Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) The Trees Shall Rise Again (Read 234481 times)
ElGuapo
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Re: The Trees Shall Rise Again
Reply #600 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 11:52pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jan 10th, 2018 at 10:34pm:
You're correct. I was mistaken why 12th ES core is used. It's for syncing the spirit cooldown timer with the aura at 3 per second each. death aura is 2 seconds. So, take death aura and the first tick on a mob, then 2 seconds later aura ticks again but spirit is still on cooldown. meaning the aura wont trigger a spirit tick until the 4th second when death aura gets its next tick. versus the ES aura getting the spirit on the 3rd second. Even though death aura is 2 seconds per tick the cooldown on spirit makes it slower than the 3 second perfect sync with ES aura.

This is true.  My maths are stupid at midnight halfway through a 12 hour shift.  However, I believe that lesser death aura is proving every 3 seconds.  I seem to get spirit wverytime it goes off, without “missed” spirit on ticks.

That’s one of the reasons I went to wizard vs cleric originally.  Radiant servant aura is definitely every 2 seconds.

Over 12 seconds a cleric gets 10 spirit from aura, and warlocks perfect 3second ticks generate 14 (counting the 2 you get on initial cast). 

Again, at work atm, but that’s a super easy one to test when I get home in the morning.  Pop zombie form and aura and count Smiley
« Last Edit: Jan 11th, 2018 at 12:03am by ElGuapo »  

IP Logged

ElGuapo
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #601 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 12:06am
Print Post  
On ddo wiki it confirms that death aura and lesser death aura only proc every 3 seconds.

IP Logged

ElGuapo
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #602 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 12:35am
Print Post  
Ulysses wrote on Jan 10th, 2018 at 10:14pm:
Word on the street is that double strike caps at 100 and does not have any benefit if you go over 100.

Double shot does roll over and give extra shots but not double strike.

That blows.  Unsurprising, but shitty.  So unless you do get the extra chance hits over 100% doublestrike, just aim for 100-105 doublestrike on the build, and then focus on other crap

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #603 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 12:59am
Print Post  
ElGuapo wrote on Jan 11th, 2018 at 12:06am:
On ddo wiki it confirms that death aura and lesser death aura only proc every 3 seconds. 

can confirm. still have a zombie shiradi from the time before reaper. death and lesser death both work 3 seconds per tick. syncs perfectly with spirit cooldown then. looks like 12 lock isnt needed until they fix death auras. does death aura give spirit vs undead mobs?

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

ElGuapo
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #604 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 1:32am
Print Post  
No.  That’s the only real drawback I’ve found with this build.  Spirit management in questswith undead is much trickier.  However most quests epic lvl aren’t completely undead only.   So you have lots of fleshy mobs to tick off of. 

But definitively trickier to maintain in those situations cause your aura is useless. 

But only giving up 3 lvls and 6AP for a wizard tree, vs 12 lvls and 30+ AP (and lose T5 enhancements) for lock, or 5lvls and again 32ap and lost T5 for cleric...  wizard is well ahead of anything else to get an aura with imho.

And add on the extra EK cleave for 1ap, uses tree damage, not weapon, and doesn’t share cooldowns with other cleaves.  Well worth it.  Extra doublestrike in EK tree as well with minimal AP outlay.   

Only needing 3 lvls frees up options like 12 fighter 5 monk 3 wiz Kensai T5 with power surge...  11 ranger 6 monk with free gtwf and Killer in deepwood, vistani melee power and doublestrike...

Lots of things you can’t get with losing 5 or 12 lvls and all those AP to cleric and lock

IP Logged

ElGuapo
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #605 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 1:34am
Print Post  
Just wish Kensei T5 and 3rdcore crit threat range worked with unarmed damage.  Still doesn’t seem to stack right on hand wraps or tree form.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #606 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 3:14am
Print Post  
ElGuapo wrote on Jan 11th, 2018 at 1:32am:
No.  That’s the only real drawback I’ve found with this build.  Spirit management in questswith undead is much trickier.  However most quests epic lvl aren’t completely undead only.   So you have lots of fleshy mobs to tick off of. 

But definitively trickier to maintain in those situations cause your aura is useless. 

But only giving up 3 lvls and 6AP for a wizard tree, vs 12 lvls and 30+ AP (and lose T5 enhancements) for lock, or 5lvls and again 32ap and lost T5 for cleric...  wizard is well ahead of anything else to get an aura with imho.

And add on the extra EK cleave for 1ap, uses tree damage, not weapon, and doesn’t share cooldowns with other cleaves.  Well worth it.  Extra doublestrike in EK tree as well with minimal AP outlay.   

Only needing 3 lvls frees up options like 12 fighter 5 monk 3 wiz Kensai T5 with power surge...  11 ranger 6 monk with free gtwf and Killer in deepwood, vistani melee power and doublestrike...

Lots of things you can’t get with losing 5 or 12 lvls and all those AP to cleric and lock

I don't think any of the dps tier 5's are worth much for trees. shining thru and self cast displace are dope. long quests, or r10s either means having 10 clickies or self cast. i dont have clickies on that alt. so I tr'd into that. havent leveled it yet tho.

tier 5 VKF seems best, imo due to dodge and prr clicky. and it doesnt require a dagger to use the dodge ability. shintao tier 5 is okay too, since getting missed triggers violence begets violence ( works in animal forms). ninja spy isnt that good now when monk builds can be stacking 80~ dstrike, but not useless.  for high skulls i would stay with vkf or shining through.

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #607 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 9:23am
Print Post  
For trees with 12 warlock: What's the preferred patron in the current meta for mid-to-high skulls?  Looking at morphing my shelved THF into a tree tank.

Also: Arcane Warrior or Dire Charge?  Leaning towards the latter since it adds to survivability and dps in many situations.
« Last Edit: Jan 11th, 2018 at 9:29am by Carpone »  

IP Logged

ElGuapo
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #608 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 10:03am
Print Post  
Dire charge ftw.  Better than 20 melee power for sure

IP Logged

Ulysses
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #609 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 12:11pm
Print Post  
The best part of dire charge is it is a usable dash while in the tree form while other things like abundant step are not.

It's biggest value is in it allowing you to quickly reposition yourself in fights instead of slowly lumbering after the 3 archers that are standing around you all spread out while you lose spirit.

IP Logged

ElGuapo
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #610 - Jan 13th, 2018 at 1:10am
Print Post  
Indeed.   And if you con build your tree (which you should) you get 110-120 dcs easy on dire charge.  That aoe stun and helpless damage is priceless
« Last Edit: Jan 13th, 2018 at 1:11am by ElGuapo »  

IP Logged

ElGuapo
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #611 - Jan 13th, 2018 at 9:27am
Print Post  
Think those new monk wraps would be good on a tree?  Vs vistani stuff

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #612 - Jan 13th, 2018 at 11:17am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jan 10th, 2018 at 10:34pm:
You're correct. I was mistaken why 12th ES core is used. It's for syncing the spirit cooldown timer with the aura at 3 per second each. death aura is 2 seconds. So, take death aura and the first tick on a mob, then 2 seconds later aura ticks again but spirit is still on cooldown. meaning the aura wont trigger a spirit tick until the 4th second when death aura gets its next tick. versus the ES aura getting the spirit on the 3rd second. Even though death aura is 2 seconds per tick the cooldown on spirit makes it slower than the 3 second perfect sync with ES aura.

That is bit incorrect, the wlock aura has a internal cd where when its listed 2 sec its actually 2.0 something where it desyncs with your tree spirit sustain.
I tried multiple wlock builds on lama back in the day as i assumed warlock was the best option due to passive spirit sustain.
After researching all the videos posted from some tree players and after testing myself (it was a large ammunt of builds) i always encountered the timing being off on a warlock tree with both lv 6 and 12 cores.
Death aura should techically skip a cyclce but you can manipulate it so that the skip is 1 aura tick while even when you manipulate the tick from  warlock you get 4 - 5 skips in prolonged fights (due to incorrect timing of the aura ticks).

Now im not sure if it was because of server instability or false coding, but ask any player that actually pays attention to record and then replay aura ticks that it is off by a marging which is messing up tree sustain.

Shining trough is great tho, is main reason why i always felt bad for not managing to make a warlock tree pull out the same ammount of efectivness as a wiz split.
Cleric would still be best because the timing for aura ticks is correct, but that tier 5  /:

That is why i said you cant take anything for granted with tree builds, they really require extensive testing and knowledge of how things work at that specific moment ingame.

About the 8 hits for ww, before wraps were coded as weapons ww was bugged to produced a maximum of 8 hits, after the weapon change to hdwraps it was oddly reflected as well into wolf/bear/tree forms to produce a maximum of 4 hits. (no idea if they messed with the code again since it its more then a year since i played ddo).

Either way, if i was to play ddo again i would prolly roll a pure monk with some kind of dex/wisdom/int approach for cc or whatnot
« Last Edit: Jan 13th, 2018 at 11:24am by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #613 - Jan 13th, 2018 at 12:12pm
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Jan 13th, 2018 at 11:17am:
bout the 8 hits for ww, before wraps were coded as weapons ww was bugged to produced a maximum of 8 hits, after the weapon change to hdwraps it was oddly reflected as well into wolf/bear/tree forms to produce a maximum of 4 hits.

WW was always capped at 4~ hits for wolves and trees. Even back when I played glitched wraps builds and when I played cleric tree from the post date of this thread. Human from allowed up to 8 and was the best aoe attack of all time when stacked infinite shuri procs on the wraps. I stacked so many shuris that a guild barred me from their raids whenever I was on a wolf because I would lag them to a crawl. That was the shit.

That is bit incorrect, the wlock aura has a internal cd where when its listed 2 sec its actually 2.0 something where it desyncs with your tree spirit sustain

Easy to test for anyone with a warlock of 12+ levels. I have an 18 lock and can test today by not taking anything past 12th lv core. I have personally seen, for the last few months on my server, a 12 lock tree build, in 10 skulls, dodge tanking and out lasting other tree splits in tree form. The wiz splash wouldn't be able to do the same in Ravenloft's undead heavy content.

IP Logged

Teth
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #614 - Jan 13th, 2018 at 12:14pm
Print Post  
That is bit incorrect, the wlock aura has a internal cd where when its listed 2 sec its actually 2.0 something where it desyncs with your tree spirit sustain.
I tried multiple wlock builds on lama back in the day as i assumed warlock was the best option due to passive spirit sustain.
After researching all the videos posted from some tree players and after testing myself (it was a large ammunt of builds) i always encountered the timing being off on a warlock tree with both lv 6 and 12 cores.
Death aura should techically skip a cyclce but you can manipulate it so that the skip is 1 aura tick while even when you manipulate the tick from  warlock you get 4 - 5 skips in prolonged fights (due to incorrect timing of the aura ticks).

Now im not sure if it was because of server instability or false coding, but ask any player that actually pays attention to record and then replay aura ticks that it is off by a marging which is messing up tree sustain.

Shining trough is great tho, is main reason why i always felt bad for not managing to make a warlock tree pull out the same ammount of efectivness as a wiz split.
Cleric would still be best because the timing for aura ticks is correct, but that tier 5  /:

That is why i said you cant take anything for granted with tree builds, they really require extensive testing and knowledge of how things work at that specific moment ingame.

About the 8 hits for ww, before wraps were coded as weapons ww was bugged to produced a maximum of 8 hits, after the weapon change to hdwraps it was oddly reflected as well into wolf/bear/tree forms to produce a maximum of 4 hits. (no idea if they messed with the code again since it its more then a year since i played ddo).

Either way, if i was to play ddo again i would prolly roll a pure monk with some kind of dex/wisdom/int approach for cc or whatnot

Correct. Although whirlwind can occasionally strike 5 times with high enough doublestrike. In terms of damage its why the barb split with supreme cleave is higher in damage now.  Also the new great crossbow (2d8+3 14-20x3 vs 1d20 19-20x2).

Ofcourse a monk/ranger tree can come close to damage when using 10k stars/manyshot with the visanti enhancement.  However, its damage is still behind (especially when you consider the sentient boost set).

Trees are all about preference and playstyle, so there is no best all around.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #615 - Jan 13th, 2018 at 5:57pm
Print Post  
Just tested 12th core ES, in Primal Avatar. Seems to be 3 seconds as syncs with spirit. Using curse potion as a countdown timer on Feigned Health. If there is someone willing to do, or has done a more sophisticated test to see if aura and spirit are calibrated down to the millisecond, am all ears.  I swapped to my zombie in Primal, to see if death aura would match spirit by counting down Feather Fall timer.  Same rate as 12th ES core and Primal. At least from what I observed just now.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #616 - Jan 13th, 2018 at 11:15pm
Print Post  
Teth wrote on Jan 13th, 2018 at 12:14pm:
Correct. Although whirlwind can occasionally strike 5 times with high enough doublestrike. In terms of damage its why the barb split with supreme cleave is higher in damage now.  Also the new great crossbow (2d8+3 14-20x3 vs 1d20 19-20x2).

Ofcourse a monk/ranger tree can come close to damage when using 10k stars/manyshot with the visanti enhancement.  However, its damage is still behind (especially when you consider the sentient boost set).

Trees are all about preference and playstyle, so there is no best all around.

Vistani enhancement for 10k? I know the morale doubleshot works if you macro the swap, but I couldn't get the 100% doubleshot active to work at all, which enhancement are you talking about?

NM you must be talking about melee power to ranged attacks
« Last Edit: Jan 13th, 2018 at 11:15pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

Teth
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #617 - Jan 13th, 2018 at 11:41pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Jan 13th, 2018 at 11:15pm:
Vistani enhancement for 10k? I know the morale doubleshot works if you macro the swap, but I couldn't get the 100% doubleshot active to work at all, which enhancement are you talking about?

NM you must be talking about melee power to ranged attacks

Yea as long as you pop 10k or manyshot before tree form you keep the ranged power, so it’s a nice synergy with tree base damage.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #618 - Jan 14th, 2018 at 3:30am
Print Post  
Teth wrote on Jan 13th, 2018 at 11:41pm:
Yea as long as you pop 10k or manyshot before tree form you keep the ranged power, so it’s a nice synergy with tree base damage.

tree's are so weird I did not know that

IP Logged

Sergod
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #619 - Jan 14th, 2018 at 12:26pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Jan 14th, 2018 at 3:30am:
tree's are so weird I did not know that

SHOCKING

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #620 - Jan 15th, 2018 at 10:20am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jan 13th, 2018 at 5:57pm:
Just tested 12th core ES, in Primal Avatar. Seems to be 3 seconds as syncs with spirit. Using curse potion as a countdown timer on Feigned Health. If there is someone willing to do, or has done a more sophisticated test to see if aura and spirit are calibrated down to the millisecond, am all ears.  I swapped to my zombie in Primal, to see if death aura would match spirit by counting down Feather Fall timer.  Same rate as 12th ES core and Primal. At least from what I observed just now.

Interesting.
That would make wlock builds viable.
When i played around with them the timing was off no matter how i tried to sync and when i recorded it and went step by step with tests it was off by a fewl miliseconds which messed up with spirit ticks.
I will blame server instability since the tests were done when they swaped servers

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #621 - Jan 15th, 2018 at 10:23am
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Jan 15th, 2018 at 10:20am:
will blame server instability since the tests were done when they swaped servers

that could be it. allso i didnt bother recording and instead just used buff bar as a clock.

IP Logged

Trollero
Waterworks Kobold

Got IDD?

Reply #622 - Jan 15th, 2018 at 11:48am
Print Post  
Looks at this thread.
Looks at 3rd Arty tree on PC forums.
??
Profit

I don't know enough about trees to work on a new build.  Have to wait and do that yourself.

IP Logged

SpaceGoat
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #623 - Jan 15th, 2018 at 2:14pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

crunch
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #624 - Jan 16th, 2018 at 2:56am
Print Post  
SpaceGoat wrote on Jan 15th, 2018 at 2:14pm:

I'd like to subscribe to your mailing list!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 
Send TopicPrint