Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) The Trees Shall Rise Again (Read 233867 times)
ElGuapo
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Re: The Trees Shall Rise Again
Reply #575 - Jan 8th, 2018 at 9:33pm
Print Post  
SpaceGoat wrote on Jan 5th, 2018 at 3:31pm:
Looking forward to it. Definitely a lot of updated possibilities.

11 ranger 6 monk 3 wizard asimar scourge.
Visanti based tree

So far I’m at lvl 23 with a 5 piece prowess on a sentient agony, and the lvl 10 barovian dagger offhand.  Lol

This build is very very tight. 

I’m getting over 110% doublestrike at lvl 22 with my reaper action boost running.  Standing 75% doublestrike without visanti coins and reaper actionboost. 

It’s a trash eater for sure, and if you know the spirit mechanics you can maintain tree form indefinitely with this build.

Ac will be 200 ish endgame, prr 260 ish in tree form, doublestrike fully buffed will be in the 130 range at lvl 30 geared up. 

My whirlwind attacks when I’m over 100% doublestrike have the chance to proc 8-12 hits.  It’s ridiculous. 

Running in wind stance I give up a crit mod on19-20 rolls, but I find the extra 9% doublestrike worth it. 

I don’t know if it will stack with legendary pendant of the warriors focus.  Will check once I get to 28.  If not sun stance for the extra x1 crit mod.

Been soloing r2 no problem so far.  Eveningstar 1,2,3 the well, spies in house etc.  No deaths.  No issues with spirit regen.  Visanti stacks nicely with tree.

Extra cleave from EK gives you another fast attack

Cleave, great cleave, whirlwind attack, ek cleave, trip, sunder, stunning blow and (at 30) dire charge.  All fast attacks.  Never have a time when I’m on cool down and have to use something slow.

However the slow visanti attack for the extra 10 seconds of 10% doublestrike might be worthwhile once in a while, even though you would sacrifice a fast attack or 2 with the slow animation.

However with the visanti extra melee alacrity with daggers, and visanti haste boost running, tree actually attacks not too ridiculously slow, even with full animation actions.

All told it’s a very nice looking build so far.  Once I get it to 30 and see how it does in legendary reaper shit I might take points out of Deepwood (lose killer doublestrike bonus) and put it into ninja spy/Shintao for more surviveability.   We’ll see how it goes.

And for whoever asked about kobold beat down numbers on a tree build, you can’t do it.

Kobold area on lamania is a “auto shrine” zone, and it removes your spirit pool every 15 seconds or so, taking you out of tree form and making it impossible to keep up spirit during a kobold whooping.  Tree will never be able to get good kobold numbers. 

However doing DPS testing in Cabal for One on the first rednamed mob, and that 300k hp giant in storm horns Trackers Trap, my old tree build was getting 15k DPS no problem.  Sustained.  And that’s AOE damage. In top tree form DPS is 50k+, but you can only keep that going for 4 or 5 melee rotations before you have to jump out of tree.  Burst DPS gets ridiculous with crits though

With the addition of reaper doublestrike bonuses, reaper melee power, prowess sentient items (adds 75 melee power for 10 secs during action boosts, as well as a flat 20 melee power from the filigrees) and visanti doublestrike/melee power...  add on racial past lives and asimar scourge doublestrike, asimar lay on hands (useable in tree form) I think I’ll get far better numbers with this build at cap than I did 10 months ago with my old tree. 

Situationally I should be up over 300 melee power and 100 doublestrike with this new build.  And standing I’ll be at least 30% doublestrike and 50 ish melee power higher than my old tree build. 

Visanti vs Kensai (old build) looks to be the way to go. 

However, if they fix kensai so that it actually adds the crit mods to unarmed attacks like it says it should (Druidic weapons or monk weapons I believe) then kensai would be better. (Possible +1 crit mod and +1 threat range addition iirc, but it’s never actually applied to unarmed attacks in general, let alone tree builds)

In that case it would be 12 fighter 5 monk 3 wizard kensai/vistani build. (Kensai t5+4th core, vistani all cores)

Just need a TOEE dagger to upgrade for that set bonus offhand for the additional 20 melee power there too. 

I’ll let you know how it runs
« Last Edit: Jan 9th, 2018 at 2:05am by ElGuapo »  

IP Logged

ElGuapo
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #576 - Jan 8th, 2018 at 10:58pm
Print Post  
All of those numbers are with years old gear as well. 

If I was able to spend the time to farm the new equipment, and pretty much copy Symbiiont’s gearset for his monk build, these numbers would be that much better. 

That’s a stupidly good build there

My build would have minimum 30% more doublestrike and an extra 20-40 melee power with his gear loadout.
« Last Edit: Jan 9th, 2018 at 12:05am by ElGuapo »  

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #577 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 2:54am
Print Post  
If i get time to get back to the game after job relocation and after i pay funeral services, il try to rebuild a tree again with all the changes.
Sadly building a tree build revolves mostly about ingame time and finding out all the current bugs with gear and attacks.
Example i generally picked palading splits due to cleaves exalted cleaves and cleave twist which all broke the animation.
Sustain of tree aura was when i played from all tests i did with 3 wiz split which allowed for alot of room for other class splits to offer most benefit.
Id like to see (at least on lama) what the current max efficiency is that a treebuild nowadays can do.
Only thing i payed attention about ddo is the absurd base damage the new wraps give which also puts a slight doubt if tree is far ahead as it was before.
(but with all the stacking bonuses to melee power etc, id says it still is as long as its in a player that is capable to play it).
From all the builds i played treebuild was definitely the most hard one to play due to all the micromanagment you had to do and timings you had to pay attention to. (worst was knowing your limits and when to engage and how much to engage)

IP Logged

ElGuapo
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #578 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 3:37am
Print Post  
definitely true.

Except for the last 9 months (or however long its been) since racial past lives came out, I've exclusively played trees since the first video of a cleric aura tree build showed up here on the forums.

and all my alts that are epic lvls are tree builds atm too, so even with doing the racial grind, Ive still "kept my hand in" the tree side of things.

I dont find managing spirit difficult at all now with about 3 years of experience.

Wizard is best imho because of the AP and level split is minimal.  cleric tree needs 5 lvls and 32 points minimum, warlock doesnt do well without at least 6 lvls and 16 points spent...  whereas wizard can work just fine with 6AP and 3 lvls.  freeing up all your T5 and top core options for other toys.

but like I said, so far Ive been running umpteen variations of tree builds since late 2014, and Asimar Scourge, and the new gear has only made them better.

And havnt had any difficulty in reapers so far.  can solo R4 consistantly in legendary content (did a legendary meridia R4 not that long ago).  and even in much higher reaper difficulties, you still have a great spot in a party if you can make sure you dont get pwnd by a crap ton of mobs.

get used to the fact that your a melee and if your running r8 or higher you are going to die.  period.  its like the old days of ddo Smiley

Doing r10 tempest runs its still viable.

Im very much looking forward to getting this one to cap and seeing what the new stuff gets me.

if my maths arent completely idiotic, I should be getting around 6k per swing with 30k+ crits at cap.  hopefully thats the case and I didnt carry a 1 somewhere I shouldnt have Smiley

IP Logged

bob the builder
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #579 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 10:59am
Print Post  
I'm playing the Cleric version of the tree still.   Just a really big easy button on the spirit maintaining.

But I've switched to Aasimar (with 11 free AP for racial completionist), I easily get the 7 Aasimar Lay on Hands and with 150 Healing Amp, I get 300 to 600 hit points for each one and they can be activated in Tree form.

and I'm doing the Visanti enhancements as well.

Been running through R1 solo starting at level 20 (using crappy gear... the commendation e-star gear.  random loot daggers... except at 22 where I switched to thunderforged daggers).

Only time I got close to dying or died was when I jumped into a ton of mobs that had 5 champs and I was still in heroic Elite mode of thinking where I knew I couldn't die... got some massive DOTs stacked on me and wasn't paying attention to healing myself.

You can fire off those Aasimar Lay on Hands quickly.

With crap gear, I've got 150 AC and +100 PRR without even trying.  and 34% dodge.  Adding 20% incorpereality from Monk Ninja Spy, and I'm rarely having to heal anyways.

Whirlwind, cleave, Great cleave, trip, sunder, stunning blow and sap all in rotation...  I'm still on cooldown for 1 or 2 seconds sometimes... need to add in the slow Vistanti "add doublestrike for 10 seconds" attack.

Only time your tree should die is if you just get unlucky with champs.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #580 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 11:45am
Print Post  
... or if the hypnotic weave of branches and leaves lulls you to sleep.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Ulysses
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #581 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 1:49pm
Print Post  
So i'm just at level 20 running something a little different. 

18 monk/1rog/1wiz

What this thing does is hit 100% dodge for decent amounts of time.  I am running Quarterstaff (with 2 wpn fighting feats). 

My standing dodge is 38% in water stance, then you gain 15% dodge while in your cauldron of flame (33 seconds out of every 60 seconds).  Then if you add in your primal travel/tier 5 vistani clickie/twisted meld into darkness you can hit some decent time with 100% or near 100% dodge.

Thus it plays a lot different.  You just pause and wand whip your spirit to max, then sprint through the dungeon till you have a nice pile of mobs. Hit Cauldron of flame and primal travel (against a wall).  Bam you're invincible while you boost and cleave everything down.  Rinse, repeat.

The downside is that the activation management is the hardest i've ever dealt with.  You have to now not only manage your offensive clickies but carefully manage your defensive clickies or you're dead.

Truth be told i haven't even mastered it yet, although I am solo'ing R1 at level 20 pretty well.

Cauldron of flame generates spirit  Cheesy.
« Last Edit: Jan 9th, 2018 at 1:49pm by Ulysses »  

IP Logged

bob the builder
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #582 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 4:38pm
Print Post  
Ulysses wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 1:49pm:

18 monk/1rog/1wiz

What this thing does is hit 100% dodge for decent amounts of time.  I am running Quarterstaff (with 2 wpn fighting feats). 

My standing dodge is 38% in water stance, then you gain 15% dodge while in your cauldron of flame (33 seconds out of every 60 seconds).  Then if you add in your primal travel/tier 5 vistani clickie/twisted meld into darkness you can hit some decent time with 100% or near 100% dodge.

Thus it plays a lot different.  You just pause and wand whip your spirit to max, then sprint through the dungeon till you have a nice pile of mobs. Hit Cauldron of flame and primal travel (against a wall).  Bam you're invincible while you boost and cleave everything down.  Rinse, repeat.

The downside is that the activation management is the hardest i've ever dealt with.  You have to now not only manage your offensive clickies but carefully manage your defensive clickies or you're dead.

Truth be told i haven't even mastered it yet, although I am solo'ing R1 at level 20 pretty well.

That's a unique way to use the tree... you probably aren't popular in groups, though Smiley

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #583 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 6:39pm
Print Post  
[td] [/td]Ulysses wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 1:49pm:

18 monk/1rog/1wiz

young blood, welcome.

This is awesome, but have you been able to find mobs with dodge bypass?

IP Logged

JK_Seren
Korthos Resident

Suck my enchilada.

Reply #584 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 9:48pm
Print Post  
ElGuapo wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 3:37am:
Wizard is best imho because of the AP and level split is minimal.  cleric tree needs 5 lvls and 32 points minimum, warlock doesnt do well without at least 6 lvls and 16 points spent...  whereas wizard can work just fine with 6AP and 3 lvls.  freeing up all your T5 and top core options for other toys.

Do you get in and out of zombie for tree? Or do you stay in zombie all the time and just heal with LoH? Does that also mean you don't twist in sacred ground for heals? Does your SP pool hold up?

Also, do all the extra crits and stuff apply when in tree form? It used to be that tree reverted you back to it's own crit profile and base damage of the equipped weapon iirc.

I ran a few tree builds way back, but never used the wiz variant, so thanks for the help!

IP Logged

ElGuapo
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #585 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 9:55pm
Print Post  
Only barb/Pally trees revert you to weapon damage dice.  All monk versions stay with the upgraded tree unarmedfighting.

So pool holds up fine, and reaper lost souls make it a moot point.  Eross, mysterious bauble.  Never need SP pots or shrines.

Zombie form only when there’s over 10 seconds till next mobs.  Otherwise just pop an sla for 2 quick spirit and get into another fight.  Wizard aura procs spirit whenever it taps mobs. 

Zombie form is for getting spirit at the beginning of the quest, after shrine, running long distances between mobs etc.  Not needed during normal play.

And zombie form toggles off as soon as you proc tree, so loh works fine in tree form.

Don’t twist sacred ground.  Fotw Sense weakness, ld improved combat expertise, ld damage boost, gmf hail of blows, ld extra action boosts.

Damage profile endgame in tree form is 1d20 19-20 x6 ish.

Tree form adds all the dice.  Top tree form I have about 78(1d20)+80 ish.
« Last Edit: Jan 11th, 2018 at 12:29am by ElGuapo »  

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #586 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 11:25pm
Print Post  
ElGuapo wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 9:55pm:
Only barb/Pally trees revert you to weapon damlage dice.  All monk versions stay with the upgraded treeunatmed fighting.

So pool holds up fine, and reaper lost souls make it a moot point.  Eross, mysterious bauble.  Never need AP pots or shrines.

Zombie form only when there’s over 10 seconds till next mobs.  Otherwise just pop an sla for 2 quick spirit and get into another fight.  Wizard aura procs spirit whenever it taps mobs. 

Zombie form is for getting spirit at the beginning of the quest, after shrine, running long distances between mobs etc.  Not needed during normal play.

And zombie form toggles off as soon as you proc tree, so loh works fine in tree form.

Don’t twist sacred ground.  Fotw Sense weakness, ld improved combat expertise, ld damage boost, gmf hail of blows, ld extra action boosts.

Damage profile endgame in tree form is 1d20 19-20 x6 ish.

Tree form adds all the dice.  Top tree form I have about 78(1d20)+80 ish.

Idk how it works now but i used slas for spirit only, actually let me find my super old tree vid to show how it played out back then

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #587 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 11:30pm
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 11:25pm:
Idk how it works now but i used slas for spirit only, actually let me find my super old tree vid to show how it played out back then

Its back when i farmed slavers with bots for gear, i didnt record after reaper came out as i wanted to wait to collect new gear, but "stuff happened" and i didnt come back to ddo after that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSimQSnzC3A

Hope the mini preview helps with managment spirit sustain etc

IP Logged

ElGuapo
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #588 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 1:30am
Print Post  
You play it similar to how I do, but I find zombie form quite useful for the longer runs between trash.  It’s annoying to keep spamming mage Armor sla every 3 seconds when you can get spirit passivley as zombie. 

But I do a similar technique with alas between fights etc that are close together. 

In that vid (I realize it’s an old one, but it’s slavers so it’s not crazy old, and all the gear on my build is slavers era) you were getting 6-9k crits.  With my level split and all the extra junk my toon is currently getting 12k cries at lvl 24.  Helpless obviously far higher.  Once I get to cap, this build was getting 18-22k Crits.  With all the new gear possibilities I should be getting 35k+ crits when action boosts are running.  And far more hits due to the 100%+ doublestrike. 

Anxious to get it there.  Lol.  Just got lvl 24 yesterday morning, but I’m on a set of 12 hour nights.  Workin 84 hours this week.   Won’t have much DDO time to mess around

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #589 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 1:38am
Print Post  
ElGuapo wrote on Jan 10th, 2018 at 1:30am:
You play it similar to how I do, but I find zombie form quite useful for the longer runs between trash.  It’s annoying to keep spamming mage Armor sla every 3 seconds when you can get spirit passivley as zombie. 

But I do a similar technique with alas between fights etc that are close together. 

In that vid (I realize it’s an old one, but it’s slavers so it’s not crazy old, and all the gear on my build is slavers era) you were getting 6-9k crits.  With my level split and all the extra junk my toon is currently getting 12k cries at lvl 24.  Helpless obviously far higher.  Once I get to cap, this build was getting 18-22k Crits.  With all the new gear possibilities I should be getting 35k+ crits when action boosts are running.  And far more hits due to the 100%+ doublestrike. 

Anxious to get it there.  Lol.  Just got lvl 24 yesterday morning, but I’m on a set of 12 hour nights.  Workin 84 hours this week.   Won’t have much DDO time to mess around

Yea it would be much higher on that split in the current era, reaper didnt come out so there were no reaper aps, my damage jumped up when i got some points since i had more ac boosts and passive ap /+ current gear even in low levels offers way more passive melee power.
I cant say how a treebuild would work right now, but its one of the rare builds that raise exponetionally in power with every crit damage/range/melee power/dstrike item you can gain.
I assume you guys got hella lot of those after release of slavers /sadly i didnt open char screen in that video to showcase dodge /prr/ac and the rest of the stuff, also i was insanely lazy to farm for  leg gsteel, i had alot of plans in the game and the build could evolve considreably, its just that well i got tired from the game + relocated for work and have health issues.
Maybe if i start working in ireland in the upcoming months il come back, but sadly i got hooked to blade and soul r now and spend quite some money in that game-

Techical issues with tree builds were always the same, it takes to much testing after every update to see what changed, what works what doesnt work, what might work etc etc.
It takes id say around 1-2 months of testing before you find the correct combination of skills/feats/class splits/ gear.
Very time consuming builds that require perfect knowledge and insight at the current time, i myself found to many small changes that always entirely changed my builds (sometimes it was 1 piece of gear that incorrectly worked with stacking)
« Last Edit: Jan 10th, 2018 at 1:42am by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

ElGuapo
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #590 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 2:23am
Print Post  
I’ve been the opposite actually. 

Found 4 or 5 tree builds that work with everything, and then just tweak accordingly once you’ve worked the kinks out of new content.  But farming gearsets definitely takes the longest. 

I worked out this vistani build in about 25 mins a few weeks ago when I knew I wanted to do iconic asimar.

But yeah, tweaking does take a while, but (at least with my builds) it’s still totally viable even non-twink to play as you work things out.

« Last Edit: Jan 11th, 2018 at 12:32am by ElGuapo »  

IP Logged

Ulysses
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #591 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 1:06pm
Print Post  
bob the builder wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 4:38pm:
you probably aren't popular in groups, though

Hmmm I don't know.  Maybe they are annoyed I do most of the killing but when a champ can be a total tank it raises the R level by 1 or 2 even if there is no healer in the group.

Regarding champs that have dodge bypass, ya that is something i'm learning.  It lists which champs have dodge bypass in the Wiki but i don't have it all the way memorized yet.  For ones that do you have to just use an extra clickie to get even higher dodge (I think they just avoid a % of dodge and not all of it) and luckily you still have displacement and 100 prr boost!  (50 from tree, 30 from vistani, 20 from Cauldron of Flame)
« Last Edit: Jan 10th, 2018 at 1:47pm by Ulysses »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #592 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 3:20pm
Print Post  
Lama functions like an inn, there is 1 minute before spirit ( and all charges ) resets.

Whirlwind should be capped at 8 hits in human form, less in animal form. Easy to test if taking ninja spy tier 5 for 100 doublestrike, and then test ww on the ship cannon, check combat log for attacks. Human form is not the same as animal form ( tree is coded the same way wolf and bear are ). I found this out years ago when druids were able to glitch handwraps. Tree form allowed for the same handwraps stacking.

Enhancements that raise offhand attack percentages do not function in animal forms. Things like shintao, tempest, and VKF. Only the base twf/I/G feats.

There is a guy on my server with one of the best tree builds for high skulls that I have seen. He uses the dodge rotations to tank, even in r10. The build takes tier 5 in ES and 12th level ES core. This split generates the most spirit of any version, allowing for longest sustained tree form, as long as mobs are around allowing aura to tick. This is much different than death auras, since death has a target cap per caster level. 1-3 targets on a lv 1-3 wiz vs all the mobs in a ES aura radius. He also takes shining through, combined with affirmation proc and LGS hp set, that puts him at around 4k hp.

A pure shintao monk still gets more kills and dps.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Ulysses
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #593 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 7:49pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jan 10th, 2018 at 3:20pm:
This split generates the most spirit of any version, allowing for longest sustained tree form, as long as mobs are around allowing aura to tick. This is much different than death auras, since death has a target cap per caster level. 1-3 targets on a lv 1-3 wiz vs all the mobs in a ES aura radius.

I don't understand how this is relevant.  My understanding is that spirit either "ticks" or doesn't "tick" for 2 gained spirit  if from a spell or 1 from melee attack.  Thus it doesn't matter if you hit 100 mobs, 1 mob or just yourself with a spell you get 2 spirit at most every 3 seconds.

I agree on the hits from WW attack.  I believe the cap is 5 with 4 coming early and then the last one coming after a small pause.   I was wondering what was up with the 8 to 10 hits talk up above.

Finally, I concur that the dodge clickies are very strong now.  Stronger than people even know Smiley.

IP Logged

ElGuapo
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #594 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 8:19pm
Print Post  
I should be able to get online tomorrow.  I double check hits.  However I believe that the last time I tested I was getting the solid 4 hits from the initial attack, and more than one on the second attack.   

I’ll test and see if I’m just being dumb

IP Logged

ElGuapo
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #595 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 8:22pm
Print Post  
And yes, spirit generation is the exact same vs 1 mob (3 per 3 seconds) as it is versus a pile of mobs (still 3 every 3 seconds) however you have a higher chance of getting the spell portion to proc that extra 2 spirit if there’s more mobs around if you kill all mobs in 5 seconds, you only get 3 spirit.  If there’s more trash around for the 6th second, then you get your extra 3 spirit off that one.   Takes careful management. 

And rubbins, totally agree Shintao is now king shit.  I just love my trees Smiley

IP Logged

ElGuapo
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #596 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 8:37pm
Print Post  
The first attack in whirlwind should give me 4-6 hits if I have over 100% doublestrike...   chance of that 3rd swing each hand

IP Logged

Ulysses
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #597 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 10:14pm
Print Post  
Word on the street is that double strike caps at 100 and does not have any benefit if you go over 100.

Double shot does roll over and give extra shots but not double strike.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #598 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 10:34pm
Print Post  
Ulysses wrote on Jan 10th, 2018 at 7:49pm:
spirit either "ticks" or doesn't "tick" for 2 gained spirit  if from a spell or 1 from melee attack.  Thus it doesn't matter if you hit 100 mobs, 1 mob or just yourself with a spell you get 2 spirit at most every 3 seconds.

You're correct. I was mistaken why 12th ES core is used. It's for syncing the spirit cooldown timer with the aura at 3 per second each. death aura is 2 seconds. So, take death aura and the first tick on a mob, then 2 seconds later aura ticks again but spirit is still on cooldown. meaning the aura wont trigger a spirit tick until the 4th second when death aura gets its next tick. versus the ES aura getting the spirit on the 3rd second. Even though death aura is 2 seconds per tick the cooldown on spirit makes it slower than the 3 second perfect sync with ES aura.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

ElGuapo
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #599 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 11:49pm
Print Post  
That’s why I use lesser death aura.  By design or not, it ticks every 3 seconds on my build

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 
Send TopicPrint