Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) What do ranged toons pick for level 26 feat? (Read 9568 times)
Galadriel
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Re: What do ranged toons pick for level 26 feat?
Reply #25 - Feb 22nd, 2016 at 6:33am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Feb 22nd, 2016 at 2:47am:
for devil content. maybe from aa tree giving element arrows scaling w spell power and this way is easier to focus on a single spell power.

Point is that Electric, Acid, Fire, Cold and Force arrows all scale with spell power and Force arrows also get additional dice when taking Elemental Damage. Difference comes in just the dice: 9d6 + scaling Force Burst vs 7d8 + Vulnerable on critical or 9d8. This is all assuming you take T5 AA instead of T5 DWS.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #26 - Feb 22nd, 2016 at 1:05pm
Print Post  
Galadriel wrote on Feb 22nd, 2016 at 6:33am:
9d6 + scaling Force Burst vs 7d8 + Vulnerable on critical

doesnt elemental burst come with shock?

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #27 - Feb 22nd, 2016 at 3:07pm
Print Post  
Dunno, elemental damage never looked like it was worth it to me. I mean shock or acid is nice for effects on bosses but for trash I'd almost always use paralyze.
But I run my munchkin in Fury so the damage is super fucking spiky ( from 150 damage to 80k damage lol ).
Maybe it's worth for LD builds with constant okay RP ?

IP Logged

Forest
Ex Member

Reply #28 - Feb 22nd, 2016 at 3:35pm
Print Post  
Posi power, or Guardian angel.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #29 - Feb 22nd, 2016 at 3:45pm
Print Post  
mass frog

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Flipton
Ex Member

Reply #30 - Feb 22nd, 2016 at 4:15pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Feb 22nd, 2016 at 3:45pm:
mass frog

LOLOL  Although it has a interesting bug with a 5 piece set on lamma.  Smiley

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #31 - Feb 22nd, 2016 at 9:20pm
Print Post  
Quote:
LOLOL  Although it has a interesting bug with a 5 piece set on lamma.  Smiley

What kind of faggot types like this?  Trying desperately to sound relevant by talking shop 3 different ways (bug, lamma, set bonus) in response to a trival attempt at humor?  Can you imagine this total mongler speaking this way IRL?  He prolly does; this is what makes ordinary gay people faggots.  Not all gays are faggots, though all faggots are gay; this faggot is a complete and utter cock mongler extraoridnaire.

You suck Remi, really, you do; literally: blowjobs.

Cheesy

IP Logged

Galadriel
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #32 - Feb 23rd, 2016 at 12:40am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Feb 22nd, 2016 at 1:05pm:
doesnt elemental burst come with shock?

Yeah, they do. Forgot about it sorry Embarrassed

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #33 - Feb 24th, 2016 at 11:41am
Print Post  
Galadriel wrote on Feb 22nd, 2016 at 6:33am:
Point is that Electric, Acid, Fire, Cold and Force arrows all scale with spell power and Force arrows also get additional dice when taking Elemental Damage. Difference comes in just the dice: 9d6 + scaling Force Burst vs 7d8 + Vulnerable on critical or 9d8. This is all assuming you take T5 AA instead of T5 DWS.

It costs 6 extra AP (rather, takes 6 AP away from other goodies in that tree), force spellpower is harder to slot, and doesn't synergize with any scion feat.

This is from my experience as a shuriken chucker. AA up to tier 4. Offhand energized ToEE caster weapon (no force equivalent). Scion of Air at 30 for the synergy.

Force arrows might be more attractive on a different build/style, but I'm not seeing it.

Wipe wrote on Feb 22nd, 2016 at 3:07pm:
Dunno, elemental damage never looked like it was worth it to me. I mean shock or acid is nice for effects on bosses but for trash I'd almost always use paralyze.

Elemental arrows is hundreds of extra damage per attack without even trying to max out spellpower. Why bother paralyzing?
« Last Edit: Feb 24th, 2016 at 6:35pm by 5 Foot Step »  

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #34 - Feb 24th, 2016 at 12:55pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Feb 24th, 2016 at 11:41am:
It costs 6 extra AP (rather, takes 6 AP away from other goodies in that tree), force spellpower is harder to slot, and doesn't synergize with any scion feat.

This is from my experience as a shuriken chucker. AA up to tier 4. Offhand energized ToEE caster weapon (no force equivalent). Scion of Air at 20 for the synergy.

Force arrows might be more attractive on a different build/style, but I'm not seeing it.

Elemental arrows is hundreds of extra damage per attack without even trying to max out spellpower. Why bother paralyzing?

I agree with almost all of this. I just specced out of paralyzing build and the only time paralyzing is really that great is solo'ing or LE content where you get one shot and you're tired of it. I 100% agree with caster version ToEE offhand.

I do like having Force arrows though since there's plenty of stuff that takes Force damage but not electric. I would say it's a nice to have, not a must have. It is much harder to slot the spell power, though the easy solution to that is to have a Force Spell power augmented shuriken to swap to for baddies you want Force procs on (assuming you have mats for another TF weapon).

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #35 - Feb 24th, 2016 at 1:12pm
Print Post  
con or insightful con
of spellpower rings (for non-shuri throwers)
fit a lot of my ranged gear-set-ups ATM
I'm spending 12AP in AA for ~100 electric damage per hit

am trying out a repeater / bow pure ranger

seems decent

breaking 330 RP during a manyshot

124 stable hide or something

am still using dragon masque
« Last Edit: Feb 24th, 2016 at 1:14pm by WonderfulFoppyBint »  

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #36 - Feb 24th, 2016 at 6:06pm
Print Post  

This is from my experience as a shuriken chucker. AA up to tier 4. Offhand energized ToEE caster weapon (no force equivalent). Scion of Air at 20 for the synergy.

One correction and one suggestion.

Correction:  Scion of Arborea synergizes with Force imbued shurikens nicely.  It gives +20 Ranged Power, +20 Force Spell Power and +20 Universal Spell Power.

Suggestion:  For slotting force spellpower, find a level appropriate RNG shortsword or kama with force and insightful force spellpower instead of the ToEE offhander.   The insightful power bonus somewhat makes up for the loss of the ToEE set bonus.  You can pickup 200+ force spellpower in one item that way.
« Last Edit: Feb 24th, 2016 at 6:07pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #37 - Feb 24th, 2016 at 6:35pm
Print Post  
Arborea is one of the best choices and was my first instinctual choice that I tested (pretty sure it is still listed on my shuri build thread.) But to max out DPS you need a high spellpower of some sort. When you already have to do that, adding another effect that scales with spellpower is clearly better because synergy. Of those Scion feats, air is the best choice, both because electric is the most effective energy type in the current metagame and because the secondary perk of it is the most useful (+4% dodge = 4% less oneshot deaths.)

There is not electric resistant mobs that the 100s of proc damage is not going to penetrate. If you are specifically going to do electric immune heavy quests (Demon Assault maybe?) you can always respec AA to acid just for that quest and carry a corrosion item backup. It's not optimal for that quest since you can't swap the 2 feats as easily, but you'll get the job done. It's not like Demon Assault is the majority of our endgame.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #38 - Feb 24th, 2016 at 9:13pm
Print Post  
Another proc effect is only "clearly" better if it is noticeably more dmg per shot than the extra damage you gain on base attacks, crits and sneak attacks from the 20 ranged power in Arborea.  2d20 scaled by 350ish spellpower is what?  7d70?  Averages out to approximately 38 extra damage per shot.

20 ranged power seems to make roughly a 15 point difference on base damage with a tier 3 TF shuriken.  it makes about the same 15 point difference to sneak attack damage in my current, semi-low sneak attack build.  Add in the increase to crit damage and it seems pretty close.

Scion of Air and electric imbue might be the best from a min/max standpoint, but I think Arobrea synergizes nicely enough with force imbues that it's a pretty decent alternative.  Either one should make someone who runs a build like this very happy.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #39 - Feb 24th, 2016 at 10:27pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Feb 24th, 2016 at 6:35pm:
It's not like Demon Assault is the majority of our endgame.

actually is quite a good chunk tho. Amrath pack is like 1/3rd of end game

IP Logged

Galadriel
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #40 - Feb 25th, 2016 at 1:18am
Print Post  

This is from my experience as a shuriken chucker. AA up to tier 4. Offhand energized ToEE caster weapon (no force equivalent). Scion of Air at 30 for the synergy.

For a star chucker, I can see the benefits of Electric and +2 Dex over Force. For an xbow/bow user, the Dex isn't that great.

This is what my AA uses in her AA Tree:

Enhancement: Arcane Archer (Rgr) - Arcane Arccher (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Arcane Archer (Rgr) - Morphic Arrows (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Arcane Archer (Rgr) - Conjure Arrows (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Arcane Archer (Rgr) - Energy of the Wild (Rank 3)
Enhancement: Arcane Archer (Rgr) - Shock Arrows (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Arcane Archer (Rgr) - Elemental Damage (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Arcane Archer (Rgr) - Awareness (Rank 3)
Enhancement: Arcane Archer (Rgr) - Force Arrows (Rank 3)

Toss in a Potency item along with a Force spec item and you are good to swap to electric or force on the go. If I really want to nit-pick, can always toss out conjure arrows and just use flame arrows scrolls/wand but not that much of a fan.

I can't see it being that much different for an xbow user as well.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #41 - Feb 25th, 2016 at 11:56am
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Feb 24th, 2016 at 9:13pm:
Another proc effect is only "clearly" better if it is noticeably more dmg per shot than the extra damage you gain on base attacks, crits and sneak attacks from the 20 ranged power in Arborea.  2d20 scaled by 350ish spellpower is what?  7d70?  Averages out to approximately 38 extra damage per shot.

20 ranged power seems to make roughly a 15 point difference on base damage with a tier 3 TF shuriken.  it makes about the same 15 point difference to sneak attack damage in my current, semi-low sneak attack build.  Add in the increase to crit damage and it seems pretty close.

Scion of Air and electric imbue might be the best from a min/max standpoint, but I think Arobrea synergizes nicely enough with force imbues that it's a pretty decent alternative.  Either one should make someone who runs a build like this very happy.

It would be very nice if you didn't have to sink the points in elemental arrows and wear the ToEE set anyway.

Rubbinns wrote on Feb 24th, 2016 at 10:27pm:
actually is quite a good chunk tho. Amrath pack is like 1/3rd of end game

Hezrou, Jarilith, and Blue Abishai.
« Last Edit: Feb 25th, 2016 at 11:57am by 5 Foot Step »  

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Sailias
Dragon Raider

Reply #42 - Feb 25th, 2016 at 12:02pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Feb 19th, 2016 at 4:44pm:
thx. will swap out for it today.

Confirmed - swap your weapons if the feat drops. I noticed it dropping when swapping to scrolls. Check your weapon's damage types if you're not sure.

monk changes 2016 for president

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #43 - Feb 25th, 2016 at 2:15pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Feb 25th, 2016 at 11:56am:
Hezrou, Jarilith, and Blue Abishai.

sorjek and portals.

resistant to : ooze, iron and clay golems(all also to force).

are the abishai executioners and soul eaters resistant or immune? what of erinyes? the rakasha in shroud? codex? gnolls? slaad? wiki is weaksauce with it

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #44 - Feb 25th, 2016 at 3:53pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Feb 25th, 2016 at 2:15pm:
sorjek and portals.

You got me on Sorjek. He matters. Portals, not so much.

resistant to : ooze, iron and clay golems(all also to force).

These don't matter.

are the abishai executioners and soul eaters resistant or immune? what of erinyes?

Immune to fire.

the rakasha in shroud? codex? gnolls?

Not immune.

slaad?

Immune to sonic.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #45 - Feb 25th, 2016 at 6:55pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Feb 25th, 2016 at 3:53pm:
Not immune.

resistant?
Immune to sonic.

ty. but are they resistant? maybe the blue ones?

IP Logged

Forest
Ex Member

Reply #46 - Feb 25th, 2016 at 10:02pm
Print Post  
Immune to sonic.

Sad to hear that.   See what I did there?

IP Logged

nagus
Ex Member

Reply #47 - Feb 25th, 2016 at 10:49pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Feb 22nd, 2016 at 3:45pm:
mass frog

The Gnome chef.
« Last Edit: Feb 25th, 2016 at 10:49pm by »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint