Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Bladeforged monkcher (Read 37082 times)
OnePercenter
Advocatus Diaboli

Ants Eat Dead Grasshoppers

Re: Bladeforged monkcher
Reply #75 - Feb 16th, 2014 at 9:36am
Print Post  
froggy wrote on Feb 15th, 2014 at 7:16am:
4 pally gives you the turn undead feat so you wont have to twist in bane of undeath anymore and save a slot.  only con is that the divine might costs a lot of AP which could be very usefull in other areas

In quests where I won't Shrine (many come to mind, especially when I blitz, swap out Bane of Undeath and keep the Divine Might charges anyway.

Feynman wrote on Jan 20th, 2015 at 4:57pm:
One thing for everyone who is a "skeptic" on this issue: Insurance companies are basing their underwriting on the assumption that it is real. They are refusing to write policies on homes that are likely to be in danger from rising seas 20 years from now, even though the resale rate of the homes is so high that they could keep writing policies for another 10 years and still not have to pay out on 1 policy in 5, but that would be irresponsible. Unethical, as well, but that's never stopped anyone before.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 11th, 2014 at 6:12pm:
It is fairly natural to assume that the fair price for the pot is the fair value of the resources I needed to make the pot plus the fair value of my labor.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 15th, 2014 at 4:56pm:
You were right this time, OnePercenter. 

iliveyourdream13 wrote on May 14th, 2014 at 2:02pm:
#bringbackreadingcomprehension

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #76 - Feb 20th, 2014 at 11:02am
Print Post  
Was directed at Cdr's comment Munk.

Preferring 2 FvS for the reasons you listed is eminently reasonable.

Calling 4 pally worthless?
Worthless.

IP Logged

Shat
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #77 - Feb 20th, 2014 at 6:41pm
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 10:28pm:
BF has a lot of pros:

recon saves you a twist slot
Extra fortification
power of the forge
20% slashing absorption

Shaatan TRed his monkcher to BF, so it has to have some merit Tongue

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/433491-Over-Raided-Duo-EE-The-Lord-of-...

It's a funny story how I actually made that BF AA build. A guildie asked me to make a BF AA build for him and at first I thought that it's a horrible idea with dumped DEX and WIS at creation.
It took me a while but finally I figured out a build that had only 2 WIS less than my fleshy build and all other possible stats higher than what I had, plus all the immunities, slashing absorb and all that junk.

Munkenmo wrote on Feb 3rd, 2014 at 4:35am:
When I last tred my monkcher 2 druid was far and away the best splash.

When I get round to updating him ill go 2fvs. You can piss about how good you are all you want, I dont need pally saves, cdr doesnt ned pally saves, hell even shataan doesnt have them. You going to accuse him of not being able to solo?

I think I said that somewhere on ddo forum before, but... saves are for lazy people. Tongue

AtomicMew wrote on Feb 4th, 2014 at 1:10am:
Interestingly, bladeforged can only take Follower of the lord of blades (unless I'm missing something?)  So I'm potentially reconsidering the FvS splash, as that was one of the major draws I think. 

FvS is probably a good idea. My current BF build is 12 Mnk/ 6 Rngr/ 2 Clr and I'm really "enjoying" it. I took Cleric over FvS just because it has cheaper Scroll Mastery. I don't really use scrolls much (or even nearly never), but I feel much safer when I know that I have an "oh shit" heal while soloing EE raids lol. Other than that FvS sounds better than Cleric.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #78 - Feb 20th, 2014 at 8:06pm
Print Post  
Shat wrote on Feb 20th, 2014 at 6:41pm:
It's a funny story how I actually made that BF AA build. A guildie asked me to make a BF AA build for him and at first I thought that it's a horrible idea with dumped DEX and WIS at creation.
It took me a while but finally I figured out a build that had only 2 WIS less than my fleshy build and all other possible stats higher than what I had, plus all the immunities, slashing absorb and all that junk.

I instantly wrote it off at first too ><, after really looking into it over the course of this thread I'll be TR'ing my monkcher into a Bladeforged, (2fvs.)  It's not reconstruct that's bought me around though, It's was the following factors:
Power of the forge stacking with damage boost

Weapon attachment's Addy + 2 ED feats silver and byeshk bypassing +cold iron from fury = virtually full time metaline

No matter how I look at it, the stats are underwhelming.
The best distribution I can see is:

16str+5tome+2levels
14dex+5tome+2levels
10con
8int
16wis+5tome+3levels
8Cha

The charisma ends up being a little low though: 26 (8mod) 8base+5tome+10item+1exceptional+2insight

Given how low the Cha is I definitely won't consider Paladin until we get more stat inflation from tomes / gear.

*edited for accuracy*
*i'll be sticking with elf*
« Last Edit: Feb 21st, 2014 at 5:52pm by Munkenmo »  

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Razaghan
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #79 - Feb 21st, 2014 at 2:05am
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Feb 20th, 2014 at 8:06pm:
16str+5tome+2levels
14dex+5tome+2levels
10con
8int
16wis+5tome+3levels
8Cha

Why not drop WIS by just 2 points to 14 and raise CHA to 14 with the 6 build points you would save?
« Last Edit: Feb 21st, 2014 at 2:06am by Razaghan »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #80 - Feb 21st, 2014 at 5:15am
Print Post  
Because they dpnt calue saving throws. Fra kly i think that comes down to a playstyle choice. I preder to stand and deliver on Big baddies in AF for the extra damage and not worry anoit moving as much.

More mobile styles require less savong theows sonce you can just dtay put of range or dodge rays and AoEs.

Some may beg to differ

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #81 - Feb 21st, 2014 at 5:16am
Print Post  
Also, its probably a small net loss of DPS having 2 less wisdom.

IP Logged

Shat
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #82 - Feb 21st, 2014 at 5:02pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Feb 20th, 2014 at 8:06pm:
Power of the forge stacking with damage boost
Weapon attachment's Addy + 2 ED feats silver and byeshk bypassing +cold iron from fury = virtually full time metaline

I'm sorry to dissapoint you, but Power of the Forge does not stack with other damage boosts. It might look like it stacks, but it doesn't. There are a few reasons why people think that they stack:

1. if you use damage boost first and then Power of the Forge, you will see both of their icons on buff bar, but that's only because Power of the Forge also gives other bonuses that Damage Boost doesn't, so it can't completely replace the Damage Boost icon, thus it shows both of them

2. if you have a 30% Damage Boost, you will see both icons on your buff bar no matter the order that you use your boosts in, because Power of the Forge can't replace Damage Boost since the boost has 10% more dmg and Damage Boost can't replace Power of the Forge, since Power of the Forge has the extra PRR, Spell Power and other junk.

While testing Power of the Forge I felt like there is something wrong with the numbers that I was seeing and I tested it with a 20% Damage Boost. When I hit Damage Boost after Power of the Forge, the Damage Boost icon was being replaced by Power of the Forge, which assured me that my feeling about the numbers was right.

As for other point that you brought up.

Weapon Attachment is kind of crappy. You loose it everytime you swap weapon, which basically means that everytime you want to scroll something (Tenser!!!), you loose it. All this wouldn't be so bad if not for super long cast time and longish cooldown. Also, wanting it just for breaking addamantine DR is kind of silly lol. That's what Metalline Arrows Imbue is for! No need to waste 2 feats for it too. 

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #83 - Feb 21st, 2014 at 5:56pm
Print Post  
Shat wrote on Feb 21st, 2014 at 5:02pm:
I'm sorry to dissapoint you, but Power of the Forge does not stack with other damage boosts. It might look like it stacks, but it doesn't. There are a few reasons why people think that they stack:

Still not back playing much yet, second time in this thread I'd taken someones word for something. Embarrassed

Thankyou for saving me from a serious waste of time.

Re: weapon attachment vs tensors, weapon attachment is more damage than tensors. As it is, I generally only scroll long buffs anyway.  If I've gotta break attachment to raise / spot scroll someone, that'll be a good time to use tensors whilst I'm waiting on attachment.

Given that I've currently got toughness as both ED feats on my AA, spending ED feats on metals really doesn't seem like that bad an idea on paper.

It's moot though, with power of the forge not stacking, to me, it's not worth the effort TRing again to get Bladeforged benefits.

PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

tachyon
Titan Demolisher

Reply #84 - Feb 21st, 2014 at 6:05pm
Print Post  
I learned that the hard way a while ago when I took both spellpower boosts from druid tree and human tree and happened to check my spellpower one day Sad

IP Logged

Shat
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #85 - Feb 21st, 2014 at 6:21pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Feb 21st, 2014 at 5:56pm:
Re: weapon attachment vs tensors, weapon attachment is more damage than tensors. As it is, I generally only scroll long buffs anyway.  If I've gotta break attachment to raise / spot scroll someone, that'll be a good time to use tensors whilst I'm waiting on attachment.

I think you are underestimating the value of 28 BAB for a ranged toon.
BAB matters a lot more for archers than for melees. Last time I tested, Tenser's full BAB was giving me as much attack speed, as Haste Boost. Except Tenser also gives +4 STR/DEX/CON, has much longer duration, can be chain used outside of LD (if you really want to) and the amount of time that you can use it is only limited by your inventory space lol. But yeah, there is also the annoyance of swapping to scroll every minute (or every 2 min if you use it only for manyshot).

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #86 - Feb 21st, 2014 at 11:20pm
Print Post  
Thats good information on stacking damge boosts.

Thanks.

IP Logged

Lehane
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #87 - Feb 22nd, 2014 at 12:02am
Print Post  
I also hate casting tensors every damn second, but the point about casting it right before manyshot and I would guess 10k stars is a great tip.

IP Logged

Hathorian
Waterworks Kobold

blah

Reply #88 - Feb 23rd, 2014 at 5:23pm
Print Post  
Harharhar...I tried your BF monkcher build on Lam. I'm a noob for monkcher builds but it seems pretty awesome (I guess pretty much all monkcher builds are these days though). Only problem I have with it so far is it is a hog when it comes to APs. I can't seem to get some of the stuff I want. How do you spend your APs?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #89 - Feb 23rd, 2014 at 5:55pm
Print Post  
Lehane wrote on Feb 22nd, 2014 at 12:02am:
I also hate casting tensors every damn second, but the point about casting it right before manyshot and I would guess 10k stars is a great tip.

I get lazy too. then something hits me for like 400 and i remember to scroll displace and tenser before I melee it again ;p

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #90 - Feb 25th, 2014 at 1:45am
Print Post  
Hathorian wrote on Feb 23rd, 2014 at 5:23pm:
Harharhar...I tried your BF monkcher build on Lam. I'm a noob for monkcher builds but it seems pretty awesome (I guess pretty much all monkcher builds are these days though). Only problem I have with it so far is it is a hog when it comes to APs. I can't seem to get some of the stuff I want. How do you spend your APs?

Well according to most of the people in this thread it's the Gimpest, silliest, dumbest, down right retarded BF monkcher build around.

To be fair, in the extremely small marginal differences between Monkcher builds, mine is slightly less mobile, potentially just a hair less on the DPS depending on Stat distribution, and but defensively probably the strongest. Now some people in here like to talk about saves being for lazy people or some such nonsense. I say that's really down to play style. I played a non pally splash version my previous life, and I spent more time dead, which is a SERIOUS hit to DPS, so I say it's at worst a wash, at best maybe better.

Whatever. If you're new to monkchers, it's probably the best monkcher build for you. It's close to indestructible, good self healing, great DPS, you'll love it. Just get some displace clickies.

My build uses Power of the Forge, Racial Seeker and Weapon attachment. The reason being:

-My Tensors chance to cast from scroll buffed is only like 60%. That's WAY too much wasted time trying to get it off that could just be shooting something, albeit slightly slower than with 28 BAB.

I spend the ABSOLUTE bare minimum in AA, which I think is 32 pts for Slayer arrow and the final tier of elemental arrows. I take Damage boost and Sniper shot in DWS. I think I took enlightenment or whatever it's called in Henshin. To be honest, I've been out of game for a month and simply can't remember how I have my points spent. I also experiment all the time, like recently moving over to LD full time, and actually going quite deep into DWS for 25 stack of AF on raid bosses, thought that sort of sucked.

I don't think I have anything in Shintao, maybe 1 pt in HAMP since I wear a 20% Gilv. Ring and 30% Conv Bracers of Parrying. Makes me actually quite healable in raids. Obviously, I've spent enough to get DM, and no more in Pally.

Shat make a good argument for scrolling Tensors and skipping Weapon Attachment, though racial seeker 5 is still really nice. If you can easily slot/PL/whatever to consistently get your UMD high enough to no fail tensors, that's all good and you skip to weapon attachment. Now that Shat has shat on Damage Boost and Forge damage not stacking, its less attractive. Though I thill think having 16 damage boosts is awesome for longer quests/raids. 20% damage bonus on demand is nothing to sneeze at, but it's not as cool as 50% if they stacked.

IP Logged

Hathorian
Waterworks Kobold

blah

Reply #91 - Feb 25th, 2014 at 10:22am
Print Post  
I didn't spend much time on it because it was Lam but I think I went with 19 BF (probably too much, weapon attachment was a pain in the ass while trying to use Tensor's), 37 AA (too much but I couldn't resist endless reconstructs made available with moonbow), 8 Henshin for the passive ki regen, 1 DWS for the +5m sneak range and +1 sneak die, like 12 points on knights of the chalice for divine might, a few points on ninja spy for +1 sneak die.

So, I didn't have any points left to get the +15 PRR from Shintao, nor the haste boost from Tempest or damage boost from DWS (which was pretty stupid in hindsight) nor enough points to get Sniper shot.

So you are saying don't worry about the 15 PRR from Shintao or the haste boost from Tempest. I don't see how you can spend less than 11 points in KotC if you want DM though.... I don't think I could fit in Sniper shot....

IP Logged

Hathorian
Waterworks Kobold

blah

Reply #92 - Feb 25th, 2014 at 10:30am
Print Post  
The cores in DWS are great, but the first 3 tiers seem like crap to me. Is Sniper shot that great? It looks really nice since it has a 6 second cooldown. I'm guessing it would work nicely with manyshot and fury.

IP Logged

tachyon
Titan Demolisher

Reply #93 - Feb 25th, 2014 at 12:40pm
Print Post  
Hathorian wrote on Feb 25th, 2014 at 10:30am:
The cores in DWS are great, but the first 3 tiers seem like crap to me. Is Sniper shot that great? It looks really nice since it has a 6 second cooldown. I'm guessing it would work nicely with manyshot and fury.

It's great. Enables SA damage, works nice when arrow of slaying is on cooldown for an adrenalined manyshot\10k, spammable, what's not to like.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #94 - Feb 25th, 2014 at 4:00pm
Print Post  
Hathorian wrote on Feb 25th, 2014 at 10:30am:

Sniper shot IMO is second only to Slayer arrow. It gives autobluff (read: survival) plus it's +2 crit mulit which is huge in any destiny. 6 sec cooldown, and not SP cost. I I don't like to live without it anymore. People ignored it for a long time but I LOVE it

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #95 - Feb 25th, 2014 at 5:44pm
Print Post  
My new Plan:
12 Monk (I give in, halfway) 6 Ranger 2 Pally

For now I'm actually skipping DM
but taking Power of the forge and Haste Boost (along with Deflect Arrows every 2 seconds  Cheesy) from Tempest.

I realized with GS and GH I can have a pretty easy 36 UMD, so will consider dropping Weapon Attachment in favor of it. AP are tight you still get Sniper Shot and Recon, and Slayer Arrows.
« Last Edit: Feb 25th, 2014 at 9:52pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #96 - Feb 25th, 2014 at 10:40pm
Print Post  
So, what PLs would be beneficial to a monkcher? Other than 3x Ranger, ofc.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #97 - Feb 25th, 2014 at 11:08pm
Print Post  
3 monk = 3 more damage.

if fleshy paladin for heal amp

then rogue for +1 damage when sneak attacking

then fvs / sorc for more self healing sp.

oh and cleric for extra turn undead per rest for monkchers with 4paladin or 2 cleric levels.
« Last Edit: Feb 25th, 2014 at 11:10pm by Munkenmo »  

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #98 - Feb 25th, 2014 at 11:34pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Feb 25th, 2014 at 11:08pm:
3 monk = 3 more damage.

if fleshy paladin for heal amp

then rogue for +1 damage when sneak attacking

then fvs / sorc for more self healing sp.

oh and cleric for extra turn undead per rest for monkchers with 4paladin or 2 cleric levels.

Time to put some stones to use  Grin

IP Logged

Turkantho
Ex Member

Reply #99 - Feb 26th, 2014 at 6:57am
Print Post  
Arti is nice too for +1UMD/life if you can stomach that crappy plink plink plink

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 
Send TopicPrint