Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Bladeforged monkcher (Read 37075 times)
Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Re: Bladeforged monkcher
Reply #100 - Feb 26th, 2014 at 7:31am
Print Post  
Quote:
Arti is nice too for +1UMD/life if you can stomach that crappy plink plink plink

Maybe, just maybe its worth, but its 3 x 3(tr timer) = 9 more days of delay before going into desired build  Grin

IP Logged

Hathorian
Waterworks Kobold

blah

Reply #101 - Feb 26th, 2014 at 11:43am
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Feb 25th, 2014 at 5:44pm:
My new Plan:
12 Monk (I give in, halfway) 6 Ranger 2 Pally

For now I'm actually skipping DM
but taking Power of the forge and Haste Boost (along with Deflect Arrows every 2 seconds  Cheesy) from Tempest.

I realized with GS and GH I can have a pretty easy 36 UMD, so will consider dropping Weapon Attachment in favor of it. AP are tight you still get Sniper Shot and Recon, and Slayer Arrows.

11 APs to get DM is a pretty big investment. I would think haste boost would provide a lot more burst DPS than the extra STR. It would also recharge fury/adrenalines faster although I expect that isn't a problem with manyshot/10k stars....

Edit: although you can still get DM if you have a twist slot to spare....
« Last Edit: Feb 26th, 2014 at 12:27pm by Hathorian »  

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #102 - Feb 26th, 2014 at 2:05pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Feb 25th, 2014 at 11:08pm:
3 monk = 3 more damage.

Wow, did they actually fix the Monk and Ranger past life damage bonuses not stacking on ranged damage? Not sure I'd do three monk lives for 3 damage anyway if I was still playing (but then I'm lazier and the game grindier these days).
« Last Edit: Feb 26th, 2014 at 2:06pm by kum-gulp »  

IP Logged

Barba
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #103 - Mar 5th, 2014 at 11:23pm
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Feb 3rd, 2014 at 4:44am:
Because well, Sestra posted his halfling, half of Omnipresence are monkchers.

I would get 2 pally too on mine long time monkcher, but fuck Turdbine and their alignment change.

Four of our sixteen players play monkchers, three of those as main toons and those three have probably played ranged builds for about the same length of time.

Some of our members post builds that deliberately don't have monk levels - so we're not all "easy buttoning" our way through content. Hell one guy plays a cleric.

As regards splashes, I currently splash 2 pali on a melee toon, but having to get off a non quickened recon after just hitting my boosts/manyshot is a real pain and a big loss in DPS. I think in general if it's at all attainable to have an "oh sh!t" speed heal then you're saving yourself many many deaths. That said you get quicken with four ranger levels so I can't see the utility of going 4 pali on a monkcher.
« Last Edit: Mar 5th, 2014 at 11:31pm by Barba »  

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #104 - Mar 6th, 2014 at 12:12am
Print Post  
Hehe, ok then, not half Cheesy
I been long enough on Ghallanda so I know people 's toons.
Just saying there is too many fucking Pinions now and noone has druid splash.
Citw welfare boxes certainly didn't help.

IP Logged

Barba
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #105 - Mar 6th, 2014 at 1:15am
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Mar 6th, 2014 at 12:12am:
Hehe, ok then, not half Cheesy
I been long enough on Ghallanda so I know people 's toons.
Just saying there is too many fucking Pinions now and noone has druid splash.
Citw welfare boxes certainly didn't help.

Agreed - as a melee its disheartening to be at the coal face tearing into mobs  only for my pinioned brethren to swoop in and pull out damage that trivialises my own...

That said after everybody got one a lot of people found out that auto attacking with a pinion is pretty mediocre damage, and like any class there's a degree of skill in keeping everything performing optimally.

This is often overlooked when people use monkcher as buzzword for hyper geared endgamer - I do it myself. In fact the monkchers I play with are probably the most skilled mmo'ers I know and not the great unwashed masses crawling over their reward boxes and p2w buttons in search of an easy button ladder exploit... may have gone overboard on the imagery there...

I'm stealing CITwelfare boxes and passing it off as my own work on our guild forums, just so you know.  Lips Sealed
« Last Edit: Mar 6th, 2014 at 1:26am by Barba »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 
Send TopicPrint