Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Eternal coffee (Read 10745 times)
m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Eternal coffee
Mar 16th, 2016 at 6:57am
Print Post  
I bought one but not an arti toon atm.

Anyone can konfirm if the rune arm charge rate is indeed boosted properly?

Ye, the only reason i bought it. Cheesy

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

Bones
Stormreaver Piker

Re: Eternal coffee
Reply #1 - Mar 16th, 2016 at 11:06am
Print Post  
Yes, I can cumfirm that the Rune Arm can achieve orgasm faster while under the effects of Steel's Viagfee.
« Last Edit: Mar 16th, 2016 at 11:20am by Bones »  

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #2 - Mar 16th, 2016 at 12:22pm
Print Post  
I'm trying to decide if its worth grinding out 80 party favors... I hate this, if I don't get it now it'll be gone forever at the end of the month.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #3 - Mar 16th, 2016 at 12:36pm
Print Post  
I'm in the same boat. Arti is my favorite flavor class, and maybe the game will last long enough for them to get a pass and not suck, so should I endure a dozen or more runs of an eye bleedingly crappy quest to get one in case I hold out long enough to see it happen?

Grinding even just 4 runs to get the ML10 boots to pass aound for Fleshmakers sucked, the flask is 4 times as many favors  Angry

Plus, will a spiteful SeverancePay nerf it after the event if SteelyDan's arti starts besting him in the kill count in their monthly hour of play?

Screw these tough decisions.

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

fork
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Mar 16th, 2016 at 12:42pm
Print Post  
Even on a pure arti with a good rune arm, does it really matter that much?

IP Logged

Bones
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #5 - Mar 16th, 2016 at 12:49pm
Print Post  
If you're hanging out in the hopes for an Arti pass, then simply why not? Imagine combining this with the enhancements and Machination of Madness

I'd really like to see how that looks, but I'm obviously not gonna be investing into many Arti levels til they get their pass... And of course, assuming the pass is done properly... *shrug*
« Last Edit: Mar 16th, 2016 at 12:53pm by Bones »  

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #6 - Mar 16th, 2016 at 1:52pm
Print Post  
The fact it is  BTC is annoying, however, since i have only 2-3 main toons (ok 4-5 with the doualboxer acc S: ) I prolly get it.

Btw the quest is pretty fast with 2+ ppl. one to do the optionals and another guy to focus on main quest. That is like 3-5 minutes overall.

Maybe I will post some on the weekend in lfm and see what   happens.

What other items would u recommend btw?

I think no worries and the thick skin suck at any lvl.

So that leaves the weapons ( i think they suck too, except broccoli for legendary shroud which is dead now thx to dupe:S ) and the boots/fists.

thinking on ml 10 boots and since i got mythic emerald gays for +4 ins str, maybe skip lvl 25 boots and go for the 20 and maybe 30 (not sure about 30).

The fists is not really a big deal, prolly the lvl 20 and 30 are ok, the rest meh.

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

Gringo
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Mar 16th, 2016 at 2:14pm
Print Post  
its fast even solo - i rolled lvl 7 swashbuckler, gave him just chronogear and ml5 kookie kutter and was able to solo it in 5 mins

but its still boring like hell

IP Logged

crunch
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #8 - Mar 16th, 2016 at 2:30pm
Print Post  
Gringo wrote on Mar 16th, 2016 at 2:14pm:
its fast even solo - i rolled lvl 7 swashbuckler, gave him just chronogear and ml5 kookie kutter and was able to solo it in 5 mins

But probably not at +5 CR and with all bosses, or?

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #9 - Mar 16th, 2016 at 3:35pm
Print Post  
IMO if you're on the edge about the grind, go with not bothering and telling them so. It's unlikely to change anything but it *might*. If you just suck it up and grind it out anyway they continue to have data to prove nothing is wrong with the levels of grind.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #10 - Mar 16th, 2016 at 4:24pm
Print Post  
kum-gulp wrote on Mar 16th, 2016 at 3:35pm:
IMO if you're on the edge about the grind, go with not bothering and telling them so. It's unlikely to change anything but it *might*. If you just suck it up and grind it out anyway they continue to have data to prove nothing is wrong with the levels of grind.

I like your approach, too bad I been banned from the motherboards Tongue Also, any complaints about the game being "too grindy" are instantly and catastrophically ground out by turdbin fanbois screaming about how the grind is fine and the game isn't nearly hard enough so please take away the things we've ground for and replace them with more grind.

As for me, I, too, am severely on the fence... I ground out lvl 10 boots and lvl 15 gloves and can't bring myself to go back. But if I don't get that flask I'll never have one and it will be gone forever. Augh!

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Bones
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #11 - Mar 16th, 2016 at 4:38pm
Print Post  
Look, I'm not a fan boy, far from it, however, I don't see what's so "grindy" about it. 8 favors per run, that's 10 runs for the flask. I haven't clocked myself, but I think my fastest run at cr 35 was about 6 minutes? so, around an hour for the flask?

What am I missing? Raid items can take a long time to get, not this shit.  Huh
« Last Edit: Mar 16th, 2016 at 4:42pm by Bones »  

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Mar 16th, 2016 at 5:01pm
Print Post  
Bones wrote on Mar 16th, 2016 at 11:06am:
Yes, I can cumfirm that the Rune Arm can achieve orgasm faster while under the effects of Steel's Viagfee.

It makes the Machine of madness a sweet deal.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #13 - Mar 16th, 2016 at 5:21pm
Print Post  
Grand wrote on Mar 16th, 2016 at 5:01pm:
It makes the Machine of madness a sweet deal.

Aren't we assuming it will stack? Plus, the nerf question is legit, Imo. The number of people it screws will be tiny. Ordinarily, not enough to keep Sev fluffed, but since Steel likes arties, the disappointment on Steel's face could get Sev hard enough for a full "game balance" release.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Bones
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #14 - Mar 16th, 2016 at 5:28pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Mar 16th, 2016 at 5:21pm:
Aren't we assuming it will stack?

It theoretically should. The bonus on the flask is labeled as a "Festive" bonus, while the Rune Arm itself is an "Enhancement" bonus.

IP Logged

poker
Ex Member

Reply #15 - Mar 16th, 2016 at 5:41pm
Print Post  
Currently they do stack with each other and the BE enhancements.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #16 - Mar 16th, 2016 at 5:55pm
Print Post  
m4lacka wrote on Mar 16th, 2016 at 1:52pm:
The fact it is  BTC is annoying, however, since i have only 2-3 main toons (ok 4-5 with the doualboxer acc S: ) I prolly get it.

Btw the quest is pretty fast with 2+ ppl. one to do the optionals and another guy to focus on main quest. That is like 3-5 minutes overall.

Maybe I will post some on the weekend in lfm and see what   happens.

What other items would u recommend btw?

I think no worries and the thick skin suck at any lvl.

So that leaves the weapons ( i think they suck too, except broccoli for legendary shroud which is dead now thx to dupe:S ) and the boots/fists.

thinking on ml 10 boots and since i got mythic emerald gays for +4 ins str, maybe skip lvl 25 boots and go for the 20 and maybe 30 (not sure about 30).

The fists is not really a big deal, prolly the lvl 20 and 30 are ok, the rest meh.

Wait, it's BTC?! I thought it was BTA like the boots and stuff! Well that will save me a ton of grinding, I most certainly do not find it worth the grind for a BTC item  Cry

But boy am I glad I found that out now and not after the grind, that would have really sucked.

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #17 - Mar 16th, 2016 at 6:44pm
Print Post  
I'm probably going to switch back to Bladeforged Juggernaut next life and do a series of ETRs.... I'mma want the flask. Fuck.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - Mar 17th, 2016 at 1:12am
Print Post  
Bones wrote on Mar 16th, 2016 at 12:49pm:
I'd really like to see how that looks, but I'm obviously not gonna be investing into many Arti levels til they get their pass... And of course, assuming the pass is done properly... *shrug*

So, never?
*shrug* indeed.  I wasn't too upset about the U30 Arti changes.  A pile of electric spell power and a few more points in evo DC isn't a bad thing after all.  But it didn't go a long way towards making Artificers valid in epic content.  So good, and far better than nothing, but still not enough.

They do seem to be aware, in some kind of hindbrain way, that casters need help.  The last few updates have shown that.  And while I can almost understand their decision to go slowly I'd prefer that they understood their game mechanics well enough that going slowly wasn't how they were forced to proceed in order to avoid swinging the pendulum too far in the other direction and having to reverse themselves.

As far as the coffee goes, something with a 90 second duration which has fairly severe penalties on expiration even if you can just click it again is a bad item.  It makes for a click fest, in a game where many classes already have a click fest rotation imposed on them.
« Last Edit: Mar 17th, 2016 at 1:14am by Frank »  

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Mar 17th, 2016 at 1:23am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Mar 16th, 2016 at 12:22pm:
I'm trying to decide if its worth grinding out 80 party favors... I hate this, if I don't get it now it'll be gone forever at the end of the month.

I don't know about that.  I think that they will bring it back, if only because they spent time developing it and it will be seen by some as a welcome event for them to blend in.  And as events goes it has the only loot table which actually goes to 11 30.

I'm looking at the level 15 boots since that's appropriate for H Fleshmakers, and the ooze club.  The purple augment slot and BtA status makes that worthwhile.  The rest do not appeal much, although if I go crazy the flask and the tin foil hat are options.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #20 - Mar 17th, 2016 at 6:07am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Mar 17th, 2016 at 1:23am:
And as events goes it has the only loot table which actually goes to 11 30.

Smiley
Love that movie, if lag persists this weekend maybe I'll rewatch that again.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #21 - Mar 17th, 2016 at 6:46am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Mar 17th, 2016 at 1:12am:
As far as the coffee goes, something with a 90 second duration which has fairly severe penalties on expiration even if you can just click it again is a bad item.  It makes for a click fest, in a game where many classes already have a click fest rotation imposed on them.

This is an excellent point. I bet the devs don't care if it's a worthwhile item. They seemed much more interested in putting their names on shit.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Reply #22 - Mar 17th, 2016 at 7:01am
Print Post  
Is the tin foil hat worth a shit aside from alchemical crafting?

Welcome to your sexually transmitted death sentence served in a shit-machine meat suit.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #23 - Mar 17th, 2016 at 7:06am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Mar 17th, 2016 at 6:46am:
This is an excellent point. I bet the devs don't care if it's a worthwhile item. They seemed much more interested in putting their names on shit.

This. Don't know the game well enough to know it's shit, and wouldn't care anyway. Like a 4 year old with a crayon and a wall.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #24 - Mar 17th, 2016 at 12:37pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Mar 17th, 2016 at 1:23am:
I don't know about that.  I think that they will bring it back,

I wouldn't mind that at all. As far as events go I actually like this one. It is grindy, yes, but not NEARLY so grindy as Crystal Cove. Its also not timing-dependent or group dependant. And the thing itself isn't timed(90% of why I think all challenges are shit is because timed gameplay is lame) so its a nice liesurely, grind at your will grind.

And the gear isn't awful. Take Severlin's Iron Fists, grab the level 20 version, slap a +6 Charisma diamond in there, thats 10 charisma on a lvl 20 item. Not so bad, I say.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint