Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Deception stacking, a weird bug, random shit (Read 12956 times)
Persiflage
Abbot Raider

Deception stacking, a weird bug, random shit
Apr 25th, 2014 at 5:32am
Print Post  
Okay, so I know that deception weapons and deception body-slot items give multiple chances of proccing, but does the same apply to multiple body-slot items?  Say Backstabber's Gloves and Epic Golden Guile?  I was trying to test it last night, but the game was so damn laggy that I couldn't really establish what the hell was going on.  Plus it seems to reach a point where if you've turned a boss around enough they never turn back...  I'm left being unable to tell whether to slot it twice or not.

Weird bug: minor, but annoying.  Up until recently I have had only one toon with Wizard levels.  That toon was the only one I couldn't double-click on the name of in the loading screen to enter the game; I have to select it and then click "Enter", while all the others worked fine.  My main finally completed his final build as 17/2/1 Druid/Monk/Wiz and...  now I've picked up the Wizard level, I can't double-click to load him in   Angry

Has anyone else experienced this glitch?

Random shit: on the same sort of theme as Improved Deception, if I slot multiple Ruby Eyes of the same type in a single weapon, is it multiple chances of a proc or not?  Again, I was finding it really difficult to tell.  Is there some way to persuade the game to actually spit out a combat log?

Also, WTF is up with the Spinner of Shadows?!  I totally expect a gigantic spider-demon-goddess to come on all aggressive, but last night she was a submissive little bitch; a couple of slaps and she spent the rest of the fight cowering.  But at the same time, she was only taking base damage from my attacks; no augments were triggering, no weapon effects, no Sense Weakness untyped damage...  It was seriously fucked-up, and given that I was only in there to try and test shit, seriously annoying too.

stainer wrote on May 16th, 2013 at 9:26am:
Oh you are good. I will be watching you.

QuantumFX wrote on Jun 5th, 2013 at 11:11am:
You are an evil human being. 

m4lacka wrote on Mar 29th, 2014 at 7:04am:
wow that post hurt a lot more than any of the namecalling i expected. Now I see why ppl consider you evil.

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Re: Deception stacking, a weird bug, random shit
Reply #1 - Apr 25th, 2014 at 10:14am
Print Post  
Persiflage wrote on Apr 25th, 2014 at 5:32am:
Weird bug: minor, but annoying.  Up until recently I have had only one toon with Wizard levels.  That toon was the only one I couldn't double-click on the name of in the loading screen to enter the game; I have to select it and then click "Enter", while all the others worked fine.  My main finally completed his final build as 17/2/1 Druid/Monk/Wiz and...  now I've picked up the Wizard level, I can't double-click to load him in   Angry

Has anyone else experienced this glitch?

Delete, reroll? Cheesy

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

NotKel
Korthos Resident

Reply #2 - Apr 25th, 2014 at 10:28am
Print Post  

I have the same problem with toon that has a wizard splash.

Also, WTF is up with the Spinner of Shadows?!  I totally expect a gigantic spider-demon-goddess to come on all aggressive, but last night she was a submissive little bitch; a couple of slaps and she spent the rest of the fight cowering.  But at the same time, she was only taking base damage from my attacks; no augments were triggering, no weapon effects, no Sense Weakness untyped damage...  It was seriously fucked-up, and given that I was only in there to try and test shit, seriously annoying too.

I've had the end boss Kishnaurac in deal with the Demon just stop attacking and sit there just flailing his arms.  I've heard from other people that the end bosses seem to be bugged.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #3 - Apr 25th, 2014 at 11:20am
Print Post  
Hmm, deception oddities & bosses bugging out in the same post. I wonder... is history repeating?

IP Logged

NotMyRealName
Korthos Resident

Reply #4 - Apr 25th, 2014 at 1:16pm
Print Post  
I checked not horribly long ago (less than 2 updates I'm pretty sure), and with that testing (hundreds of whacks on the ship dummy), I found:

With non-weapon Gear, Deception and Improved Deception do stack.

And Weapons will stack with all non-weapon gear.

Non-weapons give deception to both hands of a TWF, but weapons only give it to their own strikes.

So you can get a pretty huge chunk of deception.  That said, I've found less useful for mob spinning than you'd hope.  While some mobs do the crazy spinning action and have problems hitting you back, most don't seem to do that.  They get the light black aura, sneaks are now possible on them, but that's it.

I'm not quite sure what the rules are, but giant types and caster types seem to be the spinniest.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #5 - Apr 25th, 2014 at 1:26pm
Print Post  
NotMyRealName wrote on Apr 25th, 2014 at 1:16pm:
I checked not horribly long ago (less than 2 updates I'm pretty sure), and with that testing (hundreds of whacks on the ship dummy), I found:

With non-weapon Gear, Deception and Improved Deception do stack.

And Weapons will stack with all non-weapon gear.

Non-weapons give deception to both hands of a TWF, but weapons only give it to their own strikes.

So you can get a pretty huge chunk of deception.  That said, I've found less useful for mob spinning than you'd hope.  While some mobs do the crazy spinning action and have problems hitting you back, most don't seem to do that.  They get the light black aura, sneaks are now possible on them, but that's it.

I'm not quite sure what the rules are, but giant types and caster types seem to be the spinniest.

Very interesting. How did you test? Just # Hits/Times Procced to estimate %?

If I have non-weapon Imp Decep and Decep, you're saying a Weapon based deception will stack?

In my experience BTW deception/Imp Deception on Off hand applies to thrown items, so I'm wondering if that too would stack?

IP Logged

Gringo
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Apr 25th, 2014 at 1:28pm
Print Post  
idk if its still working, but when i run echains of flame, then archers hit by deception forgot they have bows:) they waved to me from up there

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #7 - Apr 25th, 2014 at 1:41pm
Print Post  
The Spinner does that if someone throws one of the light grenades at her that you get from the Silver Flame.

The cowering thing, that is.
« Last Edit: Apr 25th, 2014 at 1:41pm by rest »  

IP Logged

Persiflage
Abbot Raider

Reply #8 - Apr 25th, 2014 at 1:44pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Apr 25th, 2014 at 1:26pm:
If I have non-weapon Imp Decep and Decep, you're saying a Weapon based deception will stack?

Yes, they definitely stack, at least for the Blindness proc.  What I'm now trying to figure out is whether they "stack" if you have multiple body-slot Deceptions.  And of course whether you can get multiple chances of ruby-eye procs if you have more than one in a single weapon.  Cheesy

wow that post hurt a lot more than any of the namecalling i expected. Now I see why ppl consider you evil.

IP Logged

Persiflage
Abbot Raider

Reply #9 - Apr 25th, 2014 at 1:46pm
Print Post  
NotKel wrote on Apr 25th, 2014 at 10:28am:
I have the same problem with toon that has a wizard splash.

Not just me then.  Good to know  Smiley

NotKel wrote on Apr 25th, 2014 at 10:28am:
I've had the end boss Kishnaurac in deal with the Demon just stop attacking and sit there just flailing his arms.  I've heard from other people that the end bosses seem to be bugged.

I've actually had the same thing happen with him on my Monk.  The Spider Queen though... she was aaaaaall kindsa fucked-up.  The no-weapon-effects-no-Sense-Weakness thing was *weird*.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Apr 25th, 2014 at 1:57pm
Print Post  

In my experience BTW deception/Imp Deception on Off hand applies to thrown items, so I'm wondering if that too would stack?

Item deception procs seperately with weapon deception. Same is true for Imp deception, and all 4 can be used.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #11 - Apr 25th, 2014 at 1:58pm
Print Post  
My pure wizard can enter the worlds via double click.

IP Logged

Persiflage
Abbot Raider

Reply #12 - Apr 25th, 2014 at 2:39pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Apr 25th, 2014 at 1:57pm:
tem deception procs seperately with weapon deception. Same is true for Imp deception, and all 4 can be used.

Do you know if multiple items will proc though?

rest wrote on Apr 25th, 2014 at 1:58pm:
My pure wizard can enter the worlds via double click.

Hmmm.  Mine could when he was pure, on his first life.  Now he's splashed... not.

IP Logged

TractorsareEpic
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Apr 25th, 2014 at 2:43pm
Print Post  
Yeah, recently I had a 32 pt Horc 13 rogue 6 monk 1 druid build that HAD to double click to enter the worlds.

Only toon like that, all of my other toons did not have that problem.

Now though I just TRed him, I will pay attention tonight & see if that is the case anymore.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Apr 25th, 2014 at 2:46pm
Print Post  
Persiflage wrote on Apr 25th, 2014 at 2:39pm:
Do you know if multiple items will proc though?

You mean like Deceit, Guile, and Backstabber? Not sure, would think it shows up on combat log VS ship dummy. Probably easiest to use 1hf, or 2hf build no doublestrikes or glancing blows.
« Last Edit: Apr 25th, 2014 at 2:47pm by Rubbinns »  

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #15 - Apr 25th, 2014 at 2:47pm
Print Post  
Persiflage wrote on Apr 25th, 2014 at 1:44pm:
Yes, they definitely stack, at least for the Blindness proc.  What I'm now trying to figure out is whether they "stack" if you have multiple body-slot Deceptions.  And of course whether you can get multiple chances of ruby-eye procs if you have more than one in a single weapon.  Cheesy

very interesting.

