Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Downtime Notice: 8:00 - 11:00 AM Eastern (-4 GMT) (Read 9680 times)
platfarmchink
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Downtime Notice: 8:00 - 11:00 AM Eastern (-4 GMT)
Jun 20th, 2016 at 6:05pm
Print Post  
Downtime Notice: 8:00 - 11:00 AM Eastern (-4 GMT) Tuesday, June 21st
The DDO game worlds will be unavailable from 8:00 AM - 11:00 AM Eastern (-4 GMT) on Tuesday, June 21st for Update 31 Patch 3. We'll see you in the game soon!

The patch includes:

A fix for an enhancement that was causing decreased game performance.

The addition (for real this time) of Bigby's Pointing Fingers and PRR/MRR potions in the DDO Store.

The implementation of a 50 mail limit per character in the in-game mail system. Players with more than 50 mails will be unable to send mail or post/bid in the auction houses. This is being done to improve game performance. The improvement will be seen when players reduce the size of their inboxes. At this time we are not deleting mail.

Tuesday, 21 June 2016, 08:00:00 EDT GMT-4 hours
Tuesday, 21 June 2016, 07:00:00 CDT GMT-5 hours
Tuesday, 21 June 2016, 06:00:00 MDT GMT-6 hours
Tuesday, 21 June 2016, 05:00:00 PDT GMT-7 hours

Tuesday, 21 June 2016, 12:00:00 UTC GMT
Tuesday, 21 June 2016, 13:00:00 BST GMT+1 hour
Tuesday, 21 June 2016, 14:00:00 CEST GMT+2 hours
Tuesday, 21 June 2016, 15:00:00 EEST GMT+3 hours

Tuesday, 21 June 2016, 20:45:00 ACWST GMT+8:45 hours
Tuesday, 21 June 2016, 21:30:00 ACST GMT+9:30 hours
Tuesday, 21 June 2016, 22:00:00 AEST GMT+10 hours

IP Logged

Charon
Ex Member

Re: Downtime Notice: 8:00 - 11:00 AM Eastern (-4 GMT)
Reply #1 - Jun 20th, 2016 at 6:08pm
Print Post  
I can't decide if the game has just been horribly coded for a long time and mail was causing server wide lag this whole time,  or if they're so incompetent that they're just throwing this up as a hail mary.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Jun 20th, 2016 at 6:17pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I can't decide if the game has just been horribly coded for a long time and mail was causing server wide lag this whole time,  or if they're so incompetent that they're just throwing this up as a hail mary.

why not both?

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #3 - Jun 20th, 2016 at 6:37pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Jun 21st, 2016 at 12:23am
Print Post  
Quote:

Read the main thread.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Charon
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jun 21st, 2016 at 9:43am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Jun 21st, 2016 at 12:23am:
Read the main thread.

Sorry that thread doesn't really say much.  It's three pages of:
P2P: blurgle narf snark

Everyone else:  We hate you go diaf

P2P:  blurgle narf snark blurgle?

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Jun 21st, 2016 at 10:00am
Print Post  
Quote:
Sorry that thread doesn't really say much.

And that makes it better than this thread how?
« Last Edit: Jun 21st, 2016 at 10:01am by Frank »  

No, let me be Frank.

I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Charon
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Jun 21st, 2016 at 11:01am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Jun 21st, 2016 at 10:00am:
And that makes it better than this thread how?

blurgle narf snark

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #8 - Jun 21st, 2016 at 11:25am
Print Post  
It is rare that they do this many patch updates between releases.

IP Logged

Charon
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Jun 21st, 2016 at 11:48am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jun 21st, 2016 at 11:25am:

True.  I think they know that the lag issues drove a lot of people away after the data center move.  They're doing damage control on the servers to try to stop the bleeding.  It's better a bit now,  but hopefully they keep going.  Even predata center move,  the server wasn't great so hopefully the dart board method can improve things farther.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #10 - Jun 21st, 2016 at 1:10pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jun 21st, 2016 at 11:25am:

We should be around next update release date by now... but with the fucked up situation caused by their fucking up the datacenter move, all the ressources must have been allocated to unfuck the clusterfuck caused by the fucking datacenter move before it was fucking too late.

I know we have been hit hard in guild by that datacenter fucked up situation... We went from doing full guild raids ( with 3 or 4 people in waiting list in case of no show )  3 times a week to doing shortmanned guild raids 3 times a week despite asking Greeks, Maniacs ( from Sweden ) and a few other friendly guilds if they want to join us as we have spots.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #11 - Jun 21st, 2016 at 1:13pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Jun 21st, 2016 at 1:10pm:
We should be around next update release date by now... but with the fucked up situation caused by their fucking up the datacenter move, all the ressources must have been allocated to unfuck the clusterfuck caused by the fucking datacenter move before it was fucking too late.

I know we have been hit hard in guild by that datacenter fucked up situation... We went from doing full guild raids ( with 3 or 4 people in waiting list in case of no show )  3 times a week to doing shortmanned guild raids 3 times a week despite asking Greeks, Maniacs ( from Sweden ) and a few other friendly guilds if they want to join us as we have spots.

It has been tough.  Just in the last 7 days have things rebounded back to seeing 12-15 people on in guild at one time during peak hours

Raids have been mostly shortman or 50-60% channel partners in guild raids for the last few months. 

IP Logged

Novalis
Dragon Raider

I may be a bastard but
I'm not a fuckin' bastard

Reply #12 - Jun 21st, 2016 at 1:25pm
Print Post  
Quote:
True.  I think they know that the lag issues drove a lot of people away after the data center move.  They're doing damage control on the servers to try to stop the bleeding.  It's better a bit now,  but hopefully they keep going.  Even predata center move,  the server wasn't great so hopefully the dart board method can improve things farther.

I broke down after seeing a long time guildie I hadn't seen in 4 years log in and I decided to go the quick and easy Steam route to say hello and see what the latest hub bub was. I will confess that lag had significantly improved after u31 but the worst of DDO shouldn't be considered it's newest default spec. Previous issues were still prevalent. Spells and clickies going off in combat taking resources and putting you on timer with no effect.

Lag like during the data center move was gone but latency spikes and client side DC's so bad it reset routers were rampant and could hit anyone at anytime. One of the most interesting stories was a good player came from I believe Cannith to a much more populated server. They said they were able to find a group better than ever while I was noticing the problem they were faced with that prompted their server move. There were less than 100 players on the who board during peak times. Long time players were either not logging in but every other week or had completely left the game. If one of the current theories I've heard was to shit on the game so much it staggers a decline in population so it can justify certain actions down the line, Turbine had certainly accomplished their mission.

I've also noticed that random gen loot has become an integral part of the mad dash for power creep. DC based toons are in a desperate search for that one piece with +16's or +7 or +3 insightfuls because the mobs as I've said before aren't too powerful, they're just cheap and going with the flow of powercreep is just a way to keep up without going under.

Just from a longview observation it seems like the saboteurs at Turbine are incrementally acclimating players for a less involved DDO. The biggest sign for this was taking away phone support which was the only way most people could get anything account side facilitated with any success. Now that fair and objective customer support has been extinguished and put in the hands of the same people that close tickets and ignore bug reports, who the in their right mind would spend money on DDO and expect a good gaming experience?

My time back was very short lived. My friend that came back left a few days back in. What made me turn away again was no one to game with, or parties of people running the same mindless monotonous daily quests for their xp grind, the lack of available gear to complete one of my builds and that was in part due to the lack of items in any of the auction houses because no one is playing anymore. When you only got in your level range less than one page of clothing and maybe 2 pages of jewelry and that's not in specific item categories, that is a sign you're living in a soon to be ghost town. The damage has been done. And given what I've seen especially with the way Turbine deals with it's customers, I'm not seeing how it could recover to even limp along.
« Last Edit: Jun 21st, 2016 at 1:32pm by Novalis »  

IP Logged

S_O_B
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Jun 21st, 2016 at 4:48pm
Print Post  
platfarmchink wrote on Jun 20th, 2016 at 6:05pm:
A fix for an enhancement that was causing decreased game performance.

will they post what the enhancement fix was?

IP Logged

Charon
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Jun 21st, 2016 at 11:03pm
Print Post  
S_O_B wrote on Jun 21st, 2016 at 4:48pm:
will they post what the enhancement fix was? 

lol

IP Logged

no.
DQ Assaulter

Just no.

Reply #15 - Jun 22nd, 2016 at 9:30am
Print Post  
Do I need to log in tonight to clear my mailbox? I haven't played in a long time but have some cancelled auction storage. If it really will expire now, that means it will be gone today or tomorrow after the patch.

Or is this only for new mail, and the old stuff is not impacted? I saw a post that they weren't manually deleting shit, but giving me just a few days notice when I was previously able to leave it there permanently is kinda shitty.  I get that it was not WAI, but that's not my fault.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Jun 22nd, 2016 at 9:55am
Print Post  
no. wrote on Jun 22nd, 2016 at 9:30am:
Do I need to log in tonight to clear my mailbox? I haven't played in a long time but have some cancelled auction storage. If it really will expire now, that means it will be gone today or tomorrow after the patch.

Or is this only for new mail, and the old stuff is not impacted? I saw a post that they weren't manually deleting shit, but giving me just a few days notice when I was previously able to leave it there permanently is kinda shitty.  I get that it was not WAI, but that's not my fault.

According to Jerry the expire date will now work.  So anything you have that stopped at a 1 day expire will go away the next day.  Which is today.  Good luck!

« Last Edit: Jun 22nd, 2016 at 9:56am by Frank »  

No, let me be Frank.

I will not chone.

IP Logged

no.
DQ Assaulter

Just no.

Reply #17 - Jun 22nd, 2016 at 11:56am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Jun 22nd, 2016 at 9:55am:
According to Jerry the expire date will now work.  So anything you have that stopped at a 1 day expire will go away the next day.  Which is today.  Good luck!

That's exactly what I was worried about. If I lost all that shit, the odds of me coming back drop from "eh, maybe if I'm bored." To "why bother?"

While their statement "we aren't going to delete anything" is technically true , it's still the same damn result for many people.   Angry

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - Jun 22nd, 2016 at 12:19pm
Print Post  
This shit is lawlz to me.... people using mail to hoard scrambling..

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #19 - Jun 22nd, 2016 at 12:21pm
Print Post  
"we aren't going to delete anything", read as: "we set your shit to self-destruct."
« Last Edit: Jun 22nd, 2016 at 12:22pm by [] »  

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #20 - Jun 22nd, 2016 at 6:03pm
Print Post  
no. wrote on Jun 22nd, 2016 at 9:30am:

I've been leaving some worthless crap in my mailbox for a while now, to test exactly this. As of this post, it is still there. Not sure if a timer started, if the "1 day" is now true. Could be 1 day from the last log-in.

I expect new mail to disappear as announced, but Turbine, so you never know. It'll be 5 days before I know if they did what they think they did.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Jun 22nd, 2016 at 6:24pm
Print Post  
no. wrote on Jun 22nd, 2016 at 11:56am:
That's exactly what I was worried about. If I lost all that shit, the odds of me coming back drop from "eh, maybe if I'm bored." To "why bother?"

While their statement "we aren't going to delete anything" is technically true , it's still the same damn result for many people.   Angry

Exactly.  They really don't need to manually delete anything, as long as their 'fix' for the mail expiry works the way they want it to work.  All they need to do is wait one day and re-measure all the accounts they identified which had piles of mail backlogged.  Thye will know that either people scrambled to not lose stuff in the mail, or that it got auto-deleted.  Either way they win, except for losing some customers over it I guess.  But I don't think they really care about losing customers over changes they make in order to sell more bank space or character slots.

Or they can mail 1cp from one of their dev accounts to another, and wait 5 days from that.

No, let me be Frank.

I will not chone.

IP Logged

no.
DQ Assaulter

Just no.

Reply #22 - Jun 22nd, 2016 at 9:05pm
Print Post  
I'd gladly buy more space, if it were available. I'm one of those weirdos that only plays 1 character.  I've bought all  the available BtC storage including bank and inventory. Plus all the shared bank upgrades.

This change impacts TRing my main, which is all I do on DDO. One more hurdle in an already shitty system. Fuck Turbine. Sad

IP Logged

Charon
Ex Member

Reply #23 - Jun 22nd, 2016 at 10:57pm
Print Post  
no. wrote on Jun 22nd, 2016 at 9:05pm:
I'd gladly buy more space, if it were available. I'm one of those weirdos that only plays 1 character.  I've bought all  the available BtC storage including bank and inventory. Plus all the shared bank upgrades.

This change impacts TRing my main, which is all I do on DDO. One more hurdle in an already shitty system. Fuck Turbine. Sad

Mules use mules.

IP Logged

Sim-Sala-Bim
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Wha...?

Reply #24 - Jun 23rd, 2016 at 1:38am
Print Post  

Quote:
Mules use mules.

His main concern probably is BtC stuff.

Only a hoarder can understand another hoarder.
« Last Edit: Jun 23rd, 2016 at 1:38am by Sim-Sala-Bim »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint