Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Need Build Help With Swashbuckler And Ravager (Read 19954 times)
Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Need Build Help With Swashbuckler And Ravager
Jan 26th, 2015 at 3:15pm
Print Post  
Wanted to try 12 Bard 6 Barb 2 Rogue.

Getting an iconic life done. Thought of getting Shadar Past life and Bard icon. Will be my 3rd for each. Played too many swash stalwart versions. Wanted to try ravager crit rage with swashbuckler crit range.

Stats were something like.

16 str
10 dex
16 con
16 int
8 wis
12 cha

Level 1 now took plunge!

Feats would be

SWF
ISWF
GSWF
Imp Crit Slash (should be piercing for light picks, but there are no light picks unless crafted).
Precision
Empower Heal (If crit rage works while primal, rage pot, scaldic, or spell are active. Otherwise swapped).
Completionist.

OC
Epic PRR
Epic Reflexes
PSWF
P2WF

Tier 5 Ravager, Swash stance, KTA are desirable.
38 AP in Ravager knockdown immunity, blood strength and critical rage.
7 in harper for KTA
21 in Swash for Stance, Resonant Arms and core level 12.

« Last Edit: Jan 27th, 2015 at 1:12pm by Rubbinns »  

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

FM
Dragon Raider

Re: Need Build Help With Swashbuckler And Ravager
Reply #1 - Jan 26th, 2015 at 5:32pm
Print Post  
I have been thinking a lot about doing a Ravager/Swashbuckler combo to stack the crit range, but every time I start to make headway, I think, "Oh God, Paladins get the same crit benefit as Tier 5 Ravager + Swashbuckler from a single spell, they don't have to use any AP to get it, and they get to fight in heavy armor."

For example, if using picks, Holy Sword gives a 17-20 x 5 crit range/15-20x5 in Crusader. That's a 16/24 total crit value depending on destiny.

Swash + Ravager gives 15-20 x 4/13-20 x 4 in Crusader for a total crit value of 18/24. In other words, they have the same crit value in Crusader and Ravager/Swash only slightly edges out Holy Sword elsewhere.

Sorry, I have no point except that I hate how that overpowered spell makes so much other stuff that should be good look like shit.
« Last Edit: Jan 26th, 2015 at 5:32pm by FM »  

IP Logged

Feynman
Epic Poster

I regret nothing!

Reply #2 - Jan 27th, 2015 at 2:50am
Print Post  
Work EW:Kama in there and use forester's brush hook, should get 9-20/x4 in DC.

"Science makes godlike -- it is all over with priests and gods when man becomes scientific. Moral: science is the forbidden as such -- it alone is forbidden. Science is the *first* sin, the *original* sin. *This alone is morality.* ``Thou shalt not know'' -- the rest follows."
-- Friedrich Nietzsche

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #3 - Jan 27th, 2015 at 3:10am
Print Post  
First off, craft some picks. (...or buy brush hooks.)

Then I would probably trade 2-3 bard levels for rogue and rework your AP to pick up killer. If you drop KtA, you can still have 36 in ravager (dropping knockdown immunity), 17 in swash (for full resonant arms + 10% doublestrike), and 26 in assassin for killer, 3d6 SA, 1d8 poison, +3 seeker, +1dex/int (with 1 point left over.)
« Last Edit: Jan 27th, 2015 at 3:13am by 5 Foot Step »  

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Limpgimp
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Jan 27th, 2015 at 3:25am
Print Post  
Epic prr and epic reflexes are both ml 27, you'll have to pick smth else for 24 I guess.
From my tests crit rage worked only with barb rage, though that was some time ago. Maybe smth changed.

You may use SB while it's borked, who knows when it will be fixed.

Edit: as for weapon - if you dont want to craft gs, you can use skullsmasher too for heroics, it's 2[1d6] 18-20/x4 for swashbucler, not like you need the one perfect weapon to waltz through heroics.
« Last Edit: Jan 27th, 2015 at 8:02am by Limpgimp »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Jan 27th, 2015 at 10:22am
Print Post  
FM wrote on Jan 26th, 2015 at 5:32pm:
Sorry, I have no point except that I hate how that overpowered spell makes so much other stuff that should be good look like shit

Im fine with it. Bard and dodge past life. I will go and get 2 more pally lives an way because 30% hamp is titz.

It isnt all bad. Free CC from knockdown guard and guardbreak that doesnt have to built for or around. Aside fascinate, none of the others need anything other than AP and shield with guardbreaking.

Light pick should be 18-20 with swash stance.
17-20 in DC
13-20 with Imp Crit
11-20 with rage.

on a pally
19-20 with holy sword
18-20 in DC
15-20 Imp Crit

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Jan 27th, 2015 at 10:28am
Print Post  
Limpgimp wrote on Jan 27th, 2015 at 3:25am:
: as for weapon - if you dont want to craft gs, you can use skullsmasher too for heroics, it's 2[1d6] 18-20/x4 for swashbucler, not like you need the one perfect weapon to waltz through heroics.

I wanted something from 20-26. That was a light pick Sad

You may use SB while it's borked, who knows when it will be fixed.

Whats broken about it?

Epic prr and epic reflexes are both ml 27, you'll have to pick smth else for 24 I guess.

considering replacing them with Shield mastery and imp shield mastery

From my tests crit rage worked only with barb rage, though that was some time ago. Maybe smth changed.

Damn it... I'll try to see if anything else does soon as I get enough motivation to go past lv1

5 Foot Step wrote on Jan 27th, 2015 at 3:10am:
First off, craft some picks. (...or buy brush hooks.)

prolly just easier to buy hooks

Then I would probably trade 2-3 bard levels for rogue and rework your AP to pick up killer. If you drop KtA, you can still have 36 in ravager (dropping knockdown immunity)

I thought about taking killer but I rather have knockdown immunity for break ranks and raids.

IP Logged

crunch
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #7 - Jan 27th, 2015 at 10:41am
Print Post  
crit rage needs barbarian rage. precision does not work while raged. emp healing is useless.
pick up cleaves!

consider 21 AP in frenzied berserker for decent cores, supreme cleave, and other stuff.

IP Logged

Limpgimp
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Jan 27th, 2015 at 12:27pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jan 27th, 2015 at 10:28am:
Whats broken about it?

http://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/150534-Official-Known-Issues

Quote:
Combat:

Any ability that uses a Tactics DC is erroneously adding character level to the DC. Some specific class abilities do add character level to the DC, which is intended.

It's on known list so might be fixed soon (or never)

IP Logged

FM
Dragon Raider

Reply #9 - Jan 27th, 2015 at 12:48pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jan 27th, 2015 at 10:22am:
Im fine with it. Bard and dodge past life. I will go and get 2 more pally lives an way because 30% hamp is titz.

It isnt all bad. Free CC from knockdown guard and guardbreak that doesnt have to built for or around. Aside fascinate, none of the others need anything other than AP and shield with guardbreaking.

Fair enough. Should be more fun than a Paladin anyway.

Rubbinns wrote on Jan 27th, 2015 at 10:22am:
Light pick should be 18-20 with swash stance.
17-20 in DC
13-20 with Imp Crit
11-20 with rage.

Light Pick:
19-20: Swash stance
18-20: Crusader
15-20: Improved Crit
13-20: Ravager

This gives it the same overall crit value as the 15-20 Holy Sword in DC because of the +1 multiplier from Holy Sword.

It will get a slight edge in Dreadnought though.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Jan 27th, 2015 at 1:45pm
Print Post  
FM wrote on Jan 27th, 2015 at 12:48pm:
Light Pick:
19-20: Swash stance
18-20: Crusader
15-20: Improved Crit
13-20: Ravager

youre right. Was thinking hand axe instead. My bad. also short swords should be same range as hand axe 11-20.

FM wrote on Jan 27th, 2015 at 12:48pm:
This gives it the same overall crit value as the 15-20 Holy Sword in DC because of the +1 multiplier from Holy Sword.

It will get a slight edge in Dreadnought though.

hand axe in LD seems good too. I may end up doing that. I just want to crit more often for on crit procs. And hand axe does get x4 in LD.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Jan 27th, 2015 at 1:51pm
Print Post  
Limpgimp wrote on Jan 27th, 2015 at 12:27pm:
It's on known list so might be fixed soon (or never)

Ah yeah you meant stun blow and not swashbuckler. Im glad sunder works. I love that sound and animation.

crunch wrote on Jan 27th, 2015 at 10:41am:
precision does not work while raged. emp healing is useless.
pick up cleaves!

Thanks for telling me. Saved bunch of time. I went and dropped emp heal and precision. Picking up PA and Cleave over them. Dropped Epic Feats to only have OC and traded the other 2 in for Shield Mastery and Improved Mastery. Twisting in Haste, Legendary Mastery, and Mom Swing.

crunch wrote on Jan 27th, 2015 at 10:41am:
consider 21 AP in frenzied berserker for decent cores, supreme cleave, and other stuff.

Have Supreme on current version. Should be enough along with Cleave to get Mom Swing going.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Jan 27th, 2015 at 1:58pm
Print Post  
Then I would probably trade 2-3 bard levels for rogue and rework your AP to pick up killer. If you drop KtA, you can still have 36 in ravager (dropping knockdown immunity), 17 in swash (for full resonant arms + 10% doublestrike), and 26 in assassin for killer, 3d6 SA, 1d8 poison, +3 seeker, +1dex/int (with 1 point left over.)

Took your advice and went 10/6/4. I could drop KTA and knockdown immunity. Maybe even blood strength because that loses power from less barb levels, lower hamp, and less melee power. I'll test out all variants on this build and see what I end up liking for what situations. I'm sure killer is better than KTA in mob heavy quests. Knockdown immunity is only needed in few raids and quests and can always be specced into for those.

Enhancements for current version. Raid bosses and knockdown spam specced (non-killer)

« Last Edit: Jan 27th, 2015 at 5:00pm by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

FM
Dragon Raider

Reply #13 - Jan 27th, 2015 at 2:02pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jan 27th, 2015 at 1:45pm:
I just want to crit more often for on crit procs.

Yeah - should be nice for Resonant Arms, Dragon's Edge, and even Crippling Flames if you can afford TF alts.

Rubbinns wrote on Jan 27th, 2015 at 1:58pm:
Took your advice and went 10/6/4.

Surprised you are willing to miss out on the recently added +10 melee power from level 11 Barbarian (Greater Rage).

Rubbinns wrote on Jan 27th, 2015 at 2:21pm:
Wanted bard life. Otherwise pure barb is more to my liking.

Ahhh. Totally missed that.
« Last Edit: Jan 27th, 2015 at 2:38pm by FM »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Jan 27th, 2015 at 2:21pm
Print Post  
FM wrote on Jan 27th, 2015 at 2:02pm:
Surprised you are willing to miss out on the recently added +10 melee power from level 11 Barbarian (Greater Rage).

Wanted bard life. Otherwise pure barb is more to my liking.

FM wrote on Jan 27th, 2015 at 2:02pm:
Yeah - should be nice for Resonant Arms, Dragon's Edge, and even Crippling Flames if you can afford TF alts.

for sure. even guardbreaking.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #15 - Jan 27th, 2015 at 7:52pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jan 27th, 2015 at 1:45pm:
And hand axe does get x4 in LD.

It gets x5 on 19-20 only if you take devastating and headsman's. That is 4 extra iterations of damage.

X4 weapons in DC get 6 extra iterations of damage.

Rubbinns wrote on Jan 27th, 2015 at 1:51pm:
Shield Mastery

Did they fix shield mastery? Last I checked, it wasn't giving doublestrike to any combat style.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Feynman
Epic Poster

I regret nothing!

Reply #16 - Jan 27th, 2015 at 8:02pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Jan 27th, 2015 at 7:52pm:
Did they fix shield mastery? Last I checked, it wasn't giving doublestrike to any combat style.

Works with SWF and swash...

"Science makes godlike -- it is all over with priests and gods when man becomes scientific. Moral: science is the forbidden as such -- it alone is forbidden. Science is the *first* sin, the *original* sin. *This alone is morality.* ``Thou shalt not know'' -- the rest follows."
-- Friedrich Nietzsche

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Jan 27th, 2015 at 9:03pm
Print Post  
It gets x5 on 19-20 only if you take devastating and headsman's.

Yeah, It's x4 on any crit with headman's. X6 on 19-20 with devastating and OC.

I have a 41 doublestrike right now. Could be 5 more from rager belt, 3 more from gmof twist, and 3 more from black scale set. Seems to be giving dstrikes and prr

IP Logged

FM
Dragon Raider

Reply #18 - Jan 27th, 2015 at 9:31pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jan 27th, 2015 at 9:03pm:
Yeah, It's x4 on any crit with headman's.

Whoa - is headman's borked? How long has this been going on?

Want to get a gauge on whether I'll have time to take advantage of it or not.
« Last Edit: Jan 27th, 2015 at 9:31pm by FM »  

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #19 - Jan 27th, 2015 at 11:04pm
Print Post  
FM wrote on Jan 27th, 2015 at 9:31pm:

Ditto.

Also, when the hell did shield mastery get fixed? As soon as I TR'd out of S&B? IIRC when they took it away from orbs it wasn't working on anything.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Feynman
Epic Poster

I regret nothing!

Reply #20 - Jan 27th, 2015 at 11:30pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Jan 27th, 2015 at 11:04pm:
Ditto.

Also, when the hell did shield mastery get fixed? As soon as I TR'd out of S&B? IIRC when they took it away from orbs it wasn't working on anything.

AFAIK, it never stopped working with swash. I didn't even see much difference with the damage bonus nerf.

-- Friedrich Nietzsche

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Jan 28th, 2015 at 1:04am
Print Post  
FM wrote on Jan 27th, 2015 at 9:31pm:

Want to get a gauge on whether I'll have time to take advantage of it or not.

No, that is me not reading correctly. It does state on 19-20. And I have not tested it.

IP Logged

crunch
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #22 - Jan 28th, 2015 at 4:06am
Print Post  
btw reading fail on my part, I thought this was a barbarian 12 - bard 6 split

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #23 - Jan 28th, 2015 at 3:36pm
Print Post  
I don't like the build as much as I thought I would. Going to tr out. Few reasons but mainly comes down to if I am playing something that rages it's going to be full barb in heavy. Ravager does a lot more dps than other swash variants. Has knockdown immunity that can only be acquired from core level 12 Thief Acrobat. Although it trades away all the versatility to use all its spells and heals at anytime. Not worth the trade off for more dps. Zoda's dwarven build is to me still the best swashbuckler.

FM wrote on Jan 26th, 2015 at 5:32pm:
Sorry, I have no point except that I hate how that overpowered spell makes so much other stuff that should be good look like shit.

Even if they removed the multiplier from holy sword, paladins still win out. There really isn't a reason to play a sawshbuckler over a paladin. The play styles are very similar. I get to use all my spells, scrolls and clickies at all times. My heals too, which are not dependent on trash kills or 20% procs or staying in circle of flames. I will gladly trade dodge, trap skills, and guardbreaking for 180 prr/110 mrr, more hamp and never failing a save. And a higher base damage weapon. And LoH. Every time.

IP Logged

Feynman
Epic Poster

I regret nothing!

Reply #24 - Jan 29th, 2015 at 3:15am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jan 28th, 2015 at 3:36pm:
There really isn't a reason to play a sawshbuckler over a paladin.

Swash does evasion better, since you can SWF + shield and still get greater SD stance, and I don't think there's a 1-hander that will let Holy Sword match the crit profile of swash + forester's brush hook.

-- Friedrich Nietzsche

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint