Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) rogue. what level do G xbows start shining? (Read 29212 times)
WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Re: rogue. what level do G xbows start shining?
Reply #25 - May 24th, 2015 at 7:19pm
Print Post  
Hag Master wrote on May 24th, 2015 at 4:48pm:
I am hard pressed to decide what makes you more ignorant, thinking this, or being so fucking clueless that you would publicly post on the Vault something that displays just how uninformed you are. I mean seriously? are you that thick that you can come to this conclusion?

Thank the gods they kicked you off the PC, I can only imagine the damage you would have done if this is a fair example of your level of ignorance, I mean really? you stupid stupid fucker. 

blah blah blah I don't like facts or interesting discussion. go fuck yourself to

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

Fail
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #26 - May 24th, 2015 at 7:20pm
Print Post  
The thing thats got me wobbling, is that everything seems to rotate around sneak attack die, which if you solo a lot like me, just doesnt come into play as often as it should on ranged attacks.

5 Foot Step wrote on May 19th, 2015 at 1:32am:

Great xbow is going to especially shine whenever ...aren't sneak attacking though.

I thought the basic thing pushing G xbows over wasnt the higher base damage but all the extra sa die they get.

Quote:
8 more SA die, +2[w] more, 19-20 vorpal more, 15-20X4 more, twice the base [w]

I see the point, but does it take into account how few hits you are really getting sneak attack in vs. how often a repeaters -con or -str or poison  procs will bring a mob down with the lower damage base but higher ability to remove a mobs HP through procs?

I mean a burst or two of -1 str, -1 con is going to make the next volley kill it, but the G xbow needs to plink, plink,plink (run) plink, plink, plink (run) plink, plink...etc

I think the procs are the real bread and butter with the repeaters - at least it seems to be so in my playtime - wanting to hear back from people who run this in end game content with fully fleshed out, completionist,3 tier TF wielding, epic geared builds and see what they actually saw in their play since the build changes are so new.

My experience, of course, is in all around combat against normal Heroic mobs.
In EE or vs. red and vs reds in group esp. I can see where the numbers for  G xbows are shining on paper.

I made this thread to find out if my basic hunches might be unfounded, and they still may be, but still trying to figure that out, because I want to be able to run with a G xbow build in solo content and clear like a champ .

It seems thogh that unless im in a group and have steady sa kicking in, that the unnamed, crafted G xbows are taking a back seat - thats not what I wanted either, so its not like im trying to push repeaters.

Hell, if after all this I do go with repeaters, then my 18 rogue/2 arti split is going to LR into a 14 pally 6 rogue split or similar since holy sword seems to favor proc weapons so much more.
« Last Edit: May 24th, 2015 at 8:51pm by Fail »  

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #27 - May 24th, 2015 at 7:57pm
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on May 24th, 2015 at 7:19pm:
blah blah blah I don't like facts or interesting discussion. go fuck yourself to

Clearly you don't like facts, or anyone disagreeing with you, but thanks for admitting to it publicly.

It's all quite humorous, as the only one I see avoiding the facts is you, the jonny-come-lately who just want's your precious repeater to be "best". What a clueless fucker, I pointed out the huge advantages the Devs built into GxB and then Ollie (who has no horse in the race) hits you with his post, and what do you have to say? Oh I hit more than that Ollie! I do!  and then you purposefully try to ignore all the Built in like larger weapon type damage 2D8, +7 more damage bonuses, +8 more 200% scaling SA die, +2[w], 19-20 vorpal, 10% knockdown, 20% alacrity, and finally 15-20X4 crit profile, All that? you just try to ignore with "oh it can't make up" you fucking moronic liar.

And how about a little more gravy fuckwit? that +2[w]? well that is 4D8, which would equate to +3.2[w] if it was on a repeater, and also every time a GxB is in pointblank? another .6[w] more than the repeater, and what about combat archery? thats yet another .6[w] more damage for the GxB compared to the repeater. Then of course all those additional damage boosts you are so desperate to ignore? they all get X4 on every crit. 

Never mind the animation for the GxB is faster by design as well, no don't you worry you pretty little head, you go have fun with your 2 SA dice and your repeater, and you go show that Hobgoblin how tough you are.

How someone as poorly informed and willfully ignorant got picked to be on the PC in the first place is amazing. The fact that Turbine was smart enough to drop you and your fact-ignoring, magical-thinking, head-in-the-sand, rules-ignorant ass is even more amazing.

But then again you helped them with it, when you, in the words of your fellow PC members:

"And it hasn't been without excitement. There was that one thing, with that one guy, who apparently went pottymouth looloo, or forgot his meds or something...

So that's about it, I'm not going to waste anymore time on a clueless fucker like you, you waste of skin, until you actually learn how the game works and can mount a sensible case for a point of view other than "I want it to be this way!!! Whaaaaa!", until then? I will ignore you just as I have that troll Fail (he must be a troll, no one can really be that dumb).

I hope that you and Fail will be happy together, I know he is eager to waste as much of your time as possible.

Have fun with those repeaters boys! and remember 3Xshit is still shit.

« Last Edit: May 24th, 2015 at 7:59pm by Hag Master »  

IP Logged

Fail
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #28 - May 24th, 2015 at 8:44pm
Print Post  
Hag Master wrote on May 24th, 2015 at 7:57pm:
I hope that you and Fail will be happy together, I know he is eager to waste as much of your time as possible.

Have fun with those repeaters boys! and remember 3Xshit is still shit.

http://1.media.collegehumor.cvcdn.com/60/42/bc8a664b6c16415f913fc99da27c6c29-dro...

I dont know whats funnier, that you still post here after both of us agreed you should fuck off or the fact someone finally got you to post something definitive (twice in the same thread even) after nearly 1k posts of random unsubstantiated crap (albeit interwoven in shit remarks, but coming from you, who expected less?); either way its a god damn xmas miracle in may.

lmfao
« Last Edit: May 24th, 2015 at 8:45pm by Fail »  

IP Logged

HairyO
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #29 - May 24th, 2015 at 9:52pm
Print Post  
So, are repeaters or great crossbows better for Rogues?

IP Logged

Fail
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #30 - May 24th, 2015 at 9:55pm
Print Post  
HairyO wrote on May 24th, 2015 at 9:52pm:
So, are repeaters or great crossbows better for Rogues?

This entire thread is all about pulling teeth to figure that one out my friend.

No definitive answer yet, but I dont think anyone would argue that all things considered, pre rogue level 18, repeaters are def the shit for levelling up.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #31 - May 24th, 2015 at 10:33pm
Print Post  
I'm GXbow sniping for 300 damage at level 7.  Tongue

One shot, one kill.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

RemRemi
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #32 - May 24th, 2015 at 10:47pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on May 24th, 2015 at 10:33pm:

One shot, one kill.

Exactly, totally changed my gameplay.

But I for one don't mind the noisy peeps hopelessly barracking for repeaters, in fact I hope all the Pallys and Butthurt bunch buy their story, it will help keep the nerf bat away from my evil GXB.  Lev 5 on nothing comes close, and by character lev 12? it's magic.
« Last Edit: May 24th, 2015 at 10:48pm by RemRemi »  

IP Logged

Fail
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #33 - May 25th, 2015 at 12:39am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on May 24th, 2015 at 10:33pm:

One shot, one kill.

Im not even seeing this regularly with my character now.

Would you mind posting your enhancement breakdown and
what kind of g xbow you are using?

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #34 - May 25th, 2015 at 1:17am
Print Post  
Fail wrote on May 25th, 2015 at 12:39am:

Quenched gxbow.

1 point in human, rest in mech.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

RemRemi
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #35 - May 25th, 2015 at 2:00am
Print Post  
Fail wrote on May 25th, 2015 at 12:39am:

Dude! don't you get tired of begging other people to tell you how to play the game?  Grin

I just looked at your last 50 posts, brother you is Gaytarded for sure.

Almost all the posts you have made in the past month have been you asking people how to do simple stuff and then going on insisting they spoon-feed you the info because figuring out is too hard for you  Shocked

Are you sure you're not Doggy's left sock? he wants to be spoon fed exploits on that sock and you want to be spoon-fed builds!  You tow make a matched set.

IP Logged

RemRemi
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #36 - May 25th, 2015 at 2:04am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on May 25th, 2015 at 1:17am:
Quenched gxbow.

1 point in human, rest in mech.

5step, tell me how do you press the mouse button to get the best damage?
~Fail

Fail, what a perfect name!  Grin

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #37 - May 25th, 2015 at 2:18am
Print Post  
RemRemi wrote on May 25th, 2015 at 2:04am:
5step, tell me how do you press the mouse button to get the best damage?

I use my index finger, but don't tell anyone...it's a trade secret.  Cheesy

Possibly an exploit.  Grin
« Last Edit: May 25th, 2015 at 2:19am by 5 Foot Step »  

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #38 - May 25th, 2015 at 2:27am
Print Post  
Remi, you got a fair bit of nerve mate to be picking on the idiot. I know for a fact that several of us have shared with you after you PM'd a couple times, remember junior?

Granted you didn't need a fucking step by fucking step set of instructions, and you were always grateful for the help.

5foot, wow, now I know the secret....  wait, do breath in or breath out when you press?

IP Logged

Sim-Sala-Bim
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Wha...?

Reply #39 - May 25th, 2015 at 5:07am
Print Post  
Hag Master wrote on May 25th, 2015 at 2:27am:
wait, do breath in or breath out when you press?

None. You just hold your breath. The longer you hold your breath, higher the DPS.

IP Logged

RemRemi
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #40 - May 25th, 2015 at 6:06am
Print Post  
Remi, you got a fair bit of nerve mate to be picking on the idiot. I know for a fact that several of us have shared with you after you PM'd a couple times, remember junior?

Granted you didn't need a fucking step by fucking step set of instructions, and you were always grateful for the help.

5foot, wow, now I know the secret....  wait, do breath in or breath out when you press?

You make a fair point Hag, I have asked for and received help, so maybe it was hypocritical for me point out what a begging asshat Fail is. Maybe.

In my defense I will point out that I have passed a few tidbits here and there, to both posters who helped me and to noobs. I even threw some cards and materials to needy folk, including stacks of Phlog back when the mailbox was working.

OH! And I didn't act like a entitled bitch with a special needs learning threshold like that sad little fancy boy did.  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #41 - May 25th, 2015 at 6:40am
Print Post  
One would think that since mech enhancements are nicely suted both for repeaters and Gxbows,
it would be super easy to check by simply swapping them and testing both. Am I wrong in this assumption?

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #42 - May 25th, 2015 at 7:22am
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on May 25th, 2015 at 6:40am:
One would think that since mech enhancements are nicely suted both for repeaters and Gxbows,
it would be super easy to check by simply swapping them and testing both. Am I wrong in this assumption?

Nope, you are not wrong at all. It was easy to swap identically enchanted versions of both weapons at multiple levels, via Cannith crafting, then Green steel crafting, and finally Thunderforged crafting and compare results at each level and arrive at a rational conclusion of which is better. 

It's why I use a GxB.
« Last Edit: May 25th, 2015 at 7:23am by Hag Master »  

IP Logged

Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Dare to tempt your fates?
Everything has a price.

Reply #43 - May 25th, 2015 at 11:37am
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on May 24th, 2015 at 8:19am:
Have bruntsmashed 4200 on a repeater in blitz Vendui

Oh, you want me to calculate blitz into this as well.. are you fucking retarded? any % increase is going to favor the better weapon (great xbow).

Vendui wrote on May 23rd, 2015 at 6:09pm:
784-4942 dmg with Gbow (9 shots registered as non-crit, 3 as crit) (I think my crit rates off.. i think its actually 30% chance, not 25%.. ~shrug~ its late.. )

504-2700 dmg with a repeater, assuming all 12 shots crit..

usiing above numbers, fully blitzed gives +70 ranged power. 784*70% = 1332 minimum dmg over the course of 12 shots on a greatbow.  857 min dmg over the course of 4 volleys (12 shots) on a repeater.. Do i really need to show the top end.. yes, yes i do. 8401 top end dmg on gbow, 4590 on a repeater. So we have a range of:

1332-8401 on a Greatbow, using maxed blitz

857-4590 on a repeater using blitz.

I fail to see yet, how your repeater is "Moar Dmg"..

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #44 - May 25th, 2015 at 12:57pm
Print Post  
Oli would you humor me---what is the rate of fire on a great crossbow? Maybe I missed a thread with that info in here, I don't have a repeater build atm or I would check the rate of fire on a Great Crossbow. Hence why I asked in my previous post. Amyway... I'll show what I'm looking at:

The rate of fire for great crossbow I have is 80* shots per 60s. Repeaters do 54 volleys per 60s. At ~4 bolts per volley (repeater) and 1.4 bolts per shot (great crossbow) that comes out to:

216 vs 112 bolts per minute

Am not concerned about threat changes / vorpal knockdown / some sneak attack when I'm getting almost double the hits
« Last Edit: May 25th, 2015 at 1:00pm by WonderfulFoppyBint »  

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #45 - May 25th, 2015 at 12:59pm
Print Post  
Vendui wrote on May 25th, 2015 at 11:37am:
Oh, you want me to calculate blitz into this as well.. are you fucking retarded?

No. Was more hoping for an oranges to oranges comparison. Have you bruntsmashed a Great Crossbow?
« Last Edit: May 25th, 2015 at 12:59pm by WonderfulFoppyBint »  

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #46 - May 25th, 2015 at 1:03pm
Print Post  
Hag Master wrote on May 24th, 2015 at 7:57pm:
Clearly you don't like facts, or anyone disagreeing with you, but thanks for admitting to it publicly.

Thanks for all the ad hominem yourself. Go rage in a smaller place on the internet. If your posts convince me of anything I'll let ya know
« Last Edit: May 25th, 2015 at 1:12pm by WonderfulFoppyBint »  

IP Logged

Biscuit
Ex Member

Reply #47 - May 25th, 2015 at 2:50pm
Print Post  

lol killer  Grin

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #48 - May 25th, 2015 at 3:19pm
Print Post  
recorded a video of Bacardi, he had 86 bolts per minute

so 120.4 bolts per minute assuming 40% double shot

repeater 27 volleys per 30s, so 216 bolts per minute

216/120.4 = 1.794

so a great crossbow has to do 80% more damage per bolt than a repeater to come out even with it.

Am I wrong to dismiss that possibility out of hand?
will do and post all math later to verify
« Last Edit: May 25th, 2015 at 3:33pm by WonderfulFoppyBint »  

IP Logged

Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Dare to tempt your fates?
Everything has a price.

Reply #49 - May 25th, 2015 at 3:59pm
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on May 25th, 2015 at 12:57pm:
Oli would you humor me---what is the rate of fire on a great crossbow? Maybe I missed a thread with that info in here, I don't have a repeater build atm or I would check the rate of fire on a Great Crossbow. Hence why I asked in my previous post. Amyway... I'll show what I'm looking at:

The rate of fire for great crossbow I have is 80* shots per 60s. Repeaters do 54 volleys per 60s. At ~4 bolts per volley (repeater) and 1.4 bolts per shot (great crossbow) that comes out to:

216 vs 112 bolts per minute

Am not concerned about threat changes / vorpal knockdown / some sneak attack when I'm getting almost double the hits

Edit: Text in Red - Dont account for doubleshot. At least not to start. Ill add it below if you desire however

Alright, your getting 80 shots per minute on Gbow, and 54 volleys (54*3=162) shots per minute on a repeater. Lets Math

Assuming both bows are exactly the same, just ones a repeater (heavy) and the others a gbow.. Greensteel blanks work for this.

Full Mechanic tree gives: (Assuming lvl 20 rogue)

Sharpshooter - +7 dmg to Repeaters, +14 to Gbows + 5d6 SA
Sniper - 1d6 SA to repeaters, 2d6 SA + 1W to Gbows
Expert Builder - +1 Crit Multi for repeaters, +2 for Gbows
Hipflask - +1 Repeaters, +2 Gbows + 2d6 SA

Base 10d6 SA from rogue levels

Heavy GS Repeater - 1.50 [1d10] + 5

Adding in the above to repeater equation we get: 1.50[1d10] +13 +11d6SA

Comes to: 15-28 + 11-66 SA

Due to the volley, this comes to 45-84.

Greatbow - 1.50 [2d8] + 5

Once again, add from above: 2.50 [2d8] + 21 + 19d6 SA

Comes to: 26-41 + 19-114 SA

With the numbers youve given on shots per minute:

Repeaters - 162(15-28) = 2430-4536

Gbows - 80(26-41) = 2080-3280

These numbers assume absolutly no crits and no Sneak attacks.

Now lets account for Crits, with the same shots per minute. Gbow has a 18-20, Repeater 19-20 assuming you took the feat we get 15-20(30%) on Gbow, and 17-20(20%) on Repeater.

80*30%= 24 of the 80 shots crit on Gbow

162*20%=32.4 of the 162 shots crit on Repeater

Repeaters new min-max: 3420-6384

Gbows new min-max: 3952-6232

So as you can see, the greatbows low-end dmg now exceeds that of the repeater, even with repeaters doing twice as manyshots. Repeater top end dmg however is currently better, but not by much. Now lets run the numbers for Sneak attacks, without crits.

There are many skills and passives that improve the chance to land sneak attacks, so we will assume they all land as SA.

26-94 dmg on repeaters

45-155 dmg on Gbows

Over the 80 shots on Gbow: 3600-12400

162 Shots on Repeater: 4212-15228

Including Crits + SA, we get:

Gbows: 6840-23560

Repeaters: 5928-21432

So, as you can see.. In the end, Greatbows are still better unless you can negate all Crits and Sneak Attack dmg. This is just Base dmg as well, effects that have on crit will favor the greatbow more, naturally, since it crits more.

« Last Edit: May 25th, 2015 at 4:08pm by Vendui »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Send TopicPrint