Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Stick Build, ITR (Read 7530 times)
Feynman
Epic Poster

I regret nothing!

Stick Build, ITR
Jan 8th, 2015 at 9:04pm
Print Post  
OK, so I need to rebuild an old character. Currently Bladeforged 12 monk/5 rogue/3 FVS (don't ask).

Here's what I'm considering (both bladeforged):

15 Paladin/3 Monk/2 Rogue

1    Power Attack
2m THF
3    Cleave
4m Deflect Arrows
6    Adept of Forms
9    IC: Bludgeoning
12  Master of Forms
15  Great Cleave
18  iTHF
21  Overwhelming Critical
24  gTHF
27  ?

Pros: t3 Earth Stance + Holy Sword + Zeal
Cons: Serious lack of defense; no Ninja Fade, no improved evasion, capped PRR/MRR; AP allocation is muddled

Or

15 Paladin/3 Rogue/2 Fighter

1 Adamantine Body
1f Power Attack
3 Cleave
4f THF
6 Great Cleave
9 IC: Bludgeoning
12 iTHF
15 gTHF
18 ?
21  Overwhelming Critical
24  ?
27  ?

Pros: Solid defensively, good offense, t5 Sacred Defender is obvious choice
Cons: No evasion, no monk stances, why not just use a greatsword?

Intermediate: Same as #2, but with Mithral Body instead of Adamantine Body

Pros: More PRR/MRR than #1, evasion
Cons: No improved evasion, no monk abilities/stances, muddled AP allocation, why not just use a greatsword?

I am leaning towards the 2nd build, mainly because PRR/MRR seems stronger than evasion right now, but then, I can't answer the question: Why not just use a greatsword?

Alternate proposal: Shelve the character and hope they revamp the monk trees this year.

"Science makes godlike -- it is all over with priests and gods when man becomes scientific. Moral: science is the forbidden as such -- it alone is forbidden. Science is the *first* sin, the *original* sin. *This alone is morality.* ``Thou shalt not know'' -- the rest follows."
-- Friedrich Nietzsche

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Re: Stick Build, ITR
Reply #1 - Jan 8th, 2015 at 9:17pm
Print Post  
Build one is a glass. Not a glass cannon, just a glass.

Build 2 is much better in the current state of things. I'd be going 18/2 personally and drop the fighter levels.

Feynman wrote on Jan 8th, 2015 at 9:04pm:
Why not just use a greatsword?

Greatswords would be a better choice for any harmor paladin based 2handed build. The main reason you'd use 1/4 staffs instead is because you already have good ones.
« Last Edit: Jan 8th, 2015 at 9:20pm by Munkenmo »  

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #2 - Jan 8th, 2015 at 9:18pm
Print Post  
18 palie 2 rogue harmor.

Better then both options.
Or if you dont want to waste ap on qstrike, 18 palie 1 rogue 1 druid for rams shilly or 18 palie 1 rogue 1 fighter for feat,

I played a centerd palie , then after etr swaped to a harmor one.
Harmor one was considerably better, more survivable as well.
Option you can also do is 16 palie 4 rogue for killer /but super ap intensive and not worth it or 15 palie 1 fighter 4 rogue /again ap but not so good.

Best would be still 18/2 with qstrike harmor, kotc lv 18 core vorpal with staff att speed is just wonderful
« Last Edit: Jan 8th, 2015 at 9:22pm by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

Feynman
Epic Poster

I regret nothing!

Reply #3 - Jan 8th, 2015 at 9:25pm
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Jan 8th, 2015 at 9:18pm:
18 palie 1 rogue 1 druid for rams shilly

Neat trick! Smiley

"Science makes godlike -- it is all over with priests and gods when man becomes scientific. Moral: science is the forbidden as such -- it alone is forbidden. Science is the *first* sin, the *original* sin. *This alone is morality.* ``Thou shalt not know'' -- the rest follows."
-- Friedrich Nietzsche

IP Logged

Feynman
Epic Poster

I regret nothing!

Reply #4 - Jan 8th, 2015 at 9:33pm
Print Post  
So, why is 18 Paladin better than 15 Paladin plus 2 feats?

-- Friedrich Nietzsche

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #5 - Jan 8th, 2015 at 10:06pm
Print Post  
Feynman wrote on Jan 8th, 2015 at 9:33pm:

Check the kotc lv 18 core Smiley
When we look that content we all farm is necro 4/dwyrm it becomes clear that you kinda want that core.
Brings way more power to the build then 2 feats imo.
You can drop cleaves as feats and use freebie kotc ones, i mean it offers way more versatility
« Last Edit: Jan 8th, 2015 at 10:07pm by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #6 - Jan 8th, 2015 at 10:17pm
Print Post  
Feynman wrote on Jan 8th, 2015 at 9:33pm:

I would also go 18 pally/2 rogue.

It's better because you don't really need the extra feats and because of KotC. The level 18 core adds a sweet vorpal proc and big light damage to every glance, both of which benefit greatly from the increased attack speed from TA. You'll still put points in SD, but probably only up to t4.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Feynman
Epic Poster

I regret nothing!

Reply #7 - Jan 8th, 2015 at 10:23pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Jan 8th, 2015 at 10:17pm:
I would also go 18 pally/2 rogue.

It's better because you don't really need the extra feats and because of KotC. The level 18 core adds a sweet vorpal proc and big light damage to every glance, both of which benefit greatly from the increased attack speed from TA. You'll still put points in SD, but probably only up to t4.

Ah, I wasn't planning on using much KotC after DM; bladeforged with extra feats make it unnecessary, and t5 SD with harmor gives +6 STR, +6 CON, and +20% HP. That's why the AP allocation is so muddled on evasion builds.

-- Friedrich Nietzsche

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #8 - Jan 8th, 2015 at 10:28pm
Print Post  
Feynman wrote on Jan 8th, 2015 at 10:23pm:
Ah, I wasn't planning on using much KotC after DM; bladeforged with extra feats make it unnecessary, and t5 SD with harmor gives +6 STR, +6 CON, and +20% HP. That's why the AP allocation is so muddled on evasion builds.

Tier 4 gives you 2/3. Much more cost effective IMO.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Feynman
Epic Poster

I regret nothing!

Reply #9 - Jan 8th, 2015 at 10:48pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Jan 8th, 2015 at 10:28pm:
Tier 4 gives you 2/3. Much more cost effective IMO.

But what does t5 KotC give? Great Cleave? When I have feats to spare? And the level 12 KotC core is almost as good, and would let me take t5 SD; more HP and a big chunk of PRR/MRR.

-- Friedrich Nietzsche

IP Logged

bosuze
Waterworks Kobold

wat kyk jy

Reply #10 - Jan 10th, 2015 at 7:54am
Print Post  
zeus?

so far, så bra

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Jan 10th, 2015 at 9:28am
Print Post  
Feynman wrote on Jan 8th, 2015 at 10:48pm:
But what does t5 KotC give? Great Cleave? When I have feats to spare? And the level 12 KotC core is almost as good, and would let me take t5 SD; more HP and a big chunk of PRR/MRR.

considering all your tier 5 is meh. You could go tier 5 harper or bladeforged(although this doesnt lock out other tier 5s you get more than what the rest offer).

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #12 - Jan 10th, 2015 at 9:40am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jan 10th, 2015 at 9:28am:
considering all your tier 5 is meh. You could go tier 5 harper or bladeforged(although this doesnt lock out other tier 5s you get more than what the rest offer).

Thinking about it, i mean the core 18 is crucial imo for sweetnes in kotc.
But you dont need to pick t5 if you dont want, but as its ap short it is a bit tough to build.

Personally i would go for some stance upgrades /mainly dodge cap hp and str and basic prr mrr upgrade, most points into kotc for core and i would prefer human over bf since power of forge is freaking expensive.
Rest rogue and maybe smtn in harper.

IT isnt hard to figure out what you need, but viewpoint should be " i dont need to get any t5 whatsoever"

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Jan 10th, 2015 at 9:47am
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Jan 10th, 2015 at 9:40am:
Thinking about it, i mean the core 18 is crucial imo for sweetnes in kotc.
But you dont need to pick t5 if you dont want, but as its ap short it is a bit tough to build.

Personally i would go for some stance upgrades /mainly dodge cap hp and str and basic prr mrr upgrade, most points into kotc for core and i would prefer human over bf since power of forge is freaking expensive.
Rest rogue and maybe smtn in harper.

IT isnt hard to figure out what you need, but viewpoint should be " i dont need to get any t5 whatsoever"

I keep looking over it and a new build idea comes to mind. Holy Sword+Violence Begets Violence. Needs 5 monk. So, 14 pally, 5 monk, 1 rogue?

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #14 - Jan 10th, 2015 at 10:17am
Print Post  
I honestly think violence begets violence is pretty shit, but definitely not worth giving up Zeal for.

PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #15 - Jan 10th, 2015 at 10:19am
Print Post  
In your shoes op, I wouldn't pick any t5, it's amazing how far your ap can go when you realize that t5's sometimes aren't worth the cost.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Jan 10th, 2015 at 10:26am
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Jan 10th, 2015 at 10:17am:
I honestly think violence begets violence is pretty shit, but definitely not worth giving up Zeal for.

I liked Violence on my whirlwind monks and wolves. It triggered off displace. Seems like dodge procs it. I would assume incorporeal does as well. Feels like it triggers all the time 50% displacement, 30% dodge, 25% incorporeal, 5% mob rolls a 1.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #17 - Jan 10th, 2015 at 10:31am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jan 10th, 2015 at 10:26am:
I liked Violence on my whirlwind monks and wolves. It triggered off displace. Seems like dodge procs it. I would assume incorporeal does as well. Feels like it triggers all the time 50% displacement, 30% dodge, 25% incorporeal, 5% mob rolls a 1.

So for 1 crit threat and multi you would want to lose shadowscale harmor with dr /:

Dont know, personally with the fact that shintao doesnt offer much to a stick beside some prr i dont think its better then 18 core from palie and power of harmor +zeal and faster qstrike vs monks that has still a longer cd-
You lose more then you gain and waste ap for alot of stuff you dont need, tho the monks vulner debuff might be ok with thforged with fire procs stacked
« Last Edit: Jan 10th, 2015 at 10:32am by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #18 - Jan 10th, 2015 at 10:41am
Print Post  
I can see it being useful on wolves with a *3 crit.  But unarmed not so much, you're essentially limited to *2 outside of 19/20.

(crude math being done in paint on my tablet)
Your numbers are what, a 24.9% chance to get hit each attack.
It looks like this means you should be averaging out to about 16-18*2 and 19-20*4

I'd prefer to spend those 2 points in No Mercy.

Given the premise of the paladin stick build here, I'd rather stick with atleast 15pally levels, or pick up Hasteboost from one fighter level.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #19 - Jan 10th, 2015 at 10:48am
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Jan 10th, 2015 at 10:41am:
I can see it being useful on wolves with a *3 crit.  But unarmed not so much, you're essentially limited to *2 outside of 19/20.

(crude math being done in paint on my tablet)
Your numbers are what, a 24.9% chance to get hit each attack.
It looks like this means you should be averaging out to about 16-18*2 and 19-20*4

I'd prefer to spend those 2 points in No Mercy.

Given the premise of the paladin stick build here, I'd rather stick with atleast 15pally levels, or pick up Hasteboost from one fighter level.

Ive tried a 15 palie 4 rogue 1 monk/1 fighter versions.
ALso a 15 palie 1 druid 4 rogue.
All of them had the exact same issue.
To much ap needed, also the cloth versions had way to low defense compared to harmor.
I dont know, i just prefer harmor kinda more since you can estimate damage you will recieve and that way spend more time in fight while knowing exactly when to heal.
With dodge its different, you never know when it will work or no, and you get hit by far more damage when you are hit.
I mean personally, a cloth monkish type will have more dps, but i think im just spoiled lately with harmor to the point that i dont want to go back to the old monk op days heh.

/best build for cloth and monk levels is still tree, since you have apsolutely everything, dodge prr, evasion, saves

IP Logged

taco
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Jan 11th, 2015 at 11:13pm
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Jan 10th, 2015 at 10:48am:
ALso a 15 palie 1 druid 4 rogue.

15 paladin/3 bard/2 barb is the way to go, sprint boosts and an extra multiplier on hand axes or light picks.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Jan 11th, 2015 at 11:24pm
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Jan 10th, 2015 at 10:48am:
15 palie 1 druid

You tried that. Pls post build Tongue

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #22 - Jan 12th, 2015 at 1:07am
Print Post  
taco wrote on Jan 11th, 2015 at 11:13pm:
15 paladin/3 bard/2 barb

Goodluck with that.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #23 - Jan 12th, 2015 at 8:27am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jan 11th, 2015 at 11:24pm:
You tried that. Pls post build Tongue

Right lol, aligment.
My brain is getting cured from ddo, good progress myself good progress!
/posted during a 90 hours no sleep session while watching animes and shows , honestly the thing i posted turned out good considering the state i was in
« Last Edit: Jan 12th, 2015 at 8:29am by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

Aeolwind
HERALD OF HATE

DDO: More broken than
peanut brittle

Reply #24 - Jan 12th, 2015 at 9:06am
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Jan 12th, 2015 at 1:07am:
Goodluck with that.

Although, that would be the bees knees of overpowered.  Where is the Chaotic Good Paladin, Garath?

http://members.tripod.com/lord_eadric/paladins/paladins.html
« Last Edit: Jan 12th, 2015 at 9:17am by Aeolwind »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint