Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Bladeforged monkcher (Read 37071 times)
Luxgolg
Shroud Slacker

So many bugs

Re: Bladeforged monkcher
Reply #25 - Feb 3rd, 2014 at 9:52am
Print Post  
Lips Sealedharharharhar wrote on Feb 3rd, 2014 at 9:46am:
Wrong how? This is all subjective theory crafting. I'm not wrong that saves are higher and a twist is free with pally 2 or 4.

You're wrong for suggesting that.

There is no objective truth to /2 fvs or Druid or pally or 4 pally being better. They're all basically the identical builds since 99% of their utility is wrapped up Manyshot, 10k, earth stance, slayer arrows, and OC.

The rest is relatively meaningless and really revolves around play style.

My version of a BF is subjectively the most unkillable version. I also argue that subjectively I find it to have the highest DPS. Why? Because I don't have dodge or avoid shit. It's basically an invincible ranged tank. And when it does rarely take some damage, I just hit easy button recon. That means I spend more time doing dps on targets, with twists that are maximized for damage as well.

I dare any of you to try it. I have, and I've tried every other build listed here (except Druid). Have any of you done that?

Apparently not. So I'm going to insist that you blow your (subjectively judged) bullshit fake certainty out of your collective subjectively full of shit asses.

Gimps gonna gimp I guess.

Frog on all servers, but Cannith is home.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #26 - Feb 3rd, 2014 at 10:38am
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Feb 3rd, 2014 at 9:46am:
Wrong how? This is all subjective theory crafting. I'm not wrong that saves are higher and a twist is free with pally 2 or 4.

You're wrong for suggesting that.

There is no objective truth to /2 fvs or Druid or pally or 4 pally being better. They're all basically the identical builds since 99% of their utility is wrapped up Manyshot, 10k, earth stance, slayer arrows, and OC.

The rest is relatively meaningless and really revolves around play style.

If you stopped here, id agree with you whole heartedly.

Quote:
I dare any of you to try it. I have, and I've tried every other build listed here (except Druid). Have any of you done that?

Apparently not. So I'm going to insist that you blow your (subjectively judged) bullshit fake certainty out of your collective subjectively full of shit asses.

Gimps gonna gimp I guess.

Instead, like earlier, you had to be a fuckwit and attack others.

Fwiw, ive done every build in this thread as a fleshy, except 4 paladin (ive done 2 pally instead). One of the cool things about decent movement speed and ranged is that i dont have to stop attacking when I dodge attacks, its the single reason why I dont value pally saves over the fvs option.

My monkcher is 4 years old, I know what im talking about.  I believe you do too, but as long as you're being a fuckwit no one is going to take you seriously.
« Last Edit: Feb 3rd, 2014 at 12:14pm by Munkenmo »  

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #27 - Feb 3rd, 2014 at 11:01am
Print Post  
Funny how things went from "4 pally is superior because... reasons" to "it doesn't matter, they're all the same".

I almost feel bad for him now. We haven't had a good meltdown in awhile.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #28 - Feb 3rd, 2014 at 11:11am
Print Post  
I would have stopped there but the rest was for Epoch who adds nothing ever to any conversation and is pretty much a grade A troll. The first half of that was for you and the second half was for him.

5% movement speed is so little I just do t see it making a difference. And like I said earlier, what Monkcher has the ki available for abundant step if they're not missing out on 10k every time it's off cool down? I guess with enlightenment and henshin points but that's a big investment for AS I think.

I understand that you and maybe a couple others have tried most of these builds, but considering the flack I got for 10mk6raPal I'm relatively certain none of you have done it on a BF. which btw would require a heart to swap out all pally. That's way to rich for my blood. I'd rather go 4 pally  and lose AS.

With displace I literally just stand in groups of EE mobs and hit recon everyone in a while and it's not a big deal. The prr and BF dr is so good kiting is largely unnecessary combined with the insane killing power of the build with dual boosts and DM.

If you don't believe me, fine. But realize thaw being obtuse if you haven't tried it. And with saves as high as they are, I dont really worry about casters either. Movement is simply not that important on this build. Making your impassioned arguments against 4 pally largely moot.

I will concede, that maybe once it get epic completion it's I would try 2 pal and twist turns, maybe. I think I'll find the ops twist to be more useful than AS I never have ki for and 5% movement speed I don't really use to any advantage. With pin, whistle, and a tendon slice DunRobar ring (the pro crate on ranges I've questioned lately however, though specifically on my thrower) not much gets close before a it dead anyway. Why run?

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #29 - Feb 3rd, 2014 at 11:12am
Print Post  
Meltdown, right

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #30 - Feb 3rd, 2014 at 11:16am
Print Post  
Also, you can take seriously whatever the hell you want. I don't post because I give a shit what any of you think (that should be clear by now) I posted because someone asked if BF monkchers are an option, and I have one, and it's the best monkcher build I've played.

If you or others, like CuntDR, don't appreciate that info, I quite literally could not care any less if I was lobotomized.

This is an Internet forum of autistic video game addicted keyboard jockey fucktards (myself, sadly, included). So, seriously, be my guest and flame away.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #31 - Feb 3rd, 2014 at 12:24pm
Print Post  
The pattern continues.

No one was giving you shit personally until you dished it out first.

I appreciate the perspective with builds, but the attitude will eventually lead me to skip your posts.

You dont have to be a fuckwit.

Btw how well is IPS working for younwhen your being surrounded by mobs?  The main reason I always move is cause I find it to be the optimal way to clear rooms.

PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

kierg10
Shroud Slacker

Cuddly wuddly cats

Reply #32 - Feb 3rd, 2014 at 9:35pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Feb 3rd, 2014 at 1:01am:
In Fury:
Pin
Whistler drop it, not worth a twist slot
Dance of Flowers
Extra action boosts Not especially needed, better twists to be had, i.e., standing with stone from GMOF....could go 4 2 1 1 and get stand with stone pin dance and then maybe extra action boosts if you really feel you need them

In LD:
Pin
Whistler same as above
Dance
+2 wisdom raged from fury/enlightenment (free up APs) or dodge twists/other utility twist. Standing with stone like i said above

comments in red

also, some people have said that pin isn't even worth it sometimes anymore....so there is that to consider.

Also avoidance>saves....if you're not lazy, and if you're soloing EEs I doubt you're lazy.

(Me, I'm lazy, so I like paladin level saves.....I also don't solo EEs even though I can)

Terebinthia wrote on Feb 17th, 2014 at 9:26pm:
the Wayward Lobster is a retard petting zoo.

IP Logged

kierg10
Shroud Slacker

Cuddly wuddly cats

Reply #33 - Feb 3rd, 2014 at 9:37pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Feb 3rd, 2014 at 11:11am:
I would have stopped there but the rest was for Epoch who adds nothing ever to any conversation and is pretty much a grade A troll. The first half of that was for you and the second half was for him.

Being a Grade A Troll adds something to a conversation. It adds amusement.

IP Logged

kierg10
Shroud Slacker

Cuddly wuddly cats

Reply #34 - Feb 3rd, 2014 at 9:39pm
Print Post  
And from pure numbers dps wise 2 fvs>2+ paladin in any situation.

Stack that on top of elf damage and you can be netting 2 damage from fvs 2-3 from elf for another 4ish damage per shot, and when you multiply that by 5 *crits* and then 4 *adrenaline* you are netting an extra 80 damage per arrow....which is 320 damage per shot while furyshotting.

Just saying.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #35 - Feb 3rd, 2014 at 10:29pm
Print Post  
I'll try not to be a fuck wit answering this since it seems to be causing you all not to understand most of what I'm saying, which is play tested, extensively, with an eye toward both statistical and real world optimization. Don't forget, number are just numbers. It's like saying with Beethoven's sheet music we can all be brilliant pianists. No, no we can't. You have to play the music.

IPS: using ips does require movement, but not particularly fast movement. Stuff has a tendency to run at you in a line. Turbine did not program "serpentine run" into AI. A I said, vast majority of stuff is dead before it gets to me, or slowed, or pinned, or whistled.

Whistler/Pin: I just started using it a few months ago having ignored it for pin for a long time. If you are not great at timing it or you have a lot of lag, YMMV. I can't live without it, I don't know how anyone does. Could not disagree with you more. Be careful making weird statement about stuff like this (I will try be also) because it is the most subjective of all arguments. Dancing with no save a moving mob(s) for 18 seconds with helpless is borderline OP, if you're good at sticking it. Pin, even without helpless slows mobs, which is what This build craves. You can play without them, I think you're nuts though. Pin whistler sniper shot is (order is flexible) is the EE easy button. Practice them.

Action Boosts: you're lazy, you said so yourself. But with forge buff and 30% damage boost up that's 50% damage. Do you have any conception how much that is? I fear you don't. Having 8 of each instead of 5 is the difference between having it for 5 encounters per shrine and 8. I estimate about 50% of quests to require more than 5 boosts between shrines to have "full time" ie for all fights of more than 3 mobs at once. Monkchers are all about bursting, I will not ever run with less than 8 boosts. Try it yourself  make a point of always running out. If you do, you won't go back. It's 100x better than 3-4 damage from elf. Also, raids. No shrines means you need more boosts. Which brings me to my next point...

Elf and /FvS 2: no, just no. 320 damage furyshotting? Wow. Considering my furyshots average somewhere around 8k, that's about 4%. I'll keep my 50%, 8x/day action boosts thank you.

Your DPS argument against blade forged with pally are uninspiring, and don't hold up to careful investigation.

But more importantly, runs completely counter to my play style. Tht play style being, kill everything as fast as inhumanly possible with every possible damage buff as fast as you can. If you want to hangout and run around and plink away casually, be my guest. You could splash anything on 6 monk and it would be irrelevant, then you can argue ad naseum about who plinks better and runs faster. If that's your thing.

If you want to destroy everything in your path with extreme prejudice and not have to stop to heal or die in the meantime because you're action boosts are ticking (or blitz stacks, or blackdragon buff, or previously stacked archers focus stacks), then you'll understand me a little better.
« Last Edit: Feb 3rd, 2014 at 10:34pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

kierg10
Shroud Slacker

Cuddly wuddly cats

Reply #36 - Feb 3rd, 2014 at 10:35pm
Print Post  
Well I'm sorry for holding an opinion counter to yours.

Consider me admonished.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #37 - Feb 3rd, 2014 at 10:44pm
Print Post  
Disclaimer: I'm writing from a coffee shop in Bangkok on a monthlong work/vacation trip, from an iPad. I'm not currently playing or even have access to a computer that runs ddo. Some of my numbers/stats quotes on abilities, etc. might be slightly off sine it's all from memory (haven't played in about 2 weeks). Typos will be rampant.

If you want to rip me for any of that, go ahead but it's dumb.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #38 - Feb 3rd, 2014 at 10:51pm
Print Post  
kierg10 wrote on Feb 3rd, 2014 at 10:35pm:
Well I'm sorry for holding an opinion counter to yours.

Consider me admonished.

Are you kidding?

First I'm a fuckwit for making proclamations that are claimed to be not backed up or nonsense.

Then I go point by point to try and make myself clear, as respectfully as possible (ok not quite but it was pretty tame) and your response is this asinine bullshit?

An opinion counter to mine is fine. Most peoples are, that's what makes me, me, and you, you.

But if you want to get past opinions, and talk about what happens when you play different builds different ways, then don't get butt hurt when you someone brings up something you don't know or didn't think of.

I've done /2 FvS, Elf, and /2 FvS Elf monkcher builds. I'm not pulling this out of my ass. Those builds re great, they do most everything a BF build like mine does. They just do it slower, with more kiting. I didnt program this game, I just play it.

IP Logged

kierg10
Shroud Slacker

Cuddly wuddly cats

Reply #39 - Feb 3rd, 2014 at 10:51pm
Print Post  
btw 320 is exactly 4% of 8k Tongue nice maths Wink

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #40 - Feb 3rd, 2014 at 11:01pm
Print Post  
Also forgot to mention: weapon attachment for BF gives you .5w for your pinion.

That's as good as elf damage bonus, plus all the other bonuses of being BF.

I'm a little sad BF is so ridiculously OP, but it is what it is. People complained for a LONG time about how weak WF were for the last few years. Well, soak it up while it lasts. I'd take OP BF over OP helfs anyway, and I'm thrilled that reign of terror is over.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #41 - Feb 3rd, 2014 at 11:09pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Feb 3rd, 2014 at 12:24pm:
The pattern continues.

No one was giving you shit personally until you dished it out first.

I appreciate the perspective with builds, but the attitude will eventually lead me to skip your posts.

You dont have to be a fuckwit.

Btw how well is IPS working for younwhen your being surrounded by mobs?  The main reason I always move is cause I find it to be the optimal way to clear rooms.

I addressed mostly in my longer post above but more specifically: I don't literally run into a room and then just stand there. What I meant was, my sacrificed mobility of 5% movement and no abundant step is countered by the fact that if i stop or things catch up to me and whack me a couple times I don't care. I can take it.

In fact, a very important part of my play style is when stuff does get to me to take a swing, I pin it because it's stationary swinging at me.

Quick step back and demolish my new helpless mob friend.

Play style, play style, play style. I can't say it enough. I have the same arguments with guildies who like to build more than play.
« Last Edit: Feb 3rd, 2014 at 11:10pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #42 - Feb 3rd, 2014 at 11:20pm
Print Post  
How about you take a chill pill?

This wall-o-text rant/meltdown isn't doing you any favors...

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #43 - Feb 4th, 2014 at 12:02am
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Feb 3rd, 2014 at 11:11am:

I add humor, as you and many others get way to worked up over forum posts. I say, I am easily the most valuable asset to a forum. Next time you designate a whole paragraph to someone, you might say so.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #44 - Feb 4th, 2014 at 12:03am
Print Post  
kierg10 wrote on Feb 3rd, 2014 at 9:37pm:
Being a Grade A Troll adds something to a conversation. It adds amusement.

I could go all serious and literal then just be another wall of text poster.....

Nah.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #45 - Feb 4th, 2014 at 12:23am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Feb 4th, 2014 at 12:02am:
I add humor, as you and many others get way to worked up over forum posts. I say, I am easily the most valuable asset to a forum. Next time you designate a whole paragraph to someone, you might say so.

Nah, no way you come ahead of the guy hosting the forums.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #46 - Feb 4th, 2014 at 12:28am
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on Feb 3rd, 2014 at 11:20pm:
How about you take a chill pill?

This wall-o-text rant/meltdown isn't doing you any favors...

favors? You mean if i write witty, troll-y one liners you're going to reach out over the internet and fucking blow me?

what fucking favor can you offer me?

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #47 - Feb 4th, 2014 at 12:29am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Feb 4th, 2014 at 12:02am:

I find it obnoxious in build threads. There's about 100 other places to troll for fun or whatever. But, whatever.

I value Munk's opinion only because he clearly is a builder. Not enough to pander or let him push me around or tell me I'm wrong when I'm not, but somewhere deep down I give a small shit.

Most of the other people in this forum just sit the fuck around waiting for handouts on builds and exploits and I treat them like the bottom sucking feeders they are.

Sue me.

Anyway, if anyone actually wants anymore info on BF Monkchers from someone who like, actually has one and plays it at endgame, let me know. I'll be lurking.
« Last Edit: Feb 4th, 2014 at 12:34am by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #48 - Feb 4th, 2014 at 12:46am
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Feb 4th, 2014 at 12:28am:
favors? You mean if i write witty, troll-y one liners you're going to reach out over the internet and fucking blow me?

what fucking favor can you offer me?

Maybe if you weren't so fucking obnoxious, people wouldn't mind your opinion on the subject.

Since you can't, how about you take a step back and literally FUCK YOURSELF IN THE FACE!

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #49 - Feb 4th, 2014 at 12:56am
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on Feb 4th, 2014 at 12:46am:
Maybe if you weren't so fucking obnoxious, people wouldn't mind your opinion on the subject.

Since you can't, how about you take a step back and literally FUCK YOURSELF IN THE FACE!

ok thanks I'll work on that.

and you should work on rolling up a BF Monkcher and then LITERALLY FUCK YOURSELF IN THE FACE

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Send TopicPrint