loudly that her budget was going to be cut by 7% next year.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Azog
Ex Member

Reply #58 - Jul 5th, 2013 at 2:58am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Jul 5th, 2013 at 2:39am:
Nah, the US asked our President to forbid flight over Froggy Land, and in Good Frogs we surrendered and did it.

You also forgot to mention that at the same time our President was firing his Ministre de l'Ecologie
( Ecology Minister ) because she whined a bit loudly that her budget was going to be cut by 7% next year.

By the way, the Frogs spy as much as the US, and didnīt even care to make a secret vote in a secret Congress with secret judges to have a little legal appereance.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2356178/Hollandes-hypocrisy-Edward-Snowd...

Donīt trust Flav. He will hack your accounts and steel all your haste pots.

About the ecology Ministry... she should have spent the budge in male whores and cocain,  like Spanish politicians. They donīt get fired.
« Last Edit: Jul 5th, 2013 at 3:01am by »  

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #59 - Jul 5th, 2013 at 3:25am
Print Post  
notajedi wrote on Jul 4th, 2013 at 9:29am:
Players wanted just the XP stone.  So, Turbine cheapened it by 1000 TP.

I am sure they are still selling a bunch of them.  Even to the players that are claiming that they are not buying them.  Usually, the most vocal ones about it are the ones that are doing it because in their head they are already thinking about it, and going from level 7 to level 15 is still a pretty good perk.

As for me, no, I won't be buying them.  I am waiting for Turbine to bring back the stones of EXP that were free and everyone just giving them away, I know I did.

I have been leveling my characters on all servers to level 8 to level 11 in hopes they bring them back.   Why?  if they are brought back I am in position to use them and I am also earning TP by doing it.

I am very vocal about this, inasmuch as I give a fuck and nope, not buying any.  I likely would have bought ~10 otherwise.  Turbine's loss, not mine.

IP Logged

umeannothing
Stormreaver Piker

Wall building professional!

Reply #60 - Jul 5th, 2013 at 3:34am
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Jul 5th, 2013 at 3:25am:
I am very vocal about this, inasmuch as I give a fuck and nope, not buying any.  I likely would have bought ~10 otherwise.  Turbine's loss, not mine. 

This is the typical and expected nerf to something beneficial to the players.

Turbine fucked themselves in the ass with the Otto's boxes with shit testing and probably ignoring Lamannia feedback about the fact that bonus exp affects them i.e.: pots, exp shrine, etc. etc. and Turbine for ONCE when they made the nerf didn't fuck the people that already paid and HAVE Otto's boxes.

Instead of a fix for the Otto's boxes, they came out with the new one, a 'fixed' version because they fucked it up to begin with and gamers being gamers, they found a way to legitimately maximize the Otto Stones.

That being said, did any of you really believe Otto boxes were WAI in the first place? I expect most of you knew from the first moment you realized all bonus exp was stacking that it would be fixed.

At least they didn't change the already bought and paid for items for once, and Otto still works for those that were smart enough to stock up before the change.

MAGA!

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #61 - Jul 5th, 2013 at 4:12am
Print Post  
umeannothing wrote on Jul 5th, 2013 at 3:34am:
That being said, did any of you really believe Otto boxes were WAI in the first place? I expect most of you knew from the first moment you realized all bonus exp was stacking that it would be fixed.

At least they didn't change the already bought and paid for items for once, and Otto still works for those that were smart enough to stock up before the change.

What in God's name are you talking about?  Do you not remember the MOTU stones?  They worked the exact same way.  They had months to decide how the otto stones would work, and unless they are brain dead, they knew perfectly well that XP bonuses stacked on it well in advance.

IP Logged

Azog
Ex Member

Reply #62 - Jul 5th, 2013 at 4:38am
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Jul 5th, 2013 at 4:12am:
they are brain dead 

This.

Now seriously, I can remember the MajMal commented that it was not WAI, but they decided to let it happen, as an extra perk.
I guess they have rethought that. And they make it the sneaky way, turbine like.
« Last Edit: Jul 5th, 2013 at 4:46am by »  

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #63 - Jul 5th, 2013 at 4:40am
Print Post  
My yet to be opened Otto's Box better not be fucking "fixed" like this pile of dung  Angry

IP Logged

Glenalth
Puppy Farmer

Not banned, just bored

Reply #64 - Jul 5th, 2013 at 5:28am
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on Jul 5th, 2013 at 4:40am:
My yet to be opened Otto's Box better not be fucking "fixed" like this pile of dung  Angry

I'm getting the feeling that they'll just leave them alone and never sell them again so they won't have to deal with whining about them being fixed.

IP Logged

swampshape
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #65 - Jul 5th, 2013 at 5:49am
Print Post  
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/419710-Bigby-s-stone-of-exp?p=5033906&...

Posted by Cordovan on the official forums two days ago:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towrn 
I just opened an Otto's box as I will be using the stone later today and it is still Lvl 8 to use (Lvl16)

The question is, will these new lvl 15 stones be replacing the Otto's lvl 16 stones or will BOTH be available from time to time?

It is possible that both could be made available from time to time.

IP Logged

Groo The Wanderer
Titan Demolisher

did I err?

Reply #66 - Jul 5th, 2013 at 11:13am
Print Post  
Heck at face value on that statement it's possible that they would only continue to make the new ones available from time to time.

Yeah it's also possible that they could fix the ladder bugs, un nerf wail and hand out free XP pots on login.

Doesn't mean any of it is going to happen though.  This is just an easy answer to keep the rioting down to a minimum.

---------------------------
Dear crazies we are no longer serving Ice Cream with lunch from now on we offer ice milk.

*Crazies predictably go crazy, they want their good ice cream*

Oh now now you silly crazies don't be that way, heck it's possible we could offer them both at once down the road.

*crazies settle down mostly looking forward to the day they get their ice cream.  A day that it's just as possible may never come*

where's the cheese dip?

IP Logged

umeannothing
Stormreaver Piker

Wall building professional!

Reply #67 - Jul 5th, 2013 at 11:21am
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Jul 5th, 2013 at 4:12am:
What in God's name are you talking about?  Do you not remember the MOTU stones?  They worked the exact same way.  They had months to decide how the otto stones would work, and unless they are brain dead, they knew perfectly well that XP bonuses stacked on it well in advance. 

Turbine... We are talking about Turbine.

They had months to decide how the otto stones would work, and unless they are brain dead

Turbine.

and unless they are brain dead, they knew perfectly well

Look at their fucking forums.

MAGA!

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #68 - Jul 5th, 2013 at 12:51pm
Print Post  
I think that the MoTU stones were unintentional.  The goal was to get you to 16 so that you could run the Web of Chaos series and get to FR.  I don't think it was WAI that it would take you to 18 when it says "gives enough XP to level to 16". 

I also think they were well aware of this non-WAI feature and decided to let it ride when they came out with Otto's Boxes to make some cash, because it really didn't matter to them at the time what level you ended up at.  So, what was not-WAI became WAI for the Otto's Box.

Then they have this idea about Iconic Heroes and they want to get people to start in FR or Ebberron vs. always having to start in Ebberon, but there's no low level content in FR.  So they decide to start the Iconic's at 15.

But the stones are taking people to 18/19.  So 15-17 is a bit of a wasteland.  So they want to get the stones in sync with the Iconics.  But, rather than change the current stones, they decide to create a new one that works the way they want.   

Eventually all the Otto's boxes will be used and TR's will all have to go through 15-17 with the first life Iconics and no one feels "cheated" by buying an Otto box with a semi-WAI XP boost only to have it switched on them later.

It's probably the best way to fix the problem without pissing off all the existing box owners.

As an Otto's box user, I think it sucks that the new boxes don't give the same XP bump, but I understand why they needed to make a change to get in alignment with their new Iconics.

« Last Edit: Jul 5th, 2013 at 12:51pm by Asheras »  

IP Logged

AnalFissure
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #69 - Jul 5th, 2013 at 2:18pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jul 5th, 2013 at 12:51pm:
I think that the MoTU stones were unintentional.  The goal was to get you to 16 so that you could run the Web of Chaos series and get to FR.  I don't think it was WAI that it would take you to 18 when it says "gives enough XP to level to 16". 

I also think they were well aware of this non-WAI feature and decided to let it ride when they came out with Otto's Boxes to make some cash, because it really didn't matter to them at the time what level you ended up at.  So, what was not-WAI became WAI for the Otto's Box.

Then they have this idea about Iconic Heroes and they want to get people to start in FR or Ebberron vs. always having to start in Ebberon, but there's no low level content in FR.  So they decide to start the Iconic's at 15.

But the stones are taking people to 18/19.  So 15-17 is a bit of a wasteland.  So they want to get the stones in sync with the Iconics.  But, rather than change the current stones, they decide to create a new one that works the way they want.   

Eventually all the Otto's boxes will be used and TR's will all have to go through 15-17 with the first life Iconics and no one feels "cheated" by buying an Otto box with a semi-WAI XP boost only to have it switched on them later.

It's probably the best way to fix the problem without pissing off all the existing box owners.

As an Otto's box user, I think it sucks that the new boxes don't give the same XP bump, but I understand why they needed to make a change to get in alignment with their new Iconics.

Also, possibly, include an attitude that they intentionally let it ride, not as a cash grab, but as an effort to offset all the whining about "You fix bugs that help players immediately!!!". They let it slide for a bit, but now there's whining "well you let it slide so it became a de facto standard of WAI!!!!".

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #70 - Jul 5th, 2013 at 2:18pm
Print Post  
If they wanted to get players to 15 to play with iconics, then price it accordingly.  Call it a "lesser stone of experience" or something like that.  I would pay 2K or probably even 3K for bigby's, especially if they were up front about it in the first place.  But 4K for a ~40-50% nerf?  Fuck that, gtfo turbine. 

They flat out stated that the box would be better than otto's, but it's extremely worse.

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #71 - Jul 5th, 2013 at 4:12pm
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Jul 5th, 2013 at 2:18pm:
They flat out stated that the box would be better than otto's, but it's extremely worse. 

Everything else they've done I have no issue with. I wouldn't pay for the new box (though I almost managed to trade a set of tome pages + 29 flawless blue scales for one Wink ) but I think the new box meets Turbine's goals and is a decent option for people that don't have an otto's box available. The fact that they told people they were coming out with something better and then came out with something that was not better is rubbing a lot of people the wrong way. If they'd just released this box without any fanfare I think there'd be less complaining going on. Not sure they'd be getting any more takers but there'd be less complaining. Smiley

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #72 - Jul 5th, 2013 at 4:21pm
Print Post  
Darkrok wrote on Jul 5th, 2013 at 4:12pm:
Everything else they've done I have no issue with. I wouldn't pay for the new box (though I almost managed to trade a set of tome pages + 29 flawless blue scales for one Wink ) but I think the new box meets Turbine's goals and is a decent option for people that don't have an otto's box available. The fact that they told people they were coming out with something better and then came out with something that was not better is rubbing a lot of people the wrong way. If they'd just released this box without any fanfare I think there'd be less complaining going on. Not sure they'd be getting any more takers but there'd be less complaining. Smiley

Agreed.  With 3 50% pots in there, that's a 1500 TP value by itself.  Throw in the rez cakes (Although I don't really care for them and would rather they weren't there) and it's worth 2000-2250 TP.  The stone is only about 2000 TP as part of the kit.  I wish they would just sell the stones at that price.  I'd probably buy a 7-15 leveling at that price. 

IP Logged

Selee
Abbot Raider

Reply #73 - Jul 5th, 2013 at 6:01pm
Print Post  
Considering the fact that I am sitting on 3 Ottos boxes, I am just wondering what I should be asking for them.. Cheesy

I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves. - Ronald Reagan
Nice is for cowards and democrats - Red

IP Logged

pnellesen
Titan Demolisher

We can't all just get
along.

Reply #74 - Jul 5th, 2013 at 8:25pm
Print Post  
Selee wrote on Jul 5th, 2013 at 6:01pm:
Considering the fact that I am sitting on 3 Ottos boxes, I am just wondering what I should be asking for them.. Cheesy

I have a feeling you could get just about anything it was possible to trade for in the game for them. Just link them in the trade channel and see what happens Wink

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 
Send TopicPrint