Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Next year's players council? (Read 64159 times)
Barkabout
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Re: Next year's players council?
Reply #100 - Dec 30th, 2014 at 7:07pm
Print Post  
notajedi wrote on Dec 30th, 2014 at 12:18pm:
I will declare the Player Council to be a permanently retired feature of DDO.

IP Logged

GimpyPaw
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #101 - Dec 30th, 2014 at 8:01pm
Print Post  
Players Council, what a joke that has been.  Spend more time posting on the motherboards and kissing developers ass than you do playing the game and "Hey! You should be on a board to represent people who play the game way more than you do."

How the player council meeting minutes should read:

Devs: OK, we have this new idea for balancing melee toons while keeping them well under the power level of casters.  Any suggestions?

P.C.:  Question here, what are you doing to fix the lag in the game?

Devs: We are working hard on that.  So about the upcoming changes to pure Ranger builds, what are your thoughts?

P.C.: Our thoughts are that until you change the lag not much else matters.  How about you deal with that instead?

Seriously, the Players Council has NOTHING to do with PLAYERS if they didn't spend every meeting asking the dipshits at turbine why the lag is so bad and what's going to be done about it.  The P.C. is a complete fail, like anything else turbine touches I guess.

IP Logged

ILoveExploits
Horoluth Raider

I Love Exploits!

Reply #102 - Dec 30th, 2014 at 8:28pm
Print Post  
NOTSunnyshadow wrote on Dec 30th, 2014 at 4:34pm:
so... your answer is... a?

e) I don't fucking care anymore.

Dear players,

The D&D rules you were familiar with were too simple to understand, so we're continuing our move away from them to needlessly confusing subsystems that will make your play experience less fun and invalidate old builds and loot. We hope you have fun working out what the fuck MRR, PRR, MP, SP, RP, CL, MCL and all the other bullshit we made up whilst drunk means.

Love,

People who don't know how to fix their own mistakes cleanly

IP Logged

gawker
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #103 - Dec 30th, 2014 at 8:31pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

gawker
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #104 - Dec 30th, 2014 at 8:42pm
Print Post  
Meli wrote on Dec 30th, 2014 at 5:53am:
Oh do post those pictures Gawker. I would be super curious. I'm going to make sure that lots of people see this post.

Here - reply to this post with screenshots.

/eyeroll

Good grief. Someone has their panties in a total twist. You don't seriously think that I thought that other person was for real whose PMs I forwarded to Cordovan?

You are a good example of a bully who doesn't like being called out I suspect Smiley

So here I am calling you out again Gawker. Post away. Seriously.

This is fucking classic Melicunt, "go ahead! burn my buddy Atomic! go ahead it wont hurt me!" 

Notice how Atomic didn't say shit?

So nice to see how you are willing to throw your dealer/bitch under the bus Meli. While Atomic knows not to say shit, because he doesn't want to get nuked, he will just quietly hope it all goes away.

Rest assured dummy that if I had screen-shots with the goods on you personally it would have been posted endlessly during the last few months, after all we have already seen you get your leash yanked by Cordy when you leave the reservation. Screen shots of you talking exploits in Gianthold, HH, and Thunderholme? god those would have been sweet. Sadly I only started ss'ing after you started publicly claiming to be pure as the driven snow, I was able to build a sweet set on your boy Atomic, as he knows and has asked me not to talk about several times.

For my part I will only burn Atomic on the M/B's if he actually gets on the PC. It would be too good of a chance to burn the PC down and all it's attendant bullshit insulation from criticism. But I really do love how you tried to goad me into fucking your buddy up, what a stupid fuck you are.

But I don't imagine there will be much more drama with you in the coming year, I have little doubt that you will be one of the first to get dropped by Cordovan, you can not be worth the constant fuck-ups and embarrassment for Turbine, they would have dropped you sooner if they could have found a way to do it without the bad drama.

So you might want to learn how to play without "treats" and  "protection" nitwit, cause that gravy train is almost over for you, unless you can find a way to blow Cordo online again.

And before I finish I want to take a moment to tell you how much I really enjoyed you trying to call me a bully, from you the special-needs twat, that got Factor and her brother burned and banned because you didn't like what she said and then gloated about it until the vault turned on you.... well that is rich. Talk about a bully not liking to be called out? you would know, you would know. Worst narc/bully of the past year? your a lock, Meli.

Remember everyone, Meli needs to know your server and a character name before she can "speak" with you.....
« Last Edit: Dec 30th, 2014 at 8:54pm by gawker »  

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #105 - Dec 30th, 2014 at 9:04pm
Print Post  
Leave Atomic out of it, if you can't burn the PC and Turbine  without damaging a established vaulty like him then you should get a life and let it go.

As for meli, best to ignore the her, the posts she makes do more to make her look like a gormless poser than anything you could whip up. She already made her bed when she copped to shopping someone to Cordovain, everyone here knows what a piece of dogshit she is.

IP Logged

gawker
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #106 - Dec 30th, 2014 at 9:13pm
Print Post  
I should ignore Meli because everyone knows she is a clueless retard? So I guess that means you going stop bitch slapping Thaz for the same reason right? 
« Last Edit: Dec 30th, 2014 at 9:14pm by gawker »  

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #107 - Dec 30th, 2014 at 9:24pm
Print Post  
Nice try asshat, totally different issues. But then you knew that.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #108 - Dec 30th, 2014 at 10:46pm
Print Post  
This seems familiar.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Meli
Titan Demolisher

Reply #109 - Dec 31st, 2014 at 2:35am
Print Post  
gawker wrote on Dec 30th, 2014 at 8:42pm:
This is fucking classic Melicunt, "go ahead! burn my buddy Atomic! go ahead it wont hurt me!" 

So nice to see how you are willing to throw your dealer/bitch under the bus Meli. While Atomic knows not to say shit, because he doesn't want to get nuked, he will just quietly hope it all goes away.

Rest assured dummy that if I had screen-shots with the goods on you personally it would have been posted endlessly during the last few months, after all we have already seen you get your leash yanked by Cordy when you leave the reservation. Screen shots of you talking exploits in Gianthold, HH, and Thunderholme? god those would have been sweet. Sadly I only started ss'ing after you started publicly claiming to be pure as the driven snow, I was able to build a sweet set on your boy Atomic, as he knows and has asked me not to talk about several times.

For my part I will only burn Atomic on the M/B's if he actually gets on the PC. It would be too good of a chance to burn the PC down and all it's attendant bullshit insulation from criticism. But I really do love how you tried to goad me into fucking your buddy up, what a stupid fuck you are.

But I don't imagine there will be much more drama with you in the coming year, I have little doubt that you will be one of the first to get dropped by Cordovan, you can not be worth the constant fuck-ups and embarrassment for Turbine, they would have dropped you sooner if they could have found a way to do it without the bad drama.

So you might want to learn how to play without "treats" and  "protection" nitwit, cause that gravy train is almost over for you, unless you can find a way to blow Cordo online again.

And before I finish I want to take a moment to tell you how much I really enjoyed you trying to call me a bully, from you the special-needs twat, that got Factor and her brother burned and banned because you didn't like what she said and then gloated about it until the vault turned on you.... well that is rich. Talk about a bully not liking to be called out? you would know, you would know. Worst narc/bully of the past year? your a lock, Meli.

Remember everyone, Meli needs to know your server and a character name before she can "speak" with you.....

I am genuinely curious what you think you have on me. Do you have the right characters? I only recently started playing back on Khyber a lot more and Atomic is on Khyber not on the other servers I've been playing on so I don't think you have the right person .  So yep, post away everything you have on me.

I'm sure I'd feel some actual sympathy for "Factor and her brother" if they were actually real. Smiley Love to see some evidence to that too.

IP Logged

Meli
Titan Demolisher

Reply #110 - Dec 31st, 2014 at 2:41am
Print Post  
Hag Master wrote on Dec 30th, 2014 at 9:04pm:
Leave Atomic out of it, if you can't burn the PC and Turbine  without damaging a established vaulty like him then you should get a life and let it go.

As for meli, best to ignore the her, the posts she makes do more to make her look like a gormless poser than anything you could whip up. She already made her bed when she copped to shopping someone to Cordovain, everyone here knows what a piece of dogshit she is.

I will totally own sending every PM I get from bullies to Cordovan where the same was threatened to do to me. I win because I sent it to Cordovan first. Cheesy

You know the really funny thing about this? How little Cordovan actually *cares* about what goes on at the vault. *That* makes this whole thing that much funnier.

But yep - new policy on PMs from that moment going forward for those who are not my friend: I will just straight post them out in the forums here. I have no problems doing that at all.

IP Logged

Sim-Sala-Bim
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Wha...?

Reply #111 - Dec 31st, 2014 at 3:12am
Print Post  
Meli wrote on Dec 31st, 2014 at 2:41am:
How "little Cordovan" actually *cares* about what goes on at the vault.

I first read it like this and lol'd.  Grin

IP Logged

gawker
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #112 - Dec 31st, 2014 at 3:22am
Print Post  
Meli wrote on Dec 31st, 2014 at 2:35am:
I am genuinely curious what you think you have on me. Do you have the right characters? I only recently started playing back on Khyber a lot more and Atomic is on Khyber not on the other servers I've been playing on so I don't think you have the right person .  So yep, post away everything you have on me.

I'm sure I'd feel some actual sympathy for "Factor and her brother" if they were actually real. Smiley Love to see some evidence to that too.

Now here I would point out a massive idiotic reading comprehension fail, but really it's just you are doing your best to pretend to mis-read and miss the point so you don't have to acknowledge just what a disloyal little twat you are:

*section of not in bold to help you not "miss" is this time bitch.

gawker wrote on Dec 30th, 2014 at 8:42pm:

Hey thanks for showing us all how fucking vapid and ill-equipped you are to post here again.

IP Logged

gawker
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #113 - Dec 31st, 2014 at 3:25am
Print Post  
Meli wrote on Dec 31st, 2014 at 2:41am:
I will totally own sending every PM I get from bullies to Cordovan where the same was threatened to do to me. I win because I sent it to Cordovan first. Cheesy

You know the really funny thing about this? How little Cordovan actually *cares* about what goes on at the vault. *That* makes this whole thing that much funnier.

But yep - new policy on PMs from that moment going forward for those who are not my friend: I will just straight post them out in the forums here. I have no problems doing that at all.

What a stupid revision-attempting Assnugget, you tried to pretend you didn't do anything, only when people started calling you out did you try to "own it", and failed, then ran away again.

That stupid cow Factor is a bully?  the silly bitch from all those posted PM's between the two of you? the dozy twat who begged you to leave her alone like some whipped dog? Really your telling us Factor was a "bully" and that is why you insisted on getting her character info and passing it on to Cordo for the ban? She was a bully... right... and but wait what's this?  lets see she was a bully who you say in the same stupid breath didn't exist? 

Face it Melicunt you retarded leech, you passed on a fellow vaulty's PM's to Cordo and got him to ban her, and were to stupid to cover it up properly, and now you are still trying to "own it" and justify it at the same time.

Gadzooks you are such fucking huge lying retard. 

Hag master was wrong, your not dogshit, your dumber than dogshit, what a clueless bitch.
« Last Edit: Dec 31st, 2014 at 3:34am by gawker »  

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #114 - Dec 31st, 2014 at 3:32am
Print Post  
GimpyPaw wrote on Dec 30th, 2014 at 8:01pm:
How the player council meeting minutes should read:

Dev: OK, we have this new idea for balancing melee toons while keeping them well under the power level of casters.  Any suggestions?

P.C.: Question here, what are you doing to fix the lag in the game?

Dev: So about the upcoming changes to pure Ranger builds, what are your thoughts?

P.C.: Our thoughts are that until you change the lag not much else matters.  How about you deal with that instead?

Dev : This is not the topic of this thread, open a thread about it if you want ( so that we can ignore it )

FIFY to be more real.

Remember what I said : Resume Padding, Fixing Lag ( and in asking to the right people why the traffic goes through Cogent and what it would take to make it go through a carrier that doesn't have congestion every other node like Level 3 or ATT ) is not something that can be put on the Resume of a coder.
That's something that could be put on the resume of a Producer... except that DDO has invisible Producers. ( No Captain on the Ship )

Most of the Lag comes from the network. Lag coming from the server is defined by : Everybody on the server has it ( and even then there's 3 nodes in the network over which Turbine can't do shit that could be the reason ( Cogent side of the Cogent-PNAP Peer Link, PNAP side of said link, PNAP side of the PNAP-Turbine link, they are all single nodes, all the game, web, AC, LoTRO traffic goes through them, one of them being wonky will lead to lag, disconnects and other issues ).

Now There is definitely Lag issues in DDO ( Cannith Crafting, opening the quest list panel ), and all those are imho due to an indexing issue in the database ( that's especially obvious with the quest panel.... when it came up sorted there was no lag, not it comes unsorted and there's lag... They screwed a data base index and the sort in the query/view and it seems they have no clue on how to fix that. )

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

gawker
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #115 - Dec 31st, 2014 at 3:38am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Dec 30th, 2014 at 7:04am:
Oh I didn't try to avoid answering it... I forgot about answering it.

If nothing change in the actual purpose of the PC, no.
There's no point. It will be on Lamania soon enough.
The only bits where the PC had an actual impact were items and enhancements... And that can be done through Lamania too.
( especially since both went through one or more two instances in L-Space before hitting live )
As I wrote somewhere :
- DDO ship has no Captain.
- The PC is seen as a group with Game Steering power... We don't.
- The PC doesn't see everything in a given update.
- Suggestions from the PC are ignored :
    * Crafting overhaul.
    * Un-Ghostbanning of Loot.
    * LFM issues caused by Retarded Streak and Dungeon Scaling.
    * Character Sheet UI revamp
    * Things like this https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/453187-Achievements-A-Proposal
       and this : https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/400412-Too-Good-an-Idea-to-Let-Die
       that were mostly ignored when pointed out by several PC members.

If things changes in the right direction, I'll have to think about it. ( I don't expect things to change, so I haven't considered the option )

Does it answer your question ?

Yup, thanks for taking the time to answer.

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #116 - Dec 31st, 2014 at 5:30am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Dec 31st, 2014 at 3:32am:
That's something that could be put on the resume of a Producer... except that DDO has invisible Producers. ( No Captain on the Ship )

Producer Glin is still tweeting and still holds the title. Still pulling a salary, so wtf does he actually do?  Chief chair warmer?

That's a pretty big cost overhead for DDO to carry for someone who doesn't actually contribute anything.  They have such a small technical team, but they had three Producers at one time this year?
Is Vanishing Viv still there or gone?

Will be interesting to see who will produce the Producer's letter this year?

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #117 - Dec 31st, 2014 at 11:16am
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Dec 31st, 2014 at 5:30am:
Producer Glin is still tweeting and still holds the title. Still pulling a salary, so wtf does he actually do?  Chief chair warmer?

That's a pretty big cost overhead for DDO to carry for someone who doesn't actually contribute anything.  They have such a small technical team, but they had three Producers at one time this year?
Is Vanishing Viv still there or gone?

Will be interesting to see who will produce the Producer's letter this year?

Can't tell you, neither him nor Viv bothered to hime in the PC forum...
... As far as I can remember... There might have been a post or two at the begining of the year...
Also a few post by The Kobold That Jumped Ship Before Getting Fired  and that's it.

And yes I can't wait for the Producer letter... well I just hope it will appear after the new council gets elected, so that I can just troll it into oblivion.

IP Logged

Meli
Titan Demolisher

Reply #118 - Dec 31st, 2014 at 1:59pm
Print Post  
gawker wrote on Dec 31st, 2014 at 3:22am:
Now here I would point out a massive idiotic reading comprehension fail, but really it's just you are doing your best to pretend to mis-read and miss the point so you don't have to acknowledge just what a disloyal little twat you are:

*section of not in bold to help you not "miss" is this time bitch.

Hey thanks for showing us all how fucking vapid and ill-equipped you are to post here again.

Ok so you're confirming that you have no information on me exploiting. For some reason you, the bully, have decided to pick on Atomic. I am not entirely sure why you are even choosing to bring Atomic into the conversation or why he and whatever he may choose to do is even relevant. All it does is make you look like a not very nice person. Atomic is a great person and he has my total support whatever happens to him. It's just a game and he plays the meta game very well also. He would be a truly excellent addtion to the PC for the *games sake*. In this context I want what is best for the game. What do you want?

Factor is a sockpuppet. And it wouldn't surprise me if it was yours. And yep I'll totally be disloyal to sockpuppets. I don't see why I wouldn't be.

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #119 - Dec 31st, 2014 at 4:17pm
Print Post  
What is the point in nda with council?

IP Logged

Barkabout
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #120 - Dec 31st, 2014 at 4:35pm
Print Post  
why was there a nda for the expansions?

IP Logged

khyberkajiit
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #121 - Dec 31st, 2014 at 9:32pm
Print Post  
I nominate Axer, so that we will no longer even bother trying to play the fucking game... -_-

IP Logged

Dark_Helmet
Wielder of the Schwartz

I hate you!

Reply #122 - Jan 1st, 2015 at 1:30am
Print Post  
IMNSHO: The PC was not going to solve their core issues. It did give the ability to have some feedback on future ideas, but random surveys could almost fit that bill since they didn't respond well to PC "discussions".

Overall, the loss of Mournlands was greater than the addition of the PC.

PS - They still don't know how to run a software company. I was hoping they were going to be relocated to California and got some infusion of new blood, but no dice.

IP Logged

omgspiderz
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #123 - Jan 1st, 2015 at 2:01am
Print Post  
Viktor Vaughn wrote on Dec 31st, 2014 at 4:17pm:
What is the point in nda with council?

Lawyers.

(Party:): Your party member, Wickedpippi, has died.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #124 - Jan 1st, 2015 at 4:40am
Print Post  
Dark_Helmet wrote on Jan 1st, 2015 at 1:30am:
IMNSHO: The PC was not going to solve their core issues. It did give the ability to have some feedback on future ideas, but random surveys could almost fit that bill since they didn't respond well to PC "discussions".

Overall, the loss of Mournlands was greater than the addition of the PC.

PS - They still don't know how to run a software company. I was hoping they were going to be relocated to California and got some infusion of new blood, but no dice.

You're not far off. You're even probably spot on...
I can't tell for Mournlands, even if I received an invitation to join, I never was in it.
One thing that ex-MLer have pointed : The PC is ( generaly ) asked feedback earlier in the development process than MLers were.

As for running a SW company, I suspect that the WB order to reorient to Candy Crush and Clash of Clans style games is part of the issue... at least lately.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9
Send TopicPrint