And by blindness I assume you mean the susceptibility to sneak attacks?

Also, does that override fortification? If a mob has 100% Fort, and I have 95% Fort debuff, does that mean it takes SA damage 95% of the time? Or 95% of the SA damage I would do? And if the above scenario is true, but I hit it with vulnerability to SA from Deception proccing, does it's fortification become irreverent? I've always been a little confused about the mechanics between Sneak Attack Immunity, Fortification, Armor Piercing, and Deception/Improved Deception.
« Last Edit: Apr 25th, 2014 at 2:49pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

ThatLukeGuy
Waterworks Kobold

Happy little trees

Reply #16 - Apr 25th, 2014 at 3:42pm
Print Post  
Any word on if like-augment procs stack on the same weapon?

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Apr 25th, 2014 at 4:15pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Apr 25th, 2014 at 2:47pm:
very interesting.

And by blindness I assume you mean the susceptibility to sneak attacks?

Also, does that override fortification? If a mob has 100% Fort, and I have 95% Fort debuff, does that mean it takes SA damage 95% of the time? Or 95% of the SA damage I would do? And if the above scenario is true, but I hit it with vulnerability to SA from Deception proccing, does it's fortification become irreverent? I've always been a little confused about the mechanics between Sneak Attack Immunity, Fortification, Armor Piercing, and Deception/Improved Deception.

Yes. 

If you have 95% fortification bypass against a 100% fortification enemy, then you'll get full sneak attack 95% of the time and no sneak attack 5% of the time.

Blindness/deception/etc. that make an enemy vulnerable to SA only flags them as "Sneak attack available" - you still have sneak attack being negated by fortification.  The blindness/deception/etc making sneak attack available only lets you get your SA damage when you have aggro.  Having aggro generally makes you not get your SA damage, but blindness/deception/etc let you get that bonus damage anyway.

IP Logged

crazytiger
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - Apr 25th, 2014 at 4:42pm
Print Post  
I got arthritis from this bug

IP Logged

NotMyRealName
Korthos Resident

Reply #19 - Apr 25th, 2014 at 4:48pm
Print Post  

I simply would whack the training dummy, 1 hit at a time (so I know if if I got an offhand hit), and count the number of times I saw the dummy go black.  Low tech, but fairly accurate with patience.

I could be wrong about exactly how weapon versions work, as determine which hand caused the black glow wasn't really doable.  Math seemed to indicate one decep weapon wasn't applying to both hands, but that could have been a sample size issue.  (I spent the least time worrying about that.  I was mainly worrying if it stacked in general.)

I should probably dig up my raw numbers... I imagine I still have them somewhere.....

never tested thrown (or ranged, or THF), so no idea on that one.

IP Logged

jaggedmonk
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Apr 25th, 2014 at 9:20pm
Print Post  
My 18wiz/2rog double clicks into game fine. 
Rarely none of my toons will log in unless I hit enter.  Usually happens on my sons account, and very rare on mine.

Spinner spends most her time only taking base wpn dmg far as I've seen this year or longer. 
Perhaps theres always a pug tossing the bombs on her, I just thought it was normal.

IP Logged

Dark_Helmet
Wielder of the Schwartz

I hate you!

Reply #21 - Apr 26th, 2014 at 2:17am
Print Post  
Only time I can't double click is when I used a wood for reincarnation.

IP Logged

Persiflage
Abbot Raider

Reply #22 - May 16th, 2014 at 2:04pm
Print Post  
Just because I happened to remember about this...  After ER'ing a second time, I can once again double-click the character into the world.  Does this count as the most trivial bug in DDO?

If so, I should report it as I'm sure they'll get right on that   Grin

IP Logged

ThE PhAnTOM GoD
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #23 - May 16th, 2014 at 2:31pm
Print Post  

If the Spinner is hit with adrenaline it will cause her to bug allowing all crits but no extra weapon procs

IP Logged

Dickbutt
Titan Demolisher

Richard Butkus

Reply #24 - May 16th, 2014 at 3:56pm
Print Post  
ThE PhAnTOM GoD wrote on May 16th, 2014 at 2:31pm:
If the Spinner is hit with adrenaline it will cause her to bug allowing all crits but no extra weapon procs

The part of adrenaline that removes the buff is a weapon proc. The spinner typically doesn't take weapon procs. This isalso the reason it won't be removed on a grazing hit. This also happens with a red named during red alert.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint