Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) rogue. what level do G xbows start shining? (Read 29217 times)
Fail
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Re: rogue. what level do G xbows start shining?
Reply #100 - May 27th, 2015 at 1:12am
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on May 27th, 2015 at 12:23am:

I READ BOTH days ago- One is a fucking build specific to using the LD destiny (and not relevant otherwise) describing g xbow use and the other related to needle vs 3t TF with artificer, which is also pure end game.

NEITHER gave a basic analysis of what I was looking for, which if you read the topic of this thread, is when do G xbows start to shine, NOT which bow is best end game.

Grand wrote on May 27th, 2015 at 12:37am:
Forest was too gentle with you cry baby.

I mean, what a load of bullshit, this whole post is drowning in excuses and feeling sorry for yourself. You lazy prick.

You don't need duped items, years of hoarded bound to account items, greensteel shit, raid buddies, raid timers, or any of the other goodies to test GXB v.s. Repeater.

You posted you have a level 19 mechanic, so here is what you do.

-Get the mechanic toon to lev 20
-Buy a base GXB,
-Buy a base Repeater
-Buy bolts
-Get access to a training dummy (not necessary to test speed, but handy to test damage.)
-Turn off fletching in the enhancement tree
-Test one against the other
-Test in several sets for average results
-Go play, adjust enhancements, go play more

What the fuck was so hard about that?

You know what I see? exactly what Forest pointed out, you just keep on using different words to ask the same fucking questions because you didn't like the answers you got the first time you asked.

Lets be honest shall we? your question wasn't "when does the GXB get good" it was actually "teach me to make my toon a EE badass without having to do all the work to get it there".

DIAF

Call me what you will , but I have to really wonder why a handful of you are so intent on making sure information isnt readily available to new players.

Sure, I got some results on my own with a dummy and in heroics asshat (nice of you to presume that I didnt try), but that showed repeaters were ahead and it didnt jive with what was being hinted at - thats actually where I gave up and decided to make the thread. 

In my experience after testing and running heroics, the repeaters with con or str reducing procs seem to outshine g xbows and thats the opinion I wouldve held if I hadnt seen the numbers posted here, even though it seemed wrong and if you read my posts and werent just baiting in with a couple of douchebags, you couldve seen that.

If I was looking for someone to hand me a build, again, I wouldve pm'd one of the all stars here and asked for it - that didnt happen, so go fuck yourself.

I'm seeing that not only do people not post basic shit here, but for some reason, a few of you seriously dont want this information out there.

Are you so butt hurt about how turdbine abused your game that you want DDO to die off or are you just so damn jaded from duping stones and having shit handed to you now that that youd rather keep some elitist shit going on and watch new players as they struggle and leave en mass?

Its fucked up either way way.

IP Logged

Forest
Ex Member

Reply #101 - May 27th, 2015 at 1:19am
Print Post  
Fail wrote Today at 1:12am:

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #102 - May 27th, 2015 at 1:32am
Print Post  
Ya gotta love that the guy who just spent two solid months begging for advice, then turning down the advice, then bitching about not getting advice, 95% of the time calls me the asshat. Grin

Yeah it must because I have access to duped items, years of hoarded bound to account items, greensteel shit, raid buddies, raid timers, or any of the other goodies Gosh, I guess it pays to take the time to play the game!

You know what is really great Failure? the title of your most recent thread "give me a build to farm servants optional pdk" I mean that title! it really says it all doesn't it Failure?

"Give me" is there a better illustration of your last few months here? You searched? bullocks! You tried to test? obviously not very hard! with you it's always easier to just log on to the vault and scream gimme gimme gimme!

And now, Mister Gimme-Gimme man your feelings get hurt because everybody is being mean to wittle wittle you! and everybody is keeping secrects from wittle wittle Mr. Gimme-Gimme!

Fucking grow-up Grin

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #103 - May 27th, 2015 at 3:08am
Print Post  
Hag Master wrote on May 26th, 2015 at 10:37pm:
grammar no-no's

Grammar now-nows?

Cheesy <3 <3 <3

Two sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm shitfaced

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #104 - May 27th, 2015 at 4:30am
Print Post  
Starkjade wrote on May 27th, 2015 at 3:08am:
Grammar now-nows?

Cheesy <3 <3 <3

Clearly it was the right choice to edit out the spelling jab!
« Last Edit: May 27th, 2015 at 4:30am by Hag Master »  

IP Logged

Bacardi
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #105 - May 27th, 2015 at 8:20am
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on May 25th, 2015 at 8:37pm:
Ya, my test with Bacardi was not in replicate

Doubleshot past lives (and an equiver) favor a repeater. What were you thinking?

Someone summoned me?

Fuck Repeaters and fuck TOEE Great Xbow set (i even wasted the +2 RP shroom and it sucked ass)

Also fuck the Quiver.

Just get Mythic Veneer for the 9% doubleshot and an Epic quiver of poison and you are set.

Go super lazy and make a 14paladin/1fighter/5 rogue PDK and throw some shitty Kensei APs while you are on it.

Facetank shit go pew pew and screw fragile rogue builds kitting shit nonstop because they are 2 shotted.

On a more serious note

Anyone noticed something strange lately with the knockdown of Great Xbows?

I slotted an endless night vorpal neg thingy and even though it procs the damn mobs aren`t knocked down

Epoch wrote on May 22nd, 2012 at 4:46am:
I can tell by your typing that you are an uneducated fuckwit.  This explains why you think books are bad.  I bet you think school is hard and you shouldn't have to repeat 7th grade again this year.

IP Logged

Forest
Ex Member

Reply #106 - May 27th, 2015 at 9:15am
Print Post  
Bacardi wrote on May 27th, 2015 at 8:20am:
Anyone noticed something strange lately with the knockdown of Great Xbows?

I slotted an endless night vorpal neg thingy and even though it procs the damn mobs aren`t knocked down

Thankfully it's a graphics issue, my group had noticed this after the last patch. Turns out the game is having a hard time coping with the increased number of knock down procs. So we are ending up with the proc working but not producing the visual effect, I.E. the mob is knocked down but looks like it is just standing there, or the mob is knocked down and appears to stay down for twice sometimes three times longer than it should.  In each case the mechanic are still running correctly the mob who doesn't appear to be knocked down will not move or attack for the knock down period and the Mob who is still on the ground will move and attack, and in some cases kill you while it appears to still be on the ground. Check your logs.

One of us got a couple of PM's back from Steelstar about it, they know it's happening, but now that they know it's really a visual issue and everything is working otherwise they don't sound like fixing it is a big priority.   

SS even went as far as to suggest pairing a item that has a visible vopal effect like draining or such with your gear so you would have the visual clue that a mob is down even if it doesn't appear to be.

OH Turbine!

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #107 - May 27th, 2015 at 9:42am
Print Post  
Hag Master wrote on May 27th, 2015 at 4:30am:
Clearly it was the right choice to edit out the spelling jab!

Assholes like me are always watching out, sir.  Grin

Quote:
Thankfully it's a graphics issue, my group had noticed this after the last patch. Turns out the game is having a hard time coping with the increased number of knock down procs. So we are ending up with the proc working but not producing the visual effect, I.E. the mob is knocked down but looks like it is just standing there, or the mob is knocked down and appears to stay down for twice sometimes three times longer than it should.  In each case the mechanic are still running correctly the mob who doesn't appear to be knocked down will not move or attack for the knock down period and the Mob who is still on the ground will move and attack, and in some cases kill you while it appears to still be on the ground. Check your logs.

One of us got a couple of PM's back from Steelstar about it, they know it's happening, but now that they know it's really a visual issue and everything is working otherwise they don't sound like fixing it is a big priority.   

SS even went as far as to suggest pairing a item that has a visible vopal effect like draining or such with your gear so you would have the visual clue that a mob is down even if it doesn't appear to be.

OH Turbine!

Good to know.

I've noticed this with Lay Waste, too, lately, the mobs looked like the unkillable zombies from Tomb of the Tormented.  Thought it was a graphics issue on my end with my (very shitty) computer.

IP Logged

Fail
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #108 - May 27th, 2015 at 11:09am
Print Post  
Grand wrote on May 27th, 2015 at 1:32am:
You know what is really great Failure? the title of your most recent thread "give me a build to farm servants optional pdk" I mean that title! it really says it all doesn't it Failure?

"Give me" is there a better illustration of your last few months here? You searched? bullocks! You tried to test? obviously not very hard! with you it's always easier to just log on to the vault and scream gimme gimme gimme!

OK , Ill have to hold your hand on this one.

That thread was made right after I read Hag ass saying I was begging for handouts and I figured Id ask a simple question I was wondering about but in a way that fit in with Hags bitching; The title is exactly the way its supposed to be and its called sarcasm.

The fact that one of the brighter and more helpful people posted on it within a day does give me pause to think that there might actually be hope for this place yet though.

I know at least one mod is reading this, so I'll be honest, if I was to  want to "beg" for anything here, it would be that the mods make a sticky collection of builds  and pertinent information in one consolidated place so that it could be referenced by a new player who is simply googling and looking for any sign that this game still has life in it.

I think that would be 1000% better than focusing on a hidden exploit board, because exploits die when the game does.

*and Forest, I really dont need to see gifs of your GF crying over how small your shit is - at least label the post nsfw*  k, thanx
« Last Edit: May 27th, 2015 at 11:25am by Fail »  

IP Logged

Bacardi
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #109 - May 27th, 2015 at 11:36am
Print Post  
Quote:
Thankfully it's a graphics issue, my group had noticed this after the last patch blah blah blah

OH Turbine!

Thanks Forest i was too lazy to ask the Devs in the IRC or actually test stuff since i reduced my playtime by alot.

Fail eat shit

Epoch wrote on May 22nd, 2012 at 4:46am:
I can tell by your typing that you are an uneducated fuckwit.  This explains why you think books are bad.  I bet you think school is hard and you shouldn't have to repeat 7th grade again this year.

IP Logged

Fail
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #110 - May 27th, 2015 at 11:44am
Print Post  
Bacardi wrote on May 27th, 2015 at 11:36am:
Fail eat shit

A come back worthy of the hag crowd sir. 

You are as observant as your wit is sharp.

*golf clap*
« Last Edit: May 27th, 2015 at 11:45am by Fail »  

IP Logged

Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Dare to tempt your fates?
Everything has a price.

Reply #111 - May 27th, 2015 at 12:09pm
Print Post  
Fail wrote on May 27th, 2015 at 1:12am:
NEITHER gave a basic analysis of what I was looking for, which if you read the topic of this thread, is when do G xbows start to shine, NOT which bow is best end game.

which, by my math.. was lvl 12, tier 5 mechanic stuff (if its level 12 restrictive, otherwise level 5 rogue). GS, in its blank form, was better as greatbow than repeater.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #112 - May 27th, 2015 at 1:46pm
Print Post  
Cheers for the xbow maths and the knockdown info, both interesting.

IP Logged

Fail
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #113 - May 27th, 2015 at 4:09pm
Print Post  
Vendui wrote on May 27th, 2015 at 12:09pm:
which, by my math.. was lvl 12, tier 5 mechanic stuff (if its level 12 restrictive, otherwise level 5 rogue). GS, in its blank form, was better as greatbow than repeater.

Understood and your time/effort is appreciated.

Thank you
« Last Edit: May 27th, 2015 at 4:10pm by Fail »  

IP Logged

Factor
Ex Member

Reply #114 - May 27th, 2015 at 10:44pm
Print Post  
Fail wrote on May 27th, 2015 at 11:44am:
A come back worthy of the hag crowd sir. 

You are as observant as your wit is sharp.

*golf clap*

Weren't you using Bacardi on your source previously?  Sad

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #115 - May 28th, 2015 at 12:09am
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on May 25th, 2015 at 9:23pm:
man grow up
will toss you a bone, if you like it lol
doubleshot has been working on every bolt of a repeater since shadowfell happy day to you
I had a conversation about a year ago on this with Varg,
don't think they're going to fix it
Played a blitz repeater before enhancement pass, and knew some people soloing EE content on them circa haunted halls. Anyway. Good stuff.

IIRC, doubleshot is applying to each repeater shot at 1/3 of the rate. You can boost to %100+ dshot and see if you get 6 attacks per click everytime if you want to test.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Dare to tempt your fates?
Everything has a price.

Reply #116 - May 28th, 2015 at 12:03pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on May 28th, 2015 at 12:09am:
IIRC, doubleshot is applying to each repeater shot at 1/3 of the rate. You can boost to %100+ dshot and see if you get 6 attacks per click everytime if you want to test.

This..

Every bolt gets a chance to DShot, but not the full 10%.

to get a guarenteed 6 shots per click, you would need more than 300% Dshot. 100% will only yield ~30% per bolt (not 33%.. DDO math for yah, they suck at it)
« Last Edit: May 28th, 2015 at 12:04pm by Vendui »  

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #117 - May 28th, 2015 at 12:53pm
Print Post  
Vendui wrote on May 28th, 2015 at 12:03pm:
100% will only yield ~30% per bolt (not 33%.. DDO math for yah, they suck at it)

Repeating decimals on repeating crossbows makes for repeating repeaters, Pete.  That's just confusing.  Cheesy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 
Send TopicPrint