Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Flash sales in the store (Read 9634 times)
Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Flash sales in the store
May 13th, 2016 at 8:52am
Print Post  
I don't think I can bring myself to log in daily and check what's on sale, but if anybody is on and notices a good deal, would you post it here?

Thanks

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Illiterate
Titan Demolisher

Yataaaa

Re: Flash sales in the store
Reply #1 - May 13th, 2016 at 10:13am
Print Post  
35% off Treasure Hunter's Elixirs

most expensive item: 195 TP for 10 bottles of 6 hours +15 bonus to dice roll for loot from chests (better quality in random loot)
so 60 hours of better quality loot for 195 tp (aka 800 favor)

it's on for 3 more hours

edit: 1 hour
« Last Edit: May 13th, 2016 at 12:18pm by Illiterate »  

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #2 - May 13th, 2016 at 5:47pm
Print Post  
Illiterate wrote on May 13th, 2016 at 10:13am:
60 hours of "better quality" loot

FTFY.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #3 - May 13th, 2016 at 6:23pm
Print Post  
love how they wont take the step to post what these sales are in advance so we can plan accordingly. Nope, gotta log in if ya wanna know  Roll Eyes

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Barkabout
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - May 13th, 2016 at 7:41pm
Print Post  
DDO has flash sales now. Talk about adding something to the game 5 fucking years too late.

Flash sales would have been great when there was a population, but in the post-MOTU game, it's just vultures picking at the bones of the few whales left still playing the game.

If the Flash sales are to get people to log in more often--as in daily--Turbine already shit the bed with their two-tiered Daily Dice.

IP Logged

PersonaNonGrata
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - May 13th, 2016 at 7:50pm
Print Post  
Barkabout wrote on May 13th, 2016 at 7:41pm:
DDO has flash sales now. Talk about adding something to the game 5 fucking years too late.

Flash sales would have been great when there was a population, but in the post-MOTU game, it's just vultures picking at the bones of the few whales left still playing the game.

If the Flash sales are to get people to log in more often--as in daily--Turbine already shit the bed with their two-tiered Daily Dice.

Agree totally.
Some marketroid read about this somewhere and though it would be great!
Not enough population to matter now, and those who aren't logging in see a game so badly damaged - why would they log in for sales of shit they can't use because of lag and shit design/QA?

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - May 14th, 2016 at 5:08am
Print Post  
What the fuck is a flash sale?  They have a weekly sale that they advertise on the launcher, is that a flash sale?  They've done that forever so far as I'm aware.

Here is the latest:
Quote:
Store More Loot!
Thu, 12 May 2016 20:57:38 +0000
20% off select Storage, Bags, and more!
May 13th - 19th

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

LordPiglet
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - May 14th, 2016 at 7:14am
Print Post  
Nope, other stuff on sale for x number of hours

Right now, trial of the Archons and the devils gambit, 35% off

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #8 - May 14th, 2016 at 8:14am
Print Post  
PersonaNonGrata wrote on May 13th, 2016 at 7:50pm:
why would they log in for sales of shit they can't use because of lag and shit design/QA?

Yeah, that was my thought exactly. I guess if a pack I wanted come on sale for a good price I might log on, but I find the lag too frustrating to bother with treasure potions. And I already own most of the old packs, and don't really want most of the new ones, so I'm not even sure what pack I'd log on to buy. Lag is better and I can play through it now, but the momentum broke, I'm just not that into it anymore.

But I don't mind logging in here every day, even if there isn't anything worth buying there are at least some doughnuts and side boobs worth window shopping Smiley

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

notajedi
Stormreaver Piker

What idiot puts personal
information here? Gunga

Reply #9 - May 14th, 2016 at 8:36am
Print Post  
New Flash Sales are roughly at 2 PM Eastern Standard Time.  Not exactly sure of the exact time, but there is a clock on the flash sale with time remaining.

I just don't care enough to do the clock addition/subtraction/mathematics.

The motherboards people are complaining about Flash Sales.    But then, people complain about everything.  Obviously, they do not understand marketing.

Yes, it is to make you login in hopes of doing something.

I suspect that once this runs it course, it will go away.

Daily Dice is NOT a reason to for me to login every day or every week.  What a pile of horse dung it is.

A good thing to market is QUALITY.  But that is not going to happen.

IP Logged

fork
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - May 15th, 2016 at 5:35am
Print Post  
FYI current sale is monster manuals at 50%.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #11 - May 16th, 2016 at 9:34am
Print Post  
notajedi wrote on May 14th, 2016 at 8:36am:
Daily Dice is NOT a reason to for me to login every day or every week.  What a pile of horse dung it is.

A good thing to market is QUALITY.  But that is not going to happen.

^This

I suspect they are getting desperate, logins are low and not bouncing back, and they are probably worried about 2nd quartter reporting. There isn't enough time to improve quality, but they can try a trick like flash sales to slap a bandaid on it.

The problem is, Sev is just over his head in this job, and nobody left has a solid grasp of cause and effect. Flash sales might have been a decent way to bring people back if the game had made significant quality improvements, but if they've merely clawed their way back to the pre-DC levels of disrepair, it's not going to bring back the people who were barely hanging on. And by shooting their load before they have things really fixed up, they've undermined their ability to get people to take a second look if they do fix things up in the future.

Turbine, taking the one straw off doesn't heal the camel's back  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

nowAvaultie
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - May 16th, 2016 at 10:53am
Print Post  

For me, I do log in every day to get my Daily Dice roll. It's a good way to store up a bunch of experience gems for a TR. In fact, I've got a character I TR'd that is currently level two and I am feeding her xp gems that are worth 300 xp or lower ONLY. And I'll keep doing this until she's level 3. I have the time to let her sit there because I've got two other TR's I'm actively working on, one I'm leveling with a friend and so only gets played on weekends; the other I'm leveling independently and is one of my main characters, which means I'll be focused on that character until I get him back to level 30. In fact, that second character I leveled to level 3 using only xp gems with a value of 400 to 3000 experience. I had so many 400 xp gems saved up that I got the character a full rank into level 2 just on those.

That all said, I don't generally have time to run any quests or anything. I just log on, get the roll, and log off. If I am not at home, then my wife has my log in information and will get the rolls for me. I still have a several xp gems from 3k to 10k in value that I have not yet used and I doubt they'll get used any time soon. Once my TR'd main character is back to 30, I'll focus on that level 2 character, instead. So, by the time I'm ready for another TR, I'll have a horde of xp gems ready again.

OldCoaly wrote on May 27th, 2016 at 11:27am:
If one of those types of weapons isn't "wraps", then it's a non-starter for Fran.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - May 17th, 2016 at 3:23am
Print Post  
New Flash Sales are roughly at 2 PM Eastern Standard Time.  Not exactly sure of the exact time, but there is a clock on the flash sale with time remaining.

I find this hilarious if only because I was completely clueless about it.  I mean, it's a Turbine level of failure that they spent time working on a sales engine and someone who plays like a Dentist (4 out of 5 days) and looks at their forums on at least a weekly basis wasn't even aware of it.  How do they intend to get me to spend my dollars on these flash sales if they aren't even mentioned on the launcher?

No, let me be Frank.

I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

PersonaNonGrata
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - May 17th, 2016 at 3:34am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on May 17th, 2016 at 3:23am:
I find this hilarious if only because I was completely clueless about it.  I mean, it's a Turbine level of failure that they spent time working on a sales engine and someone who plays like a Dentist (4 out of 5 days) and looks at their forums on at least a weekly basis wasn't even aware of it.  How do they intend to get me to spend my dollars on these flash sales if they aren't even mentioned on the launcher?

Shhhhh!!!
they are a secret only meant for the fanbois.

IP Logged

Illiterate
Titan Demolisher

Yataaaa

Reply #15 - May 17th, 2016 at 3:36am
Print Post  
today's sale is tomes of fate +1 +2 and +3 at 35% iirc

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - May 17th, 2016 at 8:07am
Print Post  
Illiterate wrote on May 17th, 2016 at 3:36am:
today's sale is tomes of fate +1 +2 and +3 at 35% iirc

How do you know?  Where do they advertise this shit?
« Last Edit: May 17th, 2016 at 8:07am by Frank »  

No, let me be Frank.

I will not chone.

IP Logged

nowAvaultie
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - May 17th, 2016 at 8:10am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on May 17th, 2016 at 8:07am:
How do you know?  Where do they advertise this shit?

The only place I know is to open the store and the flash sales are advertised in the main window (provided you're patient and let it load before searching on anything else).

If one of those types of weapons isn't "wraps", then it's a non-starter for Fran.

IP Logged

Sim-Sala-Bim
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Wha...?

Reply #18 - May 17th, 2016 at 10:39am
Print Post  
nowAvaultie wrote on May 17th, 2016 at 8:10am:
The only place I know is to open the store and the flash sales are advertised in the main window (provided you're patient and let it load before searching on anything else).

Yes. That's the only place to see them. Thus, you have to check every day.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/475413-Additional-Flash-Sales-informat...
Quote:
I wanted to provide some additional information about the Flash Sales.

-These sales will flip over at 1:30pm Eastern Time each day. The seventh and final flash sale will end at 1:30pm Eastern Time on Thursday, May 19th
-Be sure to log all the way into your character before opening the DDO Store. When you then open the Store, you should be able to scroll through the rotator slides and see one for the Flash Sales. The slide will include text indicating what is on sale, and a countdown timer to the end of the sale. To make this a little easier, I have made some adjustments that should have the Flash Sale slide show first when the Store is opened.

SC_Trader

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - May 17th, 2016 at 12:49pm
Print Post  
Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on May 17th, 2016 at 10:39am:
Yes. That's the only place to see them. Thus, you have to check every day.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/475413-Additional-Flash-Sales-informat...

Huh.  Well then.  Seventh and final seems to say it is an experiment.  Might be repeated if it brought in some sales.  But the invisibility to me tells me it has failed.  I'm more than willing to accept that I'm clueless, but if a sale event doesn't manage to even make me aware of its existence until 2 days before it is scheduled to end, and only then because I read a forum that Turbine seems to hate, it seems to be more of a failure than my own failure to be aware that it existed.

No, let me be Frank.

I will not chone.

IP Logged

nowAvaultie
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - May 17th, 2016 at 1:34pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on May 17th, 2016 at 12:49pm:
Huh.  Well then.  Seventh and final seems to say it is an experiment.  Might be repeated if it brought in some sales.  But the invisibility to me tells me it has failed.  I'm more than willing to accept that I'm clueless, but if a sale event doesn't manage to even make me aware of its existence until 2 days before it is scheduled to end, and only then because I read a forum that Turbine seems to hate, it seems to be more of a failure than my own failure to be aware that it existed.

Yeah, they did their usual bang-up job making people aware of it and making it easy to find. I couldn't find it the first day, but it didn't really matter to me since I don't have many points anyway. Most of the rest of what's been on sale is stuff I have since I'm still VIP.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #21 - May 17th, 2016 at 3:33pm
Print Post  
Its always a good idea to tell people there's a sale but not tell them what's being sold unless they come inside and check. That NEVER backfires.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #22 - May 17th, 2016 at 3:43pm
Print Post  
Today's is guild stuff.  Paints, etc.  And beacons.  You can get 5 guild beacons for 10 TP.  They are 75% off.  If you like those.  At that price I don't mind having a few on each character for times when I'm lazy or in a hurry.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #23 - May 17th, 2016 at 5:37pm
Print Post  
Yeah that's actually well worth buying. Thanks for sharing, I wouldn't have even checked the store today if I hadn't known. Definitely worth dropping 100TP or so on at that price, for those rare occasions when I want to show someone my pathetic ship...

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #24 - May 17th, 2016 at 7:02pm
Print Post  
Much more fun to pop it, and then not invite anyone in the party until just after it times out.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint