Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Build Request Sorc/Wiz/FvS (Read 3660 times)
Glaba
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Build Request Sorc/Wiz/FvS
Jan 7th, 2016 at 4:53pm
Print Post  
Hiya All !!

I am doing som Tr:s as a Sorcerer and would like to try something "new". (Apart from Pure Sorcs which I have done).

I have seen some Sorc/Pal, Sorc/Fvs/Pal and Sorc/Wiz/Monk.

Have in mind that this build is only for L1-20 so no Epic:ness required. Sorc should be the "dominant" class since thats the previous life I am after.

My idea is ofc to try and use FvS enhancements for Fire/Impulse with Wizards SLA MM:s and Arcanes SLAs and also Sorcerers Fire spells.

My question is what order to take class levels in, any special feats to consider other that the typical.

I have seen Sorc10/Wiz6/FvS4 but have no clue how it was put togheter or in what (class) order.

Thanks !

BR Glaba

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Re: Build Request Sorc/Wiz/FvS
Reply #1 - Jan 7th, 2016 at 7:55pm
Print Post  
Make a Sorc/Art/Din, just so you can call it a sardine. Squishy, and packaged in a tin.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Glaba
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Jan 7th, 2016 at 8:12pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Jan 7th, 2016 at 7:55pm:
Make a Sorc/Art/Din, just so you can call it a sardine. Squishy, and packaged in a tin.

Whats a "Din" ? Pala-"Din" ?

Cmon give me the blueprint for this build now !!! Smiley

Help a poor Camel and be rewarded in Lammania !!

BR Glaba

IP Logged

SpaceGoat
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Jan 7th, 2016 at 9:32pm
Print Post  
Glaba wrote on Jan 7th, 2016 at 4:53pm:
Hiya All !!

I am doing som Tr:s as a Sorcerer and would like to try something "new". (Apart from Pure Sorcs which I have done).

I have seen some Sorc/Pal, Sorc/Fvs/Pal and Sorc/Wiz/Monk.

Have in mind that this build is only for L1-20 so no Epic:ness required. Sorc should be the "dominant" class since thats the previous life I am after.

My idea is ofc to try and use FvS enhancements for Fire/Impulse with Wizards SLA MM:s and Arcanes SLAs and also Sorcerers Fire spells.

My question is what order to take class levels in, any special feats to consider other that the typical.

I have seen Sorc10/Wiz6/FvS4 but have no clue how it was put togheter or in what (class) order.

Thanks !

BR Glaba

Here is the thing, pure sorc in heroics is so much better then sorc splashes. That said, you can try a something like a sorc/paladin/monk 2handed weapons melee. It's just not as good.
MM suck in heroic.

You can go X artificer Y sorc and use repeaters
Or X rogue and y sorc and use crossbows

Or 1 barb 19 sorc and just TR faster then pure sorc.

You can go druid x sorc y
Warlock x sorc y

The list is endless, just realise that sorcs don't add very much to augment other classes, which can't be done better via another splash.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #4 - Jan 7th, 2016 at 9:32pm
Print Post  
Sorc and FVS have insane synergy.

IP Logged

Glaba
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Jan 8th, 2016 at 6:25am
Print Post  
SpaceGoat wrote on Jan 7th, 2016 at 9:32pm:
MM suck in heroic.

Ok, but do they work in Epics then? And if so, why? (MM Spammers)

SpaceGoat wrote on Jan 7th, 2016 at 9:32pm:
The list is endless, just realise that sorcs don't add very much to augment other classes, which can't be done better via another splash.

I was rather looking for another class to spell-augment Sorcerer.
It is true that they work very nice as pure, I was just after doing two pure sorcs looking to see if I could have "fun" doing a multiclass with Fvs and Wiz something like the "Toaster Of Revenge" etc.
This will be my last (and 3:rd sorcerer life) on this "Arcane Toon" to be.

BR Glaba

IP Logged

Glaba
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Jan 8th, 2016 at 6:31am
Print Post  
[] wrote on Jan 7th, 2016 at 9:32pm:
Sorc and FVS have insane synergy.

Could You elaborate on that? Smiley

I have found the enhancements that gives extra spell power for Fire/Impulse and extra spell points for Fire/Impulse crits.
Also the Fire/Impulse crit + enhancements.

What other synergy's do they have ?

Do You agree that MM Spamming is useless in heroics?
Sorc/Wiz/FvS with attempts for MM SLAs and Arcane bolts are gimp:ish ?

BR Glaba

IP Logged

string table error, tableDID
Stormreaver Piker

ah......fresh meat

Reply #7 - Jan 8th, 2016 at 7:42am
Print Post  
Glaba wrote on Jan 8th, 2016 at 6:31am:

I have found the enhancements that gives extra spell power for Fire/Impulse and extra spell points for Fire/Impulse crits.

BR Glaba

Scourge: Whenever you cast a Fire, Force, Light, or Physical damage spell, you gain +3 to your Fire, Force, Light, or Physical Spell Power for 6 seconds. This stacks up to 3/6/10 times > soul gets the archon and a sorc can cast fire SLA for cheap, so this bonus aplies all the time

Intense Faith: Your Fire, Force, Light, and Physical damage spells are cast at +1/+2/+3 caster level > useful for a multiclass build

Empyrean Magic: Passive Bonus: Whenever you cast a fire, light, or healing spell you gain a stack of Empyrean Fervor. Each stack of Empyrean Fervor gives you +2 Sacred bonus to Universal Spell power, +1% Sacred Bonus to Critical Chance with all spells. Duration: 10 seconds. Stacks 10 times. > you can twist this and the souls archon and the sorcs fire SLAs charges it up
Some more stuff I just can't remember
« Last Edit: Jan 8th, 2016 at 7:43am by string table error, tableDID »  

You can't win the Vault, you can only make a fool of yourself and be added to my ignore script. Hi Welcome

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #8 - Jan 8th, 2016 at 9:26am
Print Post  
Glaba wrote on Jan 8th, 2016 at 6:31am:

BR Glaba

I'm thinking EE/Legendary content: if you're not building for the hardest content, you're doing it wrong.  The Wiz/Sorc/FVS combo may have the best arcane DPS, however, you're sacrificing survivability for that shit.  Bladeforged Sorc/FVS/Paladin (CHA build, CON second priority): the sacred defender tree offers INSANE saves, AC, PRR, MRR, movement speed, and spell resistance bonuses IN ADDITION to the bonuses you get from divine grace, and from the construct racial tree (go for the low hanging fruit: spend no more than 10-12 AP in the construct tree to get the core abilities + communion of scribing [reconstruct SLA] and take a second look at it if you have a random number of AP left over). 

While lower in overall DPS, this build is FAR more survivable in exceedingly hostile environments than all other arcanes.  There comes a point where you HAVE to pump something into your ability to stay alive because, remember: your DPS is 0 when you're dead.

4x smiting, just reward, angelic resistance, scourge, spell power boost, and efficient metamagic from angel of vengence; take two tiers of intense faith for extra chain missles.  The gay parade begins when you realize you have to take eldrich knight to boost your force spell power by up to 50% (40% recommended): normally, all the shit you have to take to get there is a fucking waste of AP, however, if you focus on the defensive stuff, you can add BIG survivability advantages to those you already gained from sacred defender: mage armor, toughness, improved shield, shield training (I know, tower shield sorc is old school, but the shit works; besides, you'll only need once scepter anyways since you'll be good for absolutely nothing but force and reconstruct spells), wand and scroll mastery (only if you plan to capitalize on your CHA by investing in UMD), arcane barrier, elemental resistance, and CHA +1; you definitely want to find some way to spend 20 points to get that 4th +10% to force spell power; between that and 4x smiting, you should be able to toggle magic missles, chain missiles, force missiles, and nimbus of light (don't underestimate it when your force line is jacked up) for considerable damage, though not "best in game." Your survivability, on the other hand, will be the very best in game for an arcane.

12 Sorc 4 fvs 4 pal bladeforge: the closest thing to immortality an arcane build can achieve. 

PRO TIP: with that build, you can fucking melee at lower levels (eldrich knight) and out kill people who are building real melees, then change your enhancements as your plethora of force spells come on-line as you level up.

You'll be running shiradi, which will further boost spell power and elemental resistance; feel free to twist sacred defender shit for more survivability: you'll be the tankiest, self-healing, arcane DPS machine out there.
« Last Edit: Jan 8th, 2016 at 10:46am by [] »  

IP Logged

DoRayEgon
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Jan 8th, 2016 at 12:13pm
Print Post  
[] wrote on Jan 8th, 2016 at 9:26am:
I'm thinking EE/Legendary content: if you're not building for the hardest content, you're doing it wrong.  The Wiz/Sorc/FVS combo may have the best arcane DPS, however, you're sacrificing survivability for that shit.  Bladeforged Sorc/FVS/Paladin (CHA build, CON second priority): the sacred defender tree offers INSANE saves, AC, PRR, MRR, movement speed, and spell resistance bonuses IN ADDITION to the bonuses you get from divine grace, and from the construct racial tree (go for the low hanging fruit: spend no more than 10-12 AP in the construct tree to get the core abilities + communion of scribing [reconstruct SLA] and take a second look at it if you have a random number of AP left over). 

While lower in overall DPS, this build is FAR more survivable in exceedingly hostile environments than all other arcanes.  There comes a point where you HAVE to pump something into your ability to stay alive because, remember: your DPS is 0 when you're dead.

I can vouch for the Defender stance and even up to 11 or 12 pts for 10%/15% hit points, but going 21 pts in Sacred Defender for movement speed seems like a big DPS suck.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Jan 8th, 2016 at 1:03pm
Print Post  
Glaba wrote on Jan 8th, 2016 at 6:25am:
Ok, but do they work in Epics then? And if so, why?

shiradi. mm spamming in heroics does not have access to the shiradi epic destiny. like others said above : pure or 18/x sorc is miles ahead and DC/SR can actually land well in heroics without infi past lives(mostly).

You don't want to play goldie's build in heroics for quick past life and tr. The fun comes at 20+

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #11 - Jan 8th, 2016 at 1:57pm
Print Post  
Sorc16/FvS3/Wiz1

Primary Element: Fire
Secondary Element: Force
Tertiary Element: Cold

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #12 - Jan 8th, 2016 at 3:06pm
Print Post  
DoRayEgon wrote on Jan 8th, 2016 at 12:13pm:
I can vouch for the Defender stance and even up to 11 or 12 pts for 10%/15% hit points, but going 21 pts in Sacred Defender for movement speed seems like a big DPS suck.

You're actually not giving up much for it (2% crit, 10 USP), and the whole point is to trade some DPS for max survivability for when the going gets rough.  Also, my bad, nimbus of light is not force; it's radiance.  I get them confused because every FVS modifier to force also affects radiance: sorry.
« Last Edit: Jan 8th, 2016 at 3:06pm by [] »  

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #13 - Jan 8th, 2016 at 8:44pm
Print Post  
Glaba wrote on Jan 7th, 2016 at 8:12pm:
Cmon give me the blueprint for this build now !!!

Anyone can come up with the details to fill out this bad idea.

Suggestions:
  • Take paladin at level one, in order to minimize your skill points.
  • Utilize Earth Savant tree in order to minimize the effectiveness of Arcanotech SLAs.
  • Use Arcanotech SLAs. Especially the admixture core ability.
  • Be WF, for maximum spell failure chance.
  • Be sure to invest AP in those juicy action boosts to attack bonus.
  • Use the Pally Defender Stance to increase your melee threat.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #14 - Jan 9th, 2016 at 11:04am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Jan 8th, 2016 at 8:44pm:
Anyone can come up with the details to fill out this bad idea.

Suggestions:
  • Take paladin at level one, in order to minimize your skill points.
  • Utilize Earth Savant tree in order to minimize the effectiveness of Arcanotech SLAs.
  • Use Arcanotech SLAs. Especially the admixture core ability.
  • Be WF, for maximum spell failure chance.
  • Be sure to invest AP in those juicy action boosts to attack bonus.
  • Use the Pally Defender Stance to increase your melee threat.

lol

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Forest
Ex Member

Reply #15 - Jan 9th, 2016 at 2:16pm
Print Post  
Do you have a stock pile of anniversary pots?

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #16 - Jan 10th, 2016 at 6:17pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Do you have a stock pile of anniversary pots?

Shut the fuck up, ratboy, nobody cares for your chirping.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